Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I reloaded several turns, but there was not a save I had where in I could do a move that would keep everyone alive, someone had to die.

Well there might have been one but after 37 retries I couldn't be bothered at that point.

Oof.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What's funny is that Friege as a family is opposed to the child hunts (well not Hilda) but when having to choose between the side that eats babies and the side that doesn't, they choose the former.

It's all a mess honestly.

Food for thought. It's quite likely that the Empire would've fractured into Civil War as the people opposing the rising Loptrian-related policies continued to clash with those that supported it.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

What's funny is that Friege as a family is opposed to the child hunts (well not Hilda) but when having to choose between the side that eats babies and the side that doesn't, they choose the former.

something something moral grayness

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Food for thought. It's quite likely that the Empire would've fractured into Civil War as the people opposing the rising Loptrian-related policies continued to clash with those that supported it.

That's...... that's what happened.

Spoiler

Prior to Julius becoming the Antichrist, the Granvale empire was actually loved and respected. Arvis had succeeded in bringing his golden age. But when Julius and Manfory took control, that's when everything changed.

Would the Liberation Army exist if the Loptrian stuff didn't happen? Leif would likely be leading his own army to free Manster from Thracia but other than that, the continent-wide war maybe wouldn't have happened. 

Screenshot_2024-01-25-13-57-15-47_4a5eb6

I lose nothing by trying the Atelier gacha so might as well take a look.

Animation quality is actually pretty damn good and cute, which makes me sad that this is not a console game.

Everything else I don't know because the tutorial segment takes 10 hours. Shalliestera (black haired girl in the pic) is your freebie.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's...... that's what happened.

Hide contents

Prior to Julius becoming the Antichrist, the Granvale empire was actually loved and respected. Arvis had succeeded in bringing his golden age. But when Julius and Manfory took control, that's when everything changed.

Would the Liberation Army exist if the Loptrian stuff didn't happen? Leif would likely be leading his own army to free Manster from Thracia but other than that, the continent-wide war maybe wouldn't have happened. 

Spoiler

I'm not referring to Seliph's uprising. I mean actual Empire elements turning on each other.

Though yes, without the Loptrian stuff, Seliph would not gain as much support. A lot of people likely still thought bad of Sigurd and only changed their tune once the Loptrianstuff came to light. At most, Isaach and Lief would stand by him, but who knows who else would.

Well if we do get an FE 4 remake I can’t wait for all the endless memes about Sigurd getting burned to death. Emperor knows it’s so damn funny!!! 

Somebody pass me more whisky.

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

43 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

This a bit harsh.

And how else would you describe spending real money on gambling for characters in a game that's going to exist for 3 months and then disappear forever and leave its playerbase with absolutely nothing? I don't know man, if someone's going to stoop to those levels they might as well grab some notes and burn them.

7 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Feels a bit like the mouth fell victim to image compression.

CanWvvUUUAAaNLw?format=jpg&name=large

https://twitter.com/berblem/status/696323733854662657

The mouth went where Paragon went when she reached level 10 lol

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And how else would you describe spending real money on gambling for characters in a game that's going to exist for 3 months and then disappear forever and leave its playerbase with absolutely nothing? I don't know man, if someone's going to stoop to those levels they might as well grab some notes and burn them.

I wouldn't? They are free to do as they please with their money, same as you and I. In the end, it IS a choice.

Sub-Episode 38

• Shiro orders a few ZZ kids to do some loading of stuff before they launch into space, nothing much. Then, Amuro is working on some training simulations, when Quattro swings by and says Full Armor parts have arrived for the RX-78-2 Gundam. Yes they’ll add bulk and decrease mobility, but Amuro can use them if he wants, depending on the situation, read the manual if wants to know how to add them.
    • The Full Armor Gundam -where was this 20 scenarios ago?🤨 The 360mm Cannon has the same 3000 power of the Hyper Hammer, sure it can hit airborne enemies and has a longer range, but it has a mere 4 ammo. The Full Armor might even prevent the Operation V combination attack from being used, lowering Amuro’s already lacking for this late firepower. It’s a novelty and nothing more.
  • Akimi also has a quick chat with Jinpuu, the Best Heavy Industries mechanic guy, just a quick fixing of the Soul Saber. And Jinpuu then speaks a word with Akimi’s dad.
  • Oh yes, the battle. The alarm sounds, the White Base deploys. It’s a bunch of leaderless Zeon-Giganos forces. Shiro demands to know why they don’t surrender when their main forces have returned to space. Yet the Zeon-Giganos forces answer Shiro zealously, as if that weren’t the case, convinced they shall lay the groundwork for the conquest of the Earth by killing as many as they can.
  • I capture a bunch of the Gouf Customs for more Bio-Sensors. And then reinforcements arrive from the north, Grados remnants attacking in my already-engaged troops in hopes of acquiring supplies. Cut off from their distant home world, it’s quite sad seeing them here.
  • The post-battle blurb is brief, just Shiro and Aina talking about why soldiers fight. Not sure what I would've gotten had I not recruited Aina.

