Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Benice said:

The lighthouse lets you see them, though

Lighthouse i captured after i started map, and it doesn't let you see the other ballista.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

You can outwait the Ballistae fairly easily

there's a turn limit

1 minute ago, Benice said:

it shouldn't be too big of a problem.

it isn't

still annoying moving through terrain while ballista firing at you

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

there's a turn limit

Just move onto the cliffs after they act is what I meant. Kramer is superb on this map because of climber+arrowbane.

Lighthouse i captured after i started map, and it doesn't let you see the other ballista.

Doesn't it? Guess only Esteban can see the second ballista then.

47 minutes ago, Julian Teehee said:

Since 70s song has been posted, here's my contribution:

Literally the perfect song after getting up.

One of my favorites.

43 minutes ago, Benice said:

FE6's plot isn't its main selling point.

Correction: Plot isn't Fire Emblem's main selling point.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Attention everyone! I have finally obtained my Skell License and received my first Skell, which I have named Fleetwood (as in Fleetwood Mac).

IMG_20201015_221815.jpg

Screen-Shot-2020-10-16-at-12-01-49-AM.pn

Oh yeah.

Just to share them with you, I think I made a fairly decent El Stier-inspired paint job which I put on an Amdusias model Skell. If you'd want to see what it looks like, here are the numbers for the colors:

• Section 1- Hue 188 Saturation 0 Brightness 35
  • Section 2- Hue 85 Saturation 77 Brightness 127
  • Section 3- Hue 44 Saturation 214 Brightness 255
  • Section 4- Hue 91 Saturation 76 Brightness 124
  • Visor- Hue 36 Saturation 255 Brightness 255
  • Lights- Hue 45 Saturation 214 Brightness 255
  • Finish- Matte

It ain't perfect, but it I tried to work with the limitations of XCX's visual customization system.

Less creative and more annoying, don't go too long without saving, and don't get anything less than perfect on a Skell destruction QTE. Better, if you know your Skell is going to be destroyed, get out of it before it gets smashed so there is no need to perfect the QTE that won't happen. 

I say this because of Skell Insurance. There are some IRL things that shouldn't feature in video games, and insurance is one of them. I get why it probably exists from a world perspective. BLADE realizes everyone is going to have their Skell wrecked sooner or later, but they want to actively discourage people from being reckless with them, since Skells are a precious and finite commodity needed for NLA's survival. But in gameplay? Skell Insurance is a bit of a bother.

• Most Skells come with 3 units of insurance, which cannot be increased, ever, which is its major problem (and unlike IRL insurance).
    • The exceptions to this rule are the two Ares models, the level 60 Skells, the Excavator craftable after Alexa's last Affinity Mission, and maybe the Police and Dozer models craftable after H.B's and Boze's last AfMs respectively. All of these have 10 units of insurance.
  • You lose one unit of insurance every time you eject from a destroyed Skell with a less-than-perfect QTE execution. I think what succeeding in the QTE but not perfectly nailing it results in you being spared damage when you're ejected.
  • When you return to the non-online terminal in the BLADE Barracks and select the Skell hanger option, your Skell will be replaced by insurance, so as long as you have 1 unit of it left on that Skell.
  • If you are out of insurance, when you return to the Barracks to have the destroy Skell restored, you will have to pay a hefty fee. Execution of the destruction QTE will have no effect on this. You may be better off selling the uninsured Skell frame and buying a new one (but do strip it of weapons, armor and Augments first).
    • Oh, and if you can collect your daily Division reward from the online terminal and your Division ranked high enough the day before, you can get a Salvage Ticket which will automatically be used up if a Skell without insurance gets wrecked and you won't have to pay for it that one time. The ranking necessary for picking a Salvage Ticket depends on your Division.
  • The AI will always get a perfect on their Skell destruction QTEs, but that means nothing if the Skell is uninsured. Still if you've a Skell with 1 insurance left, you may wish to relegate to the AI only.
  • Stay away from the Yawning Chasm in Oblivia, if you fall into the bottomless abyss, your Skell is destroyed and no QTE will happen, you will lose insurance, the AI will too. Once you have the flight module, don't go diving into the depths of the chasm for fun, but it is fine to fight over it. Being in battle will add a "floor" that even if an enemy knocks you down you will not sink beneath towards destruction.
Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:
  • Section 1- Hue 188 Saturation 0 Brightness 35
  • Section 2- Hue 85 Saturation 77 Brightness 127
  • Section 3- Hue 44 Saturation 214 Brightness 255
  • Section 4- Hue 91 Saturation 76 Brightness 124

Ngl, i thought the different sections were just presets you could customize. I didn't realize they affected different parts.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Better, if you know your Skell is going to be destroyed, get out of it before it gets smashed so there is no need to perfect the QTE that won't happen. 

