Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

11 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think even the separated beasts went through this. They all have like three differnet forms. A humanoid form, the beast form, and a vehicle form. Even those were not first available to them for the first episodes. So they unlocked the other forms first, then finally they could combined into Dancougar proper.

And to think I just get it already all combined, with that wickedly powerful Instinct ability. No wonder Dancouga strong.😄

---

Episode 55 had a Sub-Episode, nothing significant, just another grinding chance. Which one may wish to use for Episode 56...

GRWJD9-2024-02-08-10-55-38.png

The all-Banpresto Original final chapters, an approach taken by J but certainly not every SRW, begins with a deathmatch arena styled map.

Akimi & Fairey and Sieg were going to rush into Ishmelga fortress to save Sally. Puru could detect Sally, hence her being here and Judau following as her bodyguard.

• The good news is that Sally does get rescued during this battle, and without getting mindwiped and turned into an enemy. My negative reaction last night didn't have to continue for very long.
  • The bad news is that it was a trap, hence the laser barrier separating the quartet from the rest (until Sally is rescued that is). Although attacks with enough range do work over it, including silly things like a Dancouga punch despite the barrier being said to be deadly on contact.
    • Being able to grind money/levels for any of the quartet above right beforehand was a nice gift. Though I didn't need it, Akimi and Sieg mostly alone were able to do just fine.

As for why Gadisword has all those licensed enemies, turns out the power of C.U.B.E. can multiply things. Hence the enemy two Kreuz Warheits created from Sally, containing unseen clones of her that were able to fool Puru's Newtype senses. -Although without proper conditioning beforehand, C.U.B.E. replicating a living thing will eventually destroy its mind.

Oh, and the researcher who sacrificed himself so Fairey could escape Gadisword appears in a 21k HP mech to torment her. Either he survived his suicide attack and got mindwiped by Gadisword, or they cloned his corpse and it's a copy I was fighting, they haven't explained yet. Regardless Fairey was reallllly shaken by it at first, her combat voicework was tearfully-shouting.

This was actually only the first half of a great clash, the heroes get a very quick reprieve to regroup before Reggiane strikes again.

And random, but before the battle, the Galactic Gale merchant said he built a second Baxinger, using spare parts stored in the White Base Corps. Why... well that last-minute salvaged Raftclans came in handy during the J ending, so I'm guessing this will serve a similar purpose.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sorry. I really ought to stop jumping at every chance to crap on Nintendo I get.

If it means anything, I always appreciate your snarky remarks on mega company.

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The all-Banpresto Original final chapters, an approach taken by J but certainly not every SRW, begins with a deathmatch arena styled map.

I think those are the uncommon side. Usually you have at least one IP lasting all the way to the second-to-last chapter... or alternatively, even to the very last, sharing the spotlight with the OG faction, if only at the beginning.

Alpha 1 is one such example. The final map of the True Route starts against Laiodeccia, but also Combattler's Oreana.

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And random, but before the battle, the Galactic Gale merchant said he built a second Baxinger, using spare parts stored in the White Base Corps. Why... well that last-minute salvaged Raftclans came in handy during the J ending, so I'm guessing this will serve a similar purpose.

The Baxinger story has already ended, no? There is something about its ending... perhaps they are still doing it anyway, even though... well, you'll see.

3 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Why would anyone buy new switches for that?

It was... A joke. Since players constantly had to buy new joycons, it likely made more seperately than the console. 

23 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

>Goes to buy bread

>Buys everything under the sun but bread

Restrain Shrimpy, restrain. Just because you want to buy half the store because the stuff sounds interesting, doesn't mean you should.😆

-But don't let me stop you, you deserve it all.😉

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think those are the uncommon side.

Expectably so. The intermixing is a lot of SRW's fun.😄 The last fights of J weren't bad or anything, although Gu Landon was a pretty mediocre villain does too much Orgone wreck your brain?.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Usually you have at least one IP lasting all the way to the second-to-last chapter... or alternatively, even to the very last, sharing the spotlight with the OG faction, if only at the beginning.