Episode 39 (This is a lengthy synopsis.)

Spoiler
  • The title mentions the return of the Blue Hawk, so Meio should be back.
  • Some of the Federation upper brass assembled from the various licenses speak. The White Base has launched and is heading to rendezvous with the Earth Federation fleet that has depart from Luna II. Attacking the Moon wasn’t in the original space-reclamation plans; after which they’ll attack A Baoa Qu. The upper brass can’t do much for the heroes, but they’ll make sure they have a planet to return home to when they’re done.
  • The White Base approaches Watkein, the Federation fleet looks disheveled from afar, the White Bae thinking they might have been attacked. They weren’t, switching to the perspective of the fleet. It was intercepting Mass Driver projectiles, though they couldn’t destroy them all and some objects will have to be dealt with by the Earth’s interception systems. Looks like the Mass Driver has run of ammo, yet the Federation fleet wasn’t terribly injured by the bombardments, if left out of proper formation.
  • The Zeon-Giganos forces at the Mass Driver are then shown to be very panicked. They don’t have enough units, where is the fleet they need to save them? They try shooting anything at the descending heroes and Federation fleet via the Mass Driver, even if the Federation fleet is out of range. They’s so desperate one suggests firing scrap wood -like that wouldn’t disintegrate as it came out of the Driver?🙁 They don’t understand why their leaders insist on defending A Baoa Qu and acting as if they want to lose the Mass Driver. Yet the soldiers have been ordered to defend it to their last breaths.
  • The scene shifts to Muge, Regianne notes Shapiro’s plan to let the Federation and Zeon-Giganos fight each other for now. Shapiro then gets defensive and says he doesn’t need their troops aren’t following only her plans. He then says the three Muge generals are his underlings now, and that he doesn’t need her stratagems to win. Antagonism between people who have otherwise been friendly so far. Regianne decides to just watch, which the haughty Shapiro is fine with.
  • Approaching the Moon, Watkein explains the plan- the heroes plus other Federation troops will attack the Mass Driver, then a ground team will go in and secure it. Half the Federation fleet will be withheld to defend against attacks from A Baoa Qu.
  • The battlefield has me start in the northeast, two Salamis Kai battleships and some GMs and Dragoons deploy in the southeast. When one ship gets destroyed, Watkein sends in more GMs and another Salamis Kai. Interesting. The Zeon-Giganos forces include Gelgoogs, Chivvy battleships, and peculiarly, Apsalus IIs, three of them. Ap IIs only have a Head part, so they’re very easy to capture and sell for 7000 each or convert into a Large Generator, I capture half of them and turn them into Generators.
    • After I crush a bunch of the Mass Driver defenders, they send out more. Anything that can move they say. Amuro comments “You wouldn’t have to die if you just didn’t come out…!”. Other Gundam pilots -Quattro, Kamille, Emma and Chris- realize how desperate the Zeon-Giganos defenders are, how difficult it is to watch, and how they can’t lose focus against such a demoralized, pitiful enemy.
  • Once Zeon-Giganos forces are destroyed, the ground team is about to move in via newly-arrives Salamis Kai ships. The Zeon-Giganos inside prepare for ground combat. But the Muge Empire arrives and destroys the Salamis Kais and deploy their units in the southwest and southeast, captained by Helmut and Shapiro in battleships.
  • Shapiro speaks with Helmut- take the Mass Driver before the Federation can. The Mass Driver will become the new Extradimensional Union stronghold in the Earth Sphere. Helmut notices the White Base and Dancouga (mandatory deployment here with the Black Wing, I wonder what that means😄), which Shapiro claims to be worth several Fed fleets. Deathgaia is jealous of Helmut, who along with Gildorome are attacking the Federation fleet elsewhere.
    • Watkein reports to Bright, the Muge Empire is attacking them everywhere, he can no longer send in reinforcements. They alone shall have to protect the newly-taken Mass Driver.
  • A turn after Muge appears, to the northwest, the Meio and the Practice Squad show up. Meio asks them if they’re okay with serving one branded a traitor, and of course to him their loyalties lie. Meio’s goal here is one- to rescue the good men trapped in the Mass Driver base, apparently many of them were chosen for this place because their superiors disliked them.
  • Meio’s quartet reaches the Mass Driver, the Zeon-Giganos troops are surprised, concerned because Meio has been branded a murder, he tells them the truth and that the Mass Driver was never to be used. As he is the Blue Hawk and their literal savior in this case, the soldiers embrace his rescue effort, and heed his advice- if there is a shuttle around, get in it and launch it via the Mass Driver. He’ll cover their escape.
    • Bright notices the strangely-late Giganos reinforcements, but only Professor Plato specifically notices the Falguen MAFFU, which he is in disbelief about. They do nothing, Meio’s group are just NPCs.
  • After two turns pass from Meio’s arrival or when all present enemies are destroyed, the next bit of plot happens. I first did the former, but then reloaded just in case it meant missing out on something droppable. Shapiro showed surprise on his face for the first time when I sunk his ship. But, he says he’ll just watch for now.
