• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

They're just big Mazinger Z fans. The Z is pronounced as Zet! Not quite Zed, but close enough.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

And Nuclear fusion > all, ofc, because nuclear solves everything!

Blue Cosmos welcomes you my friend!☢️🚀

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Tbh

Aside from villains being your typical cult-kun, i am on board with this?

No no no.

You see, the villains buy into the sometimes-used-in-fiction notion that Homo Sapiens Should Cease To Sail The Sea Of Stars. Our species shall unravel (those who embrace the idea would positively spin it into "evolve) into many, our divergence shall destroy our shared humanity, and in the process we shall harbor no guilt towards destroying each other, leaving not a trace behind.

We must return to Earth, we must keep to our little blue sphere, our birthplace. For all the tragedies we have wrought upon ourselves there, it will be even worse, irreparable, once we have irreparably splintered in the vastness of space. Without a moment's hesitation, our descendants if allowed to roam, shall obliterate the galaxies of each other's as if they were crushing ants between their fingers.

You must see this Shrimpy. Let us abandon our dangerous puerile fantasies. We must go back home.😑😑😑

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Really???????

Bruh i never noticed xD

Well the UK is a stone's throw away from you so that doesn't surprise me. And this is only for the individual letter itself too. It's more surprising that Canada does the "zed" given they're right on top of us. Canadians complain about being seen as "America 2" but they still got the Britishisms going on.

But everything else is usually "the British did it first". M/D/Y? The British. Imperial system? The British. Certain spellings and phrases? The British. Soccer? The British.

The real reason America hasn't fully transitioned into the metric system is because the moment they do, the UK will be like "well you see, metric's actually a primitive form of measurement, so from now on we'll be measuring things in calories".

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

ou see, the villains buy into the sometimes-used-in-fiction notion that Homo Sapiens Should Cease To Sail The Sea Of Stars. Our species shall unravel (those who embrace the idea would positively spin it into "evolve) into many, our divergence shall destroy our shared humanity, and in the process we shall harbor no guilt towards destroying each other, leaving not a trace behind.

We must return to Earth, we must keep to our little blue sphere, our birthplace. For all the tragedies we have wrought upon ourselves there, it will be even worse, irreparable, once we have irreparably splintered in the vastness of space. Without a moment's hesitation, our descendants if allowed to roam, shall obliterate the galaxies of each other's as if they were crushing ants between their fingers.

Sounds pretty cult-y to me tbh

Let us abandon our dangerous puerile fantasies. We must go back home.😑😑😑

*looks at earth in 2024*

You sure about this?

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The real reason America hasn't fully transitioned into the metric system is because the moment they do, the UK will be like "well you see, metric's actually a primitive form of measurement, so from now on we'll be measuring things in calories".

You guys are holding us back from evolving smh

Blue Cosmos welcomes you my friend!☢️🚀

No no no.

You see, the villains buy into the sometimes-used-in-fiction notion that Homo Sapiens Should Cease To Sail The Sea Of Stars. Our species shall unravel (those who embrace the idea would positively spin it into "evolve) into many, our divergence shall destroy our shared humanity, and in the process we shall harbor no guilt towards destroying each other, leaving not a trace behind.

You must see this Shrimpy. Let us abandon our dangerous puerile fantasies. We must go back home.😑😑😑

Are you saying... they're shackled by the gravity well?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Well the UK is a stone's throw away from you so that doesn't surprise me. And this is only for the individual letter itself too. It's more surprising that Canada does the "zed" given they're right on top of us. Canadians complain about being seen as "America 2" but they still got the Britishisms going on.

I think that's the point. The Canada identity was born pretty much out of "We're not like you, we're still loyal to Great Britain". Just ask the War of 1812.

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- ok correction, "zed" always originated in Britain and the American South actually used it for a time. But the first American Dictionary, published by Noah Webster, pronounced it "zee" and Americans went "well i guess it's that then". So it's a case where the British did it first but kept doing it and we just diverged. 

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Sounds pretty cult-y to me tbh

...I think I started hypnotizing myself.😅

Maybe writing/speaking all that in a monotonous tone in my head wasn't such a good idea.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Are you saying... they're shackled by the gravity well?

