• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

17 minutes ago, Benice said:

Kinky. I sure missed out by not S-supporting her...

Looks like I have to fill in for Benice here:

15 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

604744152843812937.png?v=1

I think you're misunderstanding that description.

Banned because that statement makes me think I’m misunderstanding. xD

I'm on Ch.8 in Project Ember (spoilering the following due to several images)

Spoiler

Screenshot_2528.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2529.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2530.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2531.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2533.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2534.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2535.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2536.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2537.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2538.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2539.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2540.png?width=769&height=432

Anyways, it's crazy how Lilina starts off with three Tomes in this hack. She has Fire by default, talking to Roy gets her Thunder and then talking to Debias gets her Elfire.

Also this hack made it so that (Ch.8 at least) encourages early promotion.

People who prefer promoting at Lv.20 playing Project Ember and realizing this game encourages early promotion

tenor_72.gif

Gonna be honest, not really a fan of those kind of game hacks... If you're modifying the game to spice up the gameplay or the graphics or whatever, don't change the story!

Anyway... MORE GETTER CRAZE!!!

Best attack at the end.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

9 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Gonna be honest, not really a fan of those kind of game hacks... If you're modifying the game to spice up the gameplay or the graphics or whatever, don't change the story!

Well tbf, Debias joining is very much a joke thing. I mean, he's an actually good unit but it was definitely meant for shits and giggles.

I will say that i'm not a fan of hacks that are meant to "fix" the game, unless it's something where it's completely justified. Like with Persona 3 and it's controllable party members mod, i'd use that. I haven't played Persona 3, i'm just using it as an example.

What i like about Project Ember is that it's pretty respectful to the original game. Like, it's basically FE6 Echoes. 

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Well tbf, Debias joining is very much a joke thing. I mean, he's an actually good unit but it was definitely meant for shits and giggles.

I will say that i'm not a fan of hacks that are meant to "fix" the game, unless it's something where it's completely justified. Like with Persona 3 and it's controllable party members mod, i'd use that. I haven't played Persona 3, i'm just using it as an example.

What i like about Project Ember is that it's pretty respectful to the original game. Like, it's basically FE6 Echoes. 

I checked their page. They seem to plan for more changes.

Oh man, I'd so wish to have that. Yes, I so want controllable party members in P3! I think Portable actually adds that, but no dice for FES.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I checked their page. They seem to plan for more changes.

Just bug fixes and the like. The core of the game is done, they aren't adding anything major.

What is adding major stuff is Maiden of Darkness, which is more of an FE6 fanfic than an FE6 Echoes.

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I think Portable actually adds that, but no dice for FES.

Yeah, Portable has that and since emulating PSP games is easier anyway, I think that's the version I'd play should I play it.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Just bug fixes and the like. The core of the game is done, they aren't adding anything major.

What is adding major stuff is Maiden of Darkness, which is more of an FE6 fanfic than an FE6 Echoes.

Yeah, Portable has that and since emulating PSP games is easier anyway, I think that's the version I'd play should I play it.

Oh, wait, those were already added. Those bits of the new playable characters. Like Lowen.

Ah well, I can't really complain much about it. It's not like I can play it anyway.

It'd be interesting to give Portable a try. But I kinda like more the presentation of FES. Plus the postgame content. Though Portable has added stuff of its own. They should make like a Definitive edition that combines the stuff added in both FES and Portable. And put it on Steam. With 4 it was easy since it only had Golden, but 3 has FES and Portable. Better a combined edition than putting up both I'd say.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thinking of alternative objectives from AW, there was a rarely-used "whoever captures X number of properties first wins". It's not exactly an FE seize, because there are more points to be taken than is necessary to win. Figure out how many captures the enemy is guaranteed, and then figure out which points you must deny them to hit the victory number, and then capture them yourself of course.

That objective is in one map in FE (it was three points so definitely not the same scale as AW), it's never been used outside of it and I'm still disappointed.

4 hours ago, Benice said:

One of her lost items. I didn't read the full description, but it said "This probably belongs to someone who likes Weird Games"

Kinky. I sure missed out by not S-supporting her...

Lest you forget, she has animal bone dice.

Also I could see her playing the knife game without breaking a sweat.

You're probably out of luck.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

People who prefer promoting at Lv.20 playing Project Ember and realizing this game encourages early promotion

Difficulty wise or because you get something else out of it?

I'd like to know what I'm getting myself in for.

Also, morning.to everyone.

Edited by Dayni

Good morning!

