Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Radiata_Stories_SLUS-21262_2024012116073

I kicked a child in the balls. He called the guards on me.

This game. This game is incredible. The shin kick is incredible. I don't know why they decided to give me the ability to get into fights with every NPC by kicking them in the shin, but I love it.

...Not as incredible is the save system. I went an hour and 10 minutes without seeing a save point. The game is incredibly stingy with those, which is not great when a game over (which, to be fair, you can't get from the shin kicking, just from fights with enemies) unceremoniously boots me to the title screen. Not to mention, sometimes I may not be able to wait a whole hour before being able to stop playing. But then, I mean, I'm playing on my Sony PC. I can just save state.

But, whatever. I think the funniest reaction to the shin kick was when I shin kicked the princess of the kingdom when she came out to watch the sunset.

Radiata_Stories_SLUS-21262_2024012116455

She sent this at me.

I lost.

48 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm surprised you didn't vote for Lindon. I suppose there's only enough room on the ballot for one old person from Engage.

I really wanted to, but no room. Ended up having to sacrifice his vote for Leiden, because Leiden is at real risk of losing this next CyL and I want to do my part.

• Replies 179.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Approaching the End of the Deep Space Voyage.:

Spoiler

GRWJD9-2024-01-21-07-30-52.png

Not the same guy.

Extradimensional Union must be Gadisword + Muge, but Fairey just said they're at peace. Maybe cold war?

GRWJD9-2024-01-21-07-31-14.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-07-31-27.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-07-31-40.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-07-31-54.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-07-32-01.png

So Amandara is seen as a business rival to Bloody, and it would appear the Galaxy/Galactic villains are at least in some agreement with each other.

GRWJD9-2024-01-21-07-32-51.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-07-33-43.png

"Friendly"? Making enemies isn't good for business, princeling.

GRWJD9-2024-01-21-08-56-42.png

Though the Baxingar crew isn't sure which side Ozma will fall on. But they can kill the nice guy if it comes to it, as we always can.😀

GRWJD9-2024-01-21-08-56-09.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-08-56-24.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-00-17.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-00-26.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-00-35.png

But just as there are Bad Merchants, there are Good Merchants!😜 Mecha Capitalism Ho!

Oh yes the battle.

GRWJD9-2024-01-21-07-37-50.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-07-37-55.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-07-41-31.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-07-58-50.png

The bad guys of Baxinger are now fighting to overthrow the Edo government. Divided the enemies into small groups, they're easily dispatched.

GRWJD9-2024-01-21-07-52-21.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-08-57-10.png

What a fully crippled enemy looks like. They also can't use any weapon associated with their broken limb, although some weapons don't use any of the three and thus can't be disabled.

Chobham sells for 1500, so still more than just killing the baddie. I'll convert them, and I can't keep these.

GRWJD9-2024-01-21-08-39-02.png

Also, some weapons can't hit small or even medium-sized targets. Not many, mainly the primary cannonry of battleships. Not to say S/M-sized units should fight battleships, since without the pilot having Sniper, they have to take the long way of sinking them by destroying all three components, owing to the size difference. Any thing two sizes bigger than you must have their appendages smashed before the Body becomes vulnerable.

GRWJD9-2024-01-21-08-59-56.png

Evil Edon Minister be enlisting the help of Baxingar baddies, who are now also Edonians (Edonites?).

GRWJD9-2024-01-21-08-58-08.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-08-58-14.png

He doesn't look very Japanese for a kingdom named Tokyo. Also, cute it is to see old old men cherishing their nations' pasts which only exist here together in SRW.

I'm still unsure of whether planet Helios was literally destroyed or not. We'll have to see.

GRWJD9-2024-01-21-08-58-46.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-08-58-51.png

Go forth and make allies, Prince Marth!

GRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-06-06.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-07-14.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-07-20.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-07-32.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-07-38.png

This was taken from the following sub-episode. Reads like the setting of Baxingar was politically placed within Daiohja's Edon, and is now the base for the evils of Baxingar, Sasuraigar, and Daiohja working to ruin peaceful Edon. The bad guys of Baxingar are now Edon rebels (and not Good Rebels like L-Gaim's). 

Rapidly-buildable artificial planets, sounds flexible enough that Sasuraigar could've shown in another SRW. Perhaps you could even place them just past Pluto, which would keep within the outer limits of the Solar System.