I swear I did not have UCG in mind while writing that.😆

The one thing I was consciously thinking about was this one anti-space-travel religion in Infinite Space. Albeit it was generally very peaceful and had little to do with the justification stuff I just came up with, I can't even remember why the heroes invade their little corner of the universe late in the game.

-Although, in the above case I invented, gravity well good. Earth = shared humanity. Venturing into space = loss of humanity = loss of understanding. Opposite of Char's philosophy.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- ok correction, "zed" always originated in Britain and the American South actually used it for a time. But the first American Dictionary, published by Noah Webster, pronounced it "zee" and Americans went "well i guess it's that then". So it's a case where the British did it first but kept doing it and we just diverged. 

I see.

Thanks for the little history lessons!

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think I started hypnotizing myself.😅

Maybe writing/speaking all that in a monotonous tone in my head wasn't such a good idea.

You'd make a great cult leader!

Shame that Princess Sara isn't in the party for long.

Also, I've always thought a curious decision to delay granting the Wind Crystal jobs until after the Djinn.

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Thanks for the little history lessons!

Here's another one that I think is pretty neat: the American school bus is statistically the safest land vehicle. Buses are already safer than cars but what makes school buses in particular safe is that it's impossible to confuse them for anything else. The specific shade of yellow on them can only legally be used on school buses, no other form of transportation is allowed to have that color. The stop signs they carry override traffic lights, hell they kinda override emergency services too. An ambulance or firetruck comes across a school bus with the lights on and stop signs deployed, they legally can't pass it. But the bus driver also can't legally prevent them from passing so he has to stop the students from getting on/off the bus, turn off the lights and close the stop signs. Only then can the emergency vehicle pass.

If you buy a decommissioned school bus, you are legally required to paint it a different color before you can use it.

Looking into it further, other countries do have specific school buses but the yellow isn't always a requirement, not do they have the highest traffic priority. Seems that it's usually reserved for students who just don't have access to public transit in the first place. Or field trips.

Now that I looked up how Job Leveling up works, I feel I can finally play better than how I did the first time around. Heck, Luneth's Freelancer level was already 20 by the time I beat the Djinn.

As far as party set-up goes, I'm going with Monk, Red Mage, Thief, and Warrior. It is a bit too physically-focused, and I know there will be a Mini dungeon coming up soon. Well, I can always swap when appropiate.

Okay, gonna grind a few Job Levels. Thank goodness for the first floor of Altair Cave to only have weak Goblins to do this efficiently. Though it's already late, so I'll continue tomorrow.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J067.png

Like literally North of this village in the map? Because that sounds like something this game would do.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J068.png

After much hardship and skill (reloading saves a dozen times) I managed to clear the way without getting the little guy killed.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J072.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J073.png

Also I completely skipped Genoa  just so I could rush to that village before it got burned. Ehhh... Something tells me sieging this castle now will kickstart another wave of enemies from the north so I'll be back in 2 shakes.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J076.png

"She had a unique portrait and everything..."

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J077.png

Uh... shouldn't we-... *scratches head* if he's the fucking prince shouldn't we take him hostage to force a peace treaty with Issac? Like I'm just saying...

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J078.png

I don't know enough about Italian history to make a joke about this one. There's a joke here somewhere though I'm sure.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J079.png

So now that we have the kid you'll stop attacking us right?

...Right?

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J080.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J081.png

Oh no.

Ahah, okay. Let me just reload my save and take the castle while making sure none of my units are in range. Surely Sigurd will be able to survive after he sieges-

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J082.png

Oh no...

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J083.png

Oh thank god, she's ginger now.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J084.png

I'm sure Arden will be able to hold off those guys just fine.

13 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J076.png

"She had a unique portrait and everything..."

"Usually it's the other way around!"

Uh... shouldn't we-... *scratches head* if he's the fucking prince shouldn't we take him hostage to force a peace treaty with Issac? Like I'm just saying...

Hold on to that thought.