  • The shuttle is launched, the White Base notices it, but Bright refuses to attack those who have no intention to fight. Meio and Practice have all run out of fuel and ammo, they couldn’t even leave the Moon now, so, with a smile on his face, Meio transmits a Giganos surrender signal. The White Base picks up on this, Meio’s family know what this means, Meio speaks to the White Base.
  • Meio begins with a warning- this base might explode soon. Gihren and Dorchenov made some kind of plan. They used and then abandoned the Mass Driver to to serve as bait for the Federation and Extradimensional Union. Bright sends a new order- get everyone needs to get away from here! The surrender is then accepted and Meio and Practice enter the heroes’ fielded battleship, to the disagreement of the Dragonar trio.
    • The battleship then takes one turn loading up on the ejected survivors from the sunken Federation mechs and ships of this operation. With a some quick repair and resupply done, Meio and Practice redeploy, as playable units. The Dragonar trio chat with their former enemies, but ofc it ends well, they’ll help secure the escape route. Meio as in A(P) gets a combination attack with Kaine.
  • Just as the heroes are about to begin their escape, Shapiro triggers another trap of his and surrounds the heroes to the northwest. Shapiro insists on destroying the White Base here, and tells Helmut he borrowed additional troops from Gilgonome and Deathgaia to make sure the heroes couldn’t escape.
    • The White Base tries warning the Muge army about the possibility that the Mass Driver might explode. But they ignore this transmission, possibly thinking it a bluff, since they have the serious advantage here.
  • Alan offers to clear the way for the White Base. However, Shinobu and others, having read Helmut’s bio page, realize Alan is considering his canon suicide attack on the Moon. They see him go into Aggressive Beast Mode, they tell him martyrdom ain’t the answer, the Cyber Beast Force insists they’ll clear the way.
    • A strange flash of light occurs as the animal instincts are embraced by the CBF + Alan. And afterwards, Professor Hazuki explains the five wills became one, thus creating Final Dancouga. A swing of Dancoukogaken (or “Dancouga Light Fang Sword” as GC translates it -yet they leave "Kai" as Kai and don’t turn into “Custom”) eliminates a few of the enemies Shapiro has deployed. Shapiro is caught off guard by Dancouga, but this can’t possibly ruin his impeccables tactics he consoles himself.
    • Final Dancouga has no Aggressive Beast Change attack just as the vanilla unit didn't, splitting the Dan in 3D would've been too much effort methinks. Final Dan in GC loses the Dancou Cannon and Dancou Cannon Formation attacks, but gains Dancoukogaken both single-target and MAP versions. The S Ground is traded for S Air too.
  • After this, I either have to get the allied battleship (I wish GC let me deploy both instead of just one) to the northwest corner, or I rout the remaining enemies. I do the latter of course.
    • The White Base begins to take off, but Shapiro finally rushes out in his Desire and clings on to the White Base. Final Dancouga moves in to yank the Desire off, and accidentally opens the cockpit hatch. At last, Sara’s hunch is confirmed- Shapiro is with Muge. Sara ignores her former lover’s claims she is just a cog in a literal machine, and she and Shinobu insist they’ll shoot him.
  • Things abruptly shift to the post-battle. Shapiro gets knocked off the White Base by Shinobu and Sara somehow, but wasn’t killed. He then watches in utter shock the Mass Drive blow up. General Helmut’s selene death now comes not from Alan, but the exploding lunar base.
    • The Federation showing Watkein again is caught off guard, any troops left on the surface are now pretty much dead, things cut as a generic officer warns about incoming shockwaves and debris.
    • Back to Muge, Shapiro, with an… ellipsis, admits that the plan failed, Helmut died in the explosion. Saying this to the other two Muge generals, Shapiro and Gilgonome decide to withdraw for now, so as to not play into what Zeon-Giganos desires. And Shapiro still insists they’ve dealt the Federation a serious blow.
  • Watkein talks with Bright again, the latter saying they barely managed to escape. Watkein states a lot of damage was taken, but they’ll reorganize the fleet and continue as planned. A Baoa Qu is next. They need to take it out before they head back into deep space.
    • Meio then gets a word with Practice, they just suffered a defeat, but they swear to vanquish Dorchenov.
  • The assortment of characters (including those who have had basically no non-combat lines) from the Interstellar Alliance part of the galaxy then talk about attacking the impregnable A Baoa Qu. The last message they received from Edon was from a month ago, before the Seal of Grados was activated, it said the Interstellar Alliance pressure on Edon is growing. It ought to be even worse now. Again the point is made- finish things here so the J9 Trilogy + Daiohja + Daltanious + L-Gaim characters can save their star systems!
  • An unexpected scene between Kamile and Four follows. Kamille worries about her health, being a Cyber-Newtype makes her fatigue easier, but Four says that kind of worry plus his own fighting fatigue is bad for Kamille. When Four leaves, Lalah tells Kamille not to pursue and respect what efforts Four tries to make to do something helpful.
  • Lastly, Gihren launches a propaganda broadcast from A Baoa Qu, claiming that both the Earth Federation and Extradimensional Union have lost half their fleets. The Federation fleet nonetheless approaches, and Gihren insists such a weak group could not possibly take A Baoa Qu.🤣

