• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Game looks cute

But it's witch hunt setting where our MC faces execution on every corner, people are thrown over cliffs for sign of witchcraft, human experimentation, etc.

As long as it isn't too graphic, too... intense, it doesn't sound bad to me.😀

9 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Super enjoying it. 20h in less than 4 days say everything

Even with witches, I assumed this would be -knowing nothing about the game- niche JRPG 7/10 obscurity. -And maybe it would be for others, but the truly important thing is that it's mega-fun for you.😃

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As long as it isn't too graphic, too... intense, it doesn't sound bad to me

Yeah dw

a bit could've added to the immersion tho

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Even with witches, I assumed this would be -knowing nothing about the game- niche JRPG 7/10 obscurity. -And maybe it would be for others, but the truly important thing is that it's mega-fun for you.😃

😄

My Witch bias aside, the reviews for this game have been glowing from players, calling it a hidden gem and stuff - and i can honestly confirm so far

31 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Messing with the colors I see

Yeah I was doing it in my first file too. But most of it was just "let's try it and see what happens". The one I did for the Ares 90 and this one are the only intentional recolors I've done.

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

She wanted to meet her daughter again, hence she bound her soul to her dead body

Isn't that just being alive but with extra steps?

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The one I did for the Ares 90

on the topic: I always found it funny that getting the Ares 90 was some kind of milestone for the game, even though it's just tedious grinding not unlike many games. XD

16 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

on the topic: I always found it funny that getting the Ares 90 was some kind of milestone for the game, even though it's just tedious grinding not unlike many games. XD

It requires less grinding than making a Lv.60 Skell more powerful than the Ares.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It requires less grinding than making a Lv.60 Skell more powerful than the Ares.

Well sure, but in the end it's still just grinding, not anything special, really.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

a bit could've added to the immersion tho

I was speaking of my personal tolerances. Dark stuff doesn't inherently bother me, I remember SMT: Strange Journey threw you in a prison at one point, with low quality first-person 3D dungeon-crawler DS still-image graphics. They had you witness your fellow captive humans get experimented on by demons, with the demons showing bloody playful curiosity saying stuff like "Let's drill into this human's skull and see what happens! Oh they stopped moving, oh what a good thing we demons have done.". Didn't bother me, even though I actually sought a reaction of... being "drained"... akin to that I always uncomfortably experienced on four playthroughs of SMTIV going through one particular area.

Where it crosses the line for me... (the destruction of) innocence, vulnerability, violation. Witnessing people in stories go through these things makes me want to *skip*.

-But that's just me, I understand if a dash of painful rawness makes fiction better for some people.

16 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

My Witch bias aside, the reviews for this game have been glowing from players, calling it a hidden gem and stuff - and i can honestly confirm so far

Nice to hear.😉

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Isn't that just being alive but with extra steps?

Fire Emblem Parent says that ain't always easy, and would like to learn these "extra steps".

...Setting aside Revelation, which I'm not sure really counts, maybe FE should try this once. (Or even the entire playable army minus maybe the lord is dead (except in this case the player would obviously know this from the start), like a few RPGs have done.)

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fire Emblem Parent says that ain't always easy, and would like to learn these "extra steps".

...Setting aside Revelation, which I'm not sure really counts, maybe FE should try this once. (Or even the entire playable army minus maybe the lord is dead (except in this case the player would obviously know this from the start), like a few RPGs have done.)

Hmm, do they...? Either way...

Morion and Hyacinth: First time?

Also, that's just Fell Xenologue with extra steps.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Also, that's just Fell Xenologue with extra steps.

-Sorry for not having played Engage yet (and I think I'd skip the DLC anyhow).😆

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer and @Shrimpy -Limited Edition- because of his new interest in Vanillaware

I'm gonna do this. I played the Wii version but Rebirth has substantial new content to try out.

Niiiice!😁

-Though, not right now. Other games first.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

-Sorry for not having played Engage yet (and I think I'd skip the DLC anyhow).😆

'tis fine.

But now you made me think on Nergal deploying Elbert and Uther Morphs in the final battle.

I finished Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for the first time. The lategame was harder than I was expecting, but it was a fun time.

(Should I use a spoiler tag for the ending of a 23 year old game? Sonic 3 will probably be inspired by it, so...)

Spoiler

I've known for a while now that Shadow was originally planned to be a one-shot character, but it never really sank in that he was supposed to die permanently until now. Even the original plan for Sonic Heroes didn't include him, and that had basically every character introduced up to that point. But of course Sonic Heroes did bring him back, and Shadow's place in the franchise has been well established since then.

Now I just have to complete all the Chao races. But since most of my Chao are older than some users of this forum at this point, none of them evolved the way I wanted them to...

On 2/17/2024 at 7:18 PM, BrightBow said:

Granted, he is playing with fire there. Arzette's Smart Sword does not hurt anyone friendly. And pulling a knife on someone is not very friendly.

"My sword won't hurt anyone friendly. Luckily, this isn't my sword."

22 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Now I just have to complete all the Chao races. But since most of my Chao are older than some users of this forum at this point, none of them evolved the way I wanted them to

Another Chao player!!!