Looking at MX's flow chart and noticing the RahXephon (in its only SRW appearance, you know I find that juicy😋) must be kept alive for it... if only I could find out myself.😆 

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The final map of the True Route starts against Laiodeccia,

Saw the vid of the Zfylud/Zehirut while looking through the Shin SRW animations catalogue, looks awesome for a crystal-comprised robot. Shame OG1 skipped over it (couldn't have Laodeccia when only the Balshem duo were aboard the Neviim), and gave us Septuagint for a crystalline substitute. ...Although, maybe 3rd OG can bring it back? Gonna be fighting a lot of Balmar, might as well.

So, to recap. I'm done with all the paralogues, still on chapter 7 and with both of its own sidequests left.

Ruby is done, Clifford is recruited, Arthur is promoted, Volo is gone, Faye is done, Faramir is done, Sylvis is done, Czene is done, Leon is 2 spear points and 1 shield point away from being done, even Adel and Daoud are all past 20 weapon skill.

Damn. Maybe I've done too much rigging lol, at this rate I'm going to be done far sooner than I expected (chapter 13 and barely at that).

53 minutes ago, Shaky Jones said:

If it means anything, I always appreciate your snarky remarks on mega company.

Well, glad you feel that way, skeleton man.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Expectably so. The intermixing is a lot of SRW's fun.😄 The last fights of J weren't bad or anything, although Gu Landon was a pretty mediocre villain does too much Orgone wreck your brain?.

I guess it works in the sense of putting the OG faction front and center, more so if they're the only ones left for more than one map by the endgame.

Looking at MX's flow chart and noticing the RahXephon (in its only SRW appearance, you know I find that juicy😋) must be kept alive for it... if only I could find out myself.😆 

How curious it hasn't been used again.

Saw the vid of the Zfylud/Zehirut while looking through the Shin SRW animations catalogue, looks awesome for a crystal-comprised robot. Shame OG1 skipped over it (couldn't have Laodeccia when only the Balshem duo were aboard the Neviim), and gave us Septuagint for a crystalline substitute. ...Although, maybe 3rd OG can bring it back? Gonna be fighting a lot of Balmar, might as well.

I'd be surprised if they don't use him for 3rd OG. As it feels weird they've been omitting him so far.

28 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Restrain Shrimpy, restrain. Just because you want to buy half the store because the stuff sounds interesting, doesn't mean you should.😆

Lmao xD

29 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But don't let me stop you, you deserve it all.😉

Thanks 🙂 

46 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_2024-02-08-15-25-48-21_0b2fce

Ngl the shit slinging is glorious and everyone is angry

From the "Censorship" crowd to the "not enough changes" crowd it's pretty fucking funny...if it wasn't so fucking sad

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Oh, I heard about that. Apparently there is a Byleth in that game, and the subject of a teacher preying on students is treated with the appropriate amount of seriousness.

Well, at least the teacher is not the player self-insert here. So Fire Emblem remains undefeated at the very bottom of the barrel.

Edited by BrightBow

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The Baxinger story has already ended, no? There is something about its ending... perhaps they are still doing it anyway, even though... well, you'll see.

About that...

Spoiler

GRWJD9-2024-02-08-16-42-49.png

They let me use this for one turn (I could've moved it to the northern end of the fortress, or routed all enemies, you know which I picked).

Turns out Isberga fortress was a trap. Herluga emptied it of everything but hordes of cloned units, left Regianne in charge. After killing Vought (Fairey pulled the trigger, if he's really gone, he was very underbaked as a character, definitely someone I hope MD improved), Regianne took to battle and I defeated her (she retreats at 30%).

• Although the Vought's unit had only 30k HP, it had 3000 base Armor and sat on 30% damage reduction terrain. Despite having four upgrades in it, the Nu's Fin Funnels dealt 10 damage on a support attack. Regianne was similar, but not as bad. A Valor'ed Dancoukogaken could still deal 18k to her.

...Back to the story, Reggiane announces that Herluga warped Gadisword HQ to Earth, they should consider it an honor Herluga had to sacrifice his vanguard fortress on them. The cosmic storms around the fort suddenly become too severe to get through alive, the unending enemies coming from within the fort won't allow heroes to warp back to the Earth dimension.

Thus, Diego has his idea.

