Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

35 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So whoever saw or climbed it first might've been 🇺🇸.

I mean the city that landed is called New Los Angeles. Nationality-wise, I'd imagine most if not all were Americans.

(Though honestly, NLA has a surprising lack of Hispanics given it's supposed to be LA but the second one. Had to do it myself).

23 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

the MC is a pie for brains

Atelier Rorona.

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

It took me until I got the Shield Ring to realize that I can just destroy projectiles by hitting them. That most certainly would have made things much easier.

The Shield Ring just blocks projectiles altogether. So there is no longer much of a reason to deal with projectiles that way.

Okay, Scenario 38. The Gundam Unicorn finale! Also kinda wrapping up the last bits of Hathaway's Flash the game got, and I guess it is the overall finale for UC Gundam stuff that isn't Crossbone.

Starting with, since I had Hathaway and Lane fight, and live, at Dakar, the Ξ Gundam gains the Missile Pod attack. Comes in both regular and MAP versions.

Not a secret, but the Crossbone guys finally get their mech upgrades, with Tobia getting the X-1 Full Cloth, and Kincade getting Tobia's X-1 Kai Kai... kinda. The game, for some reason, does this weird thing where the Kai Kai is removed from the party, effectively replaced with the Full Cloth. Upgrades gets inherited, as it happens with other mech upgrades that replace the previous unit. Then the game gives a new second Kai Kai that thankfully doesn't need to be upgraded from scratch, as it comes with the upgrades you poured into the MP F91, though you still keep the F91 in the party. Why we couldn't keep the first Kai Kai I don't know. It's not like the game doesn't tweak mech stats whenever it needs to, so if the two Kai Kai's are any different, they could just make the changes with the same one, not replace it with a new one.

Anyway, the party reaches Industrial 7, and Neo Zeon does the same, with some Jupiter Empire support. This is it, the final battle against Neo Zeon begins now!

3 minutes ago, ping said:

And to think that before that he rose in rebellion because Benito Juarez intended to keep re-electing himself.

Mexico in a nutshell.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

And to think that before that he rose in rebellion because Benito Juarez intended to keep re-electing himself.

Mexico in a nutshell.

To be fair, that brand of hypocrisy is hardly a Mexican monopoly. "For the good of the nation, it is imperative that I am in charge" is, like, the basic tenet of every successful revolutionary leader in history.

Just now, ping said:

To be fair, that brand of hypocrisy is hardly a Mexican monopoly. "For the good of the nation, it is imperative that I am in charge" is, like, the basic tenet of every successful revolutionary leader in history.

Yeah, sure. But we certainly did it a lot.

Santa Ana's reelections
Juarez' reelections
Diaz's reelections
PRI Party dictatorship

Others I may not be remembering.

All the way back to the 1800's. We have a life-long history as a country with this, for sure.

It's interesting that Mexico had several revolts/revolutions about that exact issue, that's true.

Okay, let's see. Angelo, Rakhan, and Zabine are among the vanguard forces. The rest are likely to be reinforcements... and in fact, right on next turn Full Frontal himself finally shows up, ditching his Sinanju for the Neo Zeong. Loni is also here, but now in the α Aziel.

So, this is where the second either-of secret unlocking with Frontal happens. Now all of Amuro, Kamille, Judau, Hathaway, and Banagher must fight him. Fortunately, I don't need to do this step since I did the first one.

The second step for the secret related with Loni is here. Hathaway must talk/convince her, then defeat her.

Banagher and Bright are now Aces. I know this progress will get undone since this is the final map of the route split and I will reload and take a different one next... but still.

Duuuuude, Zabine survived an attack with 2 HP left!

So, wanting to be thematic, I had Kincade defeat Zabine, Judau defeat Rakan, and Banagher defeat Angelo. Zabine retreats, unsurprisingly. Angelo also retreats, surprisingly. Rakan finally dies, though. 

Edited by Acacia Sgt

The Rewloola captain, Hill, also dies.

Okay, had Hathaway defeat Loni. They're able to stop the mech and get her back to her senses. I'm guessing if I hadn't done all the steps, Loni dies instead.

Okay, now only Full Frontal remains...

Okay, it's done.

