• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Posted (edited)

Well, this is a surprise.

DD has Zeta be post-script, but they're bringing Scrirocco back? Wow.

For how much Zeta shows up in SRW, after a point they stopped using its plotline. The last time was Z1, and before that it was all the way to Alpha 1! This, in turn, means Scirocco didn't showed up a lot in SRW either. The video itself has one of the comments point out he showed up in Cross-Omega, but when it comes to mainline SRW's, it's still a large gap.

Yeah, like... 2, 2G, 3, F/FF, 64, Compact, Alpha 1, Z1... I think that's all the times he showed up. And Zeta's storyline just about the same (for Classicverse only F/FF kinda counts since the Titans characters were part of DC during 2, 3, and 4; only in F/FF they existed as a separate organization).

Edited by Acacia Sgt

OMG, yes, my Rescue Team was, well, rescued! I even got a Tiny Reviving Seed from it, too. So I'm back to... having one. Do I dare try to fight Rayquaza again right now? Hmm...

Posted (edited)

Huh!? I won after a few turns. Did Rayquaza's HP... not recovered?

*looks up*

Oh! Rayquaza's HP is not set to return back to full after a failed attempt. Seems it's only for him and for this fight only. That's... well then! Which was good since I still had to use that Tiny Reviver Seed. Thought I would be a goner again, but thankfully Ice Beam proc'ed Frozen at least once.

Now I feel bad I had no money set aside to reward my rescuer. Though from my understanding, they still get a couple vitamins and gummies regardless, so good thing they still get something out of it.

Alright! I finished the main story! I finish the main story...

*remembers how the ending goes*

Pedro Pascal Laughing Then Crying GIF - Pedro Pascal Laughing Then Crying -  Discover & Share GIFs

I'll say, though, reaching this point, all those years back... it was really moving. For a while I was more interested in the Mystery Dungeon spin-offs over the mainline games. And part of that was due to the story. I have much regret I never got a DS, and as such could not get one of the Explorers games. Even when I got a 3DS, I never thought to hunt it down. At least I would eventually get Explorers of Sky on the Wii U.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Posted (edited)

Okay, it's time. The Thousand Year Door, here I go!

> Hits a cockroach with the hammer at random

> Gains a coin

Did that... that's new, isn't it?

I feel it is easier to Superguard now, I feel. Or I am just better at this? Maybe the former...

I'd say, after Thousands of Doors, I just can't see this game the same way ever again.

I keep forgetting to press A instead of down for the pipes, haha. Or rather, I immediately press down as soon as I jump in.

Alright, reached Chapter 1.

Even with fighting Gus and every enemy I saw, I'm surprised it took until Petal Meadows to level up.

Man, part of me does wish the gamer kid had actually updated dialogue to mention Engage, haha.

Okay, defeated the Gold Fuzzy. Man, even Guarding was tough there. Goombella got down to 0HP, pft. Okay, gonna stop for now. Man, I missed this...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

15 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, this is a surprise.

DD has Zeta be post-script, but they're bringing Scrirocco back? Wow.

For how much Zeta shows up in SRW, after a point they stopped using its plotline. The last time was Z1, and before that it was all the way to Alpha 1! This, in turn, means Scirocco didn't showed up a lot in SRW either. The video itself has one of the comments point out he showed up in Cross-Omega, but when it comes to mainline SRW's, it's still a large gap.

Yeah, like... 2, 2G, 3, F/FF, 64, Compact, Alpha 1, Z1... I think that's all the times he showed up. And Zeta's storyline just about the same (for Classicverse only F/FF kinda counts since the Titans characters were part of DC during 2, 3, and 4; only in F/FF they existed as a separate organization).

I didn't see the comma initially, so for a split second I thought "something to top Devil Gosterro?".

And yeah, I thought Zeta would've had its story told a few more times than that.

50 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Was it Serenes-Off Saturday or what...?

