Nintendo Direct 9/13/22

Fabulously Olivier

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Predictions:

• Quick shout-outs to games already released (namely Splatoon 3)
  • 3rd party sizzle reel
  • Some new game that nobody thought of but makes perfect sense
  • Mario Movie trailer
  • Some more ports
  • Bayonetta 3

Hopes

• SSBU complete edition
  • Project X Zone 3
  • BOTW 2 gameplay
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Tomato Adventure remake
  • New 3D Mario (sneak peek)
  • FE4 remake
  • New Donkey Kong
  • Switch port of Dragalia Lost
Edited by Perkilator

Expectations:

A disproportionate amount of time will be spent breaking down the new features in the Zelda remasters.

Hopes:

Three Hopes dlc

Any FE remake. My preference would be 9-10, but 4-5, 6, 7, or 8 would all be excellent.

If it shows, the new FE looks nothing like the Atelier Garbage Sessions # FE leak.

New Dynasty Warriors Gundam. Throw those fans a bone.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

There should be news on those Persona games that are suppose to release on the Switch in a few months.

Other than that, for me it would be DLC news on Three Hopes, and maybe Xenoblade 3.

4 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

BOTW 2 gameplay

"Hello everyone, this is Eiji Aonuma the director of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2. I'm sorry to announce and that we will need more time before we can show you something from our upcoming game." But seriously, I hope that they show something. I'm guessing they pulled people from Monolithsoft to help with the game since Xeno 3 release a month early, and had some glaring bugs.

Hopes:

Two of the three potential FE things that have been rumored and/or expected (Genealogy remake, Three Hopes DLC, new mainline game Gust or no)

Another game that I may look at and say "yeah, I'll pick that up."

Pie-In-The-Sky Dream:

Kirby Air Ride and/or Custom Robo remake or sequel. 

That's it really. Anything else, like GameCube or GBA on NSO would probably put me over the edge and I'd subscribe (assuming that they have the games from those systems I like on them), but that's not a guarantee or even a hope I'm willing to entertain.

Everything else is for everyone else.

oh wow, direct in less than 24 hours since announcement.

want:

• Xenoblade 3 DLC first details. 
  • FE remake
  • FE non remake
  • some new game that will somehow scratch my itch that i dont know i had

expect:

• Zelda
  • Zelda
  • Zelda
  • splatoon related stuff
  • some kids game stuff that involve moving the joycon to play
  • some announcement of port of already released game on other platform
Edited by joevar

Very excited to see what's coming. I can't really think off the top of my head anything that is guaranteed bar maybe some Bayo 3 content since that is coming out soon and news of the Persona ports.

I also feel like we'll be getting Zelda TP and WW ported more than likely. I think it's about time and they are the last few Wii U games that have yet to be brought to the Switch.

As for my wants, I really want to see some Three Hopes DLC. Also some FE in general. Would love to finally get a remake announcement. I would expect it to be either one of GotHW, Binding Blade or Path of Radiance. Binding Blade makes sense because of the 20th anniversary, but I would prefer GotHW. 

A pipe dream of mine is some form of Kid Icarus content, as unlikely as it may seem.

Cool. I honestly have no idea what would likely be in this direct.

I'm hoping for the following:

1. More information about Breath of the Wild 2.

2. Announcement of either a new FE game or a remake of FE4.

3. Zelda Oracle Games remake, sold as a bundle that will include the cancelled third Oracle game.

49 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I hope to see dreams crushed.

"Breath of the Wild 2 has been delayed to 2026, in order to give us more time to scrap all the work we've already put into it and start from scratch. Thank you for understanding."

My prediction that I think we'll might see in tomorrow's Nintendo Direct might have:

• Fire Emblem announcement (either brand new installment or remake) - I definitely think it's going to be announcing a new installment instead since Nintendo did added Genealogy of the Holy War to Japanese SNES Online while ago.
  • Pokémon Scarlet & Violet Expansion Pack announcement
  • Another Tales of Series game ported to the Nintendo Switch like how Vesperia got a Definitive Edition added in Switch.
  • TurboGrafx-16 or Sega Saturn Online for Nintendo Switch + Expansion Pack announcement
  • Bayonetta 3
  • An another Mega Man Legacy collection (maybe they'll port the GB games next or Legends + 64)
  • That new Fatal Fury installment that was announced at Evo (they haven't confirmed what console platform the game is going to be on yet) 

Random (but it might be either 25% chance or not):

• Mega Man 12
  • Probably new updates for Capcom 2nd Arcade Stadium
  • Classic Tekken Ports
  • Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters (since all of the six are now in Steam and Mobile right now, they might be waiting for Console release announcement)
  • Arms 2 
Edited by King Marth 64

Mega Man X DiVE for Switch would be awesome. According to data mines, there's supposed to be a Switch version coming, with an exclusive 3v3 mode.

Other stuff that would be delightful to see:

• BotW 2
  • Oracle Zelda remakes
  • Mega Man 12
  • Mega Man X9
  • Chrono Trigger remaster
  • New Shantae

What I personally like to see:

-- Advance Wars Reboot Camp (It was supposed to release like in February, but then it got delayed. Shame it the delay happened again with the AW franchise, as the first title was delayed in JP due to similar reasons.)
-- Fire Emblem: Three Hopes DLC (Make it happen. As long as it adds additional gameplay [characters, classes, missions, a new route], I'll be happy. // Oh, and adding the original timeskip designs from Three Houses would be neat.)
-- Fire Emblem, News (Whether it's mainline, Echoes remake,  or confirmation of that one leak, I want to see what's next.)

Other news would be nice to see as well, but I just don't have the resources to fully appreciate them (BotW 2, Bayonetta 3, new 3D Mario, etc.)

2 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

Mega Man X9

whoa, that optimism is off the chart , sir

9 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I hope to see dreams crushed.

just the usual menu then

I want an FE4 remake because the game is really not good at all. I quit during the chapter after the time skip. It is sooo slow and boring. It would greatly benefit from a remake. The only fire emblem games I have not beaten are FE 1, FE2 (because I played the superior remakes), and FE 4. FE 4 is the only fire emblem that I did not enjoy. I don't know Japanese, so the story wasn't of any interest to me.  It was awkward to read a translation on my laptop, while  playing on my switch. And before I played the game, everyone had already spoiled that one plot twist. With the skip feature,  higher difficulty settings, and better distribution of enemies, a FE4 remake could possibly be amazing!

What I'm hoping for:
- FE6-10 ports
- FE4/5 remake
- FEW:3H DLC
- New FE (whatever disaster it may be, I'm looking forward to it.)
- Zelda TP port
- Megaman Battle Network 3-7 ports
- Advanced Wars finally releases

If at least one of these is in there I'll be a happy man.