Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Chuggaconroy got accused of sexual harassment but it's not adding up. 

Is this one of those "i'm jealous of your success, so i want to tear you down" kind of issues? Lol

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That was Combattler, not Voltes, heh.

I was writing that past one in the morning.😅

Also, on the Banpresto Original matter, I checked Akurasu. Looks Akimi and Akemi (male's name) share the Soul Saber in MD. The Soul Saber is the lone survivor of the legal issues massacre that took out the Soul Gunner and its upgrade, plus every Gadisword commander's unit, possibly even including the final boss (I didn't read the full description). To give Akimi and Akemi slightly different units, they swap main-sub positions based on which frame is being used. Fighter Fast (FF) or Gunner Guard (GG). The Fighter Guard and Gunner Fast frames were removed, and TBF they're kinda redundant. I presume now that Fairey becomes a second sub-pilot when the Saber Booster is added to make it the Super SS.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Finally, the rise of Lichtenstein World Power.

Lichenstein is German for "bright stone". Where else should the light shine that'll save the world?

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Chuggaconroy got accused of sexual harassment but it's not adding up. 

I mean, I don't see how it's not. He admitted to doing it. The fact that seemingly nobody could care less and would prefer Emily had stayed quiet and never revealed this side of him is a different matter entirely.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also, there's something that doesn't quite convince me here. Do we really have proof that it was all resolved months ago? He just casually said that in his response. When Emily said that she had spoken to "other women" and they too expressed concerns about him, everyone piled up on her and demanded proof of it. Now everyone's just instantly accepting Chugga's claim that it was resolved months ago, even though it is equally as unproven? We don't know if this is true. He could just be saying that to damage her credibility.

He corroborated the statement about how he has apparently done this to others before too so as far as that goes, I think that's proof enough.

The key takeaway here is that he doesn't deny any of it. He understands that regardless of his intent or the lack of one, he hurt someone and he took steps to fix that. All while saying not to harass Emily and reasonably understanding if people don't want to support him anymore. Like to me, this reads like an actual apology from someone who has reflected. It doesn't read like someone trying to damage credibility. Compare that to The Completionist, who got caught money laundering a decade's worth of charity donations and his whole apology was basically just shifting blame.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was writing that past one in the morning.😅

Also, on the Banpresto Original matter, I checked Akurasu. Looks Akimi and Akemi (male's name) share the Soul Saber in MD. The Soul Saber is the lone survivor of the legal issues massacre that took out the Soul Gunner and its upgrade, plus every Gadisword commander's unit, possibly even including the final boss (I didn't read the full description). To give Akimi and Akemi slightly different units, they swap main-sub positions based on which frame is being used. Fighter Fast (FF) or Gunner Guard (GG). The Fighter Guard and Gunner Fast frames were removed, and TBF they're kinda redundant. I presume now that Fairey becomes a second sub-pilot when the Saber Booster is added to make it the Super SS.

Hmm, curious. Maybe Soul Saber was the least problematic to turn into something passable in OGverse. Like the EX-bein. Or maybe it's Super Robot bias for SUPER ROBOT Wars? XD

I had looked up, and yes, Fairey becomes a second sub-pilot.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

would prefer Emily had stayed quiet and never revealed this side of him is a different matter entirely

It's not that for me

It's how she worded it and didn't mention quite a few important details

Like the fact that it was (apparently) resolved

Or that he stopped after she told him to stop/withdrew consent

The way she has shown the case at first made it seem like he continued the rp after she told him to stop.

I am not surprised people are going "???" atm.

The waters are muddled atm and the way she was being quite unclear doesn't help matters. One should be quite clear with stuff like this

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

He corroborated the statement about how he has apparently done this to others before too so as far as that goes, I think that's proof enough.

The key takeaway here is that he doesn't deny any of it. He understands that regardless of his intent or the lack of one, he hurt someone and he took steps to fix that. All while saying not to harass Emily and reasonably understanding if people don't want to support him anymore. Like to me, this reads like an actual apology from someone who has reflected. It doesn't read like someone trying to damage credibility. Compare that to The Completionist, who got caught money laundering a decade's worth of charity donations and his whole apology was basically just shifting blame.

I'm inclined to believe the apology may be genuine, it's the reaction of people I take issue with. But I suppose that was to be expected. There's nothing that strikes as much fear in the heart of the average internet-goer as the idea of their internet funnyman possibly being a flawed human being that has done bad things before.

