Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

40 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Nah. Not even close xD

I was about to say... XD

Totally different level when the entire cast can accomplish that pretty much 100% of the time!

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

On that topic: why did Kai have to reinstate Brave Orders? The idea was terribly handled in CS and I doubt that'll change in Kai. I know this time around it uses S Boost meter instead of a seperate cost, so they -may- be able to make it work, but I won't hold my breath.

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

Honestly I find it hard to believe.

Hmmm...

Lyn's Str cap is 24.

Sol Katti's MT is 12.

Effective coefficient is 2 (3 in Japan, but international versions nerfed it to 2; although, apparently dragon effective was already 2 in Japan as well).

Damage would be: 24 + (12 x 2) = 48.

Fire Dragon has 40 Def (20 Base + 20 bonus from Flametongue).

Now, this would mean Lyn can only do 8 damage on her own. However, Filla's Might can give her a +10 attack boost, bumping the number to 18.

Then, Lyn has Wind affinity, which give +0.5 attack per level. Lyn alone gets +1.5 attack alone with an A rank. If said support partner also grants the +0.5 Attack boost, then it's a +3 total. Thus, we do indeed reach the displayed 21 damage of the video.

The video shows Hector and a Falcoknight near Lyn. Hector has Thunder affinity, which doesn't boost attack. However, Florina, the only PK Lyn can support, has Light affinity which does grant the Attack boost.

So... yes, it's totally plausible, as long Lyn caps Str, has Filla's Might boost, and A Support with Florina (Kent also works here, since his Anima affinity also boosts Attack).

6 hours ago, Dayni said:

I meant that if there was some human kingdom where the king had an earth dragon as a mount it'd raise the , though preferably before SD.

Eh, with what little we see of Pyrathi, it's doubtful.

Mannu is the only Manakete there, and he's portrayed as a hardcore isolationist that seldom cares what happens outside his island (not counting the pirates that raid Warren which could be done on his orders, but details). If he cared for humans mistreating degenerated dragons, he'd have joined the war. But even Medeus doesn't care that Macedon uses degenerated Wyverns for mounts, so... seems Manaketes as a whole also see degenerated dragons as just wild animals.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

If Florida flips blue, I will buy and play through Persona 3 Reload.

Obama could make Florida vote Blue (and we all know Gore was robbed FL), so... come on, let's see a repeat of "Yes, we can!"

Edited by Acacia Sgt

It's quite interesting how the decision to make it a solo mode, combined with Astarte's existence, meant the playable Old Axe Armor was female as a result.

And Baldur's Gate 3 now is going to get mods for years.

That's not a typo.

11 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Someone does the calcs a little lower in the comments, this definitely requires Filla's Might boosting her damage, her to be at least a little strength blessed, with solid support bonuses to damage (at least an A attack boosting support with capped str, but even with the max A and B attack boosting support she would still need str above her averages), and it is only two damage lower than the maximum it is possible for her to deal. Really its the use of Filla's might instead of just going for the regular dance that makes it look so ridiculous.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Lyn's Str cap is 24.

Sol Katti's MT is 12.

Effective coefficient is 2 (3 in Japan, but international versions nerfed it to 2; although, apparently dragon effective was already 2 in Japan as well).

Damage would be: 24 + (12 x 2) = 48.

Fire Dragon has 40 Def (20 Base + 20 bonus from Flametongue).

Now, this would mean Lyn can only do 8 damage on her own. However, Filla's Might can give her a +10 attack boost, bumping the number to 18.

Then, Lyn has Wind affinity, which give +0.5 attack per level. Lyn alone gets +1.5 attack alone with an A rank. If said support partner also grants the +0.5 Attack boost, then it's a +3 total. Thus, we do indeed reach the displayed 21 damage of the video.

The video shows Hector and a Falcoknight near Lyn. Hector has Thunder affinity, which doesn't boost attack. However, Florina, the only PK Lyn can support, has Light affinity which does grant the Attack boost.

So... yes, it's totally plausible, as long Lyn caps Str, has Filla's Might boost, and A Support with Florina (Kent also works here, since his Anima affinity also boosts Attack).

It's more the disbelief that it happened, but yeah, the possibility is there.

They're going for the funny double crit so Lyn 1-rounds the Fire Dragon.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh, with what little we see of Pyrathi, it's doubtful.

Mannu is the only Manakete there, and he's portrayed as a hardcore isolationist that seldom cares what happens outside his island (not counting the pirates that raid Warren which could be done on his orders, but details). If he cared for humans mistreating degenerated dragons, he'd have joined the war. But even Medeus doesn't care that Macedon uses degenerated Wyverns for mounts, so... seems Manaketes as a whole also see degenerated dragons as just wild animals.

I suppose that's me hoping for a Pyrathi that wasn't always some isolated corner of the continent that did more.

Would be interesting to explore the degenerated wyverns and how that could tie into an animal welfare storyline in the setting.

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Killing 1000 Old Armor Knights to unlock Old Armor Knight Mode is honestly the dumbest thing ever.

You still have to kill 1,000? Man.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

If Florida flips blue, I will buy and play through Persona 3 Reload.

I will hold you to that promise, and expect updates as you play should the sad hell state you live in freezes over.

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Killing 1000 Old Armor Knights to unlock Old Armor Knight Mode is honestly the dumbest thing ever.

I remember that run being kind of funny though. Although I never have the patience to finish any of the post game alternate character runs (in spite of how mindlessly completionist I am in the main campaigns) so take that opinion with a mountain of salt...also I don't remember which game that was in, I feel like it was portrait of ruin? Is that the one that shouts Johnathan at you ? Feel free to ignore my ramblings, as these games are all a soupy mess in my head.

