Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Haha, oh yeah, Qadi. I remember him. He's funny. I don't know if the zephyr sword guy is a specific reference to anything, though - just a cheeky way to set up the skeleton that gives you the zephyr sword later on the map.

Oh yeah, Zehpyr Sword. I suppose it was a wind sword, not a thunder sword. The thunder sword is a different one. Thunderlight Sword is what it's called her I think.

Anyway, time for chapter 17.

avs093.jpg
https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2016/11/15/232123

20200118122438.jpg
https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2017/08/31/005910

20200119000534.jpg
https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2017/05/03/013141

20200118123021.jpg
https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2017/08/26/224734

Btw, keep in mind that the leader of the hippies is a Goliath. They have the Special movement type. Aka, the type that Hilda's weapon deals effective damage against.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 180.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimp of the North

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

IMG_20231213_100012857.jpg?ex=658c66cb&i

I wonder if I'm obsessed...

Done did it, Quetz.

You are now The Discourse.

59 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

avs093.jpg

When the random-ass generic has an amazing design.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

The virgin "five minutes without Zade and half my army wanders off on me" vs the chad "I challenge a guy to a duel and then go hide behind my legion"

20200118123021.jpg

Aristotle fanart.

Btw, keep in mind that the leader of the hippies is a Goliath. They have the Special movement type. Aka, the type that Hilda's weapon deals effective damage against.

Yeah, he found out the hard way.

On 12/13/2022 at 4:04 PM, Lightchao42 said:

Wait a minute... my top three will all be Trails games next year, won't it?

Haha... (it was the top four actually)

Also, I saw Son of Godzilla. Godzilla has never looked more like Cookie Monster, though I wasn't expecting Kumonga to be a horror movie villain. I thought this was supposed to be a kids movie? As a fun fact, Minilla's name was decided in a raffle and was referred to as "Kojira" in the script. Minilla also sounds like a donkey, which was unexpected.

On 12/12/2023 at 11:17 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Incidentally,

Rest in peace, let us remember the good times we had together.

On 12/12/2023 at 1:53 PM, Newtype06 said:

This guy sums up in the first 2 minutes, lol.

Me about to watch an hour long video on a game I'll never play

1m8h64.jpg

The most exposure I have to Assassin's Creed was watching someone play Odyssey, I think, in college.

17 hours ago, Armagon said:

I like how this is all Three Houses and then there's Yunaka.

IS didn't want to go a year without releasing a new Edelgard and Dimitri, clearly. And yet Marianne hasn't gotten anything since she won CYL over two years ago...

Edited by Lightchao42

Wait, I just realized.

Since my fliers are shit and I have no Doyenne, I can't save the citizens of Frall.

Welp. I might have to just let them get executed. I don't know how to go about reaching the lever without killing - much less both the lever and Calliera! It's going to be such a joy to move on to VS2 and have actually good fliers instead of Generic Terrible Peggies 17# and 18#

...Man, really wish I'd remembered to talk to Ke'mar in that one map, though. Ma'aya and her second Doyenne would've been so nice.

Vestaria_Saga_I_13_12_2023_23_45_56.png?

looool not only does he look nothing like himself, he also isn't even named like himself. I wonder why they didn't keep these spellings of their names in VS2. I didn't know at the time so I never asked. I mean, Asuram does look worse than Ashram, but I kinda prefer Sjarta to Sujata. Eh, details.

Anyway, this is a map with a really strong first half and a really boring second half. The entire part in the city is amazing. Maneuvering around hostile enemies without killing them is a great challenge, as is saving Calliera and Sendric (not that there's any reason to save Sendric but the world doesn't deserve to lose facial hair like that). And once you finally get to Dalgren and gain the ability to kill indiscriminately? Oh it's so satisfying.

Then you get in the castle and run around a spiral for 15 turns while occasionally killing an enemy or cursing a status staffbot. Asuram and Sjarta are at least scarier than Beorn and Marlena, simply because I actually have to fight them.

1 hour ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

How…how can this have happened!?!?

It's okay Wraith, the child made it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, I just realized.

Since my fliers are shit and I have no Doyenne, I can't save the citizens of Frall.

All you need is a Door Key. The executions will stop once the door is opened.

avs088.jpg

https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2016/11/28/120051

avs010.jpg
https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2016/10/03/174137

8 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

ll you need is a Door Key. The executions will stop once the door is opened.

I mean, yeah, but to get there I needed to kill some people.

The bishop and the generic dude didn't make it. Too bad.

9 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

avs088.jpg

I do rather like this design for him. The jacket is pretty snazzy. Wish Kaga used it elsewhere... Or heck, just for Ashram. VS2 Ashram looks a lot more serious, which is probably why he got changed, but on the flipside his new face's kinda just a generic-ass sword edgelord.

10 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

avs010.jpg

She didn't treat her children much worse than Lyttia treated her love interest

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, yeah, but to get there I needed to kill some people.

The bishop and the generic dude didn't make it. Too bad.

A flier can sneak through the river, open the door and then canto out of dodge. Then you can kill as many enemies as you want without ever engaging the executioner in combat.

All your flier needs is someone who provides a lower Res target for the guy with the Sleep tome. Ring of Vows helps against the occasional arrow but probably isn't strictly necessary. Same with the Healing Ring or popping some alcohol in advance.

avs057.jpg
https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2016/11/07/200341

25 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

All you need is a Door Key. The executions will stop once the door is opened.

avs088.jpg

https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2016/11/28/120051

avs010.jpg
https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2016/10/03/174137

The beatings will continue until morale improves. 😎

I do love Adelaide. "Theodel? Is that you? I hardly recognize you without the bruises and welts."

