• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J051.png

The thing that all good Fire Emblem stories have in common is a faceless generic soldier.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J052.png

The homoerotic tension begins.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J054.png

Cool line! Still damseled unfortunately

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J056.png

Oh damn, I see how this all works.

...It's going to be a nightmare to fumble through constantly later on I imagine.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J060.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J061.png

For a split second I thought this was going to be like the hubba tester thing in Awakening. That would've been supremely hilarious.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J062.png

If someone could teach me how to competently use the arena that'd be great.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J065.png

Okay I didn't expect those guys on the right to move, that might be a problem.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J066.png

An hour later I fixed the previous problem and now am in an entirely new one. Jesus Christ they weren't kidding about the long maps thing. I'm actually going to do something I don't recall ever doing in the entirety of playing this franchise...save mid chapter and pick it up later.

Just now, GuardianSing said:

The thing that all good Fire Emblem stories have in common is a faceless generic soldier.

They walked so Gatekeeper could run.

Not until Quan enters the scene. Reject monogamy, embrace triads!

Does it really count when it's actually her nephew who's captive, and not her?

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J060.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J061.png

For a split second I thought this was going to be like the hubba tester thing in Awakening. That would've been supremely hilarious.

What are you talking about? That's Old Hubba!

On a serious note, this is basically the only way you can tell how's the Love Point score between two units... and you only get phrases without actually telling you how close they are. Love Points go from 0 to 500, and the phrase changes every 100 points.

It comes down to weapons. It's a gauntlet, and enemies are set. There are two versions, one for melee/magic units, and the other for ranged units. Order is set, stats are set, enemy weapons are set. So yeah, it's all down to your stats and inventory. Every unit can run the gauntlet, and they can only clear it once per chapter.

An hour later I fixed the previous problem and now am in an entirely new one. Jesus Christ they weren't kidding about the long maps thing. I'm actually going to do something I don't recall ever doing in the entirety of playing this franchise...save mid chapter and pick it up later.

At least you can save mid chapter. Once per turn, but you can.

Dude, my man Okita already comes with 10 kills and at level 10, hahaha.

Okay, that was the first stage. The long journey to Iscandar... begins!

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

zNx6DGs.jpg

Well, didn't except enemy to go all reincarnation on me so early

Yeah i remember being caught off guard by this.

From here on, Djinn's Wish is dependent on your Kudos. The higher it is, the more likely it happens, until the likelyhood is 100%.

42 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

You will notice that Kaga's fetish starts to get really blatant from this game onwards.

What Acacia said, also the arena doesn't kill you in this.

Jesus Christ they weren't kidding about the long maps thing. I'm actually going to do something I don't recall ever doing in the entirety of playing this franchise...save mid chapter and pick it up later.

The only thing I can lament is that for V and X, I'll likely never be able to get the Pre-Order stuff.

It wouldn't be too bad... if not for the fact that for T it was available to buy. So it will bother me that I could get it for one game, but not the rest. Either all or none would be fine. In-between? Gah!

Ah well...

I find it a bit amusing how V does the inverse of what SRW does with UC Gundam. Instead of merging multiple events happening at the same time (well, V still does this), it also has the events of F91 and Crossbone happen 100 years after Char's Counterattack. In actual canon it was only like about 30 years, not a hundred!

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Pft, they actually give you the option to switch mid-game? XD

From what i gather, this is the only time they ask you that too. The male MC can go hang out with the Uma Musame characters just fine. But Love Live? Nah, please play as a girl.

You know, it kinda makes it a shame they put that message about story content. If they bothered to put the option, having a little scene where it's acknowledged would've been hilarious. lol

Ah, had to finally put a stop to using my Switch. Only reached to halfway chapter 2, fighting against Jupiter Empire mooks and Tobia shows up to help. I find it curious how Crossbone Gundam was a mainstay of the trilogy. Considering how Alpha 2 is the only other time it shows up, I guess it makes Crossbone part of VTX's identity. Kinda like Might Gaine too, come to think of it.

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You know, it kinda makes it a shame they put that message about story content. If they bothered to put the option, having a little scene where it's acknowledged would've been hilarious. lol

It does change the event slightly, all it does is make it so that the male MC cheers from the sidelines while female MC actually becomes an idol alongside the heroine of the game.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Alas, even SRW falls victim to my procrastination and schedule shuffling.