18 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I certainly owe my dad. By introducing me to Robotech, it's where I got my love for mecha, heh.

I've been forgetting to comment on this.😅 Not much to say, but a quaint personal detail, thanks for sharing.😀

55 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

But now you made me think on Nergal deploying Elbert and Uther Morphs in the final battle.

Nergal isn't HUGE on watching the heroes suffer and intentionally mocking them. But, I don't think it'd be out of character at all for him to have done that. He probably enjoys "sculpting" the morphs anyhow, given his final comments towards Limstella. If he had morphs of the dead dad & brother, I'd probably put them right next to him at the top of the map after all the other morphs are defeated in the final battle, elevate them over his other final creations, in a desecrating-to-the-deceased way.

33 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I finished Sonic Adventure 2 Battle for the first time. The lategame was harder than I was expecting, but it was a fun time.

My commendations!😃 No idea when you first began, but if it was years ago, I get it, I've done that, it happens.😅

The last Sonic and Shadow stages are long and kinda weird, from what I remember. Although it's the last room in Sonic's second-to-last stage that's particularly infamous to me. Eggman's final stage is mindlessly fun though. Tails's was so-so, Knuckle's was okay, Rouge's felt too big/spaced out.

On the final final stage... I don't remember it too well. But I never finished the game because the final boss phase one was too tricky.

And sure, I'll jump in spoilers...

Spoiler

I've known for a while now that Shadow was originally planned to be a one-shot character, but it never really sank in that he was supposed to die permanently until now.

If you stop a colony drop with your rival, you should go forever MIA. You too should've, Sonic!

Even the original plan for Sonic Heroes didn't include him,

...Now this I was not aware of. (Or actually I probably was, but I forgot.😆) *Checks Sonic Wiki*

• Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles
  • Amy, Cream, and Rouge
  • Chaos, E-102 Gamma, and Big
  • Espio, Charmy, and Vector
  • Fang, Bean, and Bark
  • Metal Sonic, Ray, and Mighty

Third trio feels really forced. I get it's Adventure 1-themed, but there is not one iota of conceivable chemistry between them. Can Chaos even speak? (Playable Chaos is cool though, I liked that in A2B's 2P mode. Just as long as he isn't as Armor Knight In A Desert slow as his Sonic Battle incarnation.) -And three trios of obscures looks like too many, Chaotix was enough.

The Femme Trio isn't bad though, would've been a fine contrast to the all-male Core Trio. I wouldn't be so forlorn at the absence of Shadow, so much as the lack of Heroes's own Omega. Gamma looks more "classic Eggman robot", but Omega's cooler design can't be denied.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I've been forgetting to comment on this.😅 Not much to say, but a quaint personal detail, thanks for sharing.😀

Yeah. It was also among the first media I got to see. Or that I remember seeing, at least. It was far back enough that my dad owned several Macross episodes on laserdisc.

Nergal isn't HUGE on watching the heroes suffer and intentionally mocking them. But, I don't think it'd be out of character at all for him to have done that. He probably enjoys "sculpting" the morphs anyhow, given his final comments towards Limstella. If he had morphs of the dead dads, I'd probably put them right next to him at the top of the map after all the other morphs are defeated in the final battle, elevate them over his other final creations, in a desecrating-to-the-deceased way.

Well, he did arrived to mock Ninian's death and rub it on Eliwood's face that he himself did it. So he could've done it...

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, he did arrived to mock Ninian's death and rub it on Eliwood's face that he himself did it. So he could've done it...

He did do that, I didn't forget it, since the CG used for that has two versions, with/out Nergal. So I can see him doing it.

My point was more, in the record of villains I've seen who relished in mockery and tormenting people, he doesn't rank super-high or anything. The madman that be but a husk who has forgotten what he original set out to do, can play calm & serious, he isn't uncontrollably given to seeking thrill at every opportunity.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He did do that, I didn't forget it, since the CG used for that has two versions, with/out Nergal. So I can see him doing it.

My point was more, in the record of villains I've seen who relished in mockery and tormenting people, he doesn't rank super-high or anything. The madman that be but a husk who has forgotten what he original set out to do, can play calm & serious, he isn't uncontrollably given to seeking thrill at every opportunity.

Ah, right, that's true.

---

As a side note, it's surprising that it took that long for FE to do it, despite all the various revival or pseudo-revival methods that existed.

Duma could've brought back Rudolf and even Lima IV as Terrors... but didn't. Granted, his SoV version likely couldn't think on doing that, but in Gaiden no excuse.

Manfroy could've turned any of Sigurd/Dierdre/Cuan/Ethlyn into Dreadlords... but didn't.

Already talked about Nergal having Elbert/Uther Morphs... but didn't.

Lyon/DemonKing could've reanimated Fado's corpse... but didn't.

Ashera could've reanimated Greil's corpse as a Disciple of Order... but didn't. Then again, she's not omniscient.

Grima likely did turned many of the original parents from the Bad Future into Risen... but none followed it to the past. And then in Future Past none are seen. Perhaps Grima didn't, but still...

Edited by Acacia Sgt