Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

28 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Is Light as in Lightweight? Couldn't Slim would've worked, like what FE does with Slims Sword and Slim Lance?

Lightweight, yeah.

I guess it wouldn't have fit for axes since Slim Axes were never a thing in Fire Emblem. Slim Bows and Slim Ballista also lack a precedent.
Not that lacking a precedent stopped Aethin from inventing Bronze, Silver, Golden and Black Paladins for TRS, but nevermind that.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Lightweight, yeah.

I guess it wouldn't have fit for axes since Slim Axes were never a thing in Fire Emblem. Slim Bows and Slim Ballista also lack a precedent.
Not that lacking a precedent stopped Aethin from inventing Bronze, Silver, Golden and Black Paladins for TRS, but nevermind that.

I think the closest FE used for a slim equivalent to axes was the Hatchet from Sacred Stones. Maybe the Short Bows are this too for the, well, bows.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Has been a while since i last Nasu'd

Or VN'd in general

Kinda excited. Let's if the old Mushroom is up to par!

A Fragment of Cerulean Silica Planet-Orbiting Object. I heard about that, and nothing bad that I remember.

Have... is "fun" the word to use for a VN? "Have thrills"? "Have a good read"? ...Will "have a good experience" do? -You know what I mean to express.😀

Screenshot_2024-02-11-23-42-24-27_0b2fce

This is a real tweet from the President of the United States of America. If you click on the alt-text button, it says Dark Brandon.

"Just like we drew it up" drew up what Biden? What did you draw up?

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

This is a real tweet from the President of the United States of America. If you click on the alt-text button, it says Dark Brandon.

Fucking beat me to it. I was a minute away.

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The Foreign Aid Bill? Taylor Swift endorsed him again? He had bet on Kansas City? Beats me!

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Honestly, using bronze for swords is pretty dated for FE.

The earliest evidence of bronze working/smelting/forging goes back to ~4500 BC, and started taking off around ~3300 BC. Bronze being an alloy (two elements, at least one a metal, mixed together) of copper and tin. Copper was pretty plentiful, tin was rarer, and rarely found next to copper. Ancient era trade networks were necessary to bring copper and tin together to the forges of ancient cities, to make the bronze murder thingies and less-murderous objects humanity wanted/needed.

The earliest evidence of iron working/smelting/forging appears at ~2500 BC, and iron forging starts taking off around ~1200 BC.* Thus, the Bronze Age of human history gave way and was follow by the Iron Age. Bronze weaponry and armor declined, though they remained in some use (the aspis shield of classical Greek hoplites was wood covered with a thin bronze layer, though classical Greek spears and swords were iron).

Steel, an alloy of iron + carbon (+ possibly trace amounts of other elements that modify the steel's qualities), is invented about the same time as iron working. However, steel is more complicated to make, and thus could only be made in much smaller quantities, with higher costs. Steel weapons weren't cheap, but they were totally a thing, and preferred if you could afford them. It wasn't until the mid-late 1800s AD that steel became cheaper and much more mass-producible, ushering in the Second Industrial Revolution.

TL;DR Bronze weaponry should be totally obsolesced in a fantasy medieval European world like Berwick.

* Before humans learned how to extract iron from mined ore, they discovered iron-rich meteorites and learned how to shape that iron from the sky into weapons and accessories (~3500 BC).

It is obvious, Observer. Magical orbs are made of bronze, and the excess is made into cheap blades! Not everyone can afford fine mithril gear. That's only for furniture boys like Reese.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I know the chance of Biden hself actually having written this twit instead of a PR intern in the White House doing it in his name is microscopic. But the mental image of 80 year old Biden being up on the memes is actually amazing.

And of course, the utterly incomprehensible message. The sheer "how do you do fellow kids" energy. Majestic.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Have... is "fun" the word to use for a VN? "Have thrills"? "Have a good read"? ...Will "have a good experience" do? -You know what I mean to express.😀

Oh I think we all know what you’re trying to express Interdimensional Observer:

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It is obvious, Observer. Magical orbs are made of bronze, and the excess is made into cheap blades! Not everyone can afford fine mithril gear. That's only for furniture boys like Reese.

I think he'd rather buy that desktop horse statue that heals +5 HP for his personal steed per chapter for 20000 instead.🐴 

4 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Why not? 🤔

...Because, some visual novels are focused on being thought-provoking, evocative, somber, bleak, and or twisted experiences. While all experiences should ideally bring some form of enjoyment, is "fun" the right shorthand word to describe such VNs? I'd think "fun" would be better saved for the more happily adventurous and or fluffy digital combinations of images and text with minimal player interaction.