More Unicorn plot events happen. Both Frontal and Banagher, through their Newtype powers, first see the destruction of the Laplace space station, at the beginning of the Universal Century, and the cause of all the conflicts that came afterwards. Then they travel to... well, hard to describe, but Frontal called it the nothing at the end of time. Which he uses to make his point about how now matter what happens, it's worthless since it all leads here. Though of course Banagher protests, and the place is filled with a warm light. Woah, Lalah Sune now shows up!? Well, this happened in the Unicorn anime, but only her voice. SRW V actually gave her a portrait. Neat. Then Amuro shows up, once again telling Frontal that he's not Char. He's not bound to his legacy, and he should be his own person. And now Char himself shows up... again, in Unicorn this was a voiced cameo, but the game also gave him a portrait. It seems everything will be okay now. He and Lalah entrust everything to Amuro and the others, and await the day they can see each other again.

Back in the present, Full Frontal orders a cease fire. Now all that's left is to open Laplace's Box. Whatever it brings... well, they shall see. They also find the original version of the UC Charter, removed and hidden away after the Laplace incident. Frontal thinks revealing its existence and the fact it was hidden away would spark the Spacenoids' fury, as it's proof the Federation planned for Spacenoid discrimination from the very start. As the original charter called for when new forms of being arise in the future, they shall be given special rights to govern. Possibly referring to the Newtypes. Still, Banagher believes instead it is the proof that, had it not be for the people that sabotaged it, the Universal Century would've ushered a new era of peace and harmony.

Char was actually offered Laplace's Box, but he refused, believing more in forging a new path forward. The whole plan was to entrust the box to a Newtype, as they hold the key to lead humanity into the next step of evolution. The Unicorn Gundam was designed to find such Newtype... Banagher. Though he's not fully sure, he nonetheless believes in the potential of people to change and be able to understand each other. And Frontal too, has found a new resolve. He sticks there will be those among Neo Zeon who will resent even more the Federation, but nonetheless will try to get them to see the futility of being chained to the past, and the hope for a better future. With Mineva feeling the same, the choice is made. Laplace's Box will remain unopened, and it and the original UC Charter will remain hidden. A past to be cast away, except for the original desire to bring forth a better future.

In a bit of interesting trivia, Tobia and Kincade muse how the Laplace Box also existed in the NCC Dimension, but the battles never ended over there. Still, the fact the UC Dimension won't follow the same path and won't lead to the "future" they are part of is good enough. If she survived, Loni comes back. She won't fight anymore, but leaves the α Aziel for us to use.

Some in the party have doubt if the Federation will accept Neo Zeon's cease fire, but are sure that even among they have those who have the same believes as the signers of the original charter.

---

For all the good note the map ends... it's not to last. They receive a transmission from the Yamato. The Ground Troops route contained the Shin Mazinger finale, which means Dr. Hell has been brought down at last. But as with Rebuild of Evangelion, this ain't over, for now the Shin Mazinger ZERO vs The Great General of Darkness plot begins... well, kinda.

Shin Mazinger never adapted the Great Mazinger portion of the original storyline. Instead, we got another reboot and quasi-spinoff of Shin Mazinger: Shin Mazinger ZERO, based on a what-if where the ever quandary of "God or Devil" of the Mazingers... resulted in the latter. So you have a destroyed world in which Koji is sent to the past to change fate and all that stuff. This did got a sequel OVA using the Mycenae, and it's what SRW V uses. But even so, this is still more of an original plotline involving them than using the actual plot of the OVA since, well, the original Shin Mazinger ZERO story isn't used.

At the end of the day, regardless, the Mycenae Empire is here. To make matters worse, Koji has disappeared, seemingly consumed by the Mazinger Z. Well, damn. The continuity of Shin Mazinger ZERO is in danger of happening... which is what we're going to stop now.

Well, not right now. Since I am going to reload the save file before the route split.

Okay, after reloading and choosing the AD Dimension route, gonna do a few preparations here...

Akito, Athrun, and Setsuna are now Aces.

Okay, Scenario 37... in a different route. The group warps back in Arzenal, still being rebuilt. Embryo has so far been ignoring them. In regards to the turn-coats... well, Jill herself isn't too fuzzed about it, but Ange and company are still willing to get them out of Embryo's honeyed words... by force, if needed.

Also, I see this is where Tusk starts becoming the third wheel to Hilda and Ange. lol

Just then, Arzenal comes under attack... though Jill stops Ange from deploying right away. It's Amalgam and Embryo's forces, which includes the Diamon Rose members but also AD!Federation AI-controlled mechs since outside the Ragna-Mails, there's nothing else from Cross Ange to use I guess. The second step for the Cross Ange related secret involves either of Hilda and Rosalie to fight Chris. There's more to it, but it requires Ange, who's not here... yet.

In addition, if Ruri made it to Ace, the Nadesico gains the Phase-Transition Cannon, both regular and MAP versions. As with the Garenceries, this isn't route dependant, but you can't use it until after the route split in the other routes. Okay, let's go!