Which is relevant because, from what I understand of this and conversations I've had elsewhere about the topic, Emily's intent wasn't to damage his career, much less "cancel" him (cancel culture is a huge ineffectual meme anyway but that's another topic), but rather make it publicly known that this "wholesome bean with only green flags" does, in fact, have red flags.

Perhaps the lesson people should draw from the continued appearance of cases like this is that worshipping celebrities as if they were perfect saints that can do no wrong is profoundly stupid and potentially harmful. Though I'm afraid that's a pipe dream and a half.

1 hour ago, Lightcosmo said:

It seemed most responses mentioned that both parties were acting fairly responsibly. 

Really? I didn't look super deep into the thread, but from what I could see there was a... roughly 40/60 split between "mature apology, I wish you luck improving yourself" and "I'm so happy you're trying to better yourself, the fact that it was already resolved proves Emily was only out to cancel you." Which is rather lame, I'll say. But well, perhaps I'm not looking in the right places.

37 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

It's not that for me

It's how she worded it and didn't mention quite a few important details

Like the fact that it was (apparently) resolved

Or that he stopped after she told him to stop/withdrew consent

The way she showed the case at first made it seem like he continued the rp after she told him to stop.

I am not surprised people are going "???" atm.

The waters are muddled atm and the way she was being quite unclear doesn't help matters

Wait, wasn't the whole point that he didn't stop? He even says so himself, even after she had already gotten so sick of his shit that she ghosted him he kept going.

It is true that she was vague about it, though. Initially she didn't even say who it was that harrassed her. Looking back at her first twit, it seems like she saw him being lauded online as a perfect paragon of virtue - as celebrities tend to be, y'know - got frustrated and made a statement in the heat of the moment. Then when replies began to pour in she realized she'd opened Pandora's box and decided to elaborate and just get it all out for the world to see.

Still, at this point I don't think there's much room for discussion on that front. She said he harrassed her and he has admitted to it. She said she heard similar stories from other women and he has admitted to this as well ("I have done and said similar things in years past with other people."). And that's basically all that's been said, summing it up. I don't see the muddled waters there, the statements seem to align rather neatly.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

On an unrelated note

New trailer for this dropped.

We've gone full cricle now. Way back in the SNES days they changed her victory animations in Super Mario Kart so she didn't drink from her bottle.

Now she has gotten the bottle back.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

wasn't the whole point that he didn't stop? He even says so himself, even after she had already gotten so sick of his shit that she ghosted him he kept going

To quote him

It took me longer than it should have to take the hint that something was wrong when you cut contact with me. I shouldn’t have assumed you were just busy with traveling and that things were fine. I only began putting it together when the silence continued. I pestered you for too long and I apologize for doing so.
When you communicated this to me privately a few months ago, I apologized to you directly and promised I would never repeat this kind of behavior again with anyone else. Once you shared how I made you feel, it was a huge wake-up call and I immediately sought professional help through therapy

So he didn't stop after the ghosting - didn't take a hint (not an excuse), but he did stop after she told him to stop.

That's a pretty big thing to not mention in her initial statement

Then when replies began to pour in she realized she'd opened Pandora's box and decided to elaborate and just get it all out for the world to see.

even after that, it wasn't really clear

She said she heard similar stories from other women and he has admitted to this as well ("I have done and said similar things in years past with other people.").

It's a matter of consent, at the end - some were fine, some weren't

ofc, that's his statement - so beware bias

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

14 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Hopefully Detective Peach follows Hat Kid's example and can accuse herself of murder.

She just stands there with soulless eyes and a cold smile. Truly the face of a murderer.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

On an unrelated note

New trailer for this dropped.

We've gone full cricle now. Way back in the SNES days they changed her victory animations in Super Mario Kart so she didn't drink from her bottle.

Now she has gotten the bottle back.

So this may have lined up with some leaks I just found out today

Spoiler

20240123_120545.jpg?ex=65c266fb&is=65aff

>FE4 remake

No no no no no no

>Oracle remakes

Yes yes yes yes yes

Assuming it's true of course.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

>FE4 remake

No no no no no no

I mean, we already knew this. The leaker who was correct about... basically 95% of what they said about Engage also said FE4 remake. At this point anyone who doesn't understand this is what we're getting next is in denial.

Anyway, looks like the Switch really is Remaster Central at this point. Guess it's just going to gather dust on my mantle for the rest of time, then. Well, it was a decent run. Got more use out of it than my other consoles, at least. Minus perhaps the Wii, but that's because my mom pirated the Wii lol

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, we already knew this. The leaker who was correct about... basically 95% of what they said about Engage also said FE4 remake. At this point anyone who doesn't understand this is what we're getting next is in denial.