You're not alone in this.😆

And yeah, I see, I getcha then the release order it is then!

Come on, man, don't delay GC any further!

Oh I'm totally looking forward to it, for a number of reasons.😃

Just, I feel like I should space things so I don't suddenly find myself with no fresh SRWs to play. And to keep the magic of the franchise as whole from getting exhausted.

In addition, looking over, I feel I can also play more efficiently. I once thought I would need to do three playthroughs of V in order to get everything (as one route split is three-way)... but looking over, I could just do two routes in the same playthrough. Save at the split, do one route, then reload and do the second one. It was all for the sake of Encyclopedia completion, but I'm pretty sure it all gets registered already without needing to clear the playthrough, so I can save up a full playthrough by just doing that. One of the routes of that three-split has no secrets to unlock, so nothing is lost by doing the route for Encyclopedia purposes, then reload and take another route. Unless somehow I'd need to play to the end after doing one route because only X thing shows up like 10 maps after I take it, but if that were the case... well, I guess I could live with it.

And of course, removing a playthrough means also changing the order I'd play the games so I wouldn't do the same game back-to-back as I fill up the Encyclopedia. So yeah.

A triple-split huh? That throws a wrench in things indeed. I won't blame ya for doing a save & reload.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Aw yeah, the Yamato rises!

Battleships have been a mixed bag in SRW across the franchise, I gather. I do hope the eponymous vessel from the famed Japanese space opera is of power at least on par with J's broken incarnation of Nadesico.🚢

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I find it a bit amusing how V does the inverse of what SRW does with UC Gundam. Instead of merging multiple events happening at the same time (well, V still does this), it also has the events of F91 and Crossbone happen 100 years after Char's Counterattack. In actual canon it was only like about 30 years, not a hundred!

Thanks for the info.

And this reminds me, I think I was glimpsing a playthrough of 2G, one of the comments mentioned that, supposedly, Uso was at some point planned to be Char's grandson.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, had to finally put a stop to using my Switch. Only reached to halfway chapter 2, fighting against Jupiter Empire mooks and Tobia shows up to help. I find it curious how Crossbone Gundam was a mainstay of the trilogy. Considering how Alpha 2 is the only other time it shows up, I guess it makes Crossbone part of VTX's identity. Kinda like Might Gaine too, come to think of it.

The licensing agreement lasted all three games? Regardless, sounds wonderful at after such a loooooong hiatus with just a single prior appearance even then.😀

Also, being a manga in origin, not an anime/ova/movie, that sounds rather different. Like, you can see the classic RX-79 Gundam in motion in the source material, not so much for anything from Crossbone I take it. I imagine that it was neat at the time when Alpha 2 came about?

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Go ahead and have everyone take a run at the arena at the start of every chapter. Maybe they can make a pit stop and try again later mid-chapter if they lost initially and have gotten stronger. The arena is a great source of EXP and Gold for everyone who can win in it.

Also, when entering the arena, do nothing and wait a half-minute.😉

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It does change the event slightly, all it does is make it so that the male MC cheers from the sidelines while female MC actually becomes an idol alongside the heroine of the game.

-No room for a male idol? Just cast a spell that makes them totally gay during the time on the stage.😛 The possessive incels couldn't possibly get angry at that. Actually they totally could, if already they're so hateful of pixels for stealing their pixels.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh I'm totally looking forward to it, for a number of reasons.😃

Just, I feel like I should space things so I don't suddenly find myself with no fresh SRWs to play. And to keep the magic of the franchise as whole from getting exhausted.

Ah, yeah, then that's not a bad idea then.

A triple-split , that throws a wrench in things indeed. I won't blame ya for doing a save & reload.

Well, as I said, since one route split has nothing that needs continuation later in the game, then I can save and reload without much issue.

Battleships have been a mixed bag in SRW across the franchise, I gather. I do hope the eponymous vessel from the famed Japanese space opera is of power at least on par with J's broken incarnation of Nadesico.🚢

Oh, it's broken alright. Right off the bat Captain Okita comes a bit overleveled. Yamato also has three sub-pilots (which come at a more reasonable level, unlike the captain), so you can expect a large spirit pool later on. The tricky thing would be to avoid overusing it too much to the detriment of other units!

