Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

but she does manage to make it the entire first game without being kidnapped

?

She gets kidnapped in VS1 (ch.14) tho and spends half the game being an absolute burden?

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Compare that to like, Merida, who can die on turn 1 of her join map if the RNG isn't kind to her, which leads to a whole event where she's turned into a slave, and whether or not this happens she later accepts water from some random shady dude and is kidnapped again.

Oh it happens twice huh.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, certainly a tough time deciding on the final party, eh? The VTX trilogy all have 24 slots in the final map, and I already have it decided who to use on all three of them, pretty much.

Good for you.😀

...Thinking on it overnight, I think I'll move Quattro into the must-use column. The One-Year War focus gave the Guy Who He Looks Exactly Like plenty of early limelight, the original MSG owes its popularity to him as much as Amuro, and whose face is etched into a wall at Sunrise?

Sunrise-new-office-White-Base-will-have-

-Ignore the girl on the right, she ain't forever, helmeted man is.😛 

This office also happens to be named "White Base".

...Although besides no Zeong, I am disappointed that GC doesn't have Here Comes Char after hearing its groovy AP rendition. Or this "Gallant Char" I noticed that some other SRWs (going back to SRW3 I see) have used. Although, should I be so discontented when this is the bgm used by every single original Mobile Suit Gundam-originated unit (minus the White Base and the Elmeth)?:

It does have his sobriquet in it.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The only time this track was used in SRW. Like Mizu no Hoshi, it's caught in legal quagmires that make their use rare to nonexistant nowadays.

Legal issues and SRW, a match made not infrequently. -But then, legality is only problematic for the franchise because it tries to do what makes it SRW, and that is good. Gonna get a few bruises from slamming into the side of a mountain because you lost your grip if you're a routine mountain climber, I guess?😆 But reaching the summit is always worth it.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Coworker: "And monday we start anew again"

Endless now.png

Care for something cheery?

Been hearing it at lot lately.😅

I was reading some CS III reviews on Steam and this stood out to me:

4b342f495d2cf5d6c8a66154268a7adb.png

like... no. That game is so easy to abuse, you do not need orders, they just make it take less time.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Thinking on it overnight, I think I'll move Quattro into the must-use column. The One-Year War focus gave the Guy Who He Looks Exactly Like plenty of early limelight, the original MSG owes its popularity to him as much as Amuro, and whose face is etched into a wall at Sunrise?

This office also happens to be named "White Base".

Oh, nice, heh.

Although, should I be so discontented when this is the bgm used by every single original Mobile Suit Gundam-originated unit (minus the White Base and the Elmeth)?:

It does have his sobriquet in it.

I think this was also used in Alpha 1, if I recall.

Legal issues and SRW, a match made not infrequently. -But then, legality is only problematic for the franchise because it tries to do what makes it SRW, and that is good. Gonna get a few bruises from slamming into the side of a mountain because you lost your grip if you're a routine mountain climber, I guess?😆 But reaching the summit is always worth it.

Yeah, it's no stranger to those kind of issues, unfortunately. But thankfully it's able to overcome a whole lot others to be able to use stuff in-game.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

?

She gets kidnapped in VS1 (ch.14) tho and spends half the game being an absolute burden?

Wait when did she...

Oohhhhhh right, when she decided to take a stroll alone in the forest for no reason, right... I forgor.

15 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I had no idea Therenius possessed Emblem Rings. I wonder what their incantations would be.

Trap us, Emblem of America!

Frame us, Emblem of Lukuud!

Declare us traitors, Emblem of 24 Turns!

Rest our lances, Emblem of Ggh...!

These are only marginally less cringy than the actual incantations in Engage

Edited by Saint Rubenio

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Marginally less cringy Rubenio? 

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I had no idea Therenius possessed Emblem Rings. I wonder what their incantations would be.

Yeah, turning characters into Pokemon goes a long way into expression the contempt IS has for the franchise.

Anyway, Therenius has those rings during chapter 14.
Despite all the protections they provide him, he still only uses one incantation.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Anyway, Therenius has those rings during chapter 14.

Yeah, I remember that. Dude just has a collection of powerful magical rings. Because he has the mightiest skill of all: He's rich.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Despite all the protections they provide him, he still only uses one incantation.

Gotta love how his only contribution in that map is to throw the most competent commander he has in jail. Good job, man. Really showing why you possess that one skill.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't tell me Reddit's Hate-Engage-O-Clock is invading here too.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You put on the Emblem of America and it just summons Joe Biden as a ghostly figure to your side.

Just now, GuardianSing said:

You put on the Emblem of America and it just summons Joe Biden as a ghostly figure to your side.

Who is the Dark Emblem? Jackson? Trump?

29 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't tell me Reddit's Hate-Engage-O-Clock is invading here too.

I was not aware that it's forbidden to dislike aspects of the game. Besides, what does this have to do with Reddit? I have never hidden my distaste for the nostalgia-baiting with the Emblems. I like their gameplay, I like it a lot, but the ghosts I could've done without and this is not the first time I've implied or said as much.

27 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

Sync skill: Cornpop. Does whatever a cornpop does.

Engage attack: Falling up stairs. Biden lures a row of enemies to follow him up a set of stairs, then tumbles down, running them down for massive damage and break.

Engage weapon: Biden blast. A three-range magical attack boasting high accuracy.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I was not aware that it's forbidden to dislike aspects of the game. Besides, what does this have to do with Reddit? I have never hidden my distaste for the nostalgia-baiting with the Emblems. I like their gameplay, I like it a lot, but the ghosts I could've done without and this is not the first time I've implied or said as much.

Sheesh, it was a joke. Don't get too defensive about it.

It's fine to dislike something, but do mind there's a point where it becomes too much for others to hear constant complains about the same thing...

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's fine to dislike something, but do mind there's a point where it becomes too much for others to hear constant complains about the same thing...

I don't remember the last time I brought this up here before now, but fine, sure.

4 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

1997_-_Fire_Emblem_-_The_Sacred_Stones_U

I did a thing.

Do it.

Put Edelgard in FE8.

Discourse Stones.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don't remember the last time I brought this up here before now, but fine, sure.

Wasn't specific to the Engage bit.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Do it.

Put Edelgard in FE8.

Discourse Stones.

Four more years (of Three Houses discourse).