I fell into the 4X rabbit hole yet again. Total waste of my life, if numbing me to basically everything in existence.😅

-But I think I'm over the on-off addiction now. Will resume W when the sun rises again, probably. I tried starting Episode 24 a few days ago, but my mood pushed back during the opening dialogue. Although, perhaps I chose a good moment to take a little break. The heroes heading back to the Martian ruins, Boson Jumping can involve time, I can see the timeskip happening in the next battle or two. I'll be refreshed and ready to begin the second half.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I didn't see the comma initially, so for a split second I thought "something to top Devil Gosterro?".

Well, wouldn't be the first time, actually. SRW T has Proffesor Wolfgang from Mightgaine get Zonderized and you even have to fight him that way (though he turns into a copy of EI-15, not a unique design or anything).

It's basically one of the ways SRW can 'cheat' to have cross-piloting without showing it. Z3 also had an example with Heero in the Bonta-kun suit. Since we only ever hear the fumofumo and Bonta-kun counts as a separate "pilot", then visually nothing is different from Sosuke using it, pretty much.

And yeah, I thought Zeta would've had its story told a few more times than that.

Surprisingly, it wasn't. ZZ only fares a little better (as you saw, A used its plot, when Zeta was already in the post-script camp), but then it's countered that it's now missing out. The entire Zverse excluded it, and 30 did the same. T at least used its storyline again, as well showing up for the entire VTX trilogy. Remains to be seen if 30 was a hiccup (can't be that it has no international license, since other Japan-only stuff like J-Decker got to appear), or if ZZ will be missing out again and VTX was the hiccup.

I fell into the 4X rabbit hole yet again. Total waste of my life, if numbing me to basically everything in existence.😅

-But I think I'm over the on-off addiction now. Will resume W when the sun rises again, probably. I tried starting Episode 24 a few days ago, but my mood pushed back during the opening dialogue. Although, perhaps I chose a good moment to take a little break. The heroes heading back to the Martian ruins, Boson Jumping can involve time, I can see the timeskip happening in the next battle or two. I'll be refreshed and ready to begin the second half.

Oh, it's fine. And yeah, you are getting close to the timeskip.

Hmm, figured the ruins would show up again. Can't have the proper finale not on schedule.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

BandaiNamco wants 20 bucks for the latest Xenoverse 2 DLC? Jesus. You can buy Vestaria Saga II: The Sacred Sword of Silvanister for that kind of money.

Granted, it does seem bigger than the previous packs. And I suppose when it comes to Dragonball, you have to expect like a million Gokus and Vegetas. But come on, it's not even some fancy new movie form. It's "Villainous Mode". Which doesn't even mean anything outside of the Xenoverse plot. And nobody cares about the Xenoverse plot.

Adding a version of Videl based on Super is really funny though. That anime didn't even seem to be aware that Videl knows how to fly, let alone throw a punch. Even letting Barry Kahn just kidnap her daughter at one point, seemingly without trying to fight back. I mean, you know it's bad when a female character isn't even allowed to put up some token resistance to protect her child.

Never heard of those surnames before? Yes, they are valid.

---

Oh, this is getting an anime? Interesting...

Posted (edited)

Hola!

12 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This is the first time i am spending any considerable time on my pc this weekend lol

Edited by Codename Shrimp

2 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Hola!

¿Sin el signo de exclamación inicial?

2 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

This is the first time i am really spending time on my pc this weekend lol

Ah, I see.

Still, it was still a lonely day to be at TeeHee, heh.

Posted (edited)

Okay, reached the next save point of Leon Karnak, just before the first boss. But then I got a Town Event which left me without the party members I was using (Margaret & Clorica). I suppose I could continue with some of my monsters, but I think I'll wait. More so since I can focus instead on getting enough Platinum (and now Orichalcum) for some upgrades.

But now, I think I'll go through Rescue Team DX until at least unlocking evolution. From what I looked up, no longer is evolving earlier means missing out on moves only learnable by previous forms. It was easy to verify this, as having Pikachu, I saw how in the list of moves to remember, Pichu-only moves began showing up at the levels Pichu would learn them. That's a change I'm quite glad of. Though truth be told, evolution is not that critical. Evolution itself doesn't give much in terms of stat boosts, and thank to infinite vitamins and gummies, you can max out every stat eventually. The cap is the same for everybody. So evolution is more on whether you want some evolved form only moves, or the Pokémon changes typing and/or ability, or just if you prefer the design.