Thanks for the info.

And this reminds me, I think I was glimpsing a playthrough of 2G, one of the comments mentioned that, supposedly, Uso was at some point planned to be Char's grandson.

I think I've also mentioned it. It was indeed planned originally. Uso's mother's maiden name is Miguel, the same as that of Nanai Miguel, who was Char's sorta-pseudo lover in Char's Counterattack. So the implication was that Char got her pregnant before he went MIA during the Axis Shock. Since the idea got scrapped, then Uso's mother and Nanai having the same surname is simply a coincidence... or is it? Definitely just the stuff of headcanon now, as it were.

The licensing agreement lasted all three games? Regardless, sounds wonderful at after such a loooooong hiatus with just a single prior appearance even then.

Also, being a manga in origin, not an anime/ova/movie, that sounds rather different. Like, you can see the classic RX-79 Gundam in motion in the source material, not so much for anything from Crossbone I take it. I take it that was neat at the time when Alpha 2 came about?

Sounds like it!

From what I recall, yes. It was the first time something that was manga-only made it to SRW (though not non-animated, since the novel-only Gundam Sentinel had already showed up in SRW 4), so it was mind-blowing. Considering it signaled that other manga-only properties were now open to appear. I don't remember if any previous Gundam video game had already used Crossbone, but for SRW it was the first time.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No room for a male idol? Just cast a spell that makes them totally gay during the time on the stage.😛 The possessive incels couldn't possibly get angry at that. Actually they totally could, if already they're so hateful of pixels for stealing their pixels.

Found out that the Bang Dream devs created a male idol unit to co-exist in universe. The backlash was so severe that male idol unit was forced to be it's own independent game, separate from Bang Dream.

This idol shit is serious.

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, it's broken alright. Right off the bat Captain Okita comes a bit overleveled. Yamato also has three sub-pilots (which come at a more reasonable level, unlike the captain), so you can expect a large spirit pool later on. The tricky thing would be to avoid overusing it too much to the detriment of other units!

Sounds good to me!

Plus, being a battleship captain assures plenty of dialogue. I know you already said sometime before that even Bright Slappin' Noa The SRW Captain of Captains yields his authority to Okita. An extra helping of Yamato command in the narrative then!

21 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think I've also mentioned it. It was indeed planned originally. Uso's mother's maiden name is Miguel, the same as that of Nanai Miguel, who was Char's sorta-pseudo lover in Char's Counterattack. So the implication was that Char got her pregnant before he went MIA during the Axis Shock. Since the idea got scrapped, then Uso's mother and Nanai having the same surname is simply a coincidence... or is it? Definitely just the stuff of headcanon now, as it were.

Sorry for having forgotten if you did.😅 And thank you for the full explanation!😃

Considering the fame of Char, it wouldn't surprise me if a Gundam prequel set during the Paleo-Neolithic transition featured one of Char's ancestors (obviously a big proponent of new stone tools). I can see why they considered that for Uso -and why some people might've loathed it if the future of UC Gundam had devolved into The Genealogy of Aznable (and or Amuro), to put it in the worst light possible.

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Found out that the Bang Dream devs created a male idol unit to co-exist in universe. The backlash was so severe that male idol unit was forced to be it's own independent game, separate from Bang Dream.

I take it that's supposed to be read as Ban(d)g(irl) Dream? Because otherwise...

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Where there are rainbows and sunshine, and happiness and innocence, expect humanity to ruin it.😑

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I take it that's supposed to be read as Ban(d)g(irl) Dream? Because otherwise...

Yeah the abbreviated version is Bandori.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sounds good to me!

Plus, being a battleship captain assures plenty of dialogue. I know you already said sometime before that even Bright Slappin' Noa The SRW Captain of Captains yields his authority to Okita. An extra helping of Yamato command in the narrative then!