The following sub-episode map was almost identical to the prior episode. But...

GRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-47-55.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-10-18-23.png

Will I be irate if it turns out there is a capture source of Hybrid Armor or better, later? -Probably not. This took a little time, but now I have 17 Chobhams (you still get some as ordinary enemy drops).

As for what's next, going back to the end of the non-sub episode.:

GRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-00-59.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-01-35.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-02-03.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-01-59.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-02-08.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-02-13.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-02-31.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-02-48.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-03-01.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-02-51.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-02-55.png

We're knowingly going to help the OG Villain. 

Extradimensional Union is the formal name Gadisword + Muge Empire. A three-sided conflict is always better than two, adds the thrill of not knowing who the third player is going to back/stab when the other two are committed, more than three gets too complicated to follow.😛 

And Grados it is for the return to Earth! They didn't have that Station Satellite in J.

GRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-03-16.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-03-29.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-03-34.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-03-46.pngGRWJD9-2024-01-21-09-03-40.png

-Nope, back to Pentagona to attack a Gradosian construct. Not a bad idea Banpresto.

Though I wonder, ya think there are any peaceniks in Grados who might want to take the Satellite to Earth to try stopping the coming real & super robot war?😉

Lastly-

Really liking the Sasuraigar bgm.😄 

13 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Development since 2006 and only releasing this year!? Okay, it says they stopped due to the main writer's health condition and production only began after his death in 2016. Man... oh, it releases in a week!? Wow!

Oh.

I get needing one person's vision to guide the story, but there should be means by which health issues don't result in a development hell, without taxing the lead writer/producer/whatever's fragile condition. 

13 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm not sure. I think I once heard that Judau's VA has strained his voice too much, due to voicing Franky from One Piece and all the yelling. The fact ZZ reappeared in the VTX trilogy could be he could still do Judau's voice fine... though I need to recall if he actually raises his voice much. I know the same issue happened for Domon in T. His VA just can't do the hot-blooded shouting as he used to, which is also why G Gundam also skipped out on many games. 30 would have ZZ missing again, though Judau's VA still showed up, as he voices Shinobu from Dancougar. Though I guess it was more doable for a DLC character with not as many lines.

Thank you for the explanation.😀

23 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But just as there are Bad Merchants, there are Good Merchants!😜 Mecha Capitalism Ho!

D Richman. How subtle. lol

There's always a duality.

Rapidly-buildable artificial planets, sounds flexible enough that Sasuraigar could've shown in another SRW. Perhaps you could even place them just past Pluto, which would keep within the outer limits of the Solar System.

It does sound plausible, yep.

Extradimensional Union is the formal name Gadisword + Muge Empire. A three-sided conflict is always better than two, adds the thrill of not knowing who the third player is going to back/stab when the other two are committed, more than three gets too complicated to follow.😛 

And Grados it is for the return to Earth! They didn't have that Station Satellite in J.

Earth stuck between large warring alien factions?

Where have I seen this before...

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Wikipedia

Hmm... just where... well, beats me.

I think the satellite is from the sequel OVA's.

Oh.

I get needing one person's vision to guide the story, but there should be means by which health issues don't result in a development hell, without taxing the lead writer/producer/whatever's fragile condition. 

Yeah, that's a good point.

Thank you for the explanation.😀

No problem!

It does make me wonder what will happen in the future. We might soon just see them using prerecorded lines... or perhaps even just dropped out. If not forever, then only for like "every 3-4 games" or so skips. I guess it depends, maybe.

When you think about it, stuff like Classic Mazinger could likely never show up in SRW again, so long they still are voiced. But then, Reideen came back in DD, so everything's possible!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

16 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I feel this is a problem in general with rulers, regardless of system. Even in a republic, it tends to be only when it's too extreme as well. In the US, only three presidents have ever been impeachment, and all cases ended in acquittals. Maybe the Nixon one could've led to a conviction, but he resigned before he was even impeached... and was then pardoned by Gerald Ford anyway.

A republic certainly has a bigger safety net typically. Bad president? 4 years to vote em' out and the lasting effects being much easier to work out in the long run. Bad monarch? The span of a lifetime or more and the effects lasting for several more after the fact, again, Russia.

