Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

Battle ballgrowns are peak aesthetic and I will not here otherwise!
....Now, the flowerpot in her crown is questionable, but it does give her a "Fighting Marie Antoinette" vibe~

5 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

Not a fan of fog of war possibly returning, but oh well.

Now the question remains, will the daggers be like Fates hidden weapons, debuffing enemies on hit, or like Tellius knives, weaker ranged weapons for thieves, rouges and assassins? 

I wonder if every royal/noble will have the noble class, now that we know different characters can wield different weapons. 

While it is likely they will be for Thief classes (minus those that inexplicably use Axes like Anna does), there is no way they are gonna go back to Tellius knives, especially when you remember those knives weren't actually 1-2 range... They are likely going to be debuffing weapons, especially since Battalions aren't back and they were the stand-in for debuffs in 3H. The real question is going to be if the debuffing system will work like it did in Fates or it does in Heroes (you recover one point a TURN, or that you get all debuffs at once, but only lasts til your next action). Hopefully the latter...

I also expect every Noble to be the Noble class. I don't think there are "classes" in the traditional sense, of neatly sorted representations of skills. They are more simply titles that go up and improve upon Promotions (Paladin > Gold Knight, Noble > Lord, Noble > Princess, Monk > War Cleric).
It fundamentally acts the same, just that it gives a bit more personality to some characters. Watch two characters have exactly the same development in class and weapon progression, but just have two different names (I'm betting we will see Archer > Sniper and Hunter > Ranger again...).

28 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

I love Celine's big poofy dress and long flowing hair. And I'm she's not chibified as I had initially feared

I made the mistake of giving Soren a knife when he promoted. In my head it made so much sense that he'd rather cut someone that heal them

If it makes you feel any better, Soren would absolutely want to cut someone over even having a chance of healing subhumans...

also what does "chibified" even means??

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classes do seem to be interesting so far. Every infantry enemy we've seen so far that has allowed us to have a glimpse of their class name has been [weapon] Fighter. I wouldn't be surprised if our axe boy isn't just Axe Fighter rather than Fighter/some other traditional class name. I can see Engage taking the Heroes approach and calling each class [Weapon] Fighter/Knight/Armour/Flier. I think the exception will be Bow Fighters who I imagine will just be called Archers and Thieves, who I imagine will have sole access to knives.

As for playable characters, I imagine classes and promotions will be a by character basis possibly, which I think would be really cool. I always liked how in GotHW/Thracia, some characters who has the same base class promoted to different things, which helped unit uniqueness. I can see each noble character we get just being called Noble and having different promos and weapon type access. I also hope Vander promotes from Paladin to smth else so he isn't just axe locked.

1 hour ago, Mysterique Sign said:

I made the mistake of giving Soren a knife when he promoted. In my head it made so much sense that he'd rather cut someone that heal them

As hillarious in image as that is,  it sounds like a pretty bad call. 

1 hour ago, KoriCongo said:

While it is likely they will be for Thief classes (minus those that inexplicably use Axes like Anna does), there is no way they are gonna go back to Tellius knives, especially when you remember those knives weren't actually 1-2 range... They are likely going to be debuffing weapons, especially since Battalions aren't back and they were the stand-in for debuffs in 3H. The real question is going to be if the debuffing system will work like it did in Fates or it does in Heroes (you recover one point a TURN, or that you get all debuffs at once, but only lasts til your next action). Hopefully the latter...

I also expect every Noble to be the Noble class. I don't think there are "classes" in the traditional sense, of neatly sorted representations of skills. They are more simply titles that go up and improve upon Promotions (Paladin > Gold Knight, Noble > Lord, Noble > Princess, Monk > War Cleric).
It fundamentally acts the same, just that it gives a bit more personality to some characters. Watch two characters have exactly the same development in class and weapon progression, but just have two different names (I'm betting we will see Archer > Sniper and Hunter > Ranger again...).

It`s very unlikely they will go back to Tellius knives, but not impossible. I doubt it, but until it is confirmed, I will not assume anything.

Not sure how I feel about that idea, but I will just have to wait and see.

7 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

I, for one, love Celine's dress. Slaying her enemies while looking fabulous <3333 I fear very few of our favorites can say the same... 

4 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Can't fight crime if you don't look cute

4 hours ago, KoriCongo said:

Battle ballgrowns are peak aesthetic and I will not here otherwise!
....Now, the flowerpot in her crown is questionable, but it does give her a "Fighting Marie Antoinette" vibe~

Count me in. There's something to be admired about women in battle. And I do so love a lovely lady who carries her elegance to the battlefield.

1 hour ago, Seazas said:

Is it a safe bet to assume Chloe and Louis are Celine's retainers too? They even show up on the same chapter.

