MisterIceTeaPeach

5G6RtKY.jpg

imagine being weighted down by the slim lance ooof

tbf she does have 10% bld growth, but eh

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

There just isn't another name for it I think

I meant the whole chaos thing - that's 1 v 1 what Sumeragi used in GV1

The haiku she says right before is also a thing.

L4OJ917.png

indeed lol

"He has no interest in invading Verdane" *proceeds to basically annex Verdane*

Conquering a continent in self defense, you love to see it

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

5G6RtKY.jpg

Was gonna ask, but then I remembered you're playing a RR mod, right?

Haha, Ryoma gets all defensive and in denial once it's all over... but overall, the whole thing has worked. Kodai and him have reached an understanding, and the team is capable of working better together now.

And that's it for the unlockable-for-now DLC stages. I think I'll finally put a stop here, and resume tomorrow.

33 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J086.png

Oh finally someone acknowledges the logistical cost of war in this series.

I stole his name for a reason 😛

34 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J090.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J091.png

I mean you could also take this remarkable opportunity and ascend the throne yourself, I'm sure the boyars back in Issac would buy the "A child is unfit to rule and I'm literally his aunt" reasoning. Would certainly die down the succession crisis that's going to happen upon your return.

Shanan is Ayra's nephew (remember in an earlier scene Shanan called Ayra his aunt), Ayra's brother (and Shanan's father) ascended the throne after their father's death.

36 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J096.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J097.png

Behind every great king is a guy in robes whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

You need someone to be the fall guy, hence of the tales about the vizier being evil, but definitely not the ruler being evil...

36 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J101.png

Holy shit each castle has its own thing? I completely did that by accident I seriously thought it had to only be the deployment castle.

You can't linger within them like you can with the starting castle, and it has all the same stuff as the starting castle, but it is a nice thing to visit if you need some repairs, or sell your equipment to an ally, or something mid map.

37 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J102.png

Folks welcome to the Ethlyn arena where her and her slim sword do only 3 points of damage to this armor guy per hit.

Yeah, there are some arena battles that can take a while. Fun fact, if you are playing on a version without the project Naga translation patch, an exceptionally long battle like this can cause an interesting bug. If the battle went on too long, the list of RNG the game sets up by the game before a battle would run dry, the game had a way of dealing with that for the basic parts of the battle, but if you leveled up you wouldn't have the RNs left to gain any stats, and even stats that have growth rates above 100 wouldn't gain even the single point that is certain. You could avoid the consequence of this glitch by using the B button just before the battle would end to access the menu section, and chose to continue instead of quit, which would reset the RNG list.

37 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J105.png

Bravo, thou shalt not kill thy own sister.

On the other hand, Sigurd has already rescued her, and is actively still invading Verdane...

39 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J106.png

Jesus, I knew skills were weird but I didn't expect Midir to shoot 5 consecutive times.

Oh boy, he must have proced...actually I don't remember what translation of the name is in vogue, charge? Accost?

Its an odd skill, requiring the user have over 25 health, with a proc rate based on current health, and how much faster than your foe you are,  and it will not proc more than 19 times (...I think, it cutting off like that might be related to a bug relate to the RNG string running out that the translation parch fixes, and seeing more than 5 procs is astronomically unlikely) in a single battle, as it is causing an extra rounds of battle to occur with each proc, so if this foe could counter, it would have the opportunity to do so with each extra round.

40 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J107.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J108.png

I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Fun fact, there is alternate dialogue if you managed to kill Sandima before Sigurd triggers her recruitment, and tells you some interesting information about herself. In case you are curious I dug up a video from a commentated Youtube LP that shows it in the spoiler box below

Spoiler

In case my starting time didn't work right, the convo starts around 25:54.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J109.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J110.png

I love how Lex isn't surprised by random lady arising from the lake with two axes in hand.

I see you took my advise about the Secret Events. It is a classic allusion to one of Aesop's fables honest woodcutter.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J111.png

The silence staff bringing a very abrupt silence to the epic battle music made me chuckle. I think every silence staff in these games should do that.

That really is a fun touch about the staff.

41 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J114.png

God, dark magic animations were so hard nerfed when the jump to 3D animation happened.

The Jugdral magics really do go all out on the animations.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh? Jamke has no sister. Or is that a pun since Edain is a Cleric/Sister?

I think its a joke about Fate's Xander...