But regardless, in any democracy there must be an opportunity to shift at large the general mindset of The People™  There is the political revolution where we change how power is distributed and there is the social revolution where we change how power is perceived. By laying it fully within the hands of the state and trusting that he leader shall do everything we wish to do without a second thought, we have given up our autonomy, our willingness to understand. Thrown away our material view of the world and all its people in favor of demagogues who merely say what our egos' wish to hear. There is no strongman who will lead us to glory, no messiah to come save us, no rapture or revolution to fix everything. It is up to us, The People™, to figure out the issues within society collectively as they are. If the The People™ vote in a dictator then that is emblematic of the perceptions of power within our society, something that a dictator would not be able to change.

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

Opera_Snapshot_2024-01-20_221210_vote8.c

I thought i missed just one day, turns out i missed two.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

as.png?ex=65bf71b6&is=65acfcb6&hm=1c7b82

She looks so out of place. But, eh. I do rather like her, it's not like I'm voting someone I care absolutely nothing about.

Ah shit I didn't vote.

I don't even play Heroes, I just like voting for things.

10 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Ah shit I didn't vote.

I don't even play Heroes, I just like voting for things.

Too bad.

Who would you have voted for?

1 hour ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Get kinda sad when you do finish one?

You like the world and don’t want the magic to end. That’s a sign of the best games IMHO. That’s what FE7 did for me when first got into it

I've noticed it tends to get amplified by slice-of-life stuff for me, which is what Atelier falls into.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ruben's going full "fuck them kids" mode.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Too bad.

Who would you have voted for?

Hold on, let me look through all 800 Fire Emblem characters to remind myself of the ones I liked...

Uhhhh...

Portrait_reyson_fe10.png

• Knows the pains of colonial trauma
  • Hot

FEF_Mikoto_01.png

• The Mikoto restoration

FEF_Reina_01.png

• One of the very few mature female characters who actually looks mature and battle worn
  • Mikoto's wife

Portrait_fiona_fe10.png

• Looks like me
  • That's probably why I gravitated towards her so much because I can't even remember a line she says in that game

FEE_Rosado_portrait.png

• I have never played this game
  • But he's hot

FETH_Dorothea.png

• She is a spectre haunting the world
  • She has a world to win

FETH_Edelgard_05.png

• Hresgvelgist-Hannemanism

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Radiata_Stories_SLUS-21262_2024012116073

…Wow, just wow.

34 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

PGRgCcnd4rwV.png

31 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

PGRgCcnd4rwV.png

Aw, that's cute, heh.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

A republic certainly has a bigger safety net typically. Bad president? 4 years to vote em' out and the lasting effects being much easier to work out in the long run. Bad monarch? The span of a lifetime or more and the effects lasting for several more after the fact, again, Russia.

True, and it's important to remember the opposite stays true. Good effects can also be as easily reversed if the ruler is changed faster, or the rest of the government body. It's the pros and cons of the length of rulership.

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

But regardless, in any democracy there must be an opportunity to shift at large the general mindset of The People™  There is the political revolution where we change how power is distributed and there is the social revolution where we change how power is perceived. By laying it fully within the hands of the state and trusting that he leader shall do everything we wish to do without a second thought, we have given up our autonomy, our willingness to understand. Thrown away our material view of the world and all its people in favor of demagogues who merely say what our egos' wish to hear. There is no strongman who will lead us to glory, no messiah to come save us, no rapture or revolution to fix everything. It is up to us, The People™, to figure out the issues within society collectively as they are. If the The People™ vote in a dictator then that is emblematic of the perceptions of power within our society, something that a dictator would not be able to change.

And that's basically what it boils down to at the end of the day. It's the people who make or break the system. We need to change first, if we are to change the system, any system, into something that can actually work.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ruben's going full "fuck them kids" mode.

I also found a ghost child wandering around. Just, the straight up goddamned ghost of a child, casually wandering about the castle.

I kicked her too. Her living friend called the guards on me.

I don't even accomplish anything by getting into these fights, even when I win them, but I'm fucking loving kicking everyone and seeing how they react. Best way to encourage grinding, perhaps?

30 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Knows the pains of colonial trauma

I actually was thinking of Rafiel, but yeah, I figured a heron would get a vote from you. And Reyson's the coolest of them, so it stands to reason it should be him!

