• Draug: Gentle Giant
    • Benny: Sensitive Soul
    • Valbar: Open and Honest
    • Dedue: Dimitri's Vassal
    • Zephiel: The Liberator
    • Amelia: Rose of the War
    • Kjelle: Fair Fighter

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/06/2022 at 02:59 AM

Out of the options, I've only builtĀ Amelia, Zephiel, and Draug. I'll start with Amelia and see where things go from there.

If all of them end up dropping out, I at least also have Arden, Valbar, and Kjelle leveled.

Iā€™m just surprised that this VG wasnā€™t just another ā€œoops, all Spring Heroesā€ one. I really thought it would be one since they skipped it last year.

For those keeping score, this would be the first time that Valbar and Benny have been featured on a banner. Valbar in particular was the second oldest unit to never be on a banner (Azama is the oldest). Now, I believe itā€™s Emmeryn that is the second oldest unit to never be on a banner.

Benny is one of the units, and frankly that's all I needed to hear.
But to be honest, this gauntlet feels... very bleh overall. Not sure I can explain why, but seeing the gauntlet lineup just doesn't give me much of any feelings...

59 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

But to be honest, this gauntlet feels... very bleh overall. Not sure I can explain why, but seeing the gauntlet lineup just doesn't give me much of any feelings...

The line-up is

• one unit that was in the 4-star pool at the game's launch
  • two Book 1 Grail units
  • two instant demotes
  • two 5-star units without exclusive weapons, one of whom is Dedue, who was released exactly one month after the significantly better Valentine Gustav
  • Amelia, who was once good, but isn't anymore

Which is to say none of the units are currently relevant, and most of them were never relevant.

Huh, it's nice to see that this VG isn't mostly ladies this time. That said, the reason why seems to be "tough and burly" is mostly a "guy thing," which is kind of grimace-inducing, but it's mostly shrugable.

As for the characters themselves, the ones I like the best are Amelia, Dedue, and Benny. I think I'll start out supporting Benny (because he's an absolute sweetheart) and see what happens from there. My guess, though, is that Amelia will wind up winning since she's the "cutest" (I think they made her much more shojou in her art here than she actually is, though, from her squeaking to her poses, to her artwork. In FE8, I got much more "noble (character quality, not social rank) newbie" vibes with serious undertones. It's too bad that was almost completely lost to the "earnest cutie" persona she exhibits in Heroes.)

Interesting we don't have Effie here. I guess they decided to pick Benny as Fates unit instead of her, to give him not only his Voting Gauntlet debut but also his Focus Hero debut, since he was a insta demote instead of being in the banner. (Nifl took his place)

56 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Interesting we don't have Effie here. I guess they decided to pick Benny as Fates unit instead of her, to give him not only his Voting Gauntlet debut but also his Focus Hero debut, since he was a insta demote instead of being in the banner. (Nifl took his place)

Yeah, and Effie did appear in a past VG (the brawn one that ended with Legendary Ike beating Duma).

Naturally, she was the only female in the VG but she lost to Duma in Round 2.

Does anyone know if Dedue ever got the multiplier? I wasn't paying a lot of attention to this gauntlet and every time I checked in Zephiel had the multiplier.

I feel like Dedue had to have gotten it once before it ended because of the difference in scores but obviously I can't confirm this personally.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Yeah, this gauntlet feels...eh? Not the best, I guess. Anyway, I went with Amelia...and wouldn't you know it, Kjelle has had the multiplier the ENTIRE time, so I'm fully expecting a loss here.

It took 8 hours for Kjelle to recover from an Amelia multiplier earlier today, and Amelia got her last multiplier with only 5 hours left for Kjelle to catch up.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Yeah, this gauntlet feels...eh? Not the best, I guess. Anyway, I went with Amelia...and wouldn't you know it, Kjelle has had the multiplier the ENTIRE time, so I'm fully expecting a loss here.

Nah, Amelia won apparently. As it turned out, Kjelle is also woefully unlucky in addition to being woefully unpopular.

If I have my information right, it's Arden v. Valbar and Dedue v. Amelia for Round 2.

No one on my friends list was on team Draug, so whenever I fielded my level 1 Draug, I got teamed up with like level 1 Alfonse and Annas and couldn't even win. Most notably I kept being demolished by a 4-star level 1 Vyland, who ignores the weapon triangle advantage of even Draug and Alfonse at the same time. So I'm glad he lost in the end. šŸ˜›

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Does anyone know if Dedue ever got the multiplier? I wasn't paying a lot of attention to this gauntlet and every time I checked in Zephiel had the multiplier.

I feel like Dedue had to have gotten it once before it ended because of the difference in scores but obviously I can't confirm this personally.

He got 3 multipliers. I was able to catch the two yesterday with x8 which left me close to top 100. Normally I would have been more "efficient" with my stacks, but following this on the first day was rough.

Well, Benny lost, so I hopped onto Dedue's team. Glad he and Amelia made it through to round 2.

1 hour ago, LoneStar said:

Well Amelia is having what seems to be her last multiplier. See you guys in the next Voting Saltfest Gauntlet thread.

It took 13 hours for Valbar to catch up this time, and the number of hours to catch up typically decreases as the event continues, so we can still expect at least one more multiplier before the end of the round.