Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

-Hit-based cooldowns. This is the way of the future tbh.

-A lot more healing arts. I really like how they weaved healing into the combat itself as this helps the flow a lot but healing via Soul Voices is not as reliable as I'd like it to be.

-Skell Overdrive needs less RNG. Keep the six extension limit, that is fair. But Skell Overdrive extensions rely on two RNG rolls to be extended: the default extension chance and the Cockpit View activation rates, which boss the extension chances. Keep the general requirements but allow Cockpit Views to be triggered after a successful Soul Voice. So the new extension requirements would be: Succesful Soul Voice -> Garuanteed Cockpit View -> Garuanteed Skell Overdrive extension. Thus, the only RNG present would be the Soul Voices themselves but they happen very often (especially Melee and Ranged Soul Voices).

Bonus: map the Arts to the buttons but I wouldn't mind if they kept the Art pallet.

I definitely do think the general combat of 2/Torna should be the basis of future Xenoblade games but only for the numbered series. The X series can keep it's combat and hopefully just make some minor adjustments.

With Overdrive, CD is hardly a thing, though. And besides, with X's AA's? Your arts would take forever to charge unless you were using specific ranged weapons. I.E assault rifle or dual guns, and the latter are already busted.

Ehhh, they were trying to make it scarce to promote different class usage, I assume. Changing this wouldnt help that any. And besides, you have some amazing healing auras.

Dont use Skell overdrive ever so I cant really say. Ares 90 doesnt really need it. And Before that point I never really used skells, XD.

How would you map them to buttons when you have 8 arts? 

Yeah, Torna has better combat for sure, but 2? Ehh, its close, IMO. I'd say they are equal, as for as combat goes.

Edit: giving you a choice as to which style you want to use would be the best way to go, really.

Edited by lightcosmo

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Alright, made some progress in Etrian Odyssey Untold 2.
I managed to evade the Salamander's flame in order to get my hands on the Fire Plume in order to help cure the Duke's illness.
Helping out a Duke, and acquiring a birthday present for his daughter in the process (which was a quest I had to do one floor below)... the Draggy Guild really is striking gold right now! XD

In any case, progressing through the 8th floor afterwards proved to be a bit of an ordeal due to the thorny floor tiles that damage you once you walk on them. Yes, there are items that can mitigate this, but... if you know me, I had to take the long way around... because I forgot I had them. Heh.
I did get a few good things out of it, though! My party is now level 26 thanks to the plentiful amounts of battles I had to fight, and I managed to get some very useful Grimoires, as well.
Victoria's Penetrator is a very useful passive skill in this stratum, because many enemies in this Stratum specifically are weak to Stab attacks, and if they show up on the back row, they will take damage just as the enemies on the front row do. Along with the Double Attack Grimoire, which you get for free when the Grimoire Stone mechanic is introduced to you (Double Attack gives you a chance at attacking twice per turn with regular attacks), this has made Victoria rather deadly. Hooray!
d2jBbNp.jpg
Here's a picture of her (or rather, the portrait I'm using for her) to celebrate her having finally broken out of her "I deal little damage" shell!

On the subject of Double Attack, this kinda makes me wish I had a Landsknecht, in order to acquire higher level Grimoires with this skill. Although even at a measly level 1, it triggers often enough to be useful, luckily.

I also started leveling up the TP Up skill for Brownie, so he can use his now maxed out Hit Taker more often should battles go on longer, and got a Grimoire with that skill, which is now in Tamaki's possession, which should hopefully mitigate some of the TP problems she has, especially now that Frigid Slash costs 15 TP per use.

And speaking of Grimoires, I managed to acquire one with the skill Insulation Gel at level 5, which raises the party's defense against Fire attacks for three turns, which will help greatly against the upcoming boss (and later on against one of the postgame bosses).
Although I do not know if monster skills are affected by skill level at all, though I assume they are.

Edited by DragonFlames

28 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Time to do this!

Best of luck!

Also the music :eargasm:

Absolute badass theme, I agree.

>Range ALL attack hidden in Fog

Oh yes here we go. This map is gonna be epitome Kaga terrain map i see haha

He can't kill, to be fair. And his accuracy should be pretty meh.

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

If you have a 3DS, you should definitely give Bravely Default a shot. It's by the same developers.

