Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Also the academy is weird xD

2023091511295500-s-1.jpg

Too ideal I know.😇 -Although I do remember having one grad class where I was one of only two students, sadly I can't remember what it was, but it was good.😅 

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

I have found out capybaras, or chiguires as Venezuelans call them, is a delicacy in the country. Especially during Lent, because for some reason capybaras have been declared fish. My mom ate a capybara sandwich once. She hated it.

It's called "hey, I'm TIRED of fish!😩". Puffin, beaver, porpoise, dolphin, all were considered "fish" by Christian Medieval standards,* as a way of bending this dietary restriction. And don't forget that meat abstention applied to more than just Lent back then, the entirety of Advent was land-meatless, for example.

*Checks Wikipedia on capybaras* ...They live near water, can swim well, dive for several minutes, can sleep in water, copulate only in water. Yep, that's a fish.🐟 

Why this fishy loophole continues to exist, no idea.

*Also a bird species known as barnacle geese, since they were never seen nesting in the well-inhabited, temperate parts of Europe (the geese like it Arctic-cold when egg-laying). They were often seen on driftwood, with barnacles on it, so Europeans thought the geese hatched from barnacles, not eggs. Born in water, thus these geese are fish.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I feel it could be more a distinction between Red Meat and White Meat. That doesn't explain all of them, but still...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

It's funny that Mario got arrested after being mistaken for a criminal doppelganger with "Shadow" in his name a year after the same thing happened to Sonic.

Kirby also has Shadow Kirby that was invented only around 3 years after Shadow the Hedgehog. A bucnh of these famous videogames franchises that were around on the 90s/00s have something of the sort (there's Dark Link, Dark Pit, Shadow Sora, Dark Fox and Falco, Dark Samus, Shadow kirby,...), and they always included Dark or Shadow in their names, I think it's just cause it was a popular  90s/2000s trope to have "anti forms" of heroes cause it was edgy (specially in games cause then they'd have an excuse to have you fight yourself), not to copy anyone else. The plot of having the hero be arrested for being confused with an evil criminal doppleganger was common too, even the Sonic comic from Archie did it by having Sonic be confused with "Evil Sonic" long before Shadow was invented.

10 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

My copy of Sonic Adventure DX no longer works, so sadly I cannot experience the wonders of Big (unless I get it on Steam). At least I still have Big's fishing minigame in Frontiers, and my copy of SA2B fortunately still works.

If people predict a new console every year, they'll be right eventually. Personally, I predict that there will be a new Nintendo console by 2064.

But you actually enjoyed fishing with Big (or is it just for nostalgia or something)? If yes, you must be the first I see with this opinion, Big's stages tend to be universally hated even among people who like fishing games (I'm not familiar enough with fishing games to know if Big's stages were well done, for the genre, or not but I'd bet on not given how people detest them).

Edited by ARMADS!!!

The fishing isn't the problem. The problem is running back and forth in the mystic ruins with Big's slowass movement speed.

It's bad enough in Station Square. But at least those areas were much smaller and not those huge empty spaces which are only remotely bearable with the movement speed of the other characters.

Although if it's the Steam version, there might at least be a mod out there to replace Big's voice with that of Duke Nukem. That might help.

Edited by BrightBow

33 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

The fishing isn't the problem. The problem is running back and forth in the mystic ruins with Big's slowass movement speed.

It's bad enough in Station Square. But at least those areas were much smaller and not those huge empty spaces which are only remotely bearable with the movement speed of the other characters.

Although if it's the Steam version, there might at least be a mod out there to replace Big's voice with that of Duke Nukem. That might help.

For me fishing is absolutely the problem lol (again, maybe the mechanics were good for a fishing game, but I wouldn't know), it's ridiculous to be forced to fish on a Sonic game, if it was optional then I could just not do it. But yes, Big's speed makes it marginally harder to bear. Also, I figure that if I liked him more as a character it's be easier to go thought his stages (or thought playing with him at all, really) but he annoys the fuck out of me.

Oh, I don't have the Steam Version, no, but it'd be pretty neat to have this mod.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

You're not supposed to say this out loud.

