Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

We all know you won't like P3 😛 

Ah, that's why you put the condition that I have to love it.

• Replies 179.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

The dream team to take out Dracula in 1944 is pretty amazing. Charlotte doesn't even know a single spell. Jonathan does have a weapon, but it's also one he explicitly can't use. Any dagger he finds will be more effective.

I don't know why Iga felt the need to always have the whole game take place inside the castle. Not like this was series tradition or anything. Besides the very first Castlevania, I don't think there was any game before Symphony of the Night that was just all castle.

With Order of Ecclesia they finally broke away from that. And besides it being a nice change of pace, by the time you get there, you are high level and have mastered like a million different ways to kill things.
So for once it feels like you are actually qualified to storm the castle of the demon king.

RIP

19 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Should read this tomorrow when I'm off.

Despite not playing CC

5 hours ago, Hrothgar777 said:

Random trivia I learned over the last few days:

When the pages of a book are sewn together, they're divided into units known as quires. A quire in a modern book usually consists of 24 or 25 sheets of paper, but the meaning of the term has changed from its early days.

The quire goes back to the origins of the codex. Many examples of the "primitive" codex were found at Nag Hammadi, best known as a collection of Gnostic texts. With the primitive, or single quire, codex, a long leaf of paper (typically papyrus until the 4th or 5th centuries when parchment replaced it) would be folded down the middle, resulting in 4 usable pages. These would be stacked on each other then sewn together. Sometime around the Carolingian period this was replaced by the multi-quire codex, which was better suited for longer works. One impetus for the new technology's adoption was the growing prevalence of long commentaries taking up space in shorter works. However, some Ethiopian manuscripts (whose production using old-fashioned methods continues in the 21st century) were/are still made with the single quire format.

Hmm, an interesting piece of trivia.

I'd assume the four folded pieces were cut at one of the sides so as to be able to turn the pages, but a part of me is there imagining they only tied it on one of the folds so you'd then unfurl the pages to read.

I suppose the one downside to Dracula's Castle being at the very end is that Ecclesia starts reverse castling you very early.
Not exactly helped by the fact that several of those areas are also quite dry. Just nondescript mountain and forest areas. So seeing them on repeat is not great.
We had mountains and forests before, and I'd say they left more of an impression then these.
I guess Iga's resources were just laid out more for those fancy and pristine looking indoor areas of Symphony of the Night.

Maybe a change in soundtrack could have helped. Instead of the usual, high adrenalin, Symphony of the Night fair, they could maybe used something more similar to some of the slower pieces of Super Castlevania IV in order to create a bit of an atmosphere.

Or something like most of the Metroid soundtrack, I suppose.

The Iga games are just pretty bad with music in general. The tracks themselves aren't bad, but there is a lack of variety. Just always the same high adrenalin stuff.

Edited by BrightBow

Not sure if this is necessarily meant as a buff. Could also be intended as a bug fix.

Originally the first lava Soma shoots was flying straight ahead. Which did not fit the pattern in which the rest of the larva are fired at all.
Now the pattern makes sense.

Urgh, I wanna play Julius Mode, but unlocking it is such a pain.

Edited by BrightBow

QH0pO40.jpeg

Rami OP

Not OP enough to win the boss rush at the end tho

JZVKJCH.jpeg

The way to 999

So, post game unlocks 2 difficulties - Charismatic and Legendary. I played main game on Very hard (the highest difficulty available on NG) and decided to ramp up to charismatic on post game for the rematches...

I got rekt and lowered to Very hard again lmao
gQlZqbA.jpeg

JF00WaU.png

Was a fun rematch tho

g5ygaJa.png

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

We have now reached the "immigrants are eating your pets" stage of Republican racism.

So the GOP is eating pets, gotcha.

Every accusation is a confession, and all that.

The Civ bug is out of my system, for now. When I wake up ...maybe. Wednesday is definitely going to be Paradiso again (at least in the morning), and Thursday is going to be spent visiting Ellis & Liberty Islands. So starting XC3 when the sun rises in a few hours? Not sure. A day off from gaming and start on Friday? -I'm too indecisive.😅

16 hours ago, Armagon said:

It has a lot of charm......and that's basically it.

-Guess I have low standards, as SS was plenty good enough for me (though it has been years since I played it). Other than Partners in Time being the low point of the series, I never really saw enough of a qualitative difference between the M&Ls to rank them. They're all good fun in my eyes, despite whatever imperfections they have.

