Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J151.png

That's usually how armies work, yeah.

Corrin: Hold my dragonstone.

Ah, yes, the classic "no no no, the victims were not combatants for XYZ reasons" defense for demonizing the guys you deliberately provoked into attacking you.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J158.png

"...Ignore the fact that I killed your entire guard in self defense"

Is it better or worse than dealing with a Klein/Thea/Perceval situation?

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Hmm... Now I'm imagining Falchion remaining normal sized and it's simply installed into a giant replica, and the whole thing working somehow...

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yup. Alfred was fucking useless and got kil... i mean crippled and only living thanks to plot armor

Alas the poor prince is still one of the most benchable units in the game, only this time his bench is a bit more permanent.

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Solm's Sands are treacherous.

Yeah, that fog of war map, and the shifting tides map are both rather dangerous, both places I lost units on my first ironman...

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

>Lucina!Marni with Invisible Ties (2 range 60% Dual guard chance)

Sounds annoying, but not all that different from her original performance, more a shift from the certain lost attacks of Roy to probabilistic lost attack, and a far greater  incentive to deal with her before any nearby ally (which isn't a huge change really).

>Ike!Vander

Probably more dangerous than the Mauvier version, although that is mostly because he isn't using staves on this map.

>Corrin!Zephia....70HP!!!!!!

Eh, sounds like a downgrade to me. Sigurd makes her extra dangerous, and if she has the same cautious AI like in the normal hard mode, it should be easy to deal with her all on her lonesome.

>Griss!Byleth with Thyrsus and aoe dance

That is an interesting change, and will probably change the dynamic from him suicidally overextending, into you baiting his lackies into overextending instead. It will be different, but I am not all convinced it would lead to a more difficult encounter, just one you have to play differently.

>Lyn!Hyacinth...with Astra Storm

Huh, like his first appearance in the real game then. A fitting change, but he didn't exactly make the best showing with that emblem in the main game...but it can surprise you with so long of range, so its hard to say.

>Eirika!Alear with some doozy stats

Alright that one is probably a fair bit more dangerous.

Honestly a lot of these sound more like side grades, with the big danger being that this will drastically change up how this chapter normally plays, so you can't rely on more tried and true methods

35 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

If they lived, they would have suffered the foul fate of becoming green units.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

more a shift from the certain lost attacks of Roy to probabilistic lost attac

Yeah

I think it being probabilistic makes it harder, especially with such a high chance. It could really screw me over

That said

I think it only activates when i initiate, so maybe a more EP focused approach might be in order? Parthia is a bit of a pain to deal with tho

Sigurd makes her extra dangerous

Corrin means aoe debuffs/freeze. I could very easily lose someome thanks to that if i am not careful

Also she starts closer to the player party in RR, to compensate for Sigurd i think.

if she has the same cautious AI like in the normal hard mode

On maddening she's aggressive, starts moving once you deal with Mauv iiirc. It makes it quite a bit harder on Maddening than on hard.

Ofc here her not having 12 Mov will make that part a bit easier, but i will have to deal with debuffs and a beefier version

, but I am not all convinced it would lead to a more difficult encounter

It's a more unpredictable one, just like Marni's

...but it can surprise you with so long of range, so its hard to say.

Also my strongest units being fliers means he can zone them out hard

Honestly a lot of these sound more like side grades, with the big danger being that this will drastically change up how this chapter normally plays, so you can't rely on more tried and true methods

Yup

Then again, Zephia in maddening always made that chapter something i have to change plans for on the fly, so unpredictability is not really new.

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

12 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Q0JwUTH.png

>Vander

>25 Spd

Is that even possible

The creator of RR buffed his stats so he wasn't complete shit lol

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

At the cost of probably pushing out the locals. Been hearing about it, not necessarily in Vietnam but elsewhere. "It's so cheap here" while the locals can't keep up with Americans' unrivaled spending money so they get pushed out of their own towns.

You know, I feel bad for all you cool Americans, because every time I learn something new about America my reaction is almost invariably "maybe America and its inhabitants should go fuck themselves already."