Oh yeah, word of warning. Arena duels only load so many RN's. So if the battle lasts too long, and the unit levels up... they gain nothing, because there's no numbers to check if it procs the growths.

I am fairly certain that is one of the bugs the project Naga translation patch fixes. From what I remember they also fixed the bugs related to certain things not being updated until you reload a save (not a save state, and actual in game save), so no more worrying about the dancer event freezing the game, and you don't need to load a save to give Seliph the leadership stars he should (instead of having Sigurd's until). I am not sure about the jealousy priority list updating as well, I think it is, but I don't remember if they specified in any of the patch notes like the other two, but it is the same type of bug...

Maybe he has read about it before. Surely Lex ain't her first customer anyway, considering how many axe users live in Verdane.

Thracia 776 implies there is at least one more recipient, although it is doubtful it came from the same lake...

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

5G6RtKY.jpg

You've got to train her, this is an ironman and her personal reduces enemy crit chances!

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I think its a joke about Fate's Xander...

Ah, I see.

I am fairly certain that is one of the bugs the project Naga translation patch fixes. From what I remember they also fixed the bugs related to certain things not being updated until you reload a save (not a save state, and actual in game save), so no more worrying about the dancer event freezing the game, and you don't need to load a save to give Seliph the leadership stars he should (instead of having Sigurd's until). I am not sure about the jealousy priority list updating as well, I think it is, but I don't remember if they specified in any of the patch notes like the other two, but it is the same type of bug...

Well, that's good to know.

Thracia 776 implies there is at least one more recipient, although it is doubtful it came from the same lake...

Can still be the same mysterious lady.

Maybe she is from some kind of hidden world and can access Jugdral through large bodies of water...

Heroes may have referenced it by having Azura show up from lakes and offering axes, but Kaga still did it first!

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now I'm thinking about Raquel (Tear Ring Saga) and her whole "leaves human enemies at 1 HP, misses if they're already at that" issue. (Not like it stops her from being one awesome sniper.)😆

Raquel is so cool and having mercy not only doesn't stop her from being awesome, it is part of what makes her awesome. Since she joins early enough that a Jeigan that can never kill enemies is perfect for training, and her power is massive enough that she will leave those enemies at 1 HP, and she has Paragon so she can still keep up in terms of experience, her mercy ends up giving her unique utility as opposed to... being completely useless as it is for Elincia.

7 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J086.png

Oh finally someone acknowledges the logistical cost of war in this series.

He does seem like a pretty intelligent, reasonable guy, doesn't he?

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J090.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J091.png

I mean you could also take this remarkable opportunity and ascend the throne yourself, I'm sure the boyars back in Issac would buy the "A child is unfit to rule and I'm literally his aunt" reasoning. Would certainly die down the succession crisis that's going to happen upon your return.

Yes, but Kaga is a filthy traditional monarchist, so no. Male must throne and you're going to like it.

There's something very funny about Sigurd scaring off a creep for a girl just to then become the creep himself once he notices how attractive she is.

Some would call that a cute romance. Though that amount of people has shrunk with time. Most people nowadays can see that this is absolute bollocks, but we need a plot device.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J097.png

Behind every great king is a guy in robes whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

That guy has my favorite portrait in the game. This game's portrait artstyle is my second least favorite in the series (behind FE3), but that guy is great. Look at him! He looks like a pineapple!

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J109.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J110.png

I love how Lex isn't surprised by random lady arising from the lake with two axes in hand.

I mean, this is a universe in which magic exists. He watches people shoot fire out of their hands every other day, this isn't really all that.

Incidentally, Kaga really liked this "fairy arises from a body of water and asks if you dropped a thing as a test of honesty" thing. He did it again in both Vestarias. Funnily enough, in VS2 the fairy just believes you and gives you the shitty thing if you tell her it's what you dropped.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J111.png

The silence staff bringing a very abrupt silence to the epic battle music made me chuckle. I think every silence staff in these games should do that.

And it did, until like... Tellius? But yeah, in the classic games it always did it. GBAFE, too. Guess you must've never gotten silenced - FE8 doesn't have much in the way of status staves, to be fair.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J114.png

God, dark magic animations were so hard nerfed when the jump to 3D animation happened.

Look at this.