So basically, if i exit the Skell mid-battle, it becomes intangible to enemy attacks. Got it.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Stay away from the Yawning Chasm in Oblivia, if you fall into the bottomless abyss, your Skell is destroyed and no QTE will happen, you will lose insurance, the AI will too.

Oof. Good to know.

And as far as hazards go, i'm guessing Skells are able to traverse the pits of lava and white sulfur in Cauldros no problem? I know the electromagnetic storms of Oblivia do hurts Skells a bit but that's as far as i know regarding hazards.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

[Mages ambush spawning in the middle of your army intensifies]

Better than Hidden ballista in fog covering a mountain you have to climb while being covered by 3 stealth archers

And any detection unit you have will get one shotted.

Terrain maps in FE are the worst

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

And any detection unit you have will get one shotted.

Czene has hide and can make it up the cliffs without getting attacked.

Just now, Benice said:

Czene has hide and can make it up the cliffs without getting attacked.

She can't

Archers auto target her and one shot her

Anyway i already overcame that area, now i am playing hide and seek with the other ballista hiding in the fog

She can't

Archers auto target her and one shot her

Keep her hidden in a forest, then move her last. Plus, with Tico she'll have around 50 avoid.

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Keep her hidden in a forest, then move her last

There's no forest on Mountain

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Plus, with Tico she'll have around 50 avoid.

Last i checked Tico can't climb

and you lose avoid on mountain. All of it

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

There's no forest on Mountain

You can keep her in the forest next to it.

Last i checked Tico can't climb

and you lose avoid on mountain. All of it

You can dismount and move in the same action. She can dismount from Tico and start climbing as the last action, then can run onto a forest.

Having any vanishstones at all also trivializes this map.

Now, when it comes to Catholic Crusades, they pretty much have a unique structure and mechanics, after an overhaul in like the second to last or very last DLC, I forgot which. Anyway, in addition there's a bit of special Crusade event chains, usually based on historical... unique crusades shall we say. Like the Children's Crusade. And yes, we can end up sacking Constantinople, it's possible. But since it's in Catholic hands and not Orthodox, who knows if that can still happen. Anyway, one of the events for the Children's Crusade is pledging to join then in arms. Well...

q7QrUsR.png

Its Crusade O'clock by addizz - Meme Center

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Hide contents

Don't tell me Larentia is gone forever lol

All the items i have on her....

Spoiler

You get them back after the map.

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ngl, i thought the different sections were just presets you could customize. I didn't realize they affected different parts.

It can be hard to see, but when you select a section, the segments of of the Skell's surface it affects should be constantly flashing to indicate they're what's being changed. It's for the better that you strip your Skell of weapons before messing with the colors, that way you can see what you're messing with easier.

So basically, if i exit the Skell mid-battle, it becomes intangible to enemy attacks. Got it.

Correct, nothing can harm a Skell you're not in. Not even a Xe-dom.

And as far as hazards go, i'm guessing Skells are able to traverse the pits of lava and white sulfur in Cauldros no problem? I know the electromagnetic storms of Oblivia do hurts Skells a bit but that's as far as i know regarding hazards.

Lava and the White Phosphor Lake won't as much as blemish the paint, they're fine. Skells do take EM Storm damage, but not from Brimstone Rain. Rising Energy Mist (Sylvalum, night) and Energy Mist (Noctilum, night) are slightly beneficial, for they cause your Skells to gradually replenish fuel when you're in them and even when flying.

And speaking of fuel, besides spending 5k Miranium for 3k fuel at the Barracks, breaking enemy appendages restores some fuel, as does being the one performing Bind. When you're not playing the game and IRL time passes, your Skells will gradually regain their fuel too. 

