Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

That Junpei guy looks like a carbon copy of Jimenez...
Or rather Jimenez looks exactly like Junpei?
Depending on whether Persona 3 or Strange Journey came out first.
Still, it's a funny resemblance. Were this SMT, I'd assume Junpei represents the Chaos faction. XD

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, Benice said:

Hm...I wanna play something right now, but I don't know what. Not really in the mood for Trails or Shadow Dragon... Anyone got some suggestions?

.... Super Robot Wars...

Just now, Benice said:

Anyone got some suggestions?

Holy Sword of Silvanister

You could join the BWS Ironman crew

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

.... Super Robot Wars...

How much text/How much brain power is needed for it? I'm feeling mentally drained between me trying to figure out Sky's orb system thing and my homework.

1 minute ago, Spara said:

You could join the BWS Ironman crew

I maybe should finish my first playthrough before that, actually. Good idea, though. I am feelin' too tired for that kind of stuff right now, sadly.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hm...I wanna play something right now, but I don't know what. Not really in the mood for Trails or Shadow Dragon... Anyone got some suggestions?

Rune Factory 4? I might play some of that myself. I left off at Idra Cave.

1 minute ago, Benice said:

How much text/How much brain power is needed for it? I'm feeling mentally drained between me trying to figure out Sky's orb system thing and my homework.

Depends on the game, but for most just that you're familiar with FE should help you out a lot.

Unless you want to start small, in which case go back to the very roots of the series. The Classicverse games (1,2,3,EX,4), for the GB, NES, and SNES. All but 4 have fan translations.

Alternatively, I would recommend SRW J for the GBA. Also fan translated.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Depends on the game, but for most just that you're familiar with FE should help you out a lot.

Unless you want to start small, in which case go back to the very roots of the series. The Classicverse games (1,2,3,EX,4), for the GB, NES, and SNES. All but 4 have fan translations.

I will look into it!

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Rune Factory 4? I might play some of that myself. I left off at Idra Cave.

Ooo, maybe...

And ending song.

TL;DR since i am super tired and probably heading to bed now xD:

• Strong early game, super weak midgame, super strong late game
  • It was fun, but there were quite a bit frustrating/''why kaga'' elements
  • Love Skill based gameplay
  • Probably the most balanced cast in the history of FE
  • Needed more character interaction
  • Story kinda feels like a big prequel, ngl.
  • Good concepts that needed some fleshing out
  • Superb Music
  • Kaga romance kek

Well, Imma write my Thoughts in detail tomorrow haha

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

me trying to figure out Sky's orb system thing

The orbment system works similar to skills and stat boosters in FE.

Each character has their own orbment that they can equip with quartz that enhances their stats and abilities.

For example, HP+1 gives that character a small HP boost, Attack+1 gives the player a small attack boost, etc.

Likewise, quartz like confuse or blind can be used to increase that character's chance of inflicting that status effect on enemies.

Tbh, it confused me at first, but once you get a handle on it, you can optimize your party to serve different purposes like in FE.

Like in Sky SC, for instance, where I have one character who's an attack beast, a character whose main purpose is healing and support, a tanky character etc.

@Benice  if you’re looking for an rpg to play might I suggest Persona 4 golden on steam. Probably one of my favorite games of all time or  if you have a ps4 persona 5 royal is also a pretty good time.

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Each character has their own orbment that they can equip with quartz that enhances their stats and abilities.

For example, HP+1 gives that character a small HP boost, Attack+1 gives the player a small attack boost, etc.

Yep, I at least get that part. The part where I start to get confused is arts and stuff, where they start talking like "Use your orbament to quartz the [Whatever the monster crystally things are called] to get the arts that have elements, etc."

It's probably a lot like Berwick in that it makes sense once you actually start playing, though.

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

For something completely different: play a FE fangame. Sun God's Wrath is my suggestion. I don't shill that one nearly as much as I should.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And ending song.

TL;DR since i am super tired and probably heading to bed now xD:

• Strong early game, super weak midgame, super strong late game
  • It was fun, but there were quite a bit frustrating/''why kaga'' elements
  • Love Skill based gameplay
  • Probably the most balanced cast in the history of FE
  • Needed more character interaction
  • Story kinda feels like a big prequel, ngl.
  • Good concepts that needed some fleshing out
  • Superb Music
  • Kaga romance kek

Well, Imma write my Thoughts in detail tomorrow haha

Enough for now. I'm glad in the end you've enjoyed the game, in spite of the parts you didn't like!

1 minute ago, Ottservia said:

@Benice  if you’re looking for an rpg to play might I suggest Persona 4 golden on steam. Probably one of my favorite games of all time or  if you have a ps4 persona 5 royal is also a pretty good time.

Ah, thanks for the suggestion! I was also thinking of starting Awakening or something instead, since apparently Awakening is quite manageable in the earlygame, other than on Lunatic/+.

WHY DO I KEEP GETTING NINJA'D BY THE REQUESTS DANGIT

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

For something completely different: play a FE fangame. Sun God's Wrath is my suggestion. I don't shill that one nearly as much as I should.

Oh yeah, I remember starting that one a while back! My brain's kinda too tired for anything really strategic or new to me, though.

Ey, good night!

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Yep, I at least get that part. The part where I start to get confused is arts and stuff, where they start talking like "Use your orbament to quartz the [Whatever the monster crystally things are called] to get the arts that have elements, etc."

It's probably a lot like Berwick in that it makes sense once you actually start playing, though.

Yeah, I think so. I got confused at first, but it made sense as I went along. And tbh Sky FC isn't a very difficult game, so you have some leeway for experimentation.

Sky SC though?

Oi. It can destroy you.

You know you're in trouble when you hear the "oh crap, I'm 'bout to die" music.

180 kills Dean

Absolute Monster haha

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Enough for now. I'm glad in the end you've enjoyed the game, in spite of the parts you didn't like!

It was pretty fun, with alot of stuff i approve of

But also alot of ''why?''

Details later haha

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Good night!

Nighty night!

I will still be on mobile for a while though haha

5 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh yeah, I remember starting that one a while back! My brain's kinda too tired for anything really strategic or new to me, though.

I'd call Sun God's Wrath my favorite fangame at this point. No other fangame I've played manages to offer such a unique experience. It feels like its own game, so to speak - and it's a good game, at that. That being said, it's a rather tough hack, so probably not the best option to play if you're tired.

Play The Last Promise instead then

To be honest, if you're tired you probably should just avoid strategy games. Go for something less mentally-demanding.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

It was pretty fun, with alot of stuff i approve of

But also alot of ''why?''

Details later haha

Look forward to a more in-depth write-up!