Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

8 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

man, are they trying to outFE FE with this writing lmao

Are we talking about pre-Awakening or post-Awakening FE writing?

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For me, a 10/10 probably only exists in the higher plane where all ideas originate in perfected form before emanating imperfectly into this lower realm. ...Maybe not the best practical thing to include in a rating a system.šŸ˜†

This is why I prefer to just let my words speak for themselves rather than make a rating that only really makes sense to myself with everyone else having to go off of their own interpretations of what the numbered rating or rank means. An 8/10 for one game could be completely different from another 8/10 game, and with thoughts and opinions on media constantly changing over time, a rating a fairly permanent mark on what is an impermanent experience.

11 minutes ago, Sidereal Wraith said:

Are we talking about pre-Awakening or post-Awakening FE writing?

You do know that i think that both are mostly trash when it comes to writing, right? šŸ˜›Ā 

Edited by Shrimpy -Limited Edition-

Unicorn Overlord is a revelation that makes me realize FE4 would be better if it was real time.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

For me, a 10/10 probably only exists in the higher plane where all ideas originate in perfected form before emanating imperfectly into this lower realm. ...Maybe not the best practical thing to include in a rating a system.šŸ˜†

For me a 10/10 is a 9/10 but there's something special I can't quantify.

25 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

man, are they trying to outFE FE with this writing lmao

On one hand, maybe.

On the other hand, the demo alone gave a minor boss some actual depth that FE barely does.

5 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

You do know that i think that both are mostly trash when it comes to writing, right? šŸ˜›Ā 

I still hope against hope Shrimp-kun that one dayā€¦

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Unicorn Overlord is a revelation that makes me realize FE4 would be better if it was real time

I already said this before - FE4 would be better as a Warriors game. Which is also real time

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

On the other hand, the demo alone gave a minor boss some actual depth that FE barely does.

I'd prefer if they weren't Kaga'd

Just now, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I'd prefer if they weren't Kaga'd

Oh the one I'm talking about isn't.

Actually most of the baddies in the demo you fight aren't Kaga'd, which makes me wonder to what extent that plot point will go to.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh the one I'm talking about isn't.

Actually most of the baddies in the demo you fight aren't Kaga'd, which makes me wonder to what extent that plot point will go to.

I already fought 3 man and i am still early in the demo xD

36 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

I already fought 3 man and i am still early in the demo xD

Frontloaded.

I mean don't get me wrong, it's dumb as hell but I can say it doesn't actually show up that much in the five hours of game time you get.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Unicorn Overlord is a revelation that makes me realize FE4 would be better if it was real time.

Complete with it happening in a single giant map of Jugdral?

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Alright, time to resume SRW V Scenario 39. Only Zeruel and Gardim to defeat.

On that subject, something interesting to take note here. If I understand correctly, in the Rebuild movies, Shinji became too obsessed/unhinged in trying to save Rei, it's what led to him triggering Third Impact. But in this game, by having it happen concurrently with Bardiel taking over Unit-03, and ZERO trying to assimilate Koji, it causes Shinji's focus to split between saving all three of Koji, Asuka, and Rei. Combined with all the other heroes being there to support/encourage him, and just overall him living a different, and better, life compared to the source material, results in... well, no Third Impact. And this is how the game only stops up to the second movie in terms of plot.

Alright, Zeruel down! Now just to rout the remaining Gardim forces...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Ruri has become my first Great Ace.

Alright, map routed. So, Third Impact isn't happening... but space-time is going out of whack instead. Exev finally shows himself, and reveals he's been working with Leonard and Embryo, who the party is shocked to see is still alive. And then it whites out...

So, since I did had Shinji fulfill the requirements, I unlock the next Secret Scenario. Where the aftermath can be seen already... or almost. The space-time fusion was actually held back by Aura, but barely. She can't hold out forever, so if nothing is done... Aura can only say the only way to stop it is by going to... Iscandar. So it all comes full circle, huh.

As for the scenario itself, even despite the above, NERV comes under attack once again. By... Sachiel again? What. You know, I'm pretty sure SRW F/FF actually did this too. Had Sachiel reappear like... way long after it was defeated. Anyway, Gardim mechs also show up. The party actually left days before, so it's just the EVA's here, sans Shinji. This include Mari in her Unit-08Ī±, who... well, she joins the party regardless, but if the Secret Scenario was unlocked, then she joins right now.

Well... fun, I have none of them upgraded (beyond what they had when joining) or power parts. Let's see here...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I think the stage might be aware I could've not used them, since the enemies don't look that strong. Might not even be upgraded. Worst-case scenario, the EVA's do have the AT-Fields, plus Rei can Repair.

Okay, now more defeated Angels are showing up again. Did Rebuild do this? I know the game isn't using the third movie's plot, but that doesn't mean some elements of it can't show up. Oh, hi there, Kaworu. Will we be hearing Symphony No. 9 here? Anyway, Shinji finally deploys... in Unit-13, with Kaworu as sub-pilot. This is what the main unlock of the scenario. It doesn't replace Unit-01, though. It's more like Bonta-kun where you can switch Shinji around. Unit-01 is statistically stronger, I think, but Kaworu only sub-pilots in Unit-13.

Okay, now I have someone with upgrades and stuff... and this is also the time the party finally comes back. Let's go!

