• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

20 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

What the fuck

For the record, he only moves if Rafiel is in range.

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This dude is a really interesting character as long as he exists.

Basically Corrin if Fates wasn't a piece of shit.

Though I guess he was more directly inspired by Padolf.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...And then his daughter is a horrible monster who owns a slave that she has lashed for fun.

Lyttia and Tallan's backstory in a nutshell.

At least it's rather fitting that nobody actually likes her. They just put up with her because of her position. Unlike other abusive assholes like Tharja, Peri or Corrin.
If only Kaga wasn't trying to turn this into an actual romance. I think it would be a much more effective story if Lyttia's abusive behavior had burned that bridge down and she has to learn that it will stay that way, no matter how much she grows as a person. She wasted that opportunity and now she has to learn to live with that fact.

Well, it's not like they don't have fanart. So I guess it works for some people? Idk.
avs019.jpg

https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2016/10/19/193818

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is true. Rubina and Yaeri live and die by the Doyenne. If they don't have it, they're both completely useless. Ma'aya is even worse, but at least she can be used as a silver card. It's something. This is all made even funnier because the game teases you with Aslanne, who is way more competent than either her subordinates... and then takes her away until the very final map, and doesn't even give her her pegasus back at that point. So silly.

I don't see it. They have decent stats, are unaffected by most terrain, and can move away after attacking.
One of them always falls behind of the other for me, but I do always use them both.
avs037.jpg
https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2016/10/07/122115

Aslanne is just built differently. She has 3 very silly things on top of all the good stuff her subordinates got: Commander I, Critical Reprisal and build in critical hit immunity.
It says something about how absurd she is that VS2 actually nerfed her by removing Critical Reprisal.
avs040.jpg
https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2016/09/25/232944

Edited by BrightBow

17 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Why would Nanna have Fates capture

Because I want Mitan in my team.

5 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Basically Corrin if Fates wasn't a piece of shit.

Though I guess he was more directly inspired by Padolf.

Ehh. Padolf doesn't have what guilty conscience Hetzel has, not to mention his genuinely good deeds. On the contrary, he's just a bumbling idiot who had no idea just how big of a mess he had gotten himself mixed up in. He does have the best battle quote, though.

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

At least it's rather fitting that nobody actually likes her. They just put up with her because of her position. Unlike other abusive assholes like Tharja, Peri or Corrin.
If only Kaga wasn't trying to turn this into an actual romance. I think it would be a much more effective story if Lyttia's abusive behavior had burned that bridge down and she has to learn that it will stay that way, no matter how much she grows as a person. She wasted that opportunity and now she has to learn to live with that fact.

That'd been better, certainly. But still, you say nobody actually likes her and that's true, but they don't treat her nearly as they should. The characters and the story at large seem to pretend she's just a spoiled asshole, but she's an abusive slave owner. Everyone's reaction to that is so nonchalant. We're supposed to be the good guys, right? If it was an ugly old man with bulging eyes keeping a female slave, we'd disembowel him. Why is nobody pulling out swords and demanding Tallan be freed? Why is everyone pretending Naccara is a great guy when he's allowing this to happen?

Plus, I'd be okay with her getting an arc and changing for the better (if it was handled well) but she doesn't really get much better, does she? She's a horrible idiot the entire game, she just gets kidnapped at one point, saved and coddled and then she just... I don't know, becomes slightly less vitriolic? Nobody ever holds her accountable for abusing and nearly killing Tallan. Least of all Tallan.

If nothing else, I'd have appreciated if Garlan gave her a good couple of slaps across the face. I appreciate his attempt at teaching her a lesson but at the end of the day it was still Tallan that was punished for her being an evil crow.

9 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Well, it's not like they don't have fanart. So I guess it works for some people? Idk.
avs019.jpg

Good as always but fuck me not the right subject. Lyttia doesn't get to be "cute", she's a fucking devil.

9 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I don't see it. They have decent stats, are unaffected by most terrain, and can move away after attacking.
One of them always falls behind of the other for me, but I do always use them both.
avs037.jpg

In my old run, I used Rubina consistently, at least. She was... okay.

This run, they have both fallen behind so badly that Yaeri couldn't kill things even with the Doyenne last time I deployed her. Which was last map, except I had missed half the things I needed to do for Ma'aya so I deployed her for nothing lol. No fliers for me this run.

10 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Aslanne is just built differently. She has 3 very silly things. Commander I, Critical Reprisal and build in critical hit immunity.
It says something about how absurd she is that VS2 actually nerfed her by removing Critical Reprisal.

A worthy price to pay to get her for the entire game, just about. She's just late enough to miss out on the fancy faces image at the start of chapter 6, but considering she then joins in chapter 6, she's still got the whole game ahead of her. As much as VS2 will allow, of course. I mean, fuck, the highest availability in the game is Ashram and Sujata and the absolute maximum amount of maps they can be in is 17 out of 26.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In my old run, I used Rubina consistently, at least. She was... okay.

This run, they have both fallen behind so badly that Yaeri couldn't kill things even with the Doyenne last time I deployed her. Which was last map, except I had missed half the things I needed to do for Ma'aya so I deployed her for nothing lol. No fliers for me this run.

They can't kill even with a Cutlass?

13 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

They can't kill even with a Cutlass?