GRWJD9-2024-02-08-16-50-51.pngGRWJD9-2024-02-08-16-51-05.png

GRWJD9-2024-02-08-16-52-15.pngGRWJD9-2024-02-08-16-52-20.pngGRWJD9-2024-02-08-16-52-32.pngGRWJD9-2024-02-08-16-52-34.pngGRWJD9-2024-02-08-16-52-40.png

He emitted a high-energy release from the MP Baxinger, causing the enemies to prioritize him over the rest of the White Base Corps.

GRWJD9-2024-02-08-16-53-16.png

This, a recorded final message comprising 10 text boxes, was entirely voiced. Had to be from the anime itself then. Quite the moment.

The heroes make the dimensional jump back to Earth. Besides the Gale's mourning, Sally gets a health check and turns out pretty fine, Sieg and Akimi talk about the future and Akimi offers Sieg a house next to her's, some romance implication funnies to lighten the mood again.

Then, the various Federation upper brass from the various licenses talk about a mysterious forces descending en masse on Earth that appeared suddenly out of nowhere.

Lastly...

Spoiler

GRWJD9-2024-02-08-16-56-11.png

Nobody expects the Jakuan Inquisiton!

-Actually, I did.😜 It's on record here.

I held out the possibility of a Belzeb return, he did reside in another dimension after all. Muge got coup'ed as the last-to-die. I haven't seen Belzebuddy since... *checks Akurasu* ...Scenario 33? But that don't matter!😛 

TBF, this was foreshadowed when Regianne deployed a few Jaku Beasts, without explanation, when Sieg and Sally surrendered to the White Base Corps. That was well before the very recent invention of C.U.B.E. cloning.

"Defeat Emperor Warusa!" is the title of the next, maybe penultimate, battle. God Raijin-Oh has been a favorite unit of mine in this game (strong, durable, natural HP & EN S Regen, three sub-pilots), so I'll be looking to letting it bask in heroic triumph.😄

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This, a recorded final message comprising 10 text boxes, was entirely voiced. Had to be from the anime itself then. Quite the moment.

Yeah, that's basically how Baxinger ends. With Diego doing that. Seems GC changed why he's pulling a heroic sacrifice, but still killed him off nonetheless.

You know, it never did hit me how frontloaded Berwick's cast is. By chapter 6-main you've gotten all but four units in the game. That still leaves 21 maps left in the game, plus the four paralogues.

Of course, with how recruitments, promotions and general character events work, the game does a good job of not feeling like you're just going through motions by the halfway point. And the late joiners that do exist are all pretty memorable. Well, Alvina maybe for the wrong reasons. The lategame maps being some of the most challenging and unique in the game also keeps things interesting and prevents the game from falling into the lategame burnout effect that... really, no other FE manages to avoid, at least for me.

In short, Ruben worships the ground Berwick Saga walks on. What else is new. Anyway, Enid's ready to promote, which means Derrick's also ready to join. Roughly half of the characters are ready now. Of course, the ones left are the problem children. We'll see how this pans out, but this run is looking to not only be totally manageable, but also... Honestly, fun? I don't know, I've been having fun with this. I mean, I've played nothing but Berwick Saga for like a week, as per usual when I play Berwick Saga. Though maybe it's just that I love Berwick so much that even when I'm playing it on Rigging Hell mode I'm enjoying it.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yeah, that's basically how Baxinger ends. With Diego doing that.

A story about space bikers-actually-19th century-samurai ending with an honorable sacrifice, sounds befitting.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, I've played nothing but Berwick Saga for like a week, as per usual when I play Berwick Saga. Though maybe it's just that I love Berwick so much that even when I'm playing it on Rigging Hell mode I'm enjoying it.

You're insane.

-But in a good way.😜

I'm sure you could say the same of me. Having spent almost a month almost exclusively nonstop on one game, that would make you (but not me) yawn so big from a lack of real difficulty/design, that you'd dislocate your jaw and need to visit a hospital to fix it.😆

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I did bump into comments saying the rumormill is already started on a P4R, alongside a simple port of P2. ...And I'm complete agreement with the commenter who said that's the opposite of what should be the case. P4 does not need a massive update (probably, I've never played it 😅); and the beautiful soul of P2 will only continue to suffer, bound in the fetid, ossified flesh of sluggish & tedious gameplay and PS1-era mediocre graphics and presentation.

