Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of HP, a lot of Str, pretty good Bld... very low everything else it seems since all the rest gets lowered when class changing from Paladin to it.

Won't try guessing them specifically from this, though, too slippery.

1 minute ago, Cysx said:

A lot of HP, a lot of Str, pretty good Bld... very low everything else it seems since all the rest gets lowered when class changing from Paladin to it.

I figured at least good to high Spd too.

4 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Are you sure that this isn't just from him going from Lv. 7 to Lv 1 with Jeigan growth rates?

Edited by Armchair General

6 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

Are you sure that this isn't just from him going from Lv. 7 to Lv 1 with Jeigan growth rates?

I guess I'm not, but considering he does gain 5 Str and this seems more like Awakening reclassing(aka there's no loss of stat, you just go back to level 1)... Doesn't seem like it. Could be something else, though.

2 hours ago, Azz said:

Nothing has been revealed thus far however it seems they only go from C-A and not everyone has supports with everyone (bar Alear who probably supports everyone) as we have seen that Chloé does not support Diamant nor Alcryst. That's all we really know.

Okay! Thanks for answering me. 

Kinda relieved not everyone has supports with everyone cause I hope that means the writers will put a stronger focus on the supports each character has. 

Edited by Rose482

Kagetsu, a soldier at the capital of Elusia, is Ivy’s retainer. His personality is said to be bright and cheerful. Also, he gets along well with others and cares for his friends. Kagetsu has a distinct foreign accent, which could be because of his upbringing in a Deeprealm.

NO! No! No!! No no no!! NO! Absolutely NOT! NO!

Don't bring that bunch of complete nonsense back! Kagetsu looks like one of the better characters. Why completely poison him by chaining him to that Deeprealm gibberish. Don't double down on that gigantic mistake that did so much damage to the Fates second gens. To the point where they only had some dignity if you assumed their very inclusion in the story was non canon.

The reveal of Engage left me kinda cold but the updates did a good job of making me warm up to the game considerably. And then they suddenly reveal that they'll bring back one of the worst Fire Emblem concept ever introduced. Why even do that? I thought everyone agreed the Deeprealms were a complete laughing stock at best.

@Etrurian emperor I believe Satsuma said their reasoning for using deeprealm was because it was written the same way as it was in Fates but Vincent translated it as distant realm implying that he's foreign, which apparently influences his speech pattern. Basically, he's more like Petra than being from the deeprealms I believe

3 minutes ago, Azz said:

@Etrurian emperor I believe Satsuma said their reasoning for using deeprealm was because it was written the same way as it was in Fates but Vincent translated it as distant realm implying that he's foreign, which apparently influences his speech pattern. Basically, he's more like Petra than being from the deeprealms I believe

Kagetsu being from a foreign Asian inspired continent would be interesting. Him being from a hyperbolic time chamber pocket dimension would be distressing. 

11 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Don't bring that bunch of complete nonsense back! Kagetsu looks like one of the better characters. Why completely poison him by chaining him to that Deeprealm gibberish. Don't double down on that gigantic mistake that did so much damage to the Fates second gens. To the point where they only had some dignity if you assumed their very inclusion in the story was non canon.

The reveal of Engage left me kinda cold but the updates did a good job of making me warm up to the game considerably. And then they suddenly reveal that they'll bring back one of the worst Fire Emblem concept ever introduced. Why even do that? I thought everyone agreed the Deeprealms were a complete laughing stock at best.

Fret not.

The word used there, 秘境, can mean "uncharted/unknown/unexplored region/land". While it is what the Deeprealms were called in Japan, in this context it likely simply refers to that. That he's from an unknown land (from the perspective of the rest of the Engage characters), not necessarily from a different world altogether.

Ah, got already answered.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Axe can be and has been represented on armor classes, wyverns, and great knights. It has the full spectrum. What I'm saying is that no class that could be considered "core" (non-regional flavor dependent) gets cut as frequently as the soldier line.

The Solider class doesn't really pan out as a core class through a historical basis. It was an unpromoted knight in Gaiden, a way to account for dismounting in Mystery, an unused class that covers all weapon types in Genealogy, (continued in other Kaga games iirc) and an enemy only "Tier 0" that is specific to Thracia's themes and interquel status. Then you got the Elibe games which ported the Thracia solider in without any of the context in Binding which was made playable and given more of an identity in Tellius.

Afterwards it tended to default to the "Thracia version" since it had 4 games to it's name that only increased over time, but occasionally mixed in elements of a couple of the others. A similar look at history can apply to classes like fighters and the whole axe weapon type. 