The cutlass is not as strong as the doyenne so, no. I fed too much experience to other folks and now their damage is Hoelun-tier. Except I like Hoelun. I don't like them much. They're just two more forgettable peggy-sues for the pile of forgettable peggy-sues this series has to offer. Certainly would rather have their boss, but alas, gotta wait a game for that.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

I benched the fliers cause they all sucked ass. I've never seen fliers be that bad in a game before but Vestaria did it.

And that's the thing with Vestaria. It'll hard punish you later if you dared to bench someone. Hopefully Vestaria 2 isn't as spiteful.

They cant suck much worse than pegasus knights do in Project Ember. Thea for one has absolutely crappy resistance there which pretty much kills their main purpose IMHO

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The cutlass is not as strong as the doyenne so, no. I fed too much experience to other folks and now their damage is Hoelun-tier. Except I like Hoelun. I don't like them much. They're just two more forgettable peggy-sues for the pile of forgettable peggy-sues this series has to offer. Certainly would rather have their boss, but alas, gotta wait a game for that.

I would say they have their moments.
avs025.jpg

https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2016/10/19/182745

Yaeri would have also gone on to become Ma'aya's mentor, but I suppose that is not going to happen this run.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can't believe Not Bennette and her friends are the strongest enemies in the entire game.

I keep missing and having to redo three turns. God fucking damn them... It's going to make me spiteful enough to commit the war crime.

She is definitely stronger than her boyfriend in the East.
avs059.jpg

https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2016/10/06/021318

Speaking of war crimes, you can actually buy the poison and then sell it for a profit. You don't need to actually use it.

Edited by BrightBow

27 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

0wxydgd6mi5c1.jpg?auto=webp&s=a1745bc794

One of those is not like the others lol

There's something wrong with me. I see Okarin looking like he's been through hell and back and I grin like an idiot because just his face is funny to me.

Anyway, Faris is happy to know she's best girl. Too bad for her the actual best girl is Moeka, but she tries.

11 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Yaeri would have also gone on to become Ma'aya's mentor, but I suppose that is not going to happen this run.

Luckily I still got the old save. I can always check the endings I miss.

She is definitely stronger than her boyfriend in the East.
avs059.jpg

https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2016/10/06/021318

Boyfriend's actually with the blonde. He got one-rounded by like three different units. Meanwhile the girl squad required like four resets until everything finally lined up and the gang took them down.

If only they were recruitable. I mean I guess one of them technically is in the next game lol

Speaking of war crimes, you can actually buy the poison and then sell it for a profit. You don't need to actually use it.

Yeah, I know.

I chose to use it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Honestly though, I played Devil's advocate before with Armagon but VS1 is just not as clear as it should be sometimes. First I missed Ma'aya because I forgot Cyltan could talk to Ke'mar - which, fair, my bad for not checking the menu, but at the same time, how come horses can't climb cliffs but Cyltan's horse can? And now I forgot how chapter 12 worked and got Cyltan to Neira the hard way - wading through a sea of her people's entrails while Lyttia kept Jamulan in check. At least neither seemed particularly miffed about it... But now Cyltan had to retreat all the way to the other side of the map to nab Hilda and company lol

Needless to say, VS2 is way better about this

Aaaaaaaanyway

yRcyUwkU_o.png

Time for some bad ideas.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hurray for Nintendo PC!

Only cutscenes seem a bit eh...

Yeah, cutscenes are wonky.

Does the game run well? Somniel is the worst in my experience. Then some maps are more taxing than others.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I didn't go to Somniel yet, but i daresay it runs better then on the Switch

Well, of course. You can't have the 60 FPS patch on Switch.

You must have quite the awesome computer, though. You know me, I'm always a proponent of Nintendo PCing, but this is beyond what my system can handle. It's playable, but it struggles.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Some horses are just built different...

Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals Part #41 - Bonus 2 - Chapter 11B: Escape to  Freedom

Hah! I mean, he and his country are basically Sacae so that checks out.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Honestly though, I played Devil's advocate before with Armagon but VS1 is just not as clear as it should be sometimes. First I missed Ma'aya because I forgot Cyltan could talk to Ke'mar - which, fair, my bad for not checking the menu, but at the same time, how come horses can't climb cliffs but Cyltan's horse can?

No, Cyltan can't. The girl in the nearby house even tells you horses can't climb latters. But you can destroy the rock blocking the main entrance and have Cyltan get in that way.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Time for some bad ideas.

avs063.jpg

https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2016/11/09/120350

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, of course. You can't have the 60 FPS patch on Switch.

It only shows 30 actually, but it does feel smoother & it loads faster

I need to play around with the settings a bit, i just put everything on standard except controls lol

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

No, Cyltan can't. The girl in the nearby house even tells you horses can't climb latters. But you can destroy the rock blocking the main entrance and have Cyltan get in that way.

A part of me harbored hope that Kaga wouldn't make you run all around the map to get to Ke'mar.

Oh well.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

avs063.jpg

I like Cyltan just staring meanly.

Well, this is workable. I have two liquid magics. I can get her to very slightly decent not really cope magic with that and then worry about the rest of her garbo stats.

She can't even promote. Why did Kaga hate this girl so much...

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It only shows 30 actually, but it does feel smoother

There's a fanmade 60 FPS patch that is difficult to come back from once you try it.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I need to play around with the settings a bit, i just put everything on standard except controls lol

The game upscaled is gorgeous, if your computer can handle it.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

She can't even promote. Why did Kaga hate this girl so much...

She has the same class as Czene. She is clearly meant to be a mounted thief with some combat, rather than a real combat unit.

Hopefully that remake will make it eventually.