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

This comes to mind.:

Screen-Shot-2020-11-08-at-5-46-58-PM.png

Dude was taking a long and refreshing shower as you were infiltrating the enemy base knocking out his comrades.

And a little later:

Screen-Shot-2020-11-08-at-5-59-04-PM.png

Someone had to use the run-down bathroom, turns out it was occupied by bad guys letting loose. They turn around and fight you, without washing their hands first.

XD
This is hilarious!

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Shrimpy's learning Map 

If anyone is interested XD

It was just me messing around, so don't expect much

Note: Do check Skills and weapons. There are some really nasty surprises there, even if most units have the same weapon.

Anyway, i will crash into bed now, and any bit of feedback will be welcome! Even if that map goes against alot of stuff of what i believe map design should be like (Too small, for one) xD

Oh hey, awesome! I'll play it right away if I can!
I just hope it works under Linux.
Update: Which it predictably doesn't. *sad Draggy noises*

But this is really awesome! Congrats on your first map, Shrimpy!

Edited by DragonFlames

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I just hope it works under Linux.
Update: Which it predictably doesn't. *sad Draggy noises*

There, There - Pokémemes - Pokémon, Pokémon GO

I share your pain.

8 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Hey theres nothing wrong with something basic to begin, everyone starts somewhere! And besides, I think it looks fine! Congrats on completeing it!

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

But this is really awesome! Congrats on your first map, Shrimpy!

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Played it. The only nasty surprise was that the boss can one-shot half your units haha.

I will say that i think you went overboard with the long-range on the upper section of the map. That whole section felt like a no man's land. Of course, it wasn't actually difficult by any means since it was just a test map but i personally don't think there should be that many long-range units covering a section.

Thanks for playing!

Honestly, the main reason i added them was the flier (That is very strong) and more importantly, to meme Kaga, since he spams his maps with Ballistas (which is usually very annoying).

Today i will expand the map to make an actual map of it, and try to import plugins and stuff (mainly changing calculations, UI, and adding wexp instead of WLV)

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Today i will expand the map to make an actual map of it, and try to import plugins and stuff (mainly changing calculations, UI, and adding wexp instead of WLV)

Good luck with this, sounds fun!

So uh... I don't feel entirely confortable with the shameless shilling, but I've released the thing I made in SRPG studio. It has 4 chapters, and it's not the most impressive game in existence, but hey, I made it, so I'm proud enough of it. If anyone's looking for a way to kill an hour or two, I'd appreciate some feedback.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Good luck with this, sounds fun!

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So uh... I don't feel entirely confortable with the shameless shilling, but I've released the thing I made in SRPG studio. It has 4 chapters, and it's not the most impressive game in existence, but hey, I made it, so I'm proud enough of it. If anyone's looking for a way to kill an hour or two, I'd appreciate some feedback.

Will definetly check it out later today^^

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Increase window size. This small size is really bad for the eyes ngl

Dammit, I knew I forgot something! F4 for fullscreen.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Shrimpy's learning Map 

If anyone is interested XD

It was just me messing around, so don't expect much

Note: Do check Skills and weapons. There are some really nasty surprises there, even if most units have the same weapon.

Anyway, i will crash into bed now, and any bit of feedback will be welcome! Even if that map goes against alot of stuff of what i believe map design should be like (Too small, for one) xD

Cult (TM) is best antagonist.

Pretty fun map for a test! Keep 'em coming.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'm on Ch.8 in Project Ember (spoilering the following due to several images)

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2528.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2529.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2530.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2531.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2533.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2534.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2535.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2536.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2537.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2538.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2539.png?width=769&height=432

Screenshot_2540.png?width=769&height=432

Anyways, it's crazy how Lilina starts off with three Tomes in this hack. She has Fire by default, talking to Roy gets her Thunder and then talking to Debias gets her Elfire.

tenor_72.gif

I don't know, I didn't feel it encourages early promotion much more than other FEs. And I'm playing Maniac!

Anyway, yeah, Project Ember is pretty cool. Speaking of Lilina, did you know? She has a special promotion!

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pretty fun map for a test! Keep 'em coming.

Thanks Thanks 😄

Btw, did you notice a certain support Bonus and what it references?

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

and 2) the people who made this remembered that Fate/Stay Night used to be one of THOSE visual novels and as such really wanted to, er, compensate for the original Fate/Extra being very tame in the, uh, you-know-what department.

Well, Extra is written, by Nasu afaik, so...