-But that's me being overly semantical.😅 And ignoring just to what extent some people feel 😊 from witnessing fictional 😈.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Because, some visual novels are focused on being thought-provoking, evocative, somber, bleak, and or twisted experiences.

I find all that fun :sip:

Ultimately, fun is the main reason why i seek stuff, and i did mention before i enjoy dark & twisted experiences

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

d think "fun" would be better saved for the more happily adventurous and or fluffy digital combinations of images and text with minimal player interaction.

That's a different kind of fun!

It's done.

The Entirely Ordinary Fort has fallen. I even got a nice convenient save to run a few tests on the crotalus event. From what I can tell, the secret girl event just triggers if you have Czene investigate the house. Anyone else (it doesn't have to be a thief) and you just get the guy being sad.

...Elbert still needs 3 sword points and 1 spear point to promote, but surely I'll be able to get it in three chapters. If nothing else, 11-main is kind of a breeze. Could get it there, if all else fails.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think he'd rather buy that desktop horse statue that heals +5 HP for his personal steed per chapter for 20000 instead.🐴 

He wants all the furniture. All of it. I'm almost surprised his happiness rank point is gotten by getting to the end with the entire army alive instead of just getting all the furniture.

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

Don't know if it still matters, but it was indeed about the Super Bowl. He's mocking all the conspiracy theorists behind Taylor Swift and the Chiefs winning being part of his agenda. Since conservatives were legit hoping the 49'ers would win to get one over her.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't know if it still matters, but it was indeed about the Super Bowl. He's mocking all the conspiracy theorists behind Taylor Swift and the Chiefs winning being part of his agenda. Since conservatives were legit hoping the 49'ers would win to get one over her.

Which is doubly fun because the conservatives were cheering for the San Francisco team (i.e. from one of these "liberal hellholes") because their arch enemy of the day is a country singer dating a midwestern football player, which is just the most quintessential 'murican couple ever. Like, I don't particularly care for Taylor Swift nor for handegg, but I definitely have to appreciate the sheer dumbness of all this.

Edited by ping

The other side of all this is that, while Biden was having an intern make mocking twits and relatable memes in his name, Israel was using the Super Bowl's distraction to escalate their still ongoing, virtually unopposed genocide in Gaza even further without causing too much noise among America's population. You know, so that they don't come asking Joe what the heck he's doing for the 17th time. The answer is absolutely nothing.

So uh. Yeah. Sorry if I bring the mood down, but that's kind of put a damper on the funny bit for me.

https://old.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/1ap4hld/the_results_of_the_rank_the_fire_emblem_games/

Man, VN series when. Then the series can focus about what's truly important and ignore this pesky little thing called gameplay

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The other side of all this is that, while Biden was having an intern make mocking twits and relatable memes in his name, Israel was using the Super Bowl's distraction to escalate their still ongoing, virtually unopposed genocide in Gaza even further without causing too much noise among America's population. You know, so that they don't come asking Joe what the heck he's doing for the 17th time. The answer is absolutely nothing.

So uh. Yeah. Sorry if I bring the mood down, but that's kind of put a damper on the funny bit for me.

I will say, when i first saw the meme my immediate thought was "drawing up another genocide"

Didn't post to not ruin the mood tbh

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

2 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I will say, when i first saw the meme my immediate thought was "drawing up another genocide"

Didn't post to not ruin the mood tbh

Yeah, sorry. Probably would be best not to dwell on it too much. I just needed to get it out of my system. We're lucky we can just disengage from all this. Fucking hell.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, sorry. Probably would be best not to dwell on it too much. I just needed to get it out of my system.

Nah, it's understandable - and i do have places/circles where i do let this out - so i completely understand you - no need to apologize.

GRWJD9-2024-02-12-11-50-30.png

Reminder that smoking is evil.🚭

...That's Episode 58 done after a few days' delay.

