Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

Okay, looking at it on a bigger screen, I'm 99% convinced this is indeed the final chapter of Sacred Stone. We now have three chapters that aren't the ones tied to the character's ultimate weapon directly (River of Thracia, 3-13 and now this). Might not be a thing.

9 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

image.png.4de0c1a3ec6cbe53318d7f9f1cb671a2.png

- Our boi is giving Goldmary 2 weapons, I'm not sure what they are though

This is kinda vexing, because I don't really know either and I consider myself a pretty big fan of both Roy and FE6(Lol at Vincent saying basically the exact same thing). The reddish blades are just weird and not something we see often. I even checked Al's awakened sword from the manga, but... doesn't seem to be it. They could have taken liberties when recreating certain minor GBA swords or something, not sure. It's also quite weird how... similar they look, to each other, and to the Binding Blade. Really curious what's going on here.

8 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

I leave the number of enemies in range there because I thought he has a skill that grants +3 hit/avoid for each enemies in range, but that still doesn't leave a number divisible by 5 in Alear's case, so idk anymore.

This is not exclusively about this part, but you were on fire for this one ! Anyway Alear does have his Personal skill to consider. It might improve the effects of his supports by a percentage, or who knows what else.
... Or Pandoro's skill has 3 range (or more). In that case you have two enemies and a multiple of 5.
A bit disappointed that supports only work from 1 range though.

Also, I guess Warp Ragnarok is 10 range plus your movement, plus 5 if you're a flier? We've consistently seen it at 14, 15 and now 16.

I'll try seeing if I can find a bit more later.

9 hours ago, kienquocsi said:

It is Movement, though I'm not sure why it's set to 0 either. In the Nintendo topics article she also has 0 movement, maybe a map effect? Or frozen by the enemy? It's not during Warp Ragnarok though, she's using Echo here.

Considering the very low speed and the presence of a closeby enemy with an offensive staff... Imma bet the Freeze staff is back.

Edited by Cysx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really cool to see them dropping a lot more info than they did before about general gameplay things. Also that little cutscene was a nice treat. I wonder what we'll get tomorrow. I'm presuming Hortensia. Still find it weird that she didn't get dropped with Ivy tho considering Diamant and Alcryst were dropped together but whatever, no point in critiquing their consistency when it has been non-existent thus far. I'm hoping we can expect almost daily updates about emblems and little gameplay titbits for the foreseeable future (but maybe I'm just being wishful). Also, the possibility of Lumera being playable in the prologue is exciting, but she'll probably be a NPC.

As for Celica herself, I'm very surprised her type bonus is with fliers but she also seems to have one with mystical units since we have seen Citrinne have a type bonus with her. She will definitely be a main stay on Hortensia I feel like depending on how spamable Warp Ragnarök will be (will be very exciting for LTCs or even speedruns). I'm amsuming we'll also be fighting Corrupted often enough for Celica to have skills dedicated to fighting them. Otherwise, not much we didn't already know. Very interested to see what Miccy will provide seeing as Celica and her are really the only two magic oriented Emblems.

Nice to finally have glimpses of Roy and Leif. Seems Roy is gonna be a sword boy. Wouldn't be surprised if all he gave were the three sword Elibe regalia. Also Leif giving the different Crusader weapons is a nice nudge to his Master Knight promo in FE GotHW. I wonder if what he gives will be based on class like what Byleth seems to be. Makes sense he would give Helswath and Gungnir/Gae Bolg (probably Gungnir considering she's a Wyvern in fairness) to Rosado as a Wyvern Knight but not so much anyone else tbh. Interesting that this phenomenon seems to be a Leif and Byleth only thing (provided it is a Leif thing in the first place).

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

but isn't that considered Leif's signature weapon?

I wouldn't know. The only thing that I knew about FE was that Roy and Ike appeared in Smash.