7 hours ago, Codename Shrimp said:

XCvxhkA.png

-I recognize this sprite. Can't quite remember if the baby puni first appeared somewhere in Iris (perhaps 3) or if it's Mana Khemia exclusive. All I do remember, is that I crushed more than a few of these helpless creatures.

Screenshot_2024-09-10-09-17-48-70_0b2fce

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Guess I have low standards, as SS was plenty good enough for me (though it has been years since I played it). Other than Partners in Time being the low point of the series, I never really saw enough of a qualitative difference between the M&Ls to rank them. They're all good fun in my eyes, despite whatever imperfections they have.

It's not a bad game and I think I would've enjoyed it more if I were younger. But compared to other Mario RPGs, I think it's just ok.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

So, this is it, huh. That debate will be something, alright.

And no matter what, the media standards for Trump are so low that he could start speaking actual gibberish and the media will be like "here's how the debate was a disaster for Harris".

Edit: I posted too soon.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wednesday is definitely going to be Paradiso again (at least in the morning), and Thursday is going to be spent visiting Ellis & Liberty Islands.

Oh hey, you're off to NY after all.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A day off from gaming and start on Friday? -I'm too indecisive.😅

Sounds fair if you're travelling.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Seven Benjamin Fraklins for a console that has one game.

I'm not going to disagree on the side eye at the price. Go off. I've always been a bit more confused by why only Sony gets the "Has no games" shade and for so long, like as if it's severely compromised compared to Xbox on that front. It doesn't seem that way.

€800 yoyos while you're almost certainly going to need a higher priced TV for these higher visuals, no wonder the graphical ceiling has only advanced much for the dedicated PC end and not much else this gen. Back to 90's valuation for consoles with this.

Edited by Dayni

2 minutes ago, Dayni said:

I've always been a bit more confused by why only Sony gets the "Has no games" shade and for so long, like as if it's severely compromised compared to Xbox on that front. It doesn't seem that way.

It's pretty established that Microsoft only sees games as a sidequest. Sony is still head first in the market.

But also Xbox Series has backwards compatibility all the way back to the OG whereas PS5 only goes back to PS4.

Anyways 700 George Washingtons for a console with no disc drive.

Welp, it's that time of year again. I may or may not have WiFi for the next few days. Living next to the Gulf of Mexico is the worst (edit: for a variety of reasons for different people, with the WiFi being among the least of them).

Edited by Hrothgar777

20 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Maybe a change in soundtrack could have helped. Instead of the usual, high adrenalin, Symphony of the Night fair, they could maybe used something more similar to some of the slower pieces of Super Castlevania IV in order to create a bit of an atmosphere.

20 hours ago, BrightBow said:

The Iga games are just pretty bad with music in general. The tracks themselves aren't bad, but there is a lack of variety. Just always the same high adrenalin stuff.

30a.thumb.jpg.9effe27e43b075259246e4d668eb53ef.jpg

With Apple screwing up too, you'd think Nintendo might be at risk of invoking the rule of 3 and the 2itch is a disaster. Just might.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Anyways 700 George Washingtons for a console with no disc drive.

That too? Bruh. So my brother's definitely fine not getting it.

Also, the separate disc drive might already be a thing, but that makes the Ps5 Pro €900, again not counting that you're looking at a more expensive TV to being with. Again, Bruh.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But also Xbox Series has backwards compatibility all the way back to the OG whereas PS5 only goes back to PS4.

Only reason is because Xbone got completely blasted, thanks Mattrick

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Meanwhile the Steam Deck is a little over 400 euros. And you can put emulators in it!

Me, playing MotE on a device that was €100 euro at one stage /s

Also, the Star Orb has both functions in MotEII. Actually broken, this is.

On 9/9/2024 at 2:36 AM, Acacia Sgt said:

Got to this, interesting to see what has been built up to and the little twist compared to what happened in the game. I knew more than I anticipated I would for this (briefly played years ago, have not proceeded with), but yeah I'll be unready for the next part.

4 minutes ago, Hrothgar777 said:

Welp, it's that time of year again. I may or may not have WiFi for the next few days. Living next to the Gulf of Mexico is the worst.

Well, hope you're safe regardless.

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Also, the separate disc drive might already be a thing, but that makes the Ps5 Pro €900, again not counting that you're looking at a more expensive TV to being with. Again, Bruh.

This is for the 1%. 

Just build a PC with that money at this point.

14 minutes ago, Codename Shrimp said:

l9Xu6mH.png

This is straight up highway robbery

Unrelated but did the Euro take a hit recently? When I went to Spain last year, the exchange rate between that and the Dollar was pretty even.