Berwick_Saga_-_Tear_Ring_Saga_Series_SLPS-25497_20240107125616_2.png?ex=65ad0692&is=659a9192&hm=9028cb41da86240866624d37ba95c8f5daf27c8c163b0dc0da517b7b205f6fc1&

This is how cool FE dark magic could've looked if it hadn't shot itself in the foot by going 3D at Tellius.

Wow_look_its_a_castlevania_boss.gif?ex=6

(Here's a gif of it in motion, for curiosity's sake)

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

5G6RtKY.jpg

Holy shit she's godawful in this...

Edited by Saint Rubenio

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

5G6RtKY.jpg

One of Engage's stranger decisions:
"hey, does anyone remember BLD from Thracia? Well, let's bring it back in Engage, Growth and all."

*other devs* "Sure, why not?" XD

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"fairy arises from a body of water and asks if you dropped a thing as a test of honesty"

But isn't the lady in that image Levin's mother? (of course i know the portrait is just reused, but funny to imagine) XD

3 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

One of Engage's stranger decisions:
"hey, does anyone remember BLD from Thracia? Well, let's bring it back in Engage, Growth and all."

*other devs* "Sure, why not?" XD

With one difference: There is no way to increase the build growth, and there is no build statbooster. The only way to raise build that the player has control over is Leif, and Leif is an active liability because... Well, he sucks, and inheriting Build+ takes up a precious slot that could go to a more proactively useful skill. Couple this with far less lenient speed thresholds, and you have a sizeable, unavoidable disadvantage for low build units.

3 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

But isn't the lady in that image Levin's mother? (of course i know the portrait is just reused, but funny to imagine) XD

She was just out for a swim. A swim that took her across the continent. She's just that good at swimming.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

With one difference: There is no way to increase the build growth, and there is no build statbooster. The only way to raise build that the player has control over is Leif, and Leif is an active liability because... Well, he sucks, and inheriting Build+ takes up a precious slot that could go to a more proactively useful skill. Couple this with far less lenient speed thresholds, and you have a sizeable, unavoidable disadvantage for low build units.

She was just out for a swim. A swim that took her across the continent. She's just that good at swimming.

Strange, i had basically every character max build (the ones i used at least)

I can't ever see that scene the same any longer. XD

7 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

You've got to train her, this is an ironman and her personal reduces enemy crit chances!

considering i just played a map full of low% crits....

34 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

...how?

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

ith one difference: There is no way to increase the build growth, and there is no build statbooster. The only way to raise build that the player has control over is Leif, and Leif is an active liability because... Well, he sucks, and inheriting Build+ takes up a precious slot that could go to a more proactively useful skill. Couple this with far less lenient speed thresholds, and you have a sizeable, unavoidable disadvantage for low build units

my guess is that they tried to balance no durability with it - to varying results. It honestly only works because Engage is really tight with it's resources and it becomes a game of how to equip your characters with the limited weapons and engraves/forges you have

If you ask me, i still prefer Fates' method - except forging, here it's better

RF5 is mostly-complete, Ys I reached an abrupt end, the unfrozen BS quickly went back into cryostasis (I won’t say I gave up on it). I’ve room for other things now, but what, exactly?

• I was thinking resuming TriStrat, haven't used my Switch in a few months, and now I'd want this done before moving on to that (it had been Berwick that supposed to be the limiter, but that has now been changed). I should've stop probably, maybe, when the slow opening was coming to a close?
  • I had been thinking about XC3 last month, but now... not for a few days. I must coat myself in the dirt of the two Michtams, moisten my earthen self with the waters of Eryth, embed my surface with the seeds of Gormott, and then bask in the sun of Oblivia along its great river until they geminate. I'm having, perhaps irrational, fears the latest XC which almost everyone loves, will somehow end up falling short for me (and Future Redeemed much later down the line bringing back old characters makes me even more worried about them getting botched).
  • Ys II will be held off for now. I was thinking of saving it until sometime into the lengthy XC3, when I want something more shorter and more actiony to change it up.
  • SRWGC is the one thing I feel any eagerness towards actually. -But I only finished the J 3rd run back on Xmas Eve, I feel like I should wait at least one month before starting a new SRW. I could pair this with TriStrat, the serious, down-to-earth, fantasy SRPG alongside the moist, over-the-top, sci-fi RPG, but I'm not sure if the latter will outshine spark the former for me.
  • Maybe Tales of Berseria instead to pair with Tri Strat. It's setting there, unplayed, been quite some time since Zesty. -But I'm only thinking of this because swapping Switch game cards is slightly cumbersome (which I'd have to do if I was alternating between TriStrat and XC3), and because if I did TriStrat & GC, I feel like I'd be playing at a chapter completion ratio of 1:15, very unfair to the former.