Kira is now an Ace too.

After some events, involving Embryo and Gates infiltrating Arzenal, Ange finally deploys, alongside Tusk and Sosuke. Now that she's here, Ange must fight Ersha, Salia, and Chris too for the second step to unlock the secret. If aiming for the SR Point it can get tight, but it's a matter of getting lucky and getting all three to attack her on the same enemy phase. Or make use of ExC. Didn't even leave it to chance. Got Ange to attack all three on the same turn, phew.

Okay, map done. Hope I did everything correctly. In spite of everything, Embryo still kidnaps Ange. On the flip-side, Ersha managed to come back. But more surprising... or not, Embryo has also kidnapped Marina and Cagalli. Who intends to make all three his... wives. Yeah, Embryo is such a nasty piece of work. Hardcore misogynist and wanting to build a harem. If you think Cross Ange didn't already made it cathartic to see him receive his comeuppance, now imagine how it will be in SRW with more people involved and the player too makes it happen... fun times ahead.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Started SMBWonder. Didn't play much, not even the entirety of the first world (despite demanding reflexes, I was playing a little 🥱). Though I do enjoy Mario 2D platforming, despite a personal record of incompleteness. Being pure gameplay and platformer, I feel like I need to pick something to play alongside side it, as SMB feels kinda insubstantial, the more positive way to look at it would be not all-consuming, like how some RPGs feel.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

(Though honestly, NLA has a surprising lack of Hispanics given it's supposed to be LA but the second one. Had to do it myself).

And how many African-Americans are there in NLA?

I'm going to blame Japan. Not on xenophobia grounds or anything, more like "Japanese developer innocently forgets Black and Hispanic Americans exist". Or maybe, to stay in-universe...

Spoiler

...The selection of people for the White Whale was biased against darker skin tones. Europeans and certain Asians, and probably mostly middle-class.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

From Doom cult to Ero cult?

Wouldn't it be splendid if the greatest threat to humanity was incurable STDs?😃

-Forgot to say before, but "anime girl normalizes cult members" looks like silly good fun.😀

Okay, Scenario 38.

So, in a bit of an interesting change to lore, Tessa reveals how the Yamsk-11 project, which in FMP proper was about connecting to the future, here in SRW V is now instead about connecting to other worlds. And also that the Dragons also covertly had a hand with it. Once again, thanks to the Calculation Unit making any connection possible through psychic waves. This is what begun the development of the Psychommu as well. In any case, here in this SRW game, the Whispered don't receive information from the future, but rather, from parallel worlds. Or rather, world. This is the reason why the history of the NCC and UC Dimensions began to diverge. The Whispered received the information from NCC to UC. Thus leading to the idea of the UC Dimension being a warped world... and why Leonard is set on changing that.

Hmm... I remember. This idea of a world's history heading off course and considered anomalous is something Alphaverse used. Using Classicverse as the "original template" that the Alphaverse world has strayed from.

In any case, seems Leonard has tried to make contact with the original subject of the Yamsk-11, Sophia, who died during the incident but whose spirit lives on and is the one passing the information between worlds... and may have possessed Kaname. Hence why she seems to be cooperating with Leonard.

Well well well. It's a big change from source material canon, but I guess they wanted to put more emphasis on the three worlds setting and how they're connected.

I guess this whole world destroying business is what drove the Leonard-Embryo alliance, since he too has the same "destroy the world and remake it anew" desire. Though in Embryo's case, he wants to fuse the UC and AD worlds into one...

Okay, now we be Zversing this.

Anyway, the group has taken the fight to the Misurugi Empire, intending to rescue Aura from the Dawn Pillar... and at this point just about everyone. Once again, more Federation AI mechs and Amalgam forces, plus Diamond Rose. Let's go!

Ah, I think this is the first time seeing it, due to not taking the other routes back then, but Lord Djibril from Gundam SEED is here, also alive past his canonical death, and also aiding Embryo... and perhaps, always had been.

Defeating Chris leads to an event where she finally reconciles with Hilda and Rosalie, with some help from Athrun, and returns to the party. This makes Salia appear, but also Jill. And this is where the last step begins. Jill must defeat Salia. Upon doing so, it's more of the same, though with Jill and Kira doing the talking now. Meanwhile, Kaname... or Sophia? Anyway, she's helping Ange escape. They come across Leonard... who likewise allows her to leave. Then Sosuke shows up, and manages to bring Kaname back to the forefront. With also Tusk and Momoka showing up, Leonard simply lets it be... for now.

