Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J159.png

A secret unit?! And I didn't even know about it before hand!?

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J165.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J166.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J167.png

I honestly would've gained so much respect for this game if they actually went through with this and have Sigurd leave, fundamentally changing the story.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J168.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J169.png

What a rude awakening.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J170.png

Oh we bewared him alright.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J172.png

Every hit takes 2 hit points off of this man.

I'm just picturing her whacking a stick over his head over and over again while the audience watches

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ah yes, the Balkans.

Imagine if North America balkanized, we would look like a normal continent for once.

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Brightening the night,❄️

Awakened, it will be gone.😦

A boy old will weep.🥺

-Snow is sticking to the ground for the first time this season, and I’m taking it in while whining it may be the only time.

10 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

wuNDfgxdN8d8.png

cute

Indeed.

I like the pretty random assortment of characters. A variety of games, with characters of varied importance but which Silesian is that?, in a scene that also feels random. Eclectic, in a good way.😀

3 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J168.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J169.png

What a rude awakening.

You can talk to a Sleeping unit? Odd. I'm pretty sure Thracia banned conversation with a Silenced unit.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Imagine if North America balkanized, we would look like a normal continent for once.

Don't jinx it.😐

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

but which Silesian is that?, i

Looks like Karin, Erynys has long hair and Fee has the wicked hoop earrings.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

GRWJD9-2024-01-15-16-39-33.png

I was going to wait exactly a month since J, but I felt like cutting it shorter.😅 And now I’ve got a dram of glum again (thankfully not a full burst), so I treat myself to a sip of amrita. -Tomorrow, another sip of RF5 tonight.

Finally, eh? Hehehe, looking forward to it.

GC is probably the line-iest of the more modern-ish games, with no route splits whatsoever. It does have several Special Scenarios to unlock, though.

35 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

How much are you actually looking up again?

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J165.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J166.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J167.png

I honestly would've gained so much respect for this game if they actually went through with this and have Sigurd leave, fundamentally changing the story.

It would... but then what? Just keep fighting off the Agustrians at the border until they quit? Leave Eldigan in his jail cell? Let the other nobles destroy the villages?

What a rude awakening.

I take it the new fan translation... ah, rewrote this part slightly, from what I recall.

Define "normal".

Also, please no. Balkanization is the name for the term for a reason. You bring the Yugoslavian Wars here and I might as well just kill myself already to save the trouble...

47 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Opera_Snapshot_2024-01-15_225524_twitter

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You can talk to a Sleeping unit? Odd. I'm pretty sure Thracia banned conversation with a Silenced unit.

I think Sigurd being the Lord might be a special exception.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Finally, eh? Hehehe, looking forward to it.

You and me both.😁

I'll be posting plenty o' screenies, don't worry.

11 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

GC is probably the line-iest of the more modern-ish games, with no route splits whatsoever.

I'm curious how that might affect the narrative flow. -But then SRW stories can get plenty long route splits or not, so it probably changes little.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It does have several Special Scenarios to unlock, though.

And I'm aware they're repeatable too. Considering one secret (I've noticed GC ties pretty much all of them to the sub-scenarios, convenient) requires you repeat one sub-scenario twice, I think I'll play each of them twice, just because I can, and a dash of extra cash won't hurt.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm curious how that might affect the narrative flow. -But then SRW stories can get plenty long route splits or not, so it probably changes little.

Well, at the very least, no infodumps/recaps, in order to explain what happened offscreen.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And I'm aware they're repeatable too. Considering one secret (I've noticed GC ties pretty much all of them to the sub-scenarios, convenient) requires you repeat one sub-scenario twice, I think I'll play each of them twice, just because I can, and a dash of extra cash won't hurt.

Yeah, that's also a curious choice. Giving you grinding chances.

The climb of the tower... well, had to use lots of Hi-Potions (I actually bought 99 of them before coming here) to conserve spell charges, but now I wonder if I should've bothered. Then again, I'm gaining so much money, I can rebuy and still have A LOT left for any purchases I'd wish to do... for the most part.

I so like the sequence of the Curse of the Wyrm. Having (almost) all of the guest party members show up to help the heroes is so nice. Only slight I could find is that Aria got left out. Then again... she is dead. On the other hand, it's not like she couldn't show up in spirit or something, as they would do with Tellah in the next game. Or, you know, just not kill her to begin with! Specially since in her absence, and Unei strangely being absent from this too, they had to fill in the fifth person with... one of the Amur guys. Which, okay, they did helped out too even if none became guest party members, but it's still a bit out of place compared to the other four. More so in the 3D remake, where now the others have some connection to the characters. Sara for Ingus, Desch for Refia, Alus for Arc, and Cid being for all four together I guess. Which leaves out Luneth, which Aria could've filled in nicely to complete the set. Oh well...

Alright, Xande. So, at last we meet for the first time, for the last time! En garde!

Okay, at last, the World of Darkness. Almost at the end... but, it won't be tonight. Will resume tomorrow...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Medieval maps made by the Arabic/Islamic world, I remember reading, were actually aligned with south at top and north on bottom.:

6221f49bd2c5522a7731a7c38db9862a.jpg

An interesting reminder of how we have been subtly trained to biased the global north.

9 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ke2XGSu.png

Fuck me this could actually end the Ironman if i am not careful. He can one shot Veyle from 10 range

FUCK

Oh is he getting effective damage from Mulagir or something? Yeah that complicates things a LOT.

fOLHj9m.png

Her having a 2 ranged option + 60% bonded shield + Hurricane axe combined honestly makes her a menance

Can you bait her into equipping the raiper as the only viable weapon for her mediocre super? At least she still has to pick a single range.

moEBvCn.png

Taking him down with chain attacks isn't all that surprising considering how tanky Ike makes units

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Ej1Scty.png

*Chain Attack.mp3*

Chain attacks really came in clutch this chapter I see

7 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

rFn6rqh.png

Losses: Freeze staff, 2/3 of a rescue staff

WOOHOO

That was an experience

Good work, and in all likelihood, a good use of the staves.