I don't know enough about Italian history to make a joke about this one. There's a joke here somewhere though I'm sure.

The funny thing, Kaga said he based Verdane on "barbarian nations", then brings "Persia as seen by the Greeks" as an example. Or at least, that's the insinuation the translator gave, since Kaga only said Persia. Verdane itself as a name may be based on Verdun, but Evans and Marpha don't seem to have any actual real world inspiration for their names. Well, Evans is a surname, and Murphy is another.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J079.png

So now that we have the kid you'll stop attacking us right?

...Right?

Fun fact. If you kill the boss, sieze, but don't talk to her, Ayra will actually take the castle for herself. Unfortunately, this means you have to kill her since you still need the castle under your control. Our heroes.

Well, you'll see...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Pft, man, the Antarctic Wind is that strong when proccing a weakness!? I ended up one-rounding the Djinn!

I recall the consumable attack items still being good later in the game with Scholar, by which point a Thief ought to be able to load up on them by stealing.

-Probably still not as strong as Summoner though, or maybe Magus.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Marpha don't seem to have any actual real world inspiration for their names.

A longshot, but this popped in my head, Mafra? -The "r" is in the wrong place though.

8 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

You just bankrupted Spain? Genoese bankers were responsible for managing the Spanish Empire's debt. (And Genoa is also where that "sail west to Asia" guy came from.)

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Oh no...

Alec is usually the guy to lure her away because he has Nihil to prevent Astra from triggering.

Although he needs +1 HP from his base to survive getting doubled by her. But with a 70% growth and plenty of opportunity to gain levels, the odds are very much in his favor here. And of course gaining defense would also do the trick.

Nihil is also a bit more complicated than it might seem. It will stop Astra, yes. But it won't stop Pursuit. It won't stop Adept either.
It only prevents Astra, Luna, Sol and the many forms of Critical. Including Wrath.
It also prevents you from taking effective damage. Since effective damage works by guaranteeing a critical hit.

Edited by BrightBow

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I recall the consumable attack items still being good later in the game with Scholar, by which point a Thief ought to be able to load up on them by stealing.

-Probably still not as strong as Summoner though, or maybe Magus.

A longshot, but this popped in my head, Mafra? -The "r" is in the wrong place though.

I suppose that's a strategy I might be willing to try out.

Heard Geomancer is also a good option, specially in the world of darkness due to the high chance of proccing Shadowflare.

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You just bankrupted Spain? Genoese bankers were responsible for managing the Spanish Empire's debt. (And Genoa is also where that "sail west to Asia" guy came from.)

Reminds me of a joke from a TV show.

"Two cities fight over his origins. Genoa says he's from Venice and Venice says he's from Genoa."

14 hours ago, Armagon said:

It's so peak

I must say, I tried to watch this and it's like... Maybe it was just episode 1, but outside of the meme moments it was oddly boring? There was nothing happening, but also nothing all that entertaining for most of the first episode and after that I just didn't really feel like watching anymore.

13 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

knJzK9H.jpg

You have humanity's records and you decided on a Kingdom of all things? SMH

Obviously, it realizes by establishing a kingdom, it gets to be the head honcho as ordained by the divine authorities. If it establishes something else, it doesn't get quite as much power.

12 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

12 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

*Steals the theocracy and changes in to Shrimpacy*

God speaks to me and not you!

Okay, maybe God actually speaks you. But, as He is still on my side regardless, I am appointing an Antishrimp who also speaks to God, because it's what He wants!

Guys, guys!

Who is the saint here, again?

Berwickocracy is the way of the future.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Here's another one that I think is pretty neat: the American school bus is statistically the safest land vehicle. Buses are already safer than cars but what makes school buses in particular safe is that it's impossible to confuse them for anything else. The specific shade of yellow on them can only legally be used on school buses, no other form of transportation is allowed to have that color. The stop signs they carry override traffic lights, hell they kinda override emergency services too. An ambulance or firetruck comes across a school bus with the lights on and stop signs deployed, they legally can't pass it. But the bus driver also can't legally prevent them from passing so he has to stop the students from getting on/off the bus, turn off the lights and close the stop signs. Only then can the emergency vehicle pass.