...But at least I feel bad for you, which puts me on the nicer side of the America hater spectrum. Meanwhile every time the topic comes up my father tells me that all Americans are uncultured assholes who couldn't even point to Canada on a map. All of them, with no significant exceptions. I can't agree with that either.

I mean this is more the fault of capitalism than America but then, literally everything wrong with the world is the fault of capitalism so that goes without saying

5 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J151.png

That's usually how armies work, yeah.

Not Fire Emblem armies though. That's not allowed. We must have honor.

Meanwhile Leif

5 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Not everyone is as attached to their subordinates as Sheema is. In the remake, that is.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Is it better or worse than dealing with a Klein/Thea/Perceval situation?

I mean, to be fair, Perceval's allies are extremely easy to save. Perceval's allies are basically only in danger if you recruit him so early that they're still in range of the wyverns. If you just let them come to you for a few turns, and use those turns to clean up the forces near the village, that's it. They just run to the exit. If you manage by some miracle to recruit him in chapter 13, it's... actually even easier, they just start right next to their escape point with no enemies around themm.

...The others, though... I've played this game more times than I can count, and I must've gotten the elysian whip... what, four times? Five times? I hardly ever bother saving the peggies. Helps that, unlike literally every other promo item in FE6, you can easily afford to miss out on an elysian whip.

53 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Vote Lucina, as everyone should. Xd

...Yeaaaah, see... I have a lot of irrelevant, unpopular, unattractive stooges to vote for and only so many votes to spare. So uh.

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Yeaaaah, see... I have a lot of irrelevant, unpopular, unattractive stooges to vote for and only so many votes to spare. So uh.

f4c74e4929b531dcdda50c937e47d278.png

What? XD

Xenoblade 3 spoilers

Spoiler

On 1/12/2024 at 10:40 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know I made it to the third area. I know attempted to fight the Puffstool(?) and perhaps the Beady Long Legs. Whether I won against either is uncertain.

Child me was too slow a player and nervous with the time limits. The literal bugginess of Pikmin more than anything is what probably stands in the way now.

It took me a bit to get my bearings in the Forest Navel, so it's hard for me to imagine how my younger self would've gotten through it. It makes me appreciate Pikmin 2's lack of time limit in retrospect. Though Pikmin 2 is the Pikmin version of Thracia 776 later on, my lack of memory card space meant that I never found that out.

11 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Solm's Sands are treacherous.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure this was the chapter where I changed the difficulty from hard to normal.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

Vote Lucina, as everyone should. Xd

But she hasn't been votable in seven years.

I would've dumped all my votes on Veyle if she wasn't already in, but since she is I'll spread my votes out to other dragon ladies, I guess.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Soon... the era of old men and Seforia's hat will be upon FEH, and the fanbase will not be ready for it.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Semantics. Just create a version that is, but isn't, but actually also really is: Lucina. I would be happy that way!

5 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

f4c74e4929b531dcdda50c937e47d278.png

What? XD

I mean, hey, you can try to convince me. You just have to tell me all about how she's irrelevant, unpopular and unattractive, and that will make her appeal more to me!

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I would've dumped all my votes on Veyle if she wasn't already in, but since she is I'll spread my votes out to other dragon ladies, I guess.

I will vote the same people I vote every year, and will continue to vote every year because they'll never get in.

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Soon... the era of old men and Seforia's hat will be upon FEH, and the fanbase will not be ready for it.

They won't even know what hit them when I become President of the World and outlaw fictional characters younger than 40.

1 minute ago, Lightcosmo said:

Semantics. Just create a version that is, but isn't, but actually also really is: Lucina. I would be happy that way!

Vote for Marth, I guess? Wait he's in already too isn't he? Dagnabbit...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, hey, you can try to convince me. You just have to tell me all about how she's irrelevant, unpopular and unattractive, and that will make her appeal more to me!

Ah, no.

