Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I always spend way too long on character creation screens 😂

I’m not even deciding on anything important in gameplay, I’m deciding on HAIR COLOR

I'm terrible with character creators. If they're limited (like, say, FE12's Kris creator), I tend to make up a decently creative character then move on. However, the more freedom I'm given, the more I tend to try and make the character as absurdly ugly as possible. Seriously, you should see my characters on open-ended games like Oblivion and Fallout: New Vegas. They're all terrible, all of them. It is funny to me.

• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

I have no idea why anyone would pick build 2 unless they’re in planning on marrying Lissa...

Make canon Robin?

---

Anyway, character creation huh. I mostly just go with default stuff. I don't really go wild with them, save for an exception or two sometimes.

I'm not too crazed on replicating myself in those games, so eh...

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Keep them as the default and maybe change the hair color, if that. XD

I did that but I also changed the face.

The name though....

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

I did that but I also changed the face.

The name though....

I played Smash first before FE so I couldn't shake the name Robin.
But if he looks like nothing like Robin call him something really unique for this play through.
Is this Robin tall or short?

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This is the absolute hardest part for me.
Even when writing stories, I struggle to name my characters.
It's a nightmare, I tell you...

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, coming up with names is easy.

No I meant I couldn’t decide if I wanted to name Robin or something silly. I’m naming him Robin.

2 minutes ago, Shrow said:

But if he looks like nothing like Robin call him something really unique for this play through.
Is this Robin tall or short?

All I did was make his hair blonde and give him a face with slightly more emotion.

To answer your question, in the middle average looking default height.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

How do you tend to do it?

Names are names. There's lots, so I just pick one at random.

The hard part is if you're thinking that the name has to match its environment. If I'm coming up with a fictional country, I can't just go "Gaelic name, Latin name, Japanese name". There's no cohesion there. It has to be a theme, with any outliers having a reasonable explanation for their existence.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Names are names. There's lots, so I just pick one at random.

This is something I could never do, probably. I feel a name has to at least somewhat match the character I'm making.

Or else my I'd have a villain named "Bob". XD

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

The hard part is if you're thinking that the name has to match its environment. If I'm coming up with a fictional country, I can't just go "Gaelic name, Latin name, Japanese name". There's no cohesion there. It has to be a theme, with any outliers having a reasonable explanation for their existence.

Yeah, that's exactly it.
And exactly what makes it so hard.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I mean, if it's a more lighthearted plot, it'd make for a pretty funny twist to have the villain be known throughout the entire story by some sort of epic nickname, and at the end it's revealed he's just Bob, and that's the only reason he insists that everyone calls him "Supreme God Emperor Theseus".

Woah woah oh my word? Are the pair up stat gains always this high in this game?? (I’m in the first chapter/premonition or whatever)

Edited by Sooks1016

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, if it's a more lighthearted plot, it'd make for a pretty funny twist to have the villain be known throughout the entire story by some sort of epic nickname, and at the end it's revealed he's just Bob, and that's the only reason he insists that everyone calls him "Supreme God Emperor Theseus".

That is a good point. XD

---

Also, I officially hate those sauropod-like monsters (called Sauroposeidon in game) now.
F***ing hell, why are those things so gosh darn strong? They aren't even F.O.E.s!

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hey now, don't be dismissing Bob.

I mean, if it worked for Titan A.E. naming the new Earth Bob, then...

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hey now, don't be dismissing Bob.

I mean, Bob is a fine name and all, but... in a serious story, I'd rather have something that sounds a little bit less normal, you know?
Maybe that's just me, though.

Edited by DragonFlames

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Meh... All right, here goes. Multiple spoilers for extra security. MASSIVE BERWICK SAGA SPOILERS AHEAD.

I'm not too concerned about the plot, mainly as a precaution just in case I don't like the game and drop it halfway through (I did the same with Vestaria) but I do have a question:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

You make it sound like Reese goes off on his own to rescue his sister (who I know becomes the final recruitable thanks to the recruitment guides) but I take it all the units come with after passing the point of no return? It sounds like an obvious answer but I just wanna make sure.

Edited by Armagon

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually, Elma and Phog do it no problems as soon as OD is unlocked, as could Cross if you picked the Commando-Winged Viper-Full Metal Jaguar path. Wait for secondary cooldown, Primer > Sliding Slinger, Primer > Violent Streak/Sky High, Upper Hand > Sliding Slinger, and then spam Side Slash to generate TP and get that OD extension. Set Hellhound and Phantom Counter as skills to increase the OD duration and put a few hits on the OD counter from the start. Easy -if you know how.

I knew Elma had easy Overdrive but I wasn't aware Phog had it too. If I ever switch to them, I'll try it.

23 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Woah woah oh my word? Are the pair up stat gains always this high in this game?? (I’m in the first chapter/premonition or whatever)

To put it simply, Fates's pair up is really powerful but also a nerfed version of the mechanic originally in Awakening.

So yes.

1 minute ago, Sooks1016 said:

WOW an enemy activated their 5% crit in the prologue, this is another cursed run huh? xD

Luckily it was against Mr. Jagen and did 0 damage so no one died

What difficulty are you playing on?

I've only had that happen to me on hard before, but RNG is RNG so...

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

WOW an enemy activated their 5% crit in the prologue, this is another cursed run huh? xD

F

2 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Luckily it was against Mr. Jagen and did 0 damage so no one died

*sighs in relief*
Yeah, Frederick's Luck stat isn't the greatest. XD

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

What difficulty are you playing on?

Hard!

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, Frederick's Luck stat isn't the greatest. XD

Well he shouldn’t be falling off jUsT yet... IS plz