Unironically the reason I wanted to play Bravely Default

I heard it really tanks in the second half though, so...

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm glad. I was a little afraid it'd be Chapter 11-1 2: Electric Boogaloo for you.

I think the difference is that there isn't a giant ballista with 3 overwatch Archers hidden behind a 2 tile cliff with my flier taken away.

Also the fact that enemy ALL range Dark Mage is making me very proactive in killing anyone in range hehe. I like maps that reward aggressive gameplay, as you might now

Edited by Shrimperor

15 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

Octopath Traveler is a great one.

Good suggestion, however I played the demo and even tried to get into when I borrowed the game from someone.
I just couldn't get into it, I couldn't shake the feeling the combat was just Bravely Default but simpler. I did like the characters though.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

What if an enemy attacked Faye with 100 hit, 40 Attack with extra strike and Adept

but Faye Said: Parry

What if Faye didn't say Parry

But Faramir said: You've been defeated, but you can't fall here, you must retreat.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But Faramir said: You've been defeated, but you can't fall here, you must retreat.

Faramir, Ironmaners best friend xD

Had to reset anyway because Sherpa evaded an attack he shouldn't have evaded and killed Izerna's captor before Perceval could attack him haha

Thank god it was turn 10 had a dish washing and burger break, so...

Edited by Shrimperor

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Faramir, Ironmaners best friend xD

Oh, believe you me, he's been putting in extra hours in my Ironman run... And yet I've only deployed him twice!

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Had to reset anyway because Sherpa evaded an attack he shouldn't have evaded and killed Izerna's captor before Perceval could attack him haha

Sherpa has Counter. The attempt was doomed from the start.

13 minutes ago, Shrow said:

Good suggestion, however I played the demo and even tried to get into when I borrowed the game from someone.
I just couldn't get into it, I couldn't shake the feeling the combat was just Bravely Default but simpler. I did like the characters though.

What’s Bravely Default like? I hadn’t heard great things ngl

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Sherpa has Counter. The attempt was doomed from the start.

...True

Wait, does Counter work on enemies with counter? Because i attacked the enemy first, then he countered, and when Sherpa evaded, he counterattacked

9 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Wait, does Counter work on enemies with counter? Because i attacked the enemy first, then he countered, and when Sherpa evaded, he counterattacked

Basically what Counter does is it extends the fight as if the unit always dodges the attacks. Battles usually go Attack > Counter if not damaged > Double strike if AS is high enough. Counter makes this cycle always happen, even if the unit is damaged. That's why sometimes Counter is counterproductive (heh): It allows the enemy to potentially double you even if they hit you once already.

Not entirely sure how double Counters would affect the fight (maybe it would allow for countering double strikes?), but they should not cancel each other out.

I hope I explained myself properly. I'm not exactly the best teacher in the world.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Crit

Adept

Crit

NGL Faye is probably one of my most fav. Myrms ever. Girl hella fun to play with.

Inb4 i had to capture Semdallion. Pls no

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Basically what Counter does is it extends the fight as if the unit always dodges the attacks. Battles usually go Attack > Counter if not damaged > Double strike if AS is high enough. Counter makes this cycle always happen, even if the unit is damaged. Not entirely sure how double Counters would affect the fight (maybe it would allow for countering double strikes?), but they should not cancel each other out.

Probably double counters adds another round of combat then

Inb4 i had to capture Semdallion.

Capture him? I don't even know why he exists at all! There's no reason to take him down! He's so strong, and he serves no purpose whatsoever.

NGL Faye is probably one of my most fav. Myrms ever. Girl hella fun to play with.

Agreed. And in an Ironman run, she makes for the perfect safe bait as an added bonus!

Probably double counters adds another round of combat then

I edited the post slightly. Check it out.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Yor PFP fits the description perfectly XD

Confused Goji.png

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Peak Kaga game mechanic

Man really said "what if I could force level downs in my SRPG" huh.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

yes, that one. The gimmick doesn't really matter that much when the spell usually kills you to death if it lands.

I'm just confused as to why there's a level down attack in an SRPG especially if it's strong enough to just kill you outright.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

With Overdrive, CD is hardly a thing, though. And besides, with X's AA's? Your arts would take forever to charge unless you were using specific ranged weapons. I.E assault rifle or dual guns, and the latter are already busted.