31 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Hot

lol

One of the very few mature female characters who actually looks mature and battle worn

Preach.

Looks like me

Ohhhh that's so cool! I don't think I have a FE deadringer. Closest thing is like...

Small_portrait_kostas_fe16.png

This guy, and that's "closest" relatively speaking because he's not even close. He's what I'll look like in about 4 years

32 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:
  • I have never played this game
  • But he's hot

lol

32 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Hresgvelgist-Hannemanism

17 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

…Wow, just wow.

You know, I somehow feel you'd like this game.

I mean, you play as a teenager and the story is pretty lighthearted so far, but you can kick children.

26 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

oqarayhl9sdc1.jpg

Yeah you know, she's a pretty silly bean. What kind of doctor does this? Kid's bones are broken and she just goes and crushes him with her herculean strength.

...envy

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You know, I somehow feel you'd like this game.

I mean, you play as a teenager and the story is pretty lighthearted so far, but you can kick children.

What you get up to in your own spare time is between your saints and you.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What kind of doctor does this?

just because she's an anime nun doesn't mean she knows how to use staves 😛

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...envy

📸

Okay, time for the Secret Scenario I unlocked in SRW V.

Well, first, the optional choice to get a quick introduction of the new recruits from the other route split... unsurprisingly, Zambot 3 is post-script. *sigh* As a curious choice, SRW V decided to go on a... bittersweet approach. Like, only like half the characters that died in the anime did so here too. Considering the death list includes 2/3'rd of the Zambot Team itself (well, 3/4 if you count the dog)... no surprises they are among the still-living.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...envy

I thought you were the "step on me" type, not "bone-crushing hug" one.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Anyway, the secret scenarios itself is for... unlocking Black Mightgaine. Just like in T. Well, Black Mightgaine is a consistent secret in the VTX trilogy, as it were.

23 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

just because she's an anime nun doesn't mean she knows how to use staves 😛

She has a medkit. She's trying to doctor, even if she's not doctor or can doctor at all.

22 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I thought you were the "step on me" type, not "bone-crushing hug" one.

I'm not a fictional character. I am a real human bean, multi-faceted, dimensional. Like, got at least three character traits.

22 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

You’re like an open book today Rubenio.

Am I ever not?

I wish Dark Souls Remastered wasn't the only game of that series on the Switch.

People call Anor Londo the halfway point of the game. But honestly, while Lost Izalith is so unfinished that it feels like a joke, the rest of the remainder of the game is not really worth playing either. Most certainly not worth replaying.

Game might as well end after Ornstein and Smough. Everything afterwards is just a chore to sit through.

Edited by BrightBow

It's a good thing unlocking the secret scenarios is all that's needed. If there was an additional step to do in the scenario itself... well, unlocking them would already be the hardest part, anyway. Right now my focus is getting Ruri and Judau to become Aces (60 Score, or 50 with the Proud Ace skill), and Sosuke to reach 40 Score.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

f45V2dN.jpg

À propos de rien: The visual effect of the rather basic Weakness spell looks really dramatic on a bear.

(The anime defenders will be happy to hear that the spell was cast by a cat that turned out to be a tiddy demon, even though this is not a Japanese, or even anime-inspired, game.)
(DA:O isn't permanently horny, but it tends to be rather silly when it is)
(the silly part here isn't so much that the cat is, or rather is possessed by, a Desire Demon, it's that Desire Demons are invariably very hornily designed tiddy demons even though they prey on a variety of desires, not just sexual. Like, Kitty is ensnaring a presumably lonely child by being her Talking Animal Best Friend; for another child, the desire is to cure his deathly ill father; and even an adult man is controlled by yet another Desire Demon by making hallucinate a very cliché happy family life.)

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm not a fictional character. I am a real human bean, multi-faceted, dimensional. Like, got at least three character traits.

Very true. I was shocked when I saw that only one of your character votes went to a beardman, and only two had grey hair (Izana's more like white-blonde, right? In any case, I'd say he's 30-ish if I had to guess). That means that there's at least three character traits that you approve of!

Huh, interesting. The Asian Mafia seems to be the only baddie faction of Might Gaine to not use human pilots. Just AI. A shame. I did liked the way it was varied. Wolfgang Subordinates, Pink Cats, Shadow Army Soldiers... and AI. Yeah.

Edited by Acacia Sgt