At last, Embryo shows up and stays to actually fight him. And kills Djibril for failing him. So much for showing up, but I guess by taking the routes I did, it was to be expected. He also tris to kill Jill, but Salia deflects the blow. I guess, if the secret wasn't obtained, this wouldn't happen and Jill dies. Since Jill herself is the secret. So I guess this is confirmation I got the whole process right. Yes!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Well, my brother is back. I think it's finally time we get to watch The Witch from Mercury.

Also, the Dai anime was... ah, nevermind. It was the newer version actually. I think.

---

I forgot to say, but Gates finally died last map. The Amalgam bosses here still retreat, though. Hmm... was Gates also a "living past his canon death" character here? Sounds likely...

Oh damn, Embryo has a MAP weapon!!! And acts twice, ugh... ah, didn't used the MAP weapon twice, phew!

Taking him down, Embryo... well, he's gone. The party wonders why even that happened if he supposedly controlled everything. But now, the Dawn Pillar is acting up. Ange attacks it and... they're back in the UC Dimension. Seems the pillar got destroyed and Aura was indeed freed, or at least the characters think so. It was likely she who warped them as even the Tuatha is here, despite not participating in the battle.

And of course, as in the other route, the happy reunions and stuff get interrupted by the news of the Mycenae. Route split over and time to move on.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

XPjhPYC.jpeg

Oh indeed

j4oFQBT.jpeg

A small island amidst nature all alone for you? Lucky

TYjhQmb.jpeg

"Eating Pies are the only moments in my life where i am happy"

kNNjDHG.jpeg

With the cute vibrant artstyle you wouldn't guess that the game hates humans xD

W529s7K.jpeg

see? xD

Well, it's a story in a Witch hunt Setting and our MC is a witch

fvbYrin.jpeg

Hey, this is lookism smh

Ws3XkSA.jpeg

Yay for science?

AGD4Dqp.jpeg

I am used to flying robots being my enemy in JRPGs not on my side O:

gSaAhB2.jpeg
TbwlmSu.jpeg

Well, was fun while it lasted xD

LSDKeJV.jpeg

JL5LKPT.jpeg

Come on, Mr. Lion, atleast have little trust - yeah witch hunts at all but humans are not that bad!

O40Jwd2.jpeg
txcq67b.jpeg

Never mind xD

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Started SMBWonder.

ayy enjoy :D

"anime girl normalizes cult members"

Dunno if worshipping here instead of Doom Dragon of plot destroying doom can be count as "normalizing", but it's defo an improvement xD

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Okay, so, from the unplayed, for now, third path, Koji is gone from the party naturally, but Tetsuya is back for good, and Joe the Ace also joined there.

Also... huh, wait, hold the phone. The Ξ Gundam has the missile pods... but I didn't chose the path. So it can happen already?

Okay, I guess I could say this now. SRW V has this interesting detail where some secrets... are obtained automatically from New Game Plus onwards. Not all of them, and not just the ones related to kill counts and Aces, as Score transfers over for NG+ as well. I think you still need to unlock them at least once, but once you do, they're unlocked for good it seems. And... apparently, you don't even have to wait for the second playthrough. Just unlock it, and even if you reload and take a different path, they get unlocked already in the first playthrough. Well, that's neat!

This is the reason why I changed my plans. Both the missile pods and Jill are among the secrets that get unlocked for good. Now I no longer need to take the AD Dimension path of this route split to unlock her, leaving me free to take the others. That said, the α Aziel still needs to get unlocked every time, so choosing the Space route is still needed to get it. But then, for my second playthrough I am going with the Earth route. Well, when it comes to SRW, my priority when unlocking stuff goes:

Characters first, units and weapons second.

Even if I don't plan to use them, I like having the characters present for story purposes. But then why I'm still ditching the α Aziel if Jill becomes a free unlock? Since it requires going through two specific paths during the route splits, and the first one is one I'm not taking on the second playthrough anyway. So if I'm not going to get it... well, might as well go all the way in that sense. Also to keep some thematic sense, which I'll explain later on.

6 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Shrimp pizza

1159419258774749204.webp?size=56&quality1159419258774749204.webp?size=56&quality1159419258774749204.webp?size=56&quality1159419258774749204.webp?size=56&quality1159419258774749204.webp?size=56&quality1159419258774749204.webp?size=56&quality1159419258774749204.webp?size=56&quality1159419258774749204.webp?size=56&quality1159419258774749204.webp?size=56&quality1159419258774749204.webp?size=56&quality1159419258774749204.webp?size=56&quality1159419258774749204.webp?size=56&quality

JgMHKO6.gif

I can't let this blasphemy pass.

And how many African-Americans are there in NLA?

I think there's a few NPCs.