Everyone already knows it - and becoming more shameless by the day is the standard atm

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

2023091511295500-s-1.jpg

Too ideal I know.😇

An extreme version of how i lived my university live

I mean, they weren't scheduled around me - and i always worked fast - but i could chose when/what/how to do stuff on my own terms lol

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although I do remember having one grad class where I was one of only two students, sadly I can't remember what it was, but it was good.😅 

Had alot of 4 to 10 student courses later on, but never 2.

Sounds like a private lesson

12 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

It was never casual. They've been married for several centuries and have had 14 kids. Religion and Misogyny go hand in hand like butter and bread. What else do you expect from a religion in which one of the main female figures is forced to give birth to God's child. I know my way around religious texts and let me tell ya, they aren't complete without one absurdly sexist remark or tenet slapped in there somewhere.

Mighty convenient when the holy book that can say no wrong just so happens to state that the status quo is real cool. Women divine right to the kitchen, or something. Almost like it's all riddles written by men and used by other men to consolidate their power.

11 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Honestly, what pisses me off is that they didn't even bother to find an abbreviation for his name, "Larcei and Scathach" doesn't go over very well.

Clearly they should've just called him Scat.

2 minutes ago, ping said:

jtuMVgL.png

Yes

Yes he is

I'm so glad other people can see it too

Why does the East Asian version of the N64 Online even has a separate 18+ version? It's even funny that it only contains GoldenEye007 and Jet Force Gemini.

Okay, found the reason. They need to be separate otherwise by law the entire catalogue would not be available to download for children.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay, time for SRW V Scenario 36.

YES, Nadesico What & Why segment! XD Fun fact, the music itself is available to assign as a battle theme. So you can beat up enemies to this tune! lol

Kinda obvious, but Inez is indeed in the UC Dimension due to Boson Jumping... but the surprise here is that it coincided with Amuro's own warp to the AD Dimension. So basically, the Psychoframe resonated with the Calculation Unit. As Amuro was trying to push Axis away, Inez did her Boson Jump to avoid being killed by the Martian Successors. Both forces reached out across the dimensions... and caused them to switch places. Inez now in Axis, Amuro by the Calculation Unit. Or at least to where Inez was trying to flee to.

Woah, Nanai is here too? As member of Laplace, even.

And Alberto brings up Anaheim Electronics was part of Amalgam, huh. But they were pushed out once Leonard took control. Ooooh, it's because of Haman why Mineva has the Colony Laser, who had it repaired because of Glemy.

Probably the best news for the NCC Dimension people is that, by combining the Psychoframe with the Calculation Unit (which, as it turns out, had also jumped with Inez; that's why it was never found, it was in Axis all along!), they could now do world jumping more freely, which means the possibility of heading back to the NCC Dimension at last. Though first, they are willing to help end the wars here before heading back home.

Ahahaha, Ple wants Marida to call her big sister, how cute.

But the fun has finally come to an end. Neo Zeon has come to attack, likely aiming to destroy both Laplace and the Colony Laser, and... ah, good! Thanks to having at least three Marida Points, Judau being Ace, and the ZZ having its Custom Bonus, I unlocked... the Full Armor parts! Aw yeah, Time for FA-ZZ!

---

Well, no, it's actually G-Hound. They consider Londo Bell has joined Neo Zeon, which certainly only worsens their opinion on them. Jerid and Riddhe are here, and certainly still have bones to pick with Kamille and Banagher. On that subject...

There's an additional Titans Point to get here. Kamille must defeat Jerid. And more Marida Point, in case one still doesn't have enough for the second secret. One each for Banagher and Marida to fight Riddhe, one for Banagher defeating him, and two instead if Marida does. I don't need them... but hey, never hurts to have surplus.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

GGg9Jl1WMAAqPLH?format=jpg&name=large

In Persona 3, to even begin the Social Link with the shyest girl of the group, your Courage stat has to be Badass. That's the max btw. Starting a Social Link with like half the party requires you to max out your social stats apparently. On one hand, that means it's not gonna randomly pop up midway through like in Persona 5. On the other hand, i hear these things still take eons to rank up.

All the time i complained about Xenoblade 1 Affinity and Persona fans have been having it worse since 2006. 