Say what may be said of Intelligent System not adding real map design, and not adding enough supports, and creating a bumpy, flawed plot where there was almost none beforehand and hence didn't have to make those errors. At least Int Sys went and remade a dated game that almost nobody cared about, with -if not full resources- far more than they had to give it. Int Sys full-remake'd the poor, Atlus should do the same. Don't massive facelift only the rich and famous.

...Okay, shutting up.😆

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Noctilum theme one of the greatest of all time.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

and the beautiful soul of P2 will only continue to suffer, bound in the fetid, ossified flesh of sluggish & tedious gameplay and PS1-era mediocre graphics and presentation.

I'm actually very curious how a P2 remake would fare in today's world. P3R is breaking sales records for Atlus but if P2R comes out and Modern Persona fans quickly realize it's not the quirky dating sim they're used to.....will they remain with it? Like there's overlap between SMT fans and Persona fans but there's also a number of people who will unironically play P2 and say it's "Persona without the heart".

Noctilum theme one of the greatest of all time.

Feels adventurous in a wild way. Like you can smell, feel the water vapor rising off the river you're stopping by, taking in your surroundings, both with awe and looking for where you're going next, slapping your right shoulder to squish a mosquito on it as you reach for a quick snack. You're there, and it's real.

I'm actually very curious how a P2 remake would fare in today's world. P3R is breaking sales records for Atlus but if P2R comes out and Modern Persona fans quickly realize it's not the quirky dating sim they're used to.....will they remain with it? Like there's overlap between SMT fans and Persona fans but there's also a number of people who will unironically play P2 and say it's "Persona without the heart".

You can't retroactively apply the dating/social sim elements and year-long calendar to Persona 2. The two stories simply wouldn't permit it past a point, and Eternal Punishment can't have school b/c the playables are working adults aren't those the epitome of evil in 5?. I do think there would be a hint of room for slipping in a few extra character events, as any remake of any game likely could. -Yet that obviously wouldn't satisfy the modernists.

Persona began as an SMT spinoff. And the Oldsona 1*/2IS/2EP trilogy fall into a limbo where they're not entirely SMT, but not the clearly-different thing the franchise would become with P3.

I guess the best way Atlus, or rather Sega nowadays, could market a P2R (containing both IS & EP) would be as "quick Persona", "Persona-lite". To say the story and characters still have the "beloved essence/style of Persona", but told with a brisker pace. Isn't that how they sell all the 3/4/5 spinoffs? ...Still would lead to disappointing sales no matter how good. Hell, go ahead turn P2 into action RPGs if that leads to greater success, just keep the fusion spells, demon negotiations showing off character flavor, and all five heroes fighting together, no bench.

Think we would hypothetically be able to copypaste Engage review comments made by 3H lovers to P2R?

*Supposedly though, I heard the original Persona 1 was the best in terms of total physical Japanese sales for the single first release of any Persona game. -Until Persona 5 that is. Although that could be a quirk of the Japanese gaming market related to the nation's culture, economics, and demographics over decades.

Man, Humphrey is such a long dungeon. Only two thirds done today. But well, I'm getting there, close to the Hikkikomori exclusive content... but that may be for another day.

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're insane.

-But in a good way.😜

...Adel has 25 spear rank. On chapter 7. He's actually closer to his goal than both mages, Daoud, Elbert, Sherlock, Kramer and Christine.

Definitely too much rigging.

14 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm sure you could say the same of me. Having spent almost a month almost exclusively nonstop on one game, that would make you (but not me) yawn so big from a lack of real difficulty/design, that you'd dislocate your jaw and need to visit a hospital to fix it.😆

Haha, well, from what I've seen of those games the answer would be a very large and bolded "yes" - but to each their own, as they say!

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

guess the best way Atlus, or rather Sega nowadays, could market a P2R (containing both IS & EP) would be as "quick Persona", "Persona-lite". To say the story and characters still have the "beloved essence/style of Persona", but told with a brisker pace.

Would that include the menus I wonder. Persona's menus have become part of it's identity but would that really work with P1/2?