Besides, Byleth hands out near!y all of the Hero's Relics; so it wouldn't be too far of an stretch to say that Corrin hands out the signature weapons of Xander or Ryoma

17 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

Besides, Byleth hands out near!y all of the Hero's Relics; so it wouldn't be too far of an stretch to say that Corrin hands out the signature weapons of Xander or Ryoma

That's a good point, actually. Then again, they're both swords that do similar things in FE14 if I recall, so for Corrin specifically I don't think that would be a good idea. I don't know if she can use bows in any of her canon classes, but maybe she could have Leo's tome?

20 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

I wouldn't know.

About Leif, actually: after doing some digging I learned that Leif has a stronger "basically canonically Prf" sword in the Bragi Sword, so he could bring that to the table even if Light Brand shows up with someone else.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

That's a good point, actually. Then again, they're both swords that do similar things in FE14 if I recall, so for Corrin specifically I don't think that would be a good idea. I don't know if she can use bows in any of her canon classes, but maybe she could have Leo's tome?

About Leif, actually: after doing some digging I learned that Leif has a stronger "basically canonically Prf" sword in the Bragi Sword, so he could bring that to the table even if Light Brand shows up with someone else.

Leif would have a ton of choices even as a swordlock, as Thracia has a lot of swords. Though many of them are Prf but it doesn't seem like that's a problem here

Same cannot be said of FE6, FE7, or FE8

Edited by Cysx

30 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Same cannot be said of FE6, FE7, or FE8

True enough. Lyn for instance seems to be built around archery with Mani Katti as a bonus. It's why I think Engage will take inspiration from FEH for other Emblems. Unfortunately Roy only uses swords for his "canon" variants (i.e. og!Roy, Brave and Legendary) but Eirika's used both lances and magic in her permanent pool alts, so I wouldn't be surprised if she used them in Engage as well. I guess that Anamnesis alt was a blessing in disguise.

Spoiler

She gets even more options if you include Ephraim and Garm in the mix.

I'm trying to think of any other Emblem we haven't seen yet who was given a bunch of alternate weapon types that they didn't have canonically in FEH but I can't think of any outside of Roy and Lucina's seasonal alts.

But hey, for all we know, both of them could end up sword locked as well, just using a bunch of diverse swords like Marth to make up for it. Sieglinde's monster effectiveness for instance could be a physical alternative to Celica's Seraphim.

Knowing what we know now after having seen more emblems in action:

It's safe to say Marth is gonna have his three swords and that's about it. Still think it would be really cool if he also gave Gradivus, Hautclere and Parthia out as well depending on weapon type but I'm doubtful we'll get more beyond his rapier, Mercuruius and Falchion, especially since he is supposed to be well rounder for everyone, it would make sense if he just provided the three weapons we know he has (well Falchion is still a presumption).

We know Celica offers Seraphim, Recover and Ragnarok, not much else to say.

Sigurd we also knows give Riderbane, his Brave Lance (an odd choice in retrospect since Sigurd never really had a brave weapon. Am also curious if this means brave weapons are out of Engage or if his is just stronger/will be named differently in English) and Tyrfing.

Lyn gives a Killer Bow, Mulagir and presumably the Mani Katti/Sol Katti. I can't see her giving much else.

Corrin seems to give katanas by the looks of it, which makes sense given that Yato is considered a katana. Can't think of what else she could give.

Byleth seems to be an oddball and gives a number of the Hero Relics depending on the unit. Alear got the SotC, Aymr and Vajra Musti, Alcryst got Failnaught and Seadall got what looked like the Rafail Gem. I'm presuming that this means that Byleth will give units a selection of Hero Relics based on unit type or what weapons they have available.

As for the other Emblems we have yet to see fully:

Leif will probably be like Byleth and give a selection of Crusader weapons as we saw with Rosado. I can't see him only giving Gungnir/Gae Bolg, Helswath and Lightbrand/the Braggi Sword, so him being like Byleth makes sense. Also I can see Leif being a support Emblem like Byleth so it would make sense the supportive types adapt to who their equipped to imo.

Roy will probably be swords only, Binding Blade, Eckesachs and Durandal makes sense to me,

Eirika could be a mix as well, but will probably be mainly swords. If the theory that she and Ephraim are two Emblems in one, then she'll be swords and he'll be lances.