I genuinely forgot about that bit. But damn that's essentially three years of Fire Emblem releases if true. 2022: Three Hopes. 2023: Engage. 2024: the worst ga-i mean FE4 remake.

18 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

1 year later, still a banger

17 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

What happened to Sombro

I put poison in his mutton

If only the Emperor were so merciful.

Episode 34-

• Begins by going back one month at Giganos, Dorchenov pleas to Marshall Guiltorre to use the Mass Driver ...and sign the treaty with the Interstellar Alliance. Guiltorre  refuses to damage the Earth as per Metal Armor Dragonar, and shows wariness towards the aliens, wanting Meio to report back to him on them first. Dorchenov can't take this, pulls out the gun, Guiltorre says only Meio could succeed him, he gets shot and killed. 
    • Meio was NOT around it seems, or it at least the flashback cut before he walks in on the fresh crime, that differs from A, which I assume was faithful to MAD. But Meio still got blamed for the murder and was banished, obviously still alive somewhere.
    • Move back to the present Gon Jem then walks in on Dorchenov. IIRC Jem was killed in China I think by the time of Dorchenov's coup in A. Here, he knows who the real murderer is, and has used that blackmail leverage to split Giganos with Dorc'. Dorc' rules in space, Earth military operations are exclusively Jem's to decide.
  • GC Original stuff- Akimi's dad and the mechanic guy discuss to each other their original intents not to make weapons of war, and present work on unmanned weapons. Akimi's dad likes saving human lives, but AI doesn't have super robot spirit.
  • Things shift then to Chongqing where the factories are churning out Mobile Suits (GMs), Metal Armors (Dragoons), and SPTs (Dolls).
  • Quattro decides to take Kamille (willing) and Judau (unwilling) on some training + patrol duties.
  • The SPT trio plus Dr. Elizabeth discuss Doll production, and as per the secret, I am given the choice of two new Layzners. One resembling the old, one with a flight mode. I had intended to choose the Enhanced Layzner and then compare, but Eiji it turns out doesn't deploy right away on the next map, so I reset and picked the Layzner Mk. II.
    • In J, the choice between the Layzners was framed as power (Enhanced) vs. speed (Mk. II), and they were merely tuneups of the existing unit, not improved copies. -Although the Mk. was both stronger and faster.
    • Looking at the stats, with maxed Mobility, the Mk. II has 13 more Mobility than the base Layzner, and V-Maximum provides +2 Move and +20 Mobility instead of half of that as it had been. It gets even more of both with the Flight Mode. Weapons are slightly stronger, and a MAP V-Maximum is available, but Layzner is still low on firepower for a lead's ultimate machine. Mk. II also loses a part slot, making it the only unit I have with room for just one part.
    • While ending with the statement "This did not appear in the TV show, the details are unknown", the Mk. II's profile at least tried to invent an ingame explanation for its creation- a way to challenge and overcome Le Cain and his V-MAX Red.
  • Akimi and Fairey are waiting to go on patrol after Quattro and co. but they get noticed by Professor Plato, Meio's father, who I don't recall appearing in AP. He designed the Dragoons and wants to show them to somebody, as the Dragonar pilots went off to town. Fairey apparently knows him, having met him at a tech/engineering/research conference and they get along well. The Dragoons are externally finished, though they need to finish working on inputting combat data into the internals or something. The alarm then starts sounding.
  • Quattro, Kamille and Judau are already out and therefore choose to attack the Giganos forces (in the map's southeast). As I had reset to reselect my Layzner choice, I went back and fitted this trio with Dustproofs, Biosensors, I threw the Sniper skill part on Judau and Hit & Away on Quattro. While I destroyed some enemies with impeccable dodgetanking, I slowly worked on crippling a bunch for when the White Base arrived, because why not?
  • Three NPC Dragoons deployed on turn 2, they had no real combat experience, but the pilots were eager. Akimi deployed I believe on the turn afterwards, and I moved her towards the northeast where enemy reinforcements would arrive. On turn 4 I believe, the Gon Jem Squad landed in that area, two more Dragoons deployed, but Jem saw through their inexperienced and slaughtered all five. Perhaps the turn after that, the Dragonars deployed.
  • Then it's the White Base's turn to show up after that. I left Amuro on the bench (the RX-78-2/3 are showing their age), but brought Chris and Daba for faster crippling, which was hindered by most enemies having Support now and redirected attacks always hit the Body if possible. Akimi with a little help from Dancouga one or two others took out the Gon Jem Squad.
  • Gandor appeared a turn or two after the White Base.
    • After the battle, it was stated the Gandor is done with its tuneup (some upgrades Shinobu finds boring, like more capacity for support ships) and is ready to join the White Base as a single fleet on coming missions.
  • And like the turn after the Gandor, more southeastern enemies. Zeon, Rakan, the Purus (Judau had a special conversation with Puru but not Two -totally unnecessary for their eventual recruitment), and... "Desert Rommel"?🤨 Quattro strangely had a special convo with the turbaned man before OHKOing him with a crit from the 'Buster.
    • I chose to take a few Zeon units too, including two Gouf Customs, one of which I shall keep in honor of Norris who oddly couldn't join in this game. Gouf Customs can be converted into Bio Sensors, which is a real nice surprise. Maybe I shouldn't be farming Magnetic Coats.
  • After crushing all the Metal Armors and Zeon units, an unexpected wave of additional enemies. Robot Empire grunts to the south, the Zarl Empire's general Voider and his books in the north. Barring the Gradosians, this is all of the expansionist elements of the Interstellar Alliance attacking in this battle.
  • Eiji then deployed, it took a while to transfer Rei into the new Layzner, though Full-On (J) (called "Fouron" here in GC) was the real concern.
  • Kouji really wanted to help, so he defied Sayaka & Boss's wishes and jumped into Mazinkaiser at the same time Eiji deployed. Clearly he can't fully control it yet, Kouji feels a tingling in his head and accidentally hit friendlies with a Rust Tornado. But he'll work on it. Mazinkaiser is Mazinkaiser, it's good gameplay-wise, if very EN hungry.
  • Staying hidden, Shapiro, Deathgaia and Regianne are watching the battle. Deathgaia wants to attack, Shapiro forbids it. Let the Interstellar Alliance win this fight, they'll be vulnerable afterwards and the Extradimensional Union can killsteal China.
    • After the battle however, Shapiro isn't surprised by the Earthlings' victory, they're a tenacious bunch. Best now to withdraw the Union forces from the Earth surface and let the Alliance and Federation fight each other. Shapiro and Regianne somewhere in the conversation happily exchange psychotic laughs and Deathgaia thinks to himself in surprise how well those two go together.
  • With all enemies destroyed, everyone is congratulated for an important victory today. The Dragonar trio meet Professor Plato and get their Custom upgrades -he was going to give it to them before the battle, but they foolishly weren't around. They also meet their girlfriends dressed in Federation uniforms and talk and Prof. Plato states they'll be part of their support team.
    • Dragonar-2 Custom keeps the Supply Module in this game, it lost it in AP (probably because of A).
    • The Dragonar team has been almost unshakeably willing to fight in this game. They barely complained at the start about their (bad) luck, and didn't seriously try leaving the military as in AP.
  • A meeting is then held. As the Federation builds up its army, the White Base & Gandor's next mission will be the Americas. New resistance groups are springing up everywhere from North to South, find them, meet them, give them supplies and GMs/Dragoons/Dolls. There was mention of going into space, but this American venture comes first.