Why do I seriously overthink things, why do I wastefully hesitate?😅 I always do this nowadays.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

I can't ever see that scene the same any longer. XD

That's actually incredible. I'm assuming it was hard/normal and not maddening. Did you exclusively use characters with good build or rigged build levels for everyone? Because otherwise the chances of this happening for you are... about the same as being struck by lighting three consecutive times.

28 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

If you ask me, i still prefer Fates' method - except forging, here it's better

Forging in Fates suffers from the same issue that plagues every My Castle mechanic - it relies of Fates's craptastic material system, where the game requires using every material type for stuff, but you're only given a reliable way to get two of the material types on any given run. Want to get the rest? Go grind the arena for ages.

It's profoundly stupid and there's a reason everyone just plays with the material cheat lol

9 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

5G6RtKY.jpg

All of Timerra's gameplay flaws are racially motivated /s

8 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

stole his name for a reason

Honestly I thought you just made it up. Didn't realize it was the fan-translated name. Is it from the same era as "Ziguldo"?

51 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

RF5 is mostly-complete, Ys I reached an abrupt end, the unfrozen BS quickly went back into cryostasis (I won’t say I gave up on it). I’ve room for other things now, but what, exactly?

• I was thinking resuming TriStrat, haven't used my Switch in a few months, and now I'd want this done before moving on to that (it had been Berwick that supposed to be the limiter, but that has now been changed). I should've stop probably, maybe, when the slow opening was coming to a close?
  • I had been thinking about XC3 last month, but now... not for a few days. I must coat myself in the dirt of the two Michtams, moisten my earthen self with the waters of Eryth, embed my surface with the seeds of Gormott, and then bask in the sun of Oblivia along its great river until they geminate. I'm having, perhaps irrational, fears the latest XC which almost everyone loves, will somehow end up falling short for me (and Future Redeemed much later down the line bringing back old characters makes me even more worried about them getting botched).
  • Ys II will be held off for now. I was thinking of saving it until sometime into the lengthy XC3, when I want something more shorter and more actiony to change it up.
  • SRWGC is the one thing I feel any eagerness towards actually. -But I only finished the J 3rd run back on Xmas Eve, I feel like I should wait at least one month before starting a new SRW. I could pair this with TriStrat, the serious, down-to-earth, fantasy SRPG alongside the moist, over-the-top, sci-fi RPG, but I'm not sure if the latter will outshine spark the former for me.
  • Maybe Tales of Berseria instead to pair with Tri Strat. It's setting there, unplayed, been quite some time since Zesty. -But I'm only thinking of this because swapping Switch game cards is slightly cumbersome (which I'd have to do if I was alternating between TriStrat and XC3), and because if I did TriStrat & GC, I feel like I'd be playing at a chapter completion ratio of 1:15, very unfair to the former.

Why do I seriously overthink things, why do I wastefully hesitate?😅 I always do this nowadays.

Damn, CrossCode got sent into the void huh.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, but Kaga is a filthy traditional monarchist, so no. Male must throne and you're going to like it.

Well, Macedonia was put under the rule of Minerva.
...who was overthrown, handed the country over to Marth and became a nun or something.

Then there is also Sheema who... also handed over Gra to Marth and became an ordinary citizen.

But Athol did announce that she was going to take the throne once she is done serving as circlet maiden. ...at which point she is no doubt married to Zade, who will get put in charge instead.
Hoelun and Cyltan will certainly going to unify the Nyman and the Noyans under Cyltan's rule eventually. And Theodel is probably going to become king of Sphire or some shit.

Man, Tellius was so nice until Awakening and Heroes got their greasy fingers on it.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Incidentally, Kaga really liked this "fairy arises from a body of water and asks if you dropped a thing as a test of honesty" thing. He did it again in both Vestarias. Funnily enough, in VS2 the fairy just believes you and gives you the shitty thing if you tell her it's what you dropped.

It's the same thing in VS1. You do in fact get a Golden Axe if you claim that's what you dropped.

avs062.jpg

https://km-hs-lr22.hatenablog.com/entry/2016/11/26/001126

Can't ever get your favorite Rusted Axe back, though.