Even when she gets killed, she is like "This was so fucking worth it."

She is doing pretty well for herself for a single chapter villain, I'd say.

Edited by BrightBow

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh that's just rancid.

THAT'S JUST FUCKING RANCID

Elbert's gonna lose his head again because the fucking child won't move out of the way.

This map is so bad.

Wow, you have the absolute worst luck in these games huh.

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Didn't get shit for sparing Samantha and the kid.

I should've fucking butchered the kid.

Huh, I distinctly remember getting something minor for keeping them alive, I think it was one of those growth rate boosting items that come way too late in this game, but it might be tied to other events on the map...

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's why I don't get why there isn't at least a bossman on the castles. Surely Kaga can't have just expected the player to break the map oh right Thracia 776 is a game he made.

There really should have been.

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

>Make cool new quirky characters

>give them alot of dressing up options

>Don't make them available in battle

>Don't make them available in battle

Not having the costumes in battle was just plain stupid of IS. Fates accessories show up in battle, why couldn't the customization of Engage reach the same level?

5 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

IMG_20231213_100012857.jpg?ex=658c66cb&i

I wonder if I'm obsessed...

Sweet, plan on cosplaying as her for some event or just to show off in the forums

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Me about to watch an hour long video on a game I'll never play

1m8h64.jpg

The magic of a good video essay.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, I just realized.

I saved all the civilians with just my ground troops on my first run. All of my fliers were focused on keeping both Calliera and her suicidal bearded boy alive through that map. Most of it was just creative pathing around enemy ranges, but the last little section was rather obnoxious with status staves really crippling my small force fast enough to avoid enemies, and having to make a formation with creatively unequipped tanky units to hold things off for me to squeeze a powerful enough unit (that was awake...) to kill that bastard executioner (I want to say it was Merida that had the honors, but it has been a while).

59 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Vestaria_Saga_I_13_12_2023_23_45_56.png?

looool not only does he look nothing like himself, he also isn't even named like himself. I wonder why they didn't keep these spellings of their names in VS2. I didn't know at the time so I never asked. I mean, Asuram does look worse than Ashram, but I kinda prefer Sjarta to Sujata. Eh, details.

That is some interesting pay off for killing those two in the earlier map. Also interesting that these are returning characters in VS2 apparently. I wonder if that will be made more consistent in the updated version of VS1 I heard vague things about being in the works...

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
34 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

avs010.jpg

She didn't treat her children much worse than Lyttia treated her love interest

A dark look at Lyttia's future...

5 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Good luck.

Thanks^^

PMU is starting to pick up steam now that more units are coming.

Someone give me Bow Knight Veronica!Framme. At first i was skeptical, but not only does Framme's Mag keep up with Levin/Radiant Bow for Midgame (tbf they are pretty powerful weapons with 13/19 MT respectively), but Long Bow + High Mov + Book of Worlds is a really fun combo. you got a wide range disabler on your hand. Really fun!.

5 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

If Alcryst fails to crit, hopefully that armor can finish things

Honestly, i was more afraid of getting counter critted than Alcryst not critting lol. That Engrave is a double Edged Sword. If this was an Ironman i would've definetly not done it  xD

Tnq93PQ.png

I am having lotsa fun with the outfits lol

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

ThraciaMoment.png?ex=658cd62a&is=657a612

Made this after thinking about how every defense of Thracia's game design i've seen is "use guides".

5 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Minilla also sounds like a donkey, which was unexpected.

Minilla is also like a real place.

I mean it's Manilla but it's pronounced basically the same.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

ThraciaMoment.png?ex=658cd62a&is=657a612

Made this after thinking about how every defense of Thracia's game design i've seen is "use guides".

By playing we talking about 100% it, or just finish it?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

How does one 100% Thracia? Like is that not just finishing the game?

Ah, yes, with the exclusive stuff it would not be a true 100%.

Well, what closest would be considered to 100% it. Every character recruited as permissible, get all the unique items, stuff like that I suppose.

>Time traveler *moves chair*

>The timeline

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, yes, with the exclusive stuff it would not be a true 100%.

Well, what closest would be considered to 100% it. Every character recruited as permissible, get all the unique items, stuff like that I suppose.

Yeah.

But i mainly meant in general. Anytime Thracia's mechanics get criticized, the defense is always "just see it coming bro". No other FE game gets defended in this way.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

>Time traveler *moves chair*

>The timeline

I've seen a lot of their fanart in the Reddit.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Yeah.

But i mainly meant in general. Anytime Thracia's mechanics get criticized, the defense is always "just see it coming bro". No other FE game gets defended in this way.

Does any other game get as attacked...?

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

've seen a lot of their fanart in the Reddit.

FE4 remake will make her recruitable.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Does any other game get as attacked...?

Depends on where you go i suppose but the common dunk between all of them is Rev.

FE4 remake will make her recruitable.

I mean, chances are pretty good up there, yeah.

Depends on where you go i suppose but the common dunk between all of them is Rev.

Sometimes I wonder if it's really that big of a deal to not know everything in advance...

I mean, I get the sentiment, I've felt it too, but rarely towards video games. Real life stuff matters more. If I knew when there'd be an earthquake here, I would feel much better than right now constantly living in the dark and dreading if we might not get another +7 Richter Scale shake on any given day... but well, I can't. Now that's the kind of stuff I wish there existed a guide for...

In a way, when you have worries like that, wondering if an Ambush Spawn will happen in a video game feels so inconsequential... I can reset for that. Not for real life.

Edited by Acacia Sgt