This a delightfully serious mission, wasn't it?😄 The Space Fascist actually did something smart. But it was a scorched earth play, and you can't burn down a forest twice in immediate succession. Shapiro's aura of tactical godhood has been shattered too, albeit not as badly as it would've been had the heroes escaped sooner and the Muge Empire walked into the Mass Driver just as the timer hit zero. And my heart goes out to the Zeon-Giganos peons left to die, wonderfully-written cries of the doomed.

-Obviously, Giganos has no Mobile Fortress here, else it would've been mentioned by now. Though it would be pretty boring without a Devil Gundam to assimilate it anyhow. They could've used the Mobile Fortress instead of A Baoa Qu, but the SRW that spent almost unbrokenly the first 20 chapters on the One-Year War, will have a battle at A Baoa Qu, even if it isn't the Battle of A Baoa Qu.😆

Fun fun fun.😁

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I guess. Also at least for Mazin-FMP, there was an actual partnership there, no? The terrorists working/hired for Dr. Hell.

Correct. And the Tekkoryu hired the Arm Slave terrorists as well and worked with Dr. Hell. The Tekkoryu have no minions of their own after all, they need allies for gameplay purposes if are to show up in SRW. It's a bunch of Arm Slaves that serve as their grunts in the HPZ final battle.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Hey if you didn't get your fill of pointless quizzes with that test I shared before. How about the hard mode?

https://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/109531/every-fire-emblem-character

All FE playable characters, plus the weirder ones like postgame characters, temporary joiners and capturable bosses. And Heroes. Now that's the real hard mode.

quiz.png?ex=65c553a5&is=65b2dea5&hm=72f9

Worse percentage than the first time around, funnily enough. I did better in all the mainline games, and stuff like postgame, trial map and extra chapter characters boosted my score a ton, but Heroes really hurt me. I didn't even get Veronica lol

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The post-battle blurb is brief, just Shiro and Aina talking about why soldiers fight. Not sure what I would've gotten had I not recruited Aina.

I'm pretty sure Aina is a mandatory recruit, actually. Since she defecting is something that happens in the OVA's. It's the Apsalus II that tends to be the secret. It was the same in A. Aina joins no matter what, but you need to unlock keeping the Apsalus II.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Correct. And the Tekkoryu hired the Arm Slave terrorists as well and worked with Dr. Hell. The Tekkoryu have no minions of their own after all, they need allies for gameplay purposes if are to show up in SRW. It's a bunch of Arm Slaves that serve as their grunts in the HPZ final battle.