Edited by BrightBow

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Damn, CrossCode got sent into the void huh

The void? Not quite...

Spoiler

List of Video Games I Haven’t “Finished” (By No Means Do I Mean 100%), Yet Sorta Wish On Some Varying Level That I Did:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
    • Blame the Ghost Ship primarily, for I am an eternal coward. To a lesser extent a lack of knowing as a child that if you sail too close to the map’s edges, the King of Red Lions simply talks you away from it.
  1. Zelda II: Adventure of Link
    • Made it as far as the Hidden Palace, but I just never finished this antiquated, difficult, black sheep Zelda. Almost no way I could’ve cleared the Great Palace.
  1. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
    • Got to the third round of visitations. Did Lanayru, did Eldin, but Faron? I struggled with the first two Imprisoned battles, seeing there was a third was… much… to me. Also, I didn’t particularly enjoy Skyward Sword’s additions/changes to the LoZ world/lore.
  1. The Legend of Zelda: Tri-Force Heroes
    • Made to the final boss in solo mode. The classic Zelda “magical orb tennis match” with the boss was difficult and way too long to get past, by the time I did, I would die on the third phase.
  1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    • Yes, I did defeat Ganon, and collect most of the Orbs. But, I never once chatted with Impa, I never did the Divine Beasts, never collected a single memory. My experience with the game isn’t truly complete, owing to my bizarre irrationality.
  1. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
    • I never did Silver Snow. Because, I never got over my extreme irrationality with this game. I never once interacted with the Monastery except when absolutely mandatory, never heard the music, never saw the plot nor characters.
  1. Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
    • You bought the game, used, at the wrong time. Deep SJ/Redux’s announcement took some wind out of your sails. The limitations of fusing in this game also contributed to your stoppage at Eridanus, D-Sources needed to break those rules being finite in an easily-available sense contributed to this. Should’ve waited for Redux.
  1. Shin Megami Tensei V
    • I somehow reached 60 hours when the game was only halfway through according to the Internet. I guess I did too much grinding and fusing. This demoralized me to an extent, and I simply never resumed the game partway into the third area despite feeling not too bad about it. Also was continually divided over whether to lower the difficulty down to Normal or not.
  1. Xenosaga Episode I: Der Wille Zur Macht
    • Not too remiss, since I did watch the rest of the game then Ep. II and then played Ep. III to completion. Ep. I just felt weirdly difficult for me, gave up on the Shion & Jr. boss.
  1. CrossCode
    • Irrationality when it came to plot and music. The puzzles were intense, yet I found them enjoyable. The combat was simply too difficult for me though, and I struggled with it even when I had weakened enemies to the maximum. The waterfall cave puzzles and the veeeeery precise movements required there became the last straw.
  1. Blaster Master Zero
    • I reached the final area. -Yet when I went back to check for any remaining hidden things, I couldn’t figure out how to get back to the final area.
  1. Berwick Saga
    • I really enjoyed the game. But the Chapter 10 main mission exhausted me just breaking through the first few enemies. And this only after the game had been an exercise in much save-stating for the prior battles.
    • EDIT of Jan 6th 2024. After finally dusting the game back off in late December of the previous year, you reached a new point of frustration with Chapter 11. And so, chose to freeze it yet again.
  1. Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: The Fafnir Knight
    • Technically, I finished it. But only after deciding to turn the difficulty down to Picnic for Juggernaut and the final boss. Never ventured into the sixth stratum either, or complete the Story Mode run. So I don’t think this is “finished” by my Etrian Odyssey standards.
  1. Etrian Odyssey: Nexus
    • Made it to the catfish, stopped right there. The game even on Normal felt off, and fairly difficult. And no blossoming of team synergy that seriously strengthens my team ever happened. The return of EO4’s skill tiers barred by level was jarring as well. I should’ve bought the pay to win EXP DLC and used that to get everyone to 40, to try prematurely getting to the point where everything smooths out.
  1. Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon
    • The ice mansion boss was simply too difficult.
  1. Luigi’s Mansion 3
    • Good, I just randomly stopped to either look for Boos or jewels I missed prior to the penultimate floor, and never got back.
  1. Tales of Graces
    • Made it through most of the game, but then my first PS3 died and I lost my data at a lategame dungeon.
  1. Tales of Phantasia
    • Made it to the final dungeon. Did some serious grinding inside there, later the GBA cart lost all save data.