Yeah, V puts the Yamato and its plot front and center. Partly since it's a debut series (X would do the same to Wataru, for example), and part since... yeah, the Yamato is popular. Way popular.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sorry for having forgotten if you did.😅 And thank you for the full explanation!😃

Considering the fame of Char, it wouldn't surprise me if a Gundam prequel set during the Paleo-Neolithic transition featured one of Char's ancestors (obviously a big proponent of new stone tools). I can see why they considered that for Uso -and why some people might've loathed it if the future of UC Gundam had devolved into The Genealogy of Aznable (and or Amuro), to put it in the worst light possible.

I got reminded that the movie does, in fact, have a scene implying that Char and Nanai had sex. Nothing is shown of course, but the scene in question is that of Char waking up from his bed... and showing a sleeping Nanai right next to him. So they were definitely setting up the possibility. The novelization would do the same with Amuro, as it had at the end Beltorchika revealed to be pregnant with Amuro's child too.

Well, I don't know if the idea was scrapped because of that, but I think there is some merit to the idea that they were moving on from Char and Amuro's legacy for sure. F91/Crossbone/Victory also moved on from having Zeon involved in the plot, to boot.

So, there I am, looking at the heights of the Engage characters for writing research purposes, when suddenly...

> Yunaka 164cm and Chloé 167cm according to Japanese version

> Yunaka and Chloé both 5'5'' according to English version

Confused guy meme" Photographic Print for Sale by Carou | Redbubble

Who was in charge of doing those conversions!?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

From here on, Djinn's Wish is dependent on your Kudos. The higher it is, the more likely it happens, until the likelyhood is 100%

Oh Encore!

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Pft, they actually give you the option to switch mid-game? XD

Even ReLink will have the option

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

No room for a male idol?

Kpop

Not that Japan doesn't have it's male idol groups, but it's more female focused, while Korea is more male focused

It's just as bad there, if not even worse. Just reverse the gender of the idols and the fans

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Worst thing to come out of Japan and Korea

And western fans are starting to learn from it 😭

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

innocence

This

This is one of the biggest problems about idol culture.

They don't just sell music/Performance.

They sell innocence & purity. An image of a perfect pure being. Something inhuman.

Almost like a religion

It's complete and utter bullshit.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Who was in charge of doing those conversions!?

I mean

Engage translation

8 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Quan, Eldigan, and Sigurd were always together back in the day...

Also fun fact Eltosian is an old and defunct translation of Eldigan's name.

9 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Alright. Each chapter has a set gauntlet of 7 enemies to face in the Arena for all units, with alternate weapons (and in the case of Swordies) or foes for units that are using bows. If a unit win against one of those foes their HP is set to full, they get 500x(Round+1) gold added to their personal supply of money, they gain experience for the win, and they get access to the next round until the 7th is cleared. You can press B during an arena fight to go back to the menu, to change weapon mid battle, or quit out early. If they lose, they have their HP dropped to 1. Note that arena battles do expend weapon uses. You should try to get each of your units as far in the Arena as you can, as it is a vital source of money to repair, or purchase weapons, not to mention experience.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J065.png

Okay I didn't expect those guys on the right to move, that might be a problem.

Oh wow, you aggroed Ayra with her? That sounds bloody. I guess I can see it as a little surprising, but aggroing Ayra is vital to recruiting her.

Its usually better to think of seizing a castle as the rough equivalent of a chapter in other Fire Emblem games. There are only 12 full chapter in this game...

10 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Generic soldiers are the best.

Here we go! Will you ship Siggy with Eldie, or with Qu...an? Bets are open!

Step 1: Throw someone at the arena.

Step 2: Keep doing it until they beat every oponent.

Optional: Hold the emulator speed-up button until the arena is over or the key breaks.

Step 3: Profit.

Rinse and repeat every chapter, and you've got yourself a game mechanic.

...No, really, it's that stupid. You can't die in the arena, turns don't pass while using the arena and you don't bet gold, so the only thing that you spend is weapon uses. And broken weapons can be used to fight (poorly), so the optimal thing to do is to not even bother repairing your weapon, just throw your unit in there until they win. Then do the same with all the other units, if you can endure the crushing exercise in boredom that is this mechanic.

As well you should. It is foolish to treat this game's chapters like regular FE chapters. I'd say it'd be more appropriate to treat each castle conquest as one regular FE chapter.

Edited by Saint Rubenio