If we're doing requests then mine would be for him to max out Fuuka's Social Link.

Now if you excuse me, I must head into the secure fortified bunker to hide from the Aigis fans... *flees*

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

will hold you to that promise, and expect updates as you play should the sad hell state you live in freezes over.

Oh you can count on that.

27 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

If we're doing requests then mine would be for him to max out Fuuka's Social Link.

Now if you excuse me, I must head into the secure fortified bunker to hide from the Aigis fans... *flees*

Yukari seems like best girl anyways but idk.

One Ascension Quest remaining and then I will wrap up Xenoblade 3. At 82 hours and being an adult with responsibilities, I am feeling the burnout and ready to move to the next thing.

On 9/7/2024 at 10:42 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

I did it... I did it! Woohoo! It's done, I've beaten SRW X! Well, the Normal End, at least.

Nice.😃 SRW always feel so long, but undoubtedly good.😆

6 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

I remember that run being kind of funny though. Although I never have the patience to finish any of the post game alternate character runs (in spite of how mindlessly completionist I am in the main campaigns) so take that opinion with a mountain of salt...also I don't remember which game that was in, I feel like it was portrait of ruin? Is that the one that shouts Johnathan at you ? Feel free to ignore my ramblings, as these games are all a soupy mess in my head.

The oddity here is that they're usually shorter than the main mode, since there isn't anything to collect. -And yes, Old Axe Armor Mode was in Portrait of Ruin. Easily the weirdest and worst of the bonus characters they've thrown in. Sisters Mode was likewise eh, with you getting only two touchscreen-based attacks. Richter (& Maria) Mode was the only good one in PoR set of four.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

One Ascension Quest remaining and then I will wrap up Xenoblade 3. At 82 hours and being an adult with responsibilities, I am feeling the burnout and ready to move to the next thing.

I'm pretty sure I've logged 80 hours in Civilization VI in the past week. I could use some responsibilities. Which is why this one final delay is happening before booting up the long-delayed JRPG.😅 Just let me finish my Sumerian match ...and then maybe get back to my dropped Tokugawa!Japan and fix my mistakes there, or at least try another with. 50 civilizations there, some with alternate leaders, as soon as I bored/frustrated/win with one empire, there's another whose play style I want to mess around with.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Nice.😃 SRW always feel so long, but undoubtedly good.😆

Oh, yeah. Specially the final maps with all those cool story finales.

19 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The oddity here is that they're usually shorter than the main mode, since there isn't anything to collect. -And yes, Old Axe Armor Mode was in Portrait of Ruin. Easily the weirdest and worst of the bonus characters they've thrown in. Sisters Mode was likewise eh, with you getting only two touchscreen-based attacks. Richter (& Maria) Mode was the only good one in PoR set of four.

I've got to wonder why it's a solo mode, when PoR was all big on duos. Couldn't they have put another enemy as a partner for Old Axe Armor? Like a Persephone. Apparently Dracula asks for the maids to be black belts as part of their resume, so we could all go punching and kicking the heck out of Brauner.

And in that subject... there's big missed potential there. Since the main plot is about Brauner taking over the castle and keeping Dracula sealed up, why couldn't thus be a story mode where monsters still loyal to the Old Count are trying to rescue him or something? Well, I guess the premise itself was meant to be a bit out there to be taken seriously, but still...

I completely forgot to post this but i beat Superstar Saga like a week or two ago

"I remember playing the GBA original years ago. I never finished it. The announcement of Brothership got me thinking "maybe i should fix that".

Uhhhh i don't have too much to say about this game to be honest. It has a lot of charm......and that's basically it. The gameplay plateaus within like the first hour or two, which led to combat being pretty unengaging, which is unfortunate if it's an RPG. Imma chalk it up to first game syndrome.

As a whole, i think the game is pretty alright, i think there could just be way better. I know Mario RPGs can do way better.

I didn't even bother with Bowser's Minions."

6/10

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Which is why this one final delay is happening before booting up the long-delayed JRPG.

Meanwhile part of me wants to delay finishing it lol

But i have to.

4 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

🍿

2024 is wild

About 60% chance Trump calls Harris the n-word tomorrow.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Uhhhh i don't have too much to say about this game to be honest. It has a lot of charm..

I feel the same way, with one exception:

Joke's End BGM literally gives me a headache. XD

29 minutes ago, Lightcosmo said:

I feel the same way, with one exception:

Joke's End BGM literally gives me a headache. XD

Game should've ended at Joke's End ngl.

Random trivia I learned over the last few days:

When the pages of a book are sewn together, they're divided into units known as quires. A quire in a modern book usually consists of 24 or 25 sheets of paper, but the meaning of the term has changed from its early days.

The quire goes back to the origins of the codex. Many examples of the "primitive" codex were found at Nag Hammadi, best known as a collection of Gnostic texts. With the primitive, or single quire, codex, a long leaf of paper (typically papyrus until the 4th or 5th centuries when parchment replaced it) would be folded down the middle, resulting in 4 usable pages. These would be stacked on each other then sewn together. Sometime around the Carolingian period this was replaced by the multi-quire codex, which was better suited for longer works. One impetus for the new technology's adoption was the growing prevalence of long commentaries taking up space in shorter works. However, some Ethiopian manuscripts (whose production using old-fashioned methods continues in the 21st century) were/are still made with the single quire format.

We have now reached the "immigrants are eating your pets" stage of Republican racism.

1 minute ago, Codename Shrimp said:

Ya know

Let's add to the Teehee madness

If Arma gets P3 and loves it

I will play Kai

Wait, Kai? Just jump straight into Kai? No Daybreak?