I speak of the Devil Survivor yesterday, and by coincidence Atlus today puts both soundtracks on streaming in honor of 15 years since the first's release.😄

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hmm... Now I'm imagining Falchion remaining normal sized and it's simply installed into a giant replica, and the whole thing working somehow...

Ultimate attack Dancing Blade > Dolphin Slash > projectile Shield Breaker ends with Marth throwing "DaiFalchion", and then shortly before impact, the DaiFalchion falls away and the tiny original blade alone pierces precisely through the cockpit, emerging out the other side. A clean strike that does exactly what's needed, no more.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

F

That's fine let me just ask Brightbow instead--

Do what you must. I only pray you can accept that. XD

May 5, 2021 is when I first started Trails in the Sky FC, wow that feels like so long ago already. Quickly becoming a favorite series of mine, after that point I couldn't stop playing them. Having the ups and downs I did with series, I wouldn't trade that for anything. Much love to those that got me interested in trying the series out! 

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh it's time for the popularity contest already?

Frost vote time.

Are you in shambles you can't vote for Sommie?

@Armagon

"We decided to make amiibo of Samus and E.M.M.I., and I was also involved in supervising them. Therefore, we were particular about posing the two figures so that when they were lined up, it would look like they were facing each other, and we also kept in mind that customers would be happy when they had both together.

"It was difficult to express it, but I think I was able to use the knowledge I learned about the human body during my student days to create a dynamic yet natural pose. I was very happy to be able to be involved in the process of not only creating CG, but actually making something tangible.

"I was also very happy to be able to deliver the carefully made model to the customer, and also to experience the excitement of holding the product in my hands."

metroid-dread-3.large.jpg

The study of human anatomy has been de rigeur for art since like the Renaissance. But the application of it to a silly figurine frivolously decorating a base with a pinch of code in it, is unexpected.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Are you in shambles you can't vote for Sommie?

Wait, you can't?

You could vote for Gatekeeper but you can't vote for Sommie.

That's actually fucking bullshit, the gacha keeps falling lower and lower.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

When people think of "the ends of the universe", they speak as if they wish to head to reach the eastern horizon, or the western, or the far north or south.

Who wants to reach the bottom of the universe?

Meditate on that.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

It took me a bit to get my bearings in the Forest Navel, so it's hard for me to imagine how my younger self would've gotten through it.

Remind me- does Pikmin give you maps of the regions?

Since you have a spaceship that spends the nights circling overhead the places you visit in day, not having detailed maps in advance doesn't make a ton of sense. Unless good planetary surface scanners are too expensive for the little whistle-blowing people in space suits. -But I get that realism isn't always a top priority in video games and that's fine.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, I feel bad for all you cool Americans, because every time I learn something new about America my reaction is almost invariably "maybe America and its inhabitants should go fuck themselves already."

Least xenophobic European.

THIS IS A JOKE, I'M JOKING! 

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Meanwhile every time the topic comes up my father tells me that all Americans are uncultured assholes who couldn't even point to Canada on a map. All of them, with no significant exceptions. I can't agree with that either.

Ask him where Nebraska is. Americans don't know either because Nebraska is a mythical land, it doesn't exist.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Xenoblade 3 spoilers

Ah yeah, i remember that whole thing. One of the takes of all time.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The study of human anatomy has been de rigeur for art since like the Renaissance. But the application of it to a silly figurine frivolously decorating a base with a pinch of code in it, is unexpected.

It's funny, i didn't even think about the Amiibo's posing in this. But it makes sense with hindsight now.

55 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wait, you can't?

You could vote for Gatekeeper but you can't vote for Sommie.

They knew Sommie would sweep. Had to cut him out just to give all others a chance.

Real talk, it's kinda weird how inconsistent they are with the NPCs. You can't vote for the few one-off bosses in Engage but Brigand Boss is votable.

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Least xenophobic European.

THIS IS A JOKE, I'M JOKING! 

>joking

Nah mate, considering the current political shitshow over here and how racism is just cool again, you might be into something

Did you ever expect to hear about relocation in Germany in 2024? Ü