I can't believe Shinji of all people now has a harem...

Okay, this map was simple. I feel the Angels came back not because it happened in Rebuild, but because... well, they're the only EVA themed enemies, which is why I guess Gardim was still around to pad out the enemy roster.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Complete with it happening in a single giant map of Jugdral?

Yes. Bloody hell yes, this is exactly how it'd be based.

45 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

51NHrzC.png

There's a Doctor Who plot about this somewhere I'm sure..../s

I forgot to mention this, though even though there was long stopping more chances to get points, Scenario 39 is where the game checks for the Titans and Lane points.

Anyway... so, without having the Pre-Order Bonus DLC, now is when a Special Scenario opens up that allows us to get the Grungust and Huckebein.

Though first, a scene that plays regardless (I'm pretty sure) happens, with Tetsuya finally explaining on some things. And this is where Kenzo Kabuto finally makes his entrance. Doesn't look much will get revealed here, though. Even Kenzo says the full explanation will have to wait.

Back with the party, the preparations are underway. Finally, after a thirty-or-so scenarios of interruption, we're back to where it all began. With the journey to Iscandar. but now, with the forces of the three dimensions joining together to save them all. Though first... looks like Gardim are attacking some incoming allies, who are... yep, Grungy and Huckey. Seems it was their... *puts on sunglasses* Time to Come.

Fun fact, in this game, Grungust and Huckebein were developed by NCC Dimension's Nikola Wilhelm Institute. So named after Nikola Tesla and Wilhelm Reicht. Or Leicht, if you will. If you know, you know.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

40 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There's a Doctor Who plot about this somewhere I'm sure..../s

I know there is an Enterprise episode about it, at least.

Took them only until the 4th episode too.

Looks like this was a simple stage. No reinforcements whatsoever. The fact Lottie and Velt were the only ones deployed means it's also basically a free-use of Sub-Orders for all the party. Still...

Ah, if only I could have the Pre-Order Bonuses...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Scenario 40

Oh wow, Akatuski pitches in with 500K money. Nice. And he's called a cheapskate anyway, haha. Anyway, not all of our allies are staying behind guarding the front. Among the people also coming with us are:

Hamada
Sally (as a part-time job, because of course)
Full Frontal (but isn't joining the party as a playable unit, boooo)
Mineva
Lane (if enough Lane Points were obtained, joins as a playable unit)
Jerid and Yazan (if enough Titans Points were obtained, join as playable units)

So yeah, Lane, Jerid, and Yazan were recruitable characters. Oh wow, Jerid actually apologized to Kamille about making fun of his name. In any case, I think even I forgot about it, but it looks like Cagalli and Marina were nowhere to be found after the events at Misurugi. They might still be captive by Embryo, as it were...

Looks like Hilda finally confessed to Ange and... lol, Tusk is aware he is becoming the third wheel.

So, the plan is set. The Yamato will use its WMG to open a dimensional rift, which then the party will Parallel Boson Jump into the NCC Dimension, using Getter Rays by molding them with the characters' desires to return there to will a path there. YES, BELIEVE IN GETTER! Now this is where Kenzo reveals he worked with Dr. Saotome and so has some notes and done some experimentation of his own. As it turns out, it was an experimental failure that sent Tetsuya to the NCC Dimension, but which led to the development of the teleportation system. Kenzo has a "final plan" which is the crux of the system, which he can't reveal just yet...

So, with the Yamato storyline coming back to the forefront, so does the issue of the Izumo Plan... but with all the changes happening thanks to this game, seems it's now faltering. But it seems it leaves Ito open to be paid a visit by Embryo. Who is not alone, as he arrived with...

Turns out, it was Dr. Saotome, who stole Kenzo's trump card... the Shin Getter Dragon! Looks like we finally be advancing through Armageddon's plotline at last. He calls forth Metal Beasts, but also Mycenae forces show up led by Garadabla, here to avenge Hades. Okay, let's do this!

So, after defeating Saotome, he calls forth Embryo, who reveals it was him who revived Saotome. Though it seems he's not quite under his control. Saotome is not happy to be brought back to life, again, and seems he had only been putting on an act of being subservient to Embryo. Saotome then pours forth the finishing touches to the Shin Getter Dragon, and intends to die and join theĀ LifestreamĀ Getter Rays to watch how humankind evolves further. Though before that, he gets to have a tearful reunion with Kei, as the team intended to pilot the Getter is already onboard.

Ā 

Aw yeah!

Embryo ain't happy he got duped, and then receives a Getter Beam to the face. Though at this point the group knows he likely isn't dead. With a final farewell, Saotome finally joins the Getter Rays.

The Mycenae come back, but the Dragons appear and drive them off. Then Gamillas forces show up, alongside Jupiter Empire... but also Neo Zeon (as Frontal said, not all would be content with the war ending and peace with the Federation achieved) and Martian Successors. Seems the heroes aren't the only ones doing the Three World Alliance thing. Alright, let's do this!

So, we finally have the Shin Getter Dragon... our ninth and final battleship. Yes, Shin Getter Dragon is a battleship! That's a thing. Being a Getter, it's naturally a three-person team on board. It can't transform (outside attack animations), but it trades it for... battleship status I guess. I know the Z games also had it be a battleship. It wasn't one in D, though.

Edited by Acacia Sgt