Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

They turned him into a gacha.

A pet actually (see bottom right) xD

Game has a familiar system were we summon mons we captured (mind controlled) to fight for us - he is now in the list, even tho he gets warped around instead lol

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Shrimpy -Limited Edition- Unicron demo is out. Carries over to full game.

Yeah saw - dunno if i will try it now tho

14 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Atlus try not to remake your games by adding a new mystery girl challenge (IMPOSSIBLE).

Noc-turne!😈

...Which is honestly the best updated version of a game that they've probably ever done. Which is sad given how long ago Nocturne (Maniax) came out. -Not to say I've played every enhanced edition Atlus has ever made, but from what I read that seems to be the case. While the Labyrinth of Amala is optional, the narrative additions seem to be the most-fitting/least-jarring, to the point the bonus ending it gives has become the canon that at least SMTIV: Apocalypse referenced.

...That I still have SMTV unfinished does hit me with a tinge of something.😅 Though I'll bear with it, I'm not such a MegaTen megafan that I need to buy (or upgrade if that's an option) to an updated edition.

-Also, I just want to blurt it out, but I hate seeing commenting whining about the performance of SMTV. IT'S PERFECTLY PLAYABLE YA WHINY MORONS! WHAT'S THE PROBLEM!?! ...Or maybe I have really low standards.😆

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

13 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Yeah saw - dunno if i will try it now tho

>Asks for a demo

>Gets a demo

>Doesn't play it

What did he mean by this?

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That I still have SMTV unfinished does hit me with a tinge of something.😅 Though I'll bear with it, I'm not such a MegaTen megafan that I need to buy (or upgrade if that's an option) to an updated edition

It does say something about mainline Megaten and Persona when the best strat is to just wait for the updated port to come out.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It does say something about mainline Megaten and Persona when the best strat is to just wait for the updated port to come out.

I get it, back in the old days before DLC was a thing. And for the games Atlus moved from the DS to 3DS. But now? Inexcusable.

At least with SMTIV, they opted for a direct sequel instead of an enhanced edition. (A slightly weird "direct" sequel because it begins when the original game's story is only 95% finished, and then IV: Apocalypse takes a wild turn that keep that last 5% from ever being fulfilled. -But a sequel reusing many of the old environments nonetheless.)

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Eternights-Initiate.png

Conditions are right, let's begin.

I wrote out rambling paragraphs trying to get the icebergs to melt on typical last-minute cold feet -but the post started acting up, so I deleted it all.😅 Still, the forest of nonsensical butterflies in my stomach which I should not have starting up a video game (a sign I live an IRL life too problem-free), has diminished in size. I exhaled, now to inhale some cheesy 6-7/10 Western fan of anime games's solo project, well aware of what I have chosen to get myself into.😆

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

YOOOOOOOOOOOOO LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

>Enemy frozen (AT bar slower)

>I attack with fire

>Freeze status gone

>Enemy gets AT-advance

Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.jp

Yes yes that’s nice and all, but we all know who the real star of the Direct was:

Edited by Sidereal Wraith

7 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Wraith is a SAO fan?

3 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Turns out he is the weebiest amongst us.

Hook, line and sinker.

If I had a nickel for every time a lady in her mid to late 30s got me as a wrong number and started coming onto me when I acted kind in response I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice.

8 hours ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

kacJuBe.jpeg

PDAfEp0.jpeg

The sexual dimorphism of these characters is killing me.

8 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

I can be such an asshole.

It's okay, Wraith. We know Ruben claims to hate Anime but loves Berwick too. You can admit it when you feel ready.

20240221125659-1.jpg

First thing you can interact with in the game.

Oh what this portends.

20240221132003-1.jpg

Camera panned from the feet up, so a nice crouches-parallel shot. (I chose to spare everyone here the image, even though I took the shot.😜)

-I was a little annoyed by the game starting off assuming you're str8. So I appreciated this first little nod my way. ...Although they chose not to make the MC's male best friend a romance choice, would evened things out to 3 het 2 homo options. But then, I can also understand the game design argument of not making everyone "playersexual", even if a game with as tiny a cast as this arguably shouldn't be that way. I'd take a best friend, Atsuro, Daichi.

Making the first m/m "offering" being the choice to jump in a locker while desperately running away from zombies is something. (I could've alternatively chosen the lone female present ATM, but I correctly guessed in the heat of the moment why the choice existed.😉) And having a very basic QTE during this locker scene, which if you fail, results in the zombies noticing where you're hiding and killing you, is extra something. -But I'm the kind of person who can smile it off and NOT deduct 5/10 points for it.😃 Go ahead if you want to review like that, I can bear with it here, as I long as I get my (consensual, wouldn't feel right if it wasn't) pick down the way.😊

Oh, and yeah I can see the blatant Persona inspiration.😛 Although, given the context of how you're introduced to Not-Philemon, they should've let you chosen whether they appear in a male or female manifestation, and not simply come in only-female. A powerful god-like entity born of the Not-Sea of Souls aka humanity's collective unconscious can take whatever form they desire, after all. Devil Survivor 2 let you choose a male Tico or female Tico as your Nicaea app/website guide, and they were just a AI-personality that barely showed up in a game without any true dating.

35 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's okay, Wraith. We know Ruben claims to hate Anime but loves Berwick too. You can admit it when you feel ready.

Then do I have a bridge to sell to you Acacia Sgt.

0cMJWJS.jpeg

Not sus at all

kXi9dbQ.jpeg

For real

jVNjkQS.jpeg
JYF11aJ.jpeg

Squad, Assemble!

aWdWwEj.jpeg

Little Ice Dragon > Giant Fire Dragon

EXNU67e.jpeg

Sus

ZuDGvjJ.jpeg

I get to summon a giant Dragon? O:

tjHCIhA.jpeg

Bro wth is that MP cost lmao

njBH5TK.jpeg

The only way to use him lol

Q7SyOqX.jpeg

Ya know, for a single player turn based JRPG it has alot of extra bosses - then again, hunting them to get stronger crafting materials to hunt stronger extra bosses is one of the sellings point of the game me thinks - and that combat is at it's most fun there honestly

54 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

If I had a nickel for every time a lady in her mid to late 30s got me as a wrong number and started coming onto me when I acted kind in response I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice.

...Yeesh.

54 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

The sexual dimorphism of these characters is killing me.

Dude's hanging on to that beard for dear masculinity.

50 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oi.

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
58 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oi.

Wow, Berwick must be awful then. 

shin-megami-tensei-v-vengeance-gameplay-

...Now I really feel like I'm missing out.😛

"A new item will allow players to reset the Nahobino’s parameters and relocate his stats."

I don't regret going with a magic build, since it's always plenty strong and more versatile than physical in SMT. But being able to reset and pivot to a physical one later (when physical attacks tend to actually become powerful in SMT) sounds like it would've been nice.😐