But i only bring this up because the very idea that you need to be incredibly badass in order to talk to the shy girl just seems hilarious. Like wouldn't that be a bit overkill lmao?

misogyny is misogyny and religion isn't excused from it.

Yeah but i was referring to the part where you said it's inherently baked in. I mean, misogynist Catholics exist but generalizing the entire faith as a misogynist one is uh, well, a generalization.

But still should be noted that Catholicism still has misogyny well baked into it as they are completely excluded from the Catholic hierarchy.

Ehhhh well abbesses have the same ranks as abbots and bishops. They do have some limitations but even that can vary. Some places do give them higher reach than others.

Mother Mary and the ideas of purity surrounding virginity have also been a leading strategy to shame women in Catholic parts of the world.

See, but this is the user as opposed to the tool. Let's not forget that men of the cloth are also supposed to be virgins as well, compared to basically every other denominations where the pastor (not the priest) has no such restriction. The purity aspect applies to both genders ("your body is a temple" and all that). Now, that Catholic leaders of old used it to shame women is a different matter. 

It was God who made it so male's couldn't give birth, placing the burden all on females.

I don't think this is misogynist either. If religion is just man's way of explaining the world, then the fact that only women give birth is, well, because that's just how it is.

Also, men can give birth if they were born female.

Isn't gender supposed to be different from sex?

If that sounds familiar to you then good, because it's why primarily religious groups lead movements to ban abortion and their historical tendency to overlook martial rape in accordance to general disdain for divorce.

This is once again the user rather than the tool. Centuries of corruption and restructuring and whatnot, honestly just practice the faith in accordance to your values.

5 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

FTCoRv5.png

I don't like getting switch games digital, but....

Hopping on the Vanillaware train. Good, good.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Almost like it's all riddles written by men and used by other men to consolidate their power.

Bible's been retranslated a fuckton of times, honestly my opinion is that it just comes down to personal interpretation because that's 2000 years worth of rewrites. "That's not how the faith works" i haven't verified but apparently bibles before 1954 did not actually condemn homosexuality and the line that people point to nowadays originally was condemning pedophilia. Or so i've heard. I haven't actually done my own research.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Clearly they should've just called him Scat.

Ruben nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But i only bring this up because the very idea that you need to be incredibly badass in order to talk to the shy girl just seems hilarious. Like wouldn't that be a bit overkill lmao?

I think this is because her Social Link revolves mainly, or at least firstly, on her trying to learn to cook, and... well, the "X tries to cook, but they come up with eldritch horrors beyond your imagination" comedy trope is... well, a trope to begin with. So this is basically the game saying "MC needs to be Badass enough to dare try out her cooking".

Edited by Acacia Sgt

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think this is because her Social Link revolves mainly, or at least firstly, on her trying to learn to cook, and... well, the "X tries to cook, but they come up with eldritch horrors beyond your imagination" comedy trope is... well, a trope to begin with. So this is basically the game saying "MC needs to be Badass enough to dare try out her cooking".

Gotta be built different.

Just now, Armagon said:

Gotta be built different.

For that matter, Yukiko's SL in P4 also requires Courage checks, since hers too involves eating her cooking.

Oh wow, Kamille is gonna Waveride Charge on Jerid!? Ah. Unlike Scirocco, Jerid doesn't die, since the situation is very different here. It's more Kamille wanting them both to move on from the past. Jerid still has that chip on his shoulder, it seems.

Once G-Hound is dealt with, now Neo Zeon shows up. Who are indeed here for the Colony Laser. Despite appearances, Full Frontal only intends to use its existence to force the Federation to surrender, after which... he intends to leave. Leave the humans on Earth to do whatever for all he cares. Neo Zeon instead will go beyond into deep space... and that's why they allied with Gamillas. Which isn't much better as far the future of humanity means.

Okay, a new secret process opens up here. Amuro, Kamille, and Banagher must all fight Full Frontal. There is a second step, but it's an either of. So if I do the one here, I don't need to do the other. Which is good, as another route is right after. Also, this scenario is the last change to get Ruri to Ace for the corresponding secret.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Okay, did everything for the secrets.