With regards to Bind, which replaces Topple for Skells and follows the infliction of Stagger on a sufficiently large target, do issue the command "Leave the Binding to me!" to tell the AI not to do it. The AI is as bad at that as Mythra at cooking, worse even. 

Lastly, because the game gives no clue about this, Skell Overdrive is a lot simpler than ground Overdrive, but each Skell model has a different named Overdrive. All Skell Overdrives temporarily reduce fuel consumption to zero, the differences are:

Spoiler
  • Urban- OBORO
    • All damage up.
    • Reduced ranged damage taken.
    • Skell appendages are healed. (I've very rarely seen Skell appendages break though.)
  • Formula- JINRAI
    • Evasion and accuracy up.
    • Critical chance up.
    • Reduced cooldown.
  • Verus (or "Wels" in Japan)- HAGANE
    • Melee damage up.
    • Appendage heal.
    • Physical Reflect (and this enables any Skell Reflect Augments on the unit).
  • Lailah- NAGI
    • Gradual HP regeneration.
    • Appendage regeneration.
    • Reduces damage taken.
    • Debuff immunity.
  • Inferno- HIBANA
    • Appendage heal.
    • Ranged damage up.
    • Thermal Reflect.
  • Mastema- GEKITETU
    • Ranged damage up.
    • Reduces damage taken.
    • Beam Reflect.
  • Amdusias- KURENAI
    • Gains fuel when using melee attacks.
    • Melee damage up.
    • Appendage damage up.
  • Police/Dozer/Excavator- KAMIKAZE
    • All damage up.
    • Increases accuracy and evasion.
    • ...This Skell loses half of its health when the Overdrive ends.
  • Ares- LEGION
    • All damage up.
    • Evasion and accuracy up.
    • Reduced Arts cooldown.
    • Appendage heal.

Not sure how large any of these bonuses are or if they vary from Overdrive to Overdrive. I'd hope KAMIKAZE's damage boost is bigger to compensate for the major drawback.

...And this should conclude all I'd want to say on Skells. I hope it wasn't too much or anything.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Despite him being granted over 100K troops in the event (which is ridiculously high even at this point), and despite the event supposedly stating he was in Antioch...

SUG18Xt.png

His forces spawned back in freaking Prussia! Since the AI ain't that smart when it comes to minding supply limits, he'll loose a couple thousands through attrition. Guess it'll fall on me to wage this crusade, at least at first.

Interesting tidbit. During a Crusade, should they be in enemy hands, the very time places like Jerusalem and Caesarea get sieged, there's a small probability that you'll gain stuff like the Lance of Longinus and the Holy Grail! Yep. But it's a very small chance, and I think it only rolls for the very first time those two places get sieged down. So... better hope the RNG blesses you. It didn't to me. Oh well.

yTQkIsu.png

I did most of the work, but in the end, the Crusade was won. Jerusalem is ours! And a stretch of the coastline. Too bad the area fragmented. Otherwise we could've taken more from the target. Now the thing about this Crusade is that this is a special crusade. Regular Crusades can only be called upon every thirty years. But special crusades are independent of that. So any moment now the Pope may call for the first proper Crusade.

But, that's it for me for today. Will continue... tomorrow, maybe.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Fuck this map

Seriously one of the worst i ever played

Not even FE5 reached that level of bullshit

Well... No, sorry, I disagree there. The map is not exactly pleasant, I have to admit, but I can't see it as worse than FE5 chapter 22's "warpskip or bust" deal, or chapter 24x's warp tile fun, or chapter 12x's... just plain bad design, for a few examples. And this is coming from someone who enjoyed FE5 - even the worst Berwick maps aren't even close to the worst maps of that game. Or Three Houses's Softlock At Dawn, for that matter.

Damnit, there I go on a furious rant to defend my favorite game... Apologies, everyone.

...Still, it's true that the map is tough as nails. There's a free vanishstone on the chest in this map, so you can get your healer through. That helps, but it's still not a stroll in the park.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

This does not bode well for me.

Please have faith.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

I generally use the Vanishstone so that Czene can reveal the crossbow guys in the forest next to the ballista.
Czene is extremely important here since she is the only one who can reveal enemies with Hide, what with Larentia being unavailable and all.

Anyway, Esteban on the Lighthouse can reveal both ballista and Burroughs can destroy the one on the left side.

Edited by BrightBow