Possibly, though I don't think we've seen Etie yet (I assume that wasn't her in the Alfred clip since she wasn't revealed right after him). It'd keep the retainer count down too if we had two per royal family instead of per person.

14 minutes ago, Rose482 said:

I, for one, love Celine's dress. Slaying her enemies while looking fabulous <3333 I fear very few of our favorites can say the same... 

Is the bulk of that with a white background because you thought it would be a hot take? 😛 For the record, while I'm not a fan of the top half I do think her dress is pretty... just not that practical~

While this next bit probably belongs in another thread, I wonder if we'll get a Somniel tour at some point, including a showcase of the different outfits. Even if the Emblems can't equip corporeal clothes, it would be so cool ifthey could use their class change outfits instead - or Brave/ other outfits if they don't have any or they'd look too similar. Brave Eirika would let Ephraim be around in spirit, Legendary Celica would be in her Overclass, Lucina could have her Valentine's gown, Byleth and Sigurd could be in their Halloween and Scion suits... :'3

I wonder when we’re getting a focus direct on this game. I mean they really need one to greatly push the marketing ESPECIALLY for the overseas fans since there’s not many FE fans that look at the JP posts or even know they exist since NoA doesn’t do these. I’m guessing either late December since Pokemon Scarlet/Violet are obviously gonna be a MAIN focus from release into late December till inevitable DLC or one week before release in January with maybe a tour around Somniel and more gameplay mechanics, new characters  and features I’m predicting it’ll be the latter. 

They COULD also shadow drop a random trailer but personally a focus direct would have a greater impact it did wonders for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 so they know that’d be the right choice.

Edited by Mage Goddess Lysithea

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Possibly, though I don't think we've seen Etie yet (I assume that wasn't her in the Alfred clip since she wasn't revealed right after him). It'd keep the retainer count down too if we had two per royal family instead of per person.

We have. There's only one archer lady with a bow on her head and the stuff we see of her in the trailer and other characters' trailers align with the girl paired with Alfred. The assumption you make isn't a very stable one otherwise axe bro should've been introduced after too.

37 minutes ago, Mage Goddess Lysithea said:

I wonder when we’re getting a focus direct on this game. I mean they really need one to greatly push the marketing ESPECIALLY for the overseas fans since there’s not many FE fans that look at the JP posts or even know they exist since NoA doesn’t do these. I’m guessing either late December since Pokemon Scarlet/Violet are obviously gonna be a MAIN focus from release into late December till inevitable DLC or one week before release in January with maybe a tour around Somniel and more gameplay mechanics, new characters  and features I’m predicting it’ll be the latter. 

They COULD also shadow drop a random trailer but personally a focus direct would have a greater impact it did wonders for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 so they know that’d be the right choice.

I honestly wouldn't expect a focus direct for a while. They're going to focus on Bayonetta 3 and then Pokemon Scarlet and Violet until they release.

Once we get to December, who knows. Engage will be the next major game by that point, so Nintendo might start then or dedicate December to remembering 2022's releases.

At the absolute latest, we'll get something by Early January, when advertising for Engage likely will be in full swing.

Edited by Sentinel07

At this point whenever they’ll do a January focus direct for Engage I wonder if the marketing push by then would be too late even considering how preorders are doing well. JP is as usual marketing it well with the weekly Character reveals/gameplay posts but NoA hasn’t done anything since which a majority of Nintendo fans go to for info. I guess they’re just that confident the game will be a success once the release gets closer ie making it the recent Nintendo Direct game starter which IS a huge deal but at this point I’m not expecting any changes than just what’s coming till the release. Personally late December is a better time to grow the hype overseas for the remaining few weeks like Xenoblade 3.

9 hours ago, Mage Goddess Lysithea said:

Considering warriors only got random trailers and three houses didn't get its own direct, I'm assuming we're only getting trailers like all other fire emblem games we've gotten. Only exceptions were the trailers in nintendo directs, we've never gotten a direct focused on one fire emblem game. That FE direct back in 2017 made sense since the revealed 4 games which is crazy looking back

Fog of war returning is nice to see. Also the map designs seem a lot better this time compared to Three Houses. Hopefully they aren't a one-and-done deal and we get several FOW maps and need torches.

Daggers are back, that's another plus. In the footage it looked like they might be 1 range only (?). Or maybe it's like in Radiant Dawn where you get both 1 range and 1-2 range knives. That Jacoba rogue guy in the leak will likely be a dagger user for our side and it's good to have a dedicated thief back if that's the case.

Celine's dress is wild and her crown is even wilder but sword+magic combo on a base class should be fun.