Yeah, it's something of a standard practice. If a series has no grunt units, then they'll use another series', or get inserted into other events.

Clearly how Mario Kart was always meant to be played.

On 1/23/2024 at 10:23 PM, Armagon said:

It's also the first foreign film to get a Best Visuals nom at the Oscars.

Oh yeah, that's true. It's also the first Godzilla movie to get nominated for anything.

(Note the Godzilla figures also watching the TV)

It makes me wonder if Minus One's unexpected international success will make Toho approach its next Godzilla film differently; it'll probably get a bigger marketing push, at least. I'd like a proper Godzilla vs. Rodan if Toho makes another versus movie anytime soon.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

This might just be the single worst tweet of all time.

I agree, she didn't even say anything about The Super Mario Bros. Movie.

6 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Goddamn, Square Enix would be impressed by the speed with which this is shut down.
I mean, announcing the end of a "life service" before it's even launched got to be a new record.

I enjoy the end-of-service any% speedrun, though technically any cancelled game would have that record because they ended before they actually released.

I'm still kind of mad that BlazBlue got a gacha that took three years to make, and then it got shut down in less than a year and now the series is dead.

8 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Clearly how Mario Kart was always meant to be played.

This is somehow less motion sickness inducing.

10 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

it'll probably get a bigger marketing push, at least.

They'll also look to extending showtimes. Originally I think it was just planned for a week.

11 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm still kind of mad that BlazBlue got a gacha that took three years to make, and then it got shut down in less than a year and now the series is dead.

How does a fighting game get killed by a gacha?

27 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Meanwhile, the time Iwata cut off his own pay during the terrible launch of the Wii U years ago stands out even more.

Notice how all these layoffs are happening in the West.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J190.png'

What do I do with this guy anyways.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J191.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J193.png

Sorry, I cut you off.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J194.png

That was incredibly easy. I sent Alec down to grab the wingblade thing for nothing.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J195.png

This scenario feels very familiar.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J197.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J198.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J199.png

Is it a fetish or does Kaga just not know how to write interesting conflicts for individual missions, because that's the vibe I'm getting from all of this damseling.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J201.png

Noishe I have good news.

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J203.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J204.pngFire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J205.png

Uh oh.

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey if you didn't get your fill of pointless quizzes with that test I shared before. How about the hard mode?

https://www.jetpunk.com/user-quizzes/109531/every-fire-emblem-character

All FE playable characters, plus the weirder ones like postgame characters, temporary joiners and capturable bosses. And Heroes. Now that's the real hard mode.

quiz.png?ex=65c553a5&is=65b2dea5&hm=72f9

Worse percentage than the first time around, funnily enough. I did better in all the mainline games, and stuff like postgame, trial map and extra chapter characters boosted my score a ton, but Heroes really hurt me. I didn't even get Veronica lol

Screenshot_2024-01-25_154052.png?ex=65c5

Some might say it's because I haven't played all of the games. I would say it's because I am abysmal at remembering names in general.

Just now, GuardianSing said:

What do I do with this guy anyways

The dumbest thing in the entire game, in chapter 4.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Is it a fetish or does Kaga just not know how to write interesting conflicts for individual missions, because that's the vibe I'm getting from all of this damseling

No, Kaga is just a pervert who likes seeing women in distress. And count your lucky stars she gets to flee without needing a male love interest to save her.

2 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Some might say it's because I haven't played all of the games. I would say it's because I am abysmal at remembering names in general.

Ahaha, it's fine. It happens. Long as you remembered all the important names...

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

What do I do with this guy anyways.

Give him a ranged sword. He can still steal from a distance... somehow. Also, what Ruben said, you'll need him for something... later.

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Fire_Emblem_4_-_Seisen_no_Keifu_J201.png

Noishe I have good news.

For just 50K the revival!

215101cf568da653-600x338.jpg?ex=65c57062

29 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Is it a fetish or does Kaga just not know how to write interesting conflicts for individual missions, because that's the vibe I'm getting from all of this damseling

It's 100% a fetish and this game isn't even the worst it gets like that.

Kaga had said that he designs his female characters with his ideal image of women in mind. Considering how much they get damseld all the time and how much they have to make way for the MEN, I do wonder what he meant by that.