The selection of people for the White Whale was biased against darker skin tones. Europeans and certain Asians, and probably mostly middle-class.

The middle class probably but the President of the ECP we know was called Mira Torres and that's where the planet got it's name from.

El poder Latino no se detiene. 

Edited by Armagon

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I think there's a few NPCs.

African-Americans are one group you don't have to worry about not being represented on any fictional depiction of the US, I'd think. For obvious reasons.

Unless their absence is the point of the plot, perhaps.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The middle class probably but the President of the ECP we know was called Mira Torres and that's where the planet got it's name from.

Amen, hermano.

---

Gonna say... there's something a bit... unfortunate with the Spanish dub of Witch from Mercury.

Because one of the characters is called Miorine... and they didn't change the pronounciation. So it sounds like... yeah...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

20 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

TYjhQmb.jpeg

Veeeery lighthearted innocently cute.😄

22 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

AGD4Dqp.jpeg

I am used to flying robots being my enemy in JRPGs not on my side O:

Shoulder-mounted twin cannons, a mecha classic.🤓

A mole pilot? is new to me though.😆

37 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

ayy enjoy :D

I'm not being floored by the Wonder Flower stuff as maybe I should, but I am quietly taking enjoyment from the game.😀

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I just remembered Grenada Galactic Group is a thing. Looking at the Xeno wiki, it seems the translators may have mistranslated the Japanese and it should be Granada, you can check faster than I, but I think it's mentioned at the AM Terminal that they're Spanish in origin?

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Because one of the characters is called Miorine... and they didn't change the pronounciation. So it sounds like... yeah...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that's incredible unfortunate.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I just remembered Grenada Galactic Group is a thing. Looking at the Xeno wiki, it seems the translators may have mistranslated the Japanese and it should be Granada, you can check faster than I, but I think it's mentioned at the AM Terminal that they're Spanish in origin?

"Its CEO is Carmela Celena" ok not gonna lie this name just feels like this

Okay, Scenario 39. It's the 2.0: You Can (Not) Advance finale, so we're wrapping the Rebuild of Evangelion plotline here.

Starting with the planned activation of the Unit-03. In Rebuild it's Asuka who pilots it, not Toji.

The rest of the party regroups at the Science Fortress Laboratory... where a giant crater lies next to it now. During the catch-up part, Joe reveals an interesting tidbit, having learned about his father's killer. Exev, the one behind the DG Alliance... and who is also working with the Myceneae. Stuff covered in the two routes I played is next. But then Tetsuya reveals an interesting detail too. All this time Ashura sought revenge against Dr. Hell, having used both of their bodies to make Ashura. Ashura themselves originally planned to awaken the Gods of Mycenae... basically, the Greek ones. Or at least named after them. Or maybe they were the actual beings the ancient Greeks worshiped. Anyway, the Mycenae once battled with the ancestors of the Dragons. The former got trapped in a dimensional gap as a result. But now, they're back, having been freed with Ashura's final breath I believe. This caused the awakening of the Mazinger ZERO. It defeated Hades, which forced the Mycenae to retreat... but it also consumed Koji and then disappeared. This is what Tetsuya was also hoping to stop from happening... but well, it still happened. This is also where he reveals he's Koji's uncle. He was thought dead at Bardos Island... and indeed, he kinda did. But surgery saved him and then was put into cryogenic sleep for ten years. He said nothing about his goal before since... that could've make the ZERO consume Koji much earlier depending on how Koji could take the news. Just as he's about to explain why he also was seemingly after Ryoma... they receive word of an Angel attack.

So, back with the whole Unit-03 thing. Though the pilot is different, what doesn't change is Bardiel having gotten inside it and take control of it. In the original Bardiel is the Thirteenth Angel, but in Rebuild its the Ninth. So yeah, the movies skipped more Angels.

Map begins by the Geofront. Just Shinji and Rei against Bardiel. But Unit-02 deploys too, and Mari finally makes her entrance. At least in the main story, since she kinda cameo'ed in the Secret Scenario that early unlocked Bonta-kun.

Okay, last step for the Evangelion related secret. Two of three things must be done in this stage to unlock the secret. One, Shinji must be an Ace by the end of the map. Two, he must defeat the Ninth Angel. He's at 59 Score right now, so I can fulfilled the threshold in one scoop. Let's go!

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I wonder if it's a Gundam reference. Granada is a city on the Moon in UC Gundam, and Anaheim has a factory there, if I recall.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that's incredible unfortunate.

Yeah, it's... did they thought it was fine keeping it that way? Even just dropping the E would've been fine...

Edited by Acacia Sgt