  1. Tales of Zestiria
    • Final boss killed me even on Easy. Not sure why or how, seemed kinda glitched. Watched the ending online. I think my choice to turn down the difficulty in the very lategame is because I never made use of the equipment fusing system, it sounded too esoteric.
  1. Metroid: Samus Returns
    • Diggernaut too difficult. Made it to the third phase of the fight, but I would always lose there.
  1. Metroid Prime
    • The titular foe’s first phase crushed me on the first try. And if I lose there, no doubt I wouldn’t survive round 2 even if it would appear to be easier. That, and the nearest save room comes before I have to jump up a shaft with Fission Metroids, and I’ve a strong aversion to let the franchise’s namesake species latch onto me in first-person.
  1. Metroid: Dread
    • It’s one, two, three strikes you’re out at the Metroid franchise! On Rookie Mode I was happily able to make it to the final boss. Yet my several attempts to fight said boss all ended in failure. I simply showed zero capacity to counter it properly in the first phase of the battle, and no counter = boss remains invincible.
  1. Secret of Mana
    • Got this on iOS many years ago, long since lost. Even without mobile controls, this game probably would’ve still felt clunky, dated, and awkward as an Action RPG.
  1. Breath of Fire 4
    • Got this on my PS3, wanted to give Capcom’s old dead JRPG series a try. I just stopped playing in a forest filled traps and with paths you have to carefully follow quickly.
  1. Mega Man 8
    • JUMP! JUMP! SLIDE! SLIDE!
  1. Mega Man X4
  2. Mega Man X5
    • I can make it through the stages in these games. But the very first Maverick battle no matter which I choose? I couldn’t do it, and the PS3 versions of these games didn’t have save states or easy modes.
  1. Mega Man Battle Network
    • I wanted to try this subseries, chose to begin with the first. I ended up getting lost in the Web near the end. Random encounters got annoying here, mostly because they were surprisingly tough. I didn’t ever understand “program advances” whatever those are, I just used whatever basic and strong chips I had. And I very often relied on the Mega Buster.
  1. Haven
    • Buying it after the same-sex update made it feel just wonderful. I was entranced by the vibe. -But the dystopia in the background left me concerned, so concerned at a rather early point that I cracked and spoiled myself on the ending online. Bad ending is bad. The “good" ending reads as too much bitter and not enough sweet. I understand an artistic want for something more complex than pure happiness, but I and probably many others interested in a good love story would’ve liked one.
  1. Super Mario Bros. 3
    • Maybe I made it to Pipe Land? Just never got around to finishing ye olde Mario. Not exactly easy was it either.
  1. New Super Mario Bros.
  2. New Super Mario Bros. Wii
  3. New Super Mario Bros. 2
    • Made it very far into all three of these, I just never completed World 8. -The bonus worlds are never necessary for me to personally have considered having “finished” Mario games.
  1. Summon Night: Swordcraft Story 2
    • This was rougher than I remember the first game being so long ago on GBA. Got stuck on the boss that immediately follows the one-off mech battle. Not so easy. Then the Mac I was playing it on basically died, so there went the save file.
  1. Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age
    • Literally all that remained was the final boss. I just never got it to it.
  1. Final Fantasy XII
    • The gameplay never clicked for me. Bosses I managed to get through, normal enemies felt rather difficult. The International Zodiac Job system was a major disappointment, the “classes” felt so bland. Overall, FFXII felt rough, antiquated, and just made me think of the smoother and somewhat younger first Xenoblade.
  1. Pokemon Black 2
    • How can I finish a game I never started? I own it, but I never once played it. It came as the magic of ‘mon was wearing off on me, unfortunately.
  1. Pokemon Colosseum
  2. Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
    • Not sure why I never finished these games as a child. I made to The Under in Colosseum (cool location!), and not even that far in XD, I think I only defeated the first Cipher Admin there.
  1. Viewtiful Joe
    • Made it to Fire Leo as a child, couldn’t do the “dodge five consecutive hits to daze them” part.
  1. Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town
    • I shouldn’t have taken courtship so needlessly slowly. I never finished doing the dating events, and I never wedded Cliff.
  1. Rune Factory 2
    • Spent a full year in Gen 1, which was too long. When I got to Gen 2, a certain disconnect between the game that was and the game I could envision also got in the way.
  1. Rune Factory 3
    • I never fought the fall or winter bosses, and I never wedded either. Nowadays, I’d need a Zaid marriage hack.
  1. Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny
    • Did two playthroughs actually. Made it to the wind shrine on the first, but I never stepped into it. Would need an AdenxBismark mod to resume it now.