Spoiler
  • Minus two batches of Gadisword reinforcements (Herluga expected the Jaku Empire's defeat), it was all Raijin-Oh for plot and bad guys.
  • The White Base Corps returns from the Gadisword pocket dimension, upon urge request head to Japan to attack the Jaku invaders that have lifted the Raijin-Oh city off the ground.
  • The entire map begins coated in Jaku Space, which results in a slight fixed % EN drain every turn. More than half my units have Solar Panels or natural EN Regen S, so this wasn't a concern at all.
  • Belzeb in Great Jaku Satan has 100k HP and revives when he hits 0HP once, summoning reinforcements with him. After which the heroes try to figure out how to remove the Jaku Space. The solution is destroying an Akudama buried underground, which explains why Getter was force-deployed here, as it takes a turn to do the job.
  • After Belzeb's second defeat Emperor Warusa takes the field. Again, 100k HP with HP Regen S (and LL-sized), and this time with a big MAP attack. Still easily sliced through. He revives at 0HP once. He also carries a Haro in both lives, meaning he drops two total.
  • After Warusa's first defeat, Belzeb insists on defeating the heroes himself. Warusa calls him useless for having continually failed to defeat Raijin-Oh, Belzeb takes a hit but Raijin-Oh distracts Warusa and Belzeb escapes.
  • On Warusa's second defeat, he tries regenerating again. Belzeb shows up again, attacks Warusa, Raijin-Oh finishes off Warusa.
  • ...Belzeb then insists on his pride as a warrior that he defeat Raijin-Oh. The Earth Defense Force try telling him this battle is meaningless. But Belzeb is stupid, so it's another 100k HP to work through again.
  • Defeated one last time, Belzeb sees the source of human strength is the heart, which Fifth Dimensionals lack. Also that the Akudama were the result of the weakness of the human heart he warns. He peacefully returns to his world, but not before shaking giant robot hands with God Raijin-Oh.🤖🤝
    • ...Why didn't you join?🤨 I can see why NEO made Belzeb one of the mere three secrets in that game, and the secret needed for one of the other two.
      • ...Although, the level scaling in NEO must be different. GC is a longer game and 78 is the highest level I presently have, 80 in NEO on all Eldoran-series pilots sounds brutal unless gamewide levels are higher overall.
  • Herluga also happens to notice the Jaku Empire's demise, and comments on the power of the heart. And blahblahblah evil fortress, awaits showdown, laughs.

Next battle, Episode 49 is the very last. In the Earth's uppermost atmosphere/the boundary of space, checking ahead. 15 units remains the deployment limit, and one of them is Akimi, though Sieg and Sally are optional. Shame it remains stuck at that low ceiling, even for the final battle.

I also did one play of the last grinding battle.

GRWJD9-2024-02-12-14-53-09.png

...Waaaaaay inferior compared to the one before the showdown with Zarl. A tiny 40k per clear.😑(Though it is pretty quick to wipe through.) And if they were going to toss a wide variety of grunts at me (I forget the last time I saw a basic Zaku II, or the vanilla Gouf), they could've had one of everything. No Ap III, no Elmeth, no Terminator Police, no Bemborgs or the Zudolls, no Akudamas.

As for final preparations. The penultimate battle threw 500k boss HP at me in total with all the revives, will the very last go even higher? The Gadisword guy with 3000 Armor was absurd last time, so I intend to pour my remaining funds into weapons. I already weapon FUB'ed Final Dancouga, Super Soul Saber, and God Raijin-Oh. I have about 1.2 million left, whose weapons do I dump that into? Do I focus on the heavy-hitting Supers? Or do I try to avoid repeating the 10 damage Fin Funnels situation from before?

I'm not tired of GC, I sure as heck don't dislike it. I love it. But its conclusion is more "let's get this over with"🥱 than excitement. It's my usual incompletionist tendency that is pulling me away from it at the very last minute.😆 I'll aim to finish it tonight though. 

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

GRWJD9-2024-02-12-11-50-30.png

Reminder that smoking is evil.🚭

lol what.

The entire map begins coated in Jaku Space, which results in a slight fixed % EN drain every turn. More than half my units have Solar Panels or natural EN Regen S, so this wasn't a concern at all.

Between this and Red Space, GC sure got creative with terrain effects for a SRW.

• ...Belzeb then insists on his pride as a warrior that he defeat Raijin-Oh. The Earth Defense Force try telling him this battle is meaningless. But Belzeb is stupid, so it's another 100k HP to work through again.

Sounds he could've fared better if this happened during the mid-game. Like with Tekkou Ki / Iron Demon in SRW A.

• ...Why didn't you join?🤨 I can see why NEO made Belzeb one of the mere three secrets in that game, and the secret needed for one of the other two.
      • ...Although, the level scaling in NEO must be different. GC is a longer game and 78 is the highest level I presently have, 80 in NEO on all Eldoran-series pilots sounds brutal unless gamewide levels are higher overall.

Wow, sounds too high. I don't think I've ever gotten that high in a SRW game. Though Alpha got close... I think.

I have about 1.2 million left, whose weapons do I dump that into? Do I focus on the heavy-hitting Supers? Or do I try to avoid repeating the 10 damage Fin Funnels situation from before?

Maybe the latter. Just in case.

I'm not tired of GC, I sure as heck don't dislike it. I love it. But its conclusion is more "let's get this over with"🥱 than excitement. It's my usual incompletionist tendency that is pulling me away from it at the very last minute.😆 I'll aim to finish it tonight though.

Well, I'll be rooting for ya!