Nintendo Direct 9/13/22

Fabulously Olivier

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, ciphertul said:

…. Why!? Why must they do this!?

... I honestly do not know. Apparently it is indeed mainline.
-- I wonder if the "anime-side" of the development team led the efforts on this one, compared to the old guard. (Then again, this info is based off of an old interview during the Fates era. Who knows how things are now.)

I'll give "Fire Emblem: Engage" a benefit of a doubt, but I'm not that hyped for it.

The graphics look SO smooth and everything looks so bright and colorful!! The gimmick of summoning Heroes (and merging with them?) seems like a logical extension of both FEH and TMS' USPs, which has my interest. So... when do we get a new subforum? Do we ask @eclipse?

The funny thing is, when the direct started I wondered if it was a new JRPG from Monolith Soft for some reason, but as soon as the narrator started talking about kingdoms and the like I told myself "No, this sounds like a Fire Emblem." I think it helped that the leaks mentioned the Atelier staff was working on this, so the softer art style didn't throw me off.

Edit: Trailer!

Edited by DefyingFates

14 minutes ago, Sire said:

Toothpaste is real.

not only real, but now its a combination of calling other series char ala heroes and have them become your persona like TMS.

dont know whether to laugh of happiness or silliness

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I'm just going to look at the bright side. And you all knew this was coming from me.

This is how we get a true FEW2. The assets are in the engine now.

Ooh, I didn't think about that!

I guess we should ask the obvious though: do we think we're just getting the Lords here too, if there'll be one rep from each game, or what?

If you thought the Edelgard vs Dimitri arguments were bad now, just imagine how bad it'll be if only one of them are ported to Engage. Ditto for avatars if only one gender is added too.

31 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

It does look better than the leak, but if I wasn't at work, I'd be sob-laughing to death.

thats similar to my reaction. had to contain my laughter my stomach hurt. this really scream so bad its good to me

at least they seems to polish the graphic a bit more compared to the leak (maybe?)

and releasing on january with exact date also means its mostly finished, unlike 3 house annoucement trailer. the leak were 100% correct then

Edited by joevar

At least Octopath Traveler II looks good.
-- I still need to finish the first one (and maybe try out Triangle Strategy proper).

Oh, and Pikmin 4 is thing! I still need to complete the 3rd game, although I think I finished it by beating the "final boss."

Bayonetta 3 in October is nice. (Never got around to playing the other games yet...)

Guess BotW 2 is "Tears of the Kingdom."

Looking over the new FE Trailer again, I have a feeling there will be an importance of a hub area again, like Three Houses Monastery. Looks like it may be a place built up over time...
-- The Monastery in Three Houses ended up taking too much time in my opinion, so seeing something similar return is a little worrying.
-- Also, the "Corrupted" is just like the "Risen" from Awakening. Even the big bad invokes Grima vibes, save for being a "Snake Dragon" thing.

I guess the aesthetic just doesn't fit well with me. Perhaps it may be the best game ever, but initial impressions are not inspiring.
-- I'll probably gather my thoughts and put something together more when the proper subforum for it comes out.
- - - - -
Also, no Three Hopes DLC announcement. A shame, but perhaps it may be saved for later. Right?...

Not a bad direct. Got some heavy hitters like Octopath, Fire Emblem and Bayonetta.

But just dragging things out with headlines at the end only to conclude things on a kind of non entity of a trailer didn't amuse me. Yeah hearing the release date was nice but I'm ready to finally actually hear something about BOTW 2 itself rather than some disjointed footage. 

3 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Ouch. So I'mma say Three Hopes dlc is either a twitter drop or not happening. Pretty upsetting.

Tokyo Game Show is coming up, it could be saved for then. At least I'm hoping it is.

Anyways, I'm actually quite excited for this. The male MC doesn't look nearly as stupid as the female MC hair wise and I find the idea of bringing back the MCs endearing. Plus it looks beautiful even with the heavy 'animu' influence.

We're getting Bayo content and BOTW 2, or should I say, TOTK got a release date so I'm excited for theat.

No Metroid Prime 4...sigh.

While I don't care one way or the other for what we've seen so far of Fire Emblem Engage, I'm happy the leaks were real just so I can shove it in the faces of the assholes who were extremely rude to anyone who thought it was real. Because some people out there said some really nasty things.

PS: If you thought it was fake but weren't an asshole about it, that's fine. I have nothing against people who were merely skeptical.

Edited by Florete

Little let down there’s no Three Hopes DLC, I feel like this might mean there’s none? I can’t imagine any reason not to show it now. I hope I’m wrong cuz I really want some.

In work so was only skimming through the direct. Haven’t properly looked at the Engage trailer, and I didn’t look at any leaks, so I was surprised. Will analyse the trailer later.

BotW2 finally having a name and release is so hype to me that everything else doesn’t really matter.I’ve been waiting so long. Just need to adjust to not calling it BotW2 haha. TotK it is.

13 minutes ago, Sire said:

Also, the "Corrupted" is just like the "Risen" from Awakening. Even the big bad invokes Grima vibes, save for being a "Snake Dragon" thing.

honestly, the only thing that actually makes me hate this trailer is how they try too hard to sell Marth all over again.

seriously, theres even fell dragon there. FE is not a continuos series, but its like marth is the progenitor of all heroic. and the new protag just know it somehow he's the big shot

Edited by joevar

2 minutes ago, joevar said:

honestly, the only thing that actually makes me hate this trailer is how they try too hard to sell Marth all over again.

seriously, theres even fell dragon there. FE is not a continuos series, but its like marth is the progenitor of all heroic. and the new protag just know it somehow he's the big shot

I can't wait for more support conversations with other lords who have accomplished as much as Marth, if not more, to just praise him as the greatest evarrrr while he humbly insists he's not all that. I hated that shit in FEW.