I wrote this... September~November of last year? To shame myself. Has it helped at all? Not sure, probably not.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  1. Blaster Master Zero
    • I reached the final area. -Yet when I went back to check for any remaining hidden things, I couldn’t figure out how to get back to the final area.

Idk but this reads really funny to me. You made it to the end but then you got lost. They didn't have the fast travel in the series yet either so ooof.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The waterfall cave puzzles and the veeeeery precise movements required there became the last straw.

You know what fair. I still have to look those up because of how stingy it is.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

Well, Macedonia was put under the rule of Minerva.
...who was overthrown, handed the country over to Marth and became a nun or something.

Then there is also Sheema who... also handed over Gra to Marth and became an ordinary citizen.

But Athol did announce that she was going to take the throne once she is done serving as circlet maiden. ...at which point she is no doubt married to Zade, who will get put in charge instead.
Hoelun and Cyltan will certainly going to unify the Nyman and the Noyans under Cyltan's rule eventually. And Theodel is probably going to become king of Sphire or some shit.

Man, Tellius was so nice until Awakening and Heroes got their greasy fingers on it.

You can see Kaga's real life beliefs seep through rather clearly in this. You can only portray "competent female ruler fails miserably and needs her man to come and rule instead" as a perfectly fine and good ending so many times before plausible deniability runs its course. And that's ignoring the existence of the one Sylvis scene.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  1. CrossCode
    • Irrationality when it came to plot and music. The puzzles were intense, yet I found them enjoyable. The combat was simply too difficult for me though, and I struggled with it even when I had weakened enemies to the maximum. The waterfall cave puzzles and the veeeeery precise movements required there became the last straw.

I find it rather funny how you stopped because it was too difficult, meanwhile I dropped it because I was bored

Nah but being fair, for me the combat and puzzle-solving was... fine? Not amazing, at least as far as I played, but fine. Combat was a bit tedious, but workable. Same with the puzzles. 7/10. If I had been engrossed by the exploration, the setting or even the story, that would've been the clincher to keep me going. Problem was, well, I was just not getting into the story or the world at all.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

> Currently writing

> Microsoft Word auto-corrector suggests changing actress to actor, despite the sentence being about a woman

What are you implying here, Microsoft Word...?

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You can see Kaga's real life beliefs seep through rather clearly in this. You can only portray "competent female ruler fails miserably and needs her man to come and rule instead" as a perfectly fine and good ending so many times before plausible deniability runs its course. And that's ignoring the existence of the one Sylvis scene.

Although the insistence that Akaneia absolutely NEEDED a king is exactly what caused the disaster of Book 2 in the first place.

Not like it's just the ladies giving control of their countries to Marth. The same is also true for the king of Orleans, who like Minerva is very much broken from the events that occurred in his wake. With him having resigned himself to the fact that his brother Hardin needs to be put down and that without a heir, Orleans simply has no other future.
And in the case of Grust, Marth just kinda took the country, I suppose. No indication given that he eventually plans to give it to Yubello once he grows older.

Ultimately the unification is not really a victory for Marth as much as it's a tragic necessity because of the scars that the war left on the land and it's people.

Considering what both Grust kids went through just for being royalty (political prisoners in Khadein, dad dies, then subjugated to Archanean occupation, forced to leave Lorenz behind who then dies too, etc.), and as far back as barely being ten no less, I would not be surprised if they got soured majorly from the idea. So Yubello also just handed Grust to Marth offscreen, and both siblings decided to simply study magic as per their endings.

We can also assume that after seeing what her siblings went through, and what she herself went through, Maria was also like, "nah, better just become a nun too".

Simply put, being royalty in Archanea is to suffer.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Just had a random thought.

Her endings says she goes to work at Lena's monastery. It's easy to think it'd be as a nun, but "work" could be anything. Like just being the guard. Or she becomes both a nun and a guard. So it's a shame she did not used axes yet else we could joke that Kaga also did NUNSWITHAXES first...