4 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Oh wow, you waited this long to clear the arena on this chapter? It is rather fitting that you recruited him with Ayra though.

What a rude awakening.

Yeah, Sylvia conversations can get kind of weird. Her chapter 5 lovers talk with Alec is probably the most infamous...

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J172.png

Every hit takes 2 hit points off of this man.

I'm just picturing her whacking a stick over his head over and over again while the audience watches

Yeah, when some of the weaker units, like Sylvia and Dew find a way to win in the area with dodge tanking, it makes you glad you have speed up...especially if their foe is also a bit dodgey.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It also prevents talking with sleeping units, with the one extremely convenient exception of green units being allowed to talk to sleeping/silenced red units.

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

England has always been the predominant nation on the Isle of Britain. It conquered Wales (Edward I in 1282), while Northern Ireland is a remnant of centuries of English intervention/occupation in Ireland (began by Henry II in 1171).

Scotland had its history of independence, despite English attempts to conquer it (Edward I did for a time- that terrible Braveheart movie), and Scotland in alliance with France harassed England on its northern border for a while. But then Elizabeth I to her death was the virgin queen, and so the son of the woman she executed (Mary, Queen of Scots) legitimately took the throne in 1603 as James I of England/Wales/Ireland (James VI of Scotland). The official Act of Union binding England-Wales-Ireland and Scotland together as the Kingdom of Great Britain, not merely two kingdoms with a shared monarch (a personal union), came in 1706/7.

England has always been the most the most populous, most politically powerful, most economically wealthy, and the most self-important of the nations upon the Isle of Britain. It should be no surprise English and British became synonymous. Scotland comes in second in the demographics, and I take it is generally more humble than England, as if Scotland is the Canada to England's USA.

Keep in mind that for both England and Scotland, the south have greater demographic weight than the north. Southeastern England is where London is, as well as Oxford and Cambridge, so it has long been the most self-important part of the most self-important nation of Britain. For Scotland, the country can be divided into highlands and lowlands. The overwhelming majority of Scots live in the lowlands and it's where the major cities are, the highlands are too mountainous for a big population. But, since the early 1800s, the highlands have been culturally romanticized about by the outside world as the land of noble savage warriors with Counter, or something. A stereotype that got haphazardly expanded to encompass all of Scotland (hence that anachronistic inaccurate cinematic garbage that is Braveheart).

Wow they really have so much in common with the US

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The fancy English word for this is "effigy". Although hanging them or burning them as you march down the street in protest is the centuries-old customary way of making a possible death threat.

True enough. These people, too, are hundreds of years old, emotionally.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

No you see it's ok when they do it.

Hah! Of course, when they do it it's "dark humor."

Yeah it doesn't happen often and I think most countries where that law is on the books don't always pull it out. But the idea of not being able to criticize your officials is an outdated one.

Quite true.

Can go further than that actually. At least in UK the defamation laws are broken. There's a reason why JK Rowling can get away with threatening legal action against anyone who calls her out in those islands.

The UK being broken? Say it isn't so.

In Italy, a rapper got sued for defamation for calling the prime minister a fascist.

Imagine getting sued for saying things that are true. Lol, lmao even.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

wuNDfgxdN8d8.png

cute

Setsuna lol

6 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

This is... Holyn? He is very forgettable. He's also a few pixels off of being a Naoise/Eldigan recolor.

41 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Yeah, Sylvia conversations can get kind of weird. Her chapter 5 lovers talk with Alec is probably the most infamous...

I don't remember the convo but I do remember finding it so funny how he stole her off of Lewyn that I let them live.

My reward was a shittier Charlot and Laylea.

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Can you bait her into equipping the raiper as the only viable weapon for her mediocre super? At least she still has to pick a single range

thing is, she still have 40% damage thanks to the 4 units near her, too risky, and i couldn't risk wasting actions on them thanks to bonded shield - hence i had to deal with er first

Chain attacks really came in clutch this chapter I see

yup

really saved me

Good work, and in all likelihood, a good use of the staves.

thankies o7

41 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

Competitive Pokemon has to be the most toxic thing i've ever watched, personally. Like... wow. People are really awful to each other.

ever tried playing Mobas? 😛

2 hours ago, Lightcosmo said:

Like, I don't care who the hell you are, telling someone else to "go die" or "get cancer" is never okay.

Does that mean I have to apologize to my copy of Fire Emblem Engage?

Oh hey, CyL estimates.

Appparently Bernadetta will get 1st, which would be something if it wasn't for the fact that the "changes" column states this position is unchanged from last year. You know, when she did not, in fact, win CyL, as evidenced by the fact that she's still on the chart. Amazing.

...Maybe I'll spare a vote for Ivy. It'd be terribly out of place among rock bottom contenders, but I kinda wanna contribute to the cause of Engage beating Three Houses. And well, she's a damn good character too. We'll see. There's still a good few days left.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Sidereal Wraith said:

But Zephiel isn’t a charming, condescending, cynical time traveling vampire god-king.

No, he's a charming, condescending, cynical traveling king. Close enough?

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It’s just not the same Rubenio.

3 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:
8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It’s just not the same Rubenio.

2cjFK7B.png

He didn't take kindly to your comment.

Alright then, here’s an interesting question for you folks. Who is a protagonist you really enjoyed in their game, book, film, T.V. Show etc and why?

Edited by Sidereal Wraith