If you buy a decommissioned school bus, you are legally required to paint it a different color before you can use it.

Looking into it further, other countries do have specific school buses but the yellow isn't always a requirement, not do they have the highest traffic priority. Seems that it's usually reserved for students who just don't have access to public transit in the first place. Or field trips.

Look at that, something America does right. In regards to traffic, no less! Incredible, incredible.

No. We are the good guys. Honor! Honor!

Surely Sigurd will be able to survive after he sieges-

Oh no...

Ah yes, the good ol' "sigurd is invinicible and can solo FE4" claim that every single FE4 player likes to make.

I threw him at the chunk of enemies around the first castle in the game. He narrowly avoided death by getting a lucky dodge. Every time I tried to have him go on solo missions, he died horribly and I needed to send the team to back him up.

I'll never understand it.

You doubt Arden? Foolish... Arden is Jugdral's most legendary champion!

56 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nooooooooooooo my moneeeeeeeeeeeey...

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I must say, I tried to watch this and it's like... Maybe it was just episode 1, but outside of the meme moments it was oddly boring? There was nothing happening, but also nothing all that entertaining for most of the first episode and after that I just didn't really feel like watching anymore.

Don’t give up Rubenio!! 

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Heard Geomancer is also a good option, specially in the world of darkness due to the high chance of proccing Shadowflare.

Swapping a Black Mage for a Geomancer when it becomes available is a good idea. Sure you might occasionally get a useless instakill spell against a boss (the water fiend comes to mind), but MP-free magic is pretty nice.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yes, the good ol' "sigurd is invinicible and can solo FE4" claim that every single FE4 player likes to make.

I threw him at the chunk of enemies around the first castle in the game. He narrowly avoided death by getting a lucky dodge. Every time I tried to have him go on solo missions, he died horribly and I needed to send the team to back him up.

I'll never understand it.

I'll agree with you on this. Siggy strong yes, invincible, no.

...Speaking of invincible stuff, I just booted up BS again, moved on to Chapter 11. Now I see what you meant. I was taken aback on first sight, only to read through to the sweet mercy of good old Jeorgian/Vaidan AI. They should've given him something exclusive the Collector wants. Though I'm still breathing heavily, because, as I've said before, I don't trust Berwick maps.😬 Looking reasonable at a glance can still mean plenty o' reloads. If you find these relaxing, I take it you sleep on a bed of hot glass shards with a blanket of living fire ants and a pillow of solid nitrogen (freezing point -210C).

BTW, where's the hunter guy hiding? I don't feel like aimlessly probing around for him.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

you guys do have some good protection laws every once in a while

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The claim is not unfounded. Sigurd can solo gen 1 with little to no effort. Only some bosses present danger to him

Alot of players (including me) have that experience.

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'll never understand it

Excelblem just finished a FE4 playthrough. All of Gen 1 was basically "Sigurd go brrr"

9 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I managed to clear the way without getting the little guy killed.

I should now bring up that similarly to Radiant Dawn, this isn't a game you really want to ironman your first time. It's more forgiving, there is a resurrection staff with theoretically infinite uses and you will still get the kids in Gen 2 anyways if a parent dies. But the Gen 2 substitute units are always worse than the normal ones because they don't get to inherit everything. There is one exception, one of the subs is the cousin of the intended recruitable so she gets similar bonuses but.

There's also one character whose death will stop you from recruiting a Gen 2 unit. So basically, keep everyone alive. You get battle saves, you really shouldn't be losing anyone anyways (even though Radiant Dawn also had battle saves but you still went ahead with some deaths iirc).

58 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

threw him at the chunk of enemies around the first castle in the game. He narrowly avoided death by getting a lucky dodge. Every time I tried to have him go on solo missions, he died horribly and I needed to send the team to back him up.

Sounds like my first Hector.

6 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Only some bosses present danger to him

One of those being Ayra. She can be particularly dangerous to face, especially because you aren't supposed to kill her.

Of course, once recruited, she becomes an infantry unit and kinda falls off. She's good for now tho.