It looks like things are promising for the heroes.😄

BTW @Acacia Sgt , is it unusual for this to be the Zeta Gundam bgm?:

It's not what they used in 30 and AP, I think?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I genuinely forgot about that bit. But damn that's essentially three years of Fire Emblem releases if true. 2022: Three Hopes. 2023: Engage. 2024: the worst ga-i mean FE4 remake.

If you want to count Three Hopes. I don't. Fuck that game, it didn't have playable Hanneman.

Anyway, we can expect a draugh for a few years now. Considering Hopes is arguably not even FE, Engage is the mainline and FE4 is the remake. How long was between Echoes and Houses, again?

Reveal hidden contents

20240123_120545.jpg?ex=65c266fb&is=65aff

>FE4 remake

No no no no no no

>Oracle remakes

Yes yes yes yes yes

May's my new deadline then.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Perhaps the lesson people should draw from the continued appearance of cases like this is that worshipping celebrities as if they were perfect saints that can do no wrong is profoundly stupid and potentially harmful. Though I'm afraid that's a pipe dream and a half.

I dont know of that is the person in questions fault, though.

Nevermind. Giving magic the property of ignoring defense does not actually work.

The battle preview displays it as if it does, but in actuality the enemy's magic is still subtracted from the damage.

A bit unfortunate.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

>FE4 remake

No no no no no no

for me it depends

is it a faithful remake?

Meh

More a reimagination? Hell yes

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

debunked on reddit