• Replies 177.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Okay, now the sub-scenario for the route split. Which includes a crash course of the UC world. Hm? Oh, a Deuteron Missile, not Nuclear, was the one used to try to stop Dr. Saotome. Wait, that's still nuclear, right? Anyway... oh wow, the missile being launched coincided with Second Impact? Talk about overkill. Oh, I was semi-right, the devastation wasn't the missile itself, it was the unleash of Getter Rays across the world due to its detonation.

In any case, the route split boils down to a decision. Contact Londo Bell or not. Unlike the previous route, this one doesn't split the party, so it's more story-divergent. Secrets-wise, both contain steps for points-based secrets. And the thing is, not contacting Londo Bell has more points to gain. So there is a superior choice to take if you plan to unlock them.

For this playthrough, I'll take the Contact Londo Bell route. Due to the route splits I plan to take, I can make up the point difference in the future ones. There's actually a lot of flexibility here, it's actually hard to miss out on them... at least, when it comes to the chances of getting the points, not getting the points themselves.

Scenario 23 time.

Since we are contacting Londo Bell, and UC Gundam is currently through Unicorn, timeline wise, it means it's time for it to come to the forefront. Which begins with the Nahel Argama in a scuffle with Zimmerman's group... which includes Rakan. Seems he's still alive, huh. Objective is to get the Nahel Argama to a select tile on the map in four turns.

The Nahel Armaga makes the fifth battleship and... comes with two sub-pilots. Smh, everyone has more sub-pilots than Bright! Well, the Nadesico B and Tuatha de Dannan only have one sub-pilot too...

Okay then. Time for the Unicorn to soar!

Seems Rakan still pilots a Doven Wolf. Looks a little funny to see a ZZ-era Mobile Suit among Unicorn-era ones. Then again, timeline wise, they're only seven years apart. No reason the Doven Wolf would have fallen behind too much...

More enemies show up... and Gamillas among them. Seems they're also allying with Neo Zeon. Okay then, first points to get here. Marida Points. They're tied to two secrets, with three needed for the first and six for the second. The first secret also requires Judau to be an Ace. Either route from this split can give us all the needed points for both secrets, so there's no worries on missing out. The only concern would be getting Judau to Ace. In any case, three points can be obtained on this map. One for each of Banagher and Judau to fight Marida, and the third for Banagher to defeat her. Why Judau is relevant here? Well...

Spoiler

Marida Cruz is a Ple Clone. Ple Twelve, to be more exact. Since Gundam ZZ we knew there were more than the two we're shown, but they were all thought to have died... until Unicorn showed one was still alive.

Okay then, let's do this!

Amusingly, Zimmerman had moved towards where my party deployed.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay, got all three points, and scenario done.

Z3 missed on this, but V having both ZZ and Unicorn is bound to make things... interesting.

Scenario 24

Interesting, there's a mention it was the Jupiter Empire who acted as go-between for the Gamillas-NeoZeon alliance. Amuro being around for Unicorn story is also... fascinating. Though Z3 already did that, haha.

Oh lol, I like how the Unicorn being assigned to Londo Bell is attributed to "It's natural for Bright to attract Gundams". I think 30 got into this joke too, since the Narrative was also assigned to Londo Bell, despite Londo Bell not showing up in Gundam Narrative, actually. Best I know.

Ah, now we finally get to choose which battleships to deploy in the main story. Even so, the Nahel and Tuatha are forced, so it's down to choosing one from the remaining three. Okay, more Neo Zeons to fight...

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

The story being rushed because of negative feedback. Now where have i seen that before........

1000.png?ex=65c963cc&is=65b6eecc&hm=4166

SMH at one lady too many here.😛

Okay, she does serve a purpose here, of placing K&S equally in the center as they should be, which wouldn't be possible were it seven.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

And anyway, you should be happy that Ouroboros's motives might be explained this time.

Or, Nihon Falcom turns out to be lovers of the The Name of the Rose. A somewhat-famed murder mystery novel that, ends ultimately, with a mystery still unsolved, and unable to be solved.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Not to mention, there are two Luigis in Luigi mode, and everyone knows two Luigis are better than one.

Which I do recall reading online aren't actually the same size. I think the NPC Luigi is bigger than the playable one.

If only SMG Luigi could break the game like he could in 64DS.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? Oh, a Deuteron Missile, not Nuclear, was the one used to try to stop Dr. Saotome. Wait, that's still nuclear, right?