That said, it seems the remake streamlined the process. Before, you needed to use the corresponding item when applicable (as in, evolution stones, stuff like the Metal Coat, the now-defunct IQ stat substituted Friendship for things like this, and there was even a Link Cable item for Trade evolutions). Now, there's a single unified item for it: Evolution Crystals. Convenient, but I kinda miss the individuality. So, can't evolve the protagonist or the partner yes, pft. Well, I'll evolve all whom I can.

Oh, Absol is now hanging out at the base area? He talks about meeting up with the bird trio again. I guess it's a hint now for the eventual unlock of the Silver Trench? Wait, was there something hinting at it in the original? I don't remember.

In addition of the dungeons that open up now, Remains Island also unlocks here. Also, seems the remake followed the steps of the mainline games. Dungeons that required HM's to access no longer need them (as they're no longer HM's anyway). I thought that was cool, actually. Even if it was more limited (some like Cut and Rock Smash were never needed at all for dungeon access), and had to go get the HM's (some were certainly in dungeons that still took a bit to unlock) it was still neat. Oh well.

Okay, now that done, time to resume TTYD.

Oh, the battle theme is a bit different at Hooktail's Castle. I like it.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

On 5/25/2024 at 10:16 AM, Lightcosmo said:

As many as possible! Easy enough task! Xd

Maybe for you Lol😳😆

@Saint Rubenio I know you’re no fan of the Final Fantasy series but if you ever get the inkling give the DS version of FF4 a shot. That one might be a worthy challenge for ya

19 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

6 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Hola!

This is the first time i am spending any considerable time on my pc this weekend lol

Three day weekend.. with weather that actually didn’t totally suck monkey nuts

Had to catch up on some Harley time 😎

3 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

I know you’re no fan of the Final Fantasy series but if you ever get the inkling give the DS version of FF4 a shot. That one might be a worthy challenge for ya

I'm always down for recommending FFIV. But it's Ruben. If I second the notion, then it's guaranteed he will drop it after five minutes.

1 minute ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Three day weekend.. with weather that actually didn’t totally suck monkey nuts

Had to catch up on some Harley time 😎

Yeah, that means a light workday tomorrow for me.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm always down for recommending FFIV. But it's Ruben. If I second the notion, then it's guaranteed he will drop it after five minutes.

Sounds like somebody has the attention span of a hummingbird 🤣

11 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

I know you’re no fan of the Final Fantasy series but if you ever get the inkling give the DS version of FF4 a shot. That one might be a worthy challenge for ya

If I recall, doesn't that have issues being emulated? Of course, that was in the past, so likely not any longer.

4 minutes ago, Capt. Fargus said:

Sounds like somebody has the attention span of a hummingbird 🤣

I'm probably just unlucky in recommending games to him. Or at all.

2 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

If I recall, doesn't that have issues being emulated? Of course, that was in the past, so likely not any longer.

There's always the PC version.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

There's always the PC version

Aren't most versions vastly different from the DS version? I mean, I've played the DS version plenty of times, but none of the others.

(great joke by SE, "what starts with S and ends with X?") I thought naughty immediately lol and they proceed to say something like, "you were thinking something naughty, weren't you?" lmao

Just now, Lightcosmo said:

Aren't most versions vastly different from the DS version? I mean, I've played the DS version plenty of times, but none of the others.

(great joke by SE, "what starts with S and ends with X?") I thought naughty immediately lol and they proceed to say something like, "you were thinking something naughty, weren't you?" lmao

The PC version is a port of the DS version. I think it's also on mobile. To differentiate it from the now defunct mobile port of the PSP Complete Edition (which includes The After Years and an Interlude section bridging the two), it's usually denoted as IV (3D). With the Pixel Remaster version being a thing, it still merits being referred to as the 3D verison.

That said, I think it does have a difference or two form the DS version (no second Limit Break, for instance), but other than that, it is just the DS version ported.