Once Full Frontal is defeated, Amuro tries to get him to get he's not Char. He's not budging from his goals, however, and retreats. At this point some talk regarding Laplace, specifically Laplace's Box, comes in.

Unfortunately, the Federation has taken over the Colony Laser! Worse still, Dr. Hell has launched a massive offensive on Earth, taking advantage of the situation.

Two more DLC maps have unlocked. Gonna do those first.

So, first DLC stage.

Wait, come again? The fight of the Federation to take over the Colony Laser is playable!? Wow, interesting.

So it's first seeing G-Hound in a more casual environment as they recently welcome Riddhe into their ranks... what do you mean Yazan did the "crotch-grabbing test" on Lane!?

Alpha Yazan in Zeta V.S. Beta Yazan in ZZ. : r/Gundam

No, Yazan, no!

Anyway, Jerid and Yazan, the veterans, want to test out the rookies, that is, Lane and Riddhe. The test? Survive the battle. The plan is for they to intercept any incoming Neo Zeon forces coming to defend the Colony Laser. The rest of G-Hound will do the taking.

Expectedly, Neo Zeon forces show up, led by Rakhan. But also Jupiter Empire troops are here, with Zabine at the helm. Okay, let's do this... aaaand Lane and Riddhe are quick to turn it into a competition, which also makes the other two not want to be upstaged.

Well, time to start, I guess.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Yeah but i was referring to the part where you said it's inherently baked in. I mean, misogynist Catholics exist but generalizing the entire faith as a misogynist one is uh, well, a generalization.

Ehhhh well abbesses have the same ranks as abbots and bishops. They do have some limitations but even that can vary. Some places do give them higher reach than others.

See, but this is the user as opposed to the tool. Let's not forget that men of the cloth are also supposed to be virgins as well, compared to basically every other denominations where the pastor (not the priest) has no such restriction. The purity aspect applies to both genders ("your body is a temple" and all that). Now, that Catholic leaders of old used it to shame women is a different matter. 

This is once again the user rather than the tool. Centuries of corruption and restructuring and whatnot, honestly just practice the faith in accordance to your values.

At the core of misogyny is the strong desire for a mythologized tradition and a driving force for achieving that mythologized tradition has been religion.

I'll say it again, I don't think it's inherent to religion, and I'd argue that a person is more adhering to Jesus's word by not being sexist, but that's not really the issue, the issue is just how often religion is used as a means for enforcing traditional norms, especially gender norms. Any kind of spiritual practice is very effective at enforcing such ideas and has historically been used as such with religion.

Now I see the point right? It's not religion that drives these things, it's our human arrogance that would exist regardless if a person is spiritual or not. But the point of it now is that religion is used overwhelmingly as a tool for these kinds of issues, and regardless of whether or not I think evangelicals are real Christians or not, that doesn't stop them from using Christian dogma to justify their rhetoric. The church as an institution and cultural way of life has completely eclipsed the original philosophies books like the Bible. Many of the religious justifications for misogyny are merely excuses for bigotry present in the current society and I think it's important to recognize how easily it can adopted as an excuse. I say misogyny is baked into the Catholic church, not inherently, but consequently in the institution as through the generations it has been written into scriptures and holy books by men, the true virtue of women, and that has pushed that culture ever forward even if it is not inherent to the concept.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I don't think this is misogynist either. If religion is just man's way of explaining the world, then the fact that only women give birth is, well, because that's just how it is.

Yes but think of it in the eyes of a religious person. If you accept that God made humanity in his vision than you accept that men are the default because God is a man, and women were specifically chosen by him to give birth to men. The point of that sentence was to illustrate how religious stories often enforce that kind of gender essentialism by applying a godly and inherent focus on biology. If you believe God is real and is a man then you believe that the entire fabric of existence inherently has a male bias. It's easy for us to say that women giving birth is simply how we ended up evolving and adheres to no inherent rules of the universe nor does it say anything about the character of an individual but in the theological world there is an entire context on the fundamental creation of humanity you have to consider.

It's why I like the interpretations of God being a genderless being with not even a physical form that we can comprehend, feels much less arrogant.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Isn't gender supposed to be different from sex?

Yes, that was the point of that sentence. Men can also give birth if they were born female.