*Checks*

Deuterium (a deuteron being the nucleus of a deuterium atom) and tritium, hydrogen isotopes with one and two neutrons respectively (bumping hydrogen's atomic mass up to 2 and 3 respectively), are collectively known as "heavy hydrogen" (often found naturally bonded to oxygen- "heavy water"). Heavy hydrogen is used in nuclear fusion in thermonuclear bombs/weapons/missiles, also known as hydrogen bombs.

When many think "nukes" or "nuclear weapons" I think, we presume the purely-uranium/plutonium nuclear fission bombs, which preceded the h-bomb. The hydrogen bomb is the much-improved Nuke Mk. II.

Although, thermonuclear weapons actually involve both uranium & plutonium and heavy hydrogen, and thus both nuclear fission and fusion. It starts with fission, which leads into more fission, and that second fission then triggers fusion, generating more destructive power than fission alone. -Regardless, humanity does not need these weapons.

o-NYFQXbSJ6hXdjs7-wKOA.png

This feels like a shitpost.

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

F no Engage in top4

The last thing we needed was "Engage flopped" ammo tbh.

Like dawg fuck you mean Alfonse shot up that high when he wasn't even top 5 in previous rounds?

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Checks*

Deuterium (a deuteron being the nucleus of a deuterium atom) and tritium, hydrogen isotopes with one and two neutrons respectively (bumping hydrogen's atomic mass up to 2 and 3 respectively), are collectively known as "heavy hydrogen" (often found naturally bonded to oxygen- "heavy water"). Heavy hydrogen is used in nuclear fusion in thermonuclear bombs/weapons/missiles, also known as hydrogen bombs.

When many think "nukes" or "nuclear weapons" I think, we presume the purely-uranium/plutonium nuclear fission bombs, which preceded the h-bomb. The hydrogen bomb is the much-improved Nuke Mk. II.

Although, thermonuclear weapons actually involve both uranium & plutonium and heavy hydrogen, and thus both nuclear fission and fusion. It starts with fission, which leads into more fission, and that second fission then triggers fusion, generating more destructive power than fission alone. -Regardless, humanity does not need these weapons.

Ah, I see. Interesting.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

F no Engage in top4

I'm honestly not surprised.

I can only guess Bernadetta got "midterm results drive" or something.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Like dawg fuck you mean Alfonse shot up that high when he wasn't even top 5 in previous rounds?

I guess it was the drive to give him something.

Although... wasn't there an issue with his VA? What are they going to do about that, I wonder...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

can only guess Bernadetta got "midterm results drive" or something.

I mean, Bernadetta didn't need midterm drive when she consistently always placed high. Especially since these midterms didn't actually tell us the rankings.

I think what happened was Yunaka and Ivy fans got complacent but no Engage character at all? Seriously? 

I mean at least we're getting Engage Heroes.

Just now, Armagon said:

I mean, Bernadetta didn't need midterm drive when she consistently always placed high. Especially since these midterms didn't actually tell us the rankings.

I think what happened was Yunaka and Ivy fans got complacent but no Engage character at all? Seriously? 

I mean at least we're getting Engage Heroes.

Well, that still counts as Midterms Drive. The drive to complacency?

Seriously, it could still be a drive to do better. If they see they are within reach, that can serve to drive harder to anyone who thought on putting one or two votes on someone else.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This feels like a shitpost

Indeed lmao

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Already starting lol

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

think what happened was Yunaka and Ivy fans got complacent but no Engage character at all? Seriously? 

Or mb 3H fans decided to bank on their Felix and Bernie to stop Engage - and they do have the numbers advantage

I don't think Engage fans were complacent - atleast from what i've seen

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

o-NYFQXbSJ6hXdjs7-wKOA.png

This feels like a shitpost.

Better than the Gatekeeper. Like, really?

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Or mb 3H fans decided to bank on their Felix and Bernie to stop Engage - and they do have the numbers advantage

Even then like, I need to see the numbers because not even a single Engage character feels off.

I get Bernie and F!Robin but Alfonse winning at all is a psyop. It's not real.

The sad thing is, this was probably the only time Engage had a chance for CYL. If there's another next year (well, Book IX is almost assuredly a thing), expect to be another round of TH winners and by then we'd likely get another game already, so they will be the ones having a shot instead.

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah, I can see it now. Next year is likely to be M!Byleth's turn, with likely Sigurd getting the other spot.

Okay, I'll admit, the girls have better chances... so long there's no new game released this year... or the Bernadetta votes don't rally around Hilda.