Obviously Hit-based cooldowns would not work in Xenoblade X. What I'm saying is that I'd like the sequel to be tweaked so that it does.

As for Overdrive, all the infinite Overdrive builds are pretty much for post-game. Aside from Ramjet Rifle (which sucks), you ain't really gonna be making Overdrive builds during the main story, especially if it's your first time playing. 

Ehhh, they were trying to make it scarce to promote different class usage, I assume. Changing this wouldnt help that any. And besides, you have some amazing healing auras.

Class usage really only matters in regards to Cross and you're pretty discouraged from changing classes because if you invest in a class line and then switch to another, you go from having a lot of Arts to having no Arts. The upside of that is it does allow you to change up a future playthrough.

How would you map them to buttons when you have 8 arts? 

There are eight face buttons. Torna already does that with the three main Arts+Special on the right side and then the Switch Art, Talent Art and while it isn't an Art, Blade Switch on the left side.

26 minutes ago, Shrow said:

I just couldn't get into it, I couldn't shake the feeling the combat was just Bravely Default but simpler.

That was probably intentional, it was made by the same devs after all.

20 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I'm guessing that if I want Izerna back during that map, I need Perceval or else I don't get her back.

I don't even know why he exists at all!

Am i missing an /s?

xD

There's no reason to take him down! He's so strong, and he serves no purpose whatsoever.

0a88795974608ded573fa3eefdf50dbec3f3e6dc

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I edited the message slightly. Check it out.

checked, thanks!

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm guessing that if I want Izerna back during that map, I need Perceval or else I don't get her back.

Nope. You get Izerna back anyway. It's for Perceval's recruitment

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm just confused as to why there's a level down attack in an SRPG especially if it's strong enough to just kill you outright.

To be honest? I... haven't the faintest idea. Guess he just wanted to make each dark magic orb unique somehow, so he just slapped a gimmick onto every orb, even if it hardly fit the thing.

Wrong, actually. Perceval is the only one that benefits from that. If you ignore him / don't fulfill the requirements for the event, you still get Izerna back.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Am i missing an /s?

xD

Nope. He's literally just a really strong generic in Chaos's class that drops nothing, does nothing and serves no greater purpose. That's it.

Obviously Hit-based cooldowns would not work in Xenoblade X. What I'm saying is that I'd like the sequel to be tweaked so that it does.

As for Overdrive, all the infinite Overdrive builds are pretty much for post-game. Aside from Ramjet Rifle (which sucks), you ain't really gonna be making Overdrive builds during the main story, especially if it's your first time playing. 

Class usage really only matters in regards to Cross and you're pretty discouraged from changing classes because if you invest in a class line and then switch to another, you go from having a lot of Arts to having no Arts. The upside of that is it does allow you to change up a future playthrough.

There are eight face buttons. Torna already does that with the three main Arts+Special on the right side and then the Switch Art, Talent Art and while it isn't an Art, Blade Switch on the left side.

I suppose that could work, but I think it's fine the way it is. That only really forces you to use AA's, which waste time as they are an awful attack option.

Well, that's not true. There are alot of good ways to keep up overdrive.

1: Longsword. Obviously this weapon is good at it at base. 

2: Essence exchange Saber art. Swaps current hp and tp, which can be risky... or not, depending on when you use it. 

3: arts tp gain weapons. Enemies can drop these making to gain super easy.

4: skills. The tp gain skills and max tp up skills make it a breeze to keep you around 6,000 tp.

Yeah, class usage means cross. Why select saber weapons for healing if dual swords could accomplish it?

With 8 arts, that could start to get inconvenient.

Nope. You get Izerna back anyway. It's for Perceval's recruitment

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wrong, actually. Perceval is the only one that benefits from that. If you ignore him / don't fulfill the requirements for the event, you still get Izerna back.

Good to know, wouldn't want to lose a healer.

All that unique magic talk reminds me of the magic system i posted in the old LPW thread a couple months back

Spoiler

ABniVnj.png

6 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Nope. He's literally just a really strong generic in Chaos's class that drops nothing, does nothing and serves no greater purpose. That's it.

exp then xD