All in all, I hope the majority of the cast isn't just these royals and their retainers. If they all have two retainers like Alfred, that's already going to be a pretty sizeable roster and that worries me. I like having lots of variety in the army.

I just realized the character classes has 2 parts:

• Alear has Dragon Child/Dragon Race
  • Vander has Paladin/Horseback
  • Framme has Monk/Qigong
  • Cramme has Mage/Magic
  • Alfred has Noble/Horseback
  • Celine has Noble/Magic

I wonder what does the second part signify, since it's interesting that Vander and Alfred's is movement type, while Framme, Cramme and Celine's are weapon type. No idea what "Dragon Race" will do though.

1 hour ago, kienquocsi said:

I just realized the character classes has 2 parts:

• Alear has Dragon Child/Dragon Race
  • Vander has Paladin/Horseback
  • Framme has Monk/Qigong
  • Cramme has Mage/Magic
  • Alfred has Noble/Horseback
  • Celine has Noble/Magic

I wonder what does the second part signify, since it's interesting that Vander and Alfred's is movement type, while Framme, Cramme and Celine's are weapon type. No idea what "Dragon Race" will do though.

My first thought was the first part would be a class that's universal and 2nd part would be something that the character specifically provides. For example, let's say Noble is just a sword wielding class but Celine herself has magic. But that's obviously wrong as Alfred has the same class but uses lances and there are redundant ones like Cramme's mage/magic and vander's paladin/horseback. Maybe it's just to show the class's important traits? idk cause that's still kinda wrong with Noble

Edited by Crubat

6 hours ago, Crubat said:

Considering warriors only got random trailers and three houses didn't get its own direct, I'm assuming we're only getting trailers like all other fire emblem games we've gotten. Only exceptions were the trailers in nintendo directs, we've never gotten a direct focused on one fire emblem game. That FE direct back in 2017 made sense since the revealed 4 games which is crazy looking back

TBF Warriors is a spin-off not a big budget main series game and Three Houses had E3 with the trailers and Treehouse stuff. Engage is in a weird spot since the release is very close no E3 pushing like Three Houses I’m not sure if Nintendo Treehouse is an E3 only thing which I’m currently not sure they could do that but things can change from back then to now as FE keeps getting bigger.

2 minutes ago, Mage Goddess Lysithea said:

TBF Warriors is a spin-off not a big budget main series game and Three Houses had E3 with the trailers and Treehouse stuff. Engage is in a weird spot since the release is very close no E3 pushing like Three Houses I’m not sure if Nintendo Treehouse is an E3 only thing which I’m currently not sure they could do that but things can change from back then to now as FE keeps getting bigger.

I agree, it def is a big enough franchise to warrant a direct so I'd be excited to get one but not surprised. And yeah, we've gotten treehouse stuff without E3 so it's def possible

20 hours ago, Safy said:

Daggers are back, that's another plus. In the footage it looked like they might be 1 range only (?).

I haven't been paying THAT much attention to enemy movement values, but Celine enters that dagger user's range (seen through aggro lines) from 7 spaces away. This means either 6 move and 1 range, or 5 move and 1(?)-2 range, and from everything we've seen thus far, the latter seems more likely.

Edit... So I now have payed plenty of attention to enemy movement, and yeah, everything that isn't mounted is at 4 mov it seems. The odds of this one thief randomly having 6 seem pretty low.
This would also mean that thieves have the same movement as tier 1 cavalry in this. I'm not sure that's ever happened outside of like, troubadours in FE8.

Edited by Cysx

12 hours ago, Cysx said:

This would also mean that thieves have the same movement as tier 1 cavalry in this. I'm not sure that's ever happened outside of like, troubadours in FE8.

Actually that thief is 6 spaces away from Celine. So if dagger has 2 range, he will have 4 mov, which fits perfectly

1 hour ago, kienquocsi said:

Actually that thief is 6 spaces away from Celine. So if dagger has 2 range, he will have 4 mov, which fits perfectly

The line shows up before that, as Celine is still moving and one space away from her attacking spot. We can see from the other trailers that aggro lines are very dynamic, just like they were in 3H iirc.

By the way, that Hammer guy Celine wrecks is very likely to be the exact same Chloe skewers in the reveal trailer. First they both drop a Hammer, which is... quite unlikely to be very common, and the scenery fits perfectly as well. Which means (assuming this is right) we can actually theorize Chloe's stats at that moment, based on Celine's.

... which is what I'd normally say, but after looking at the lifebar length in detail, Celine's version of that enemy has more max HP. Could be hard mode again, regardless a 1/1 comparison won't work.

... which is probably for the better, because Chloe was looking completely busted otherwise.

Edited by Cysx