Ike will definitely be axes and swords. Urvan and Ragnell will be definite on him. I can see them giving him another axe to even out the swordies like how they gave Siggy mainly lances.

Miccy will be like Celica I feel and will probably give two tomes and a staff. 

I could see Lucina having swords, lances and bows tbh.

5 hours ago, Cysx said:

This is kinda vexing, because I don't really know either and I consider myself a pretty big fan of both Roy and FE6(Lol at Vincent saying basically the exact same thing). The reddish blades are just weird and not something we see often. I even checked Al's awakened sword from the manga, but... doesn't seem to be it. They could have taken liberties when recreating certain minor GBA swords or something, not sure. It's also quite weird how... similar they look, to each other, and to the Binding Blade. Really curious what's going on here.

Minor swords makes for an interesting possibility. If I squint at the one on the left I can kind of see it as a Lancereaver. If those ended up being something like Lancereaver and Runesword on top of his Binding Blade that would provide a nice range of effects despite being swordlocked.

I wonder if Solm being a matriarcy will affect how the characters from there view men

Dig the castle. Someone compared it to Constantinople (what Istanbul was called in the past).

Timerra seems like a fun character, though I hope "being fun" isn`t all there is to her.

The more I see the Sentinel crit animation, there more I am reminded of Basara`s from Fates.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I'm surprised Timerra is the older one. She has ''cute little sister'' written all over her, and her bro seems quite a lot bigger.

Well, it's not unheard of, especially with sister-brother pairs.

18 hours ago, Metal Flash said:

Timerra seems like a fun character, though I hope "being fun" isn`t all there is to her.

I hope so too.

NGL, her little "I hope you're hungry for fun" line from the trailer kind of made me groan a little. Hoping for some depth beyond just being happy go lucky.

Not sure what their overall reception will be like, but both seem like pretty fun characters to me, Marni especially - bit of a shame neither seem like they'll probably be one of the playable villain types (at least from what I'm aware of), but you can't win them all without undermining the conflict.

That aside, I admittedly haven't been watching many clips, but these two videos alone kind of make me hope for dual audio now. I know Three Houses had it, but as far as I could find it hasn't been confirmed for Engage yet, so fingers crossed.

I get the feeling Marni will be quite popular, with her design combined with her personality. She could be fun. Have no strong feelings on the dragon lady right. I kinda hope she can be a villainous foil to Alear somehow, since they are both dragons.

Guradoron/Gradlon/Gradron sounds kinda like an FE version of Atlantis. Makes me wonder what they might be doing with this country.

Spoiler

I hope won`t be another Agartha situation, where they were the "original" people being forced out of their home by foreign invaders

1 hour ago, Digi said:

Not sure what their overall reception will be like, but both seem like pretty fun characters to me, Marni especially - bit of a shame neither seem like they'll probably be one of the playable villain types (at least from what I'm aware of), but you can't win them all without undermining the conflict.

That aside, I admittedly haven't been watching many clips, but these two videos alone kind of make me hope for dual audio now. I know Three Houses had it, but as far as I could find it hasn't been confirmed for Engage yet, so fingers crossed.

French trailer confirms dual audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJprq8mm9aQ&ab_channel=NintendoFrance

Pretty sure Zephia is going to be the first Grand Hero Battle in FEH when Engage gets its first banner in (probably) January.

Kronya took that spot for Three Houses. Most shown antagonist in prerelease trailers, obviously a villain and she has a striking design. And like Kronya, she's definitively not one of the "final villain" either, so she's perfect for a low spoilers GHB battle. And just like Kronya, I'm unfortunately expecting her to die horribly and not be a playable character in her own game... RIP. 

I'd much prefer having Zephia as a playable character in Engage (Aversa being basically the one single exception in the franchise where it happened, and it was on a post-release free DLC right before the final battle) but my hopes are exceedingly low on that regard. My hopes of her being playable in FEH very soon are much higher though, which I'd still gladly take.