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I won't be surprised if the Deeprealm thing is an actual thing, given how there's maps from "the past" are popping up on an irregular basis

I will admit, him being from an alternate Japan dimension would be funny. Doubly so if he's straight up from Hoshido. It's not like Elyos is above the multiverse, given the entire concept of the game. I've been scratching my head where in the world Kagetsu could come from, but him being a multidimensional ronin is actually kind of gold!
Plus we already have proof that the Outrealm is a thing, given that multiplayer for Engage calls itself Outrealm Trials. So perhaps this will be something that gets brought up at least once. Maybe not referencing the BABY DIMENSION (Corrin's the only Emblem that had the "luxury" of raising their kid for war. Lucina can't count cause even with a M!Robin pairing, Morgan is from a different timeline, and Roy's mother is implied to die in childbirth so no Lyn), but the multiverse is just going to have to come up sooner or later.

Just a random and stupid question, but do we actually know if the game is one straightforward path? I've been thinking about it for the past few days, and I kinda realized that I wouldn't be surprised if the game pulled something akin to Sacred Stones, where players can choose which nobles to ally with/recruit first, and the others would scale with the game, if that makes sense. It'd be something like Mass Effect 2, where you can recruit specific characters at specific points, but the order you do so is different. (And the dialogue can differ at times as well due to that.) Or like how you can tackle any of the three paths in more or less any order in Pokemon Scarlet/Violet.*

Again, I don't know if the game will go this direction or if it's been confirmed that it won't, it's just something I feel would be pretty easy to do given the nobles and kingdoms. 

*Yes, I know this isn't fully true. I fought the Fighting Team Star boss before the Fairy one...and before I got the Ghost and Ice badges...so I know you can do things out of order. I'm just using it as a partial example. 

Ok, explains why the emblem bonuses didn't show up as buffs; the process changes the weapon completely. And, it is just one weapon at a time. Not a bad idea on paper, though those are some strong bonuses. Avoid stacking is going to be insane in this game.

Think this also soft confirms that the Sigurd crest makes a weapon give 1 move(and a few other things). Though on paper I'm not sure how that will work.

Also the forging into higher tier weapons is back from echoes. Hope it's a little bit more balanced this time, I just replayed through it and that is one very busted game.

Lucina's engage skill sounds completely broken, unless I'm missing some caveat.

Edited by Cysx

5 minutes ago, Cysx said:

Think this also soft confirms that the Sigurd crest makes a weapon give 1 move(and a few other things). Though on paper I'm not sure how that will work.

I don't know about Sigurd crest making weapons give 1 more move. Weapon only have Might, Weight, Hit, Avoid, Crit, Crit Avoid, and looks like emblems can only influence those stats

And looks like Chain Attack damage is not influenced by participants' individual strength. I wonder what determines it.

4 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Just a random and stupid question, but do we actually know if the game is one straightforward path? I've been thinking about it for the past few days, and I kinda realized that I wouldn't be surprised if the game pulled something akin to Sacred Stones, where players can choose which nobles to ally with/recruit first, and the others would scale with the game, if that makes sense. It'd be something like Mass Effect 2, where you can recruit specific characters at specific points, but the order you do so is different. (And the dialogue can differ at times as well due to that.) Or like how you can tackle any of the three paths in more or less any order in Pokemon Scarlet/Violet.*

Again, I don't know if the game will go this direction or if it's been confirmed that it won't, it's just something I feel would be pretty easy to do given the nobles and kingdoms. 

*Yes, I know this isn't fully true. I fought the Fighting Team Star boss before the Fairy one...and before I got the Ghost and Ice badges...so I know you can do things out of order. I'm just using it as a partial example. 

We do. Not only because of leaks but the cutscenes already piece together a linear story. We have to meet Alfred at the temple and help him in a Firene scramble. Every single time Diamant + Brodia's shown its with Alfred and the Firene crew in our party. Including irreplaceable animated cutscenes. No real reason for Alear to choose either since Alfred's the first to come.

2 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

I don't know about Sigurd crest making weapons give 1 more move. Weapon only have Might, Weight, Hit, Avoid, Crit, Crit Avoid, and looks like emblems can only influence those stats

And looks like Chain Attack damage is not influenced by participants' individual strength. I wonder what determines it.

To be fair, there are examples of units with more move than they should with no explanation whatsoever, so if they cheated there, it's not impossible that both times we saw units with Sigurd!Elthunder with additionnal move, it was only a coincidence. And yet...

Kinda surprised we got Lucina, thought Ike was next based on the article released last time.

Can’t say too much cause I’m in work and I only watched the trailer once, but Lucina seems quite broken if only for her ability to negate damage to adjacent allies when engaged, especially if you’re qi adept (guess she’ll be going on Seadall). Her engage attack looks cool but will most definitely cause lag I feel like lol, especially if you have the max 12 partaking 

27 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

Looking  at this video, the Lyn one and the chain attack tweet, it seems like chain attacks really don't do much damage. In both the videos it only does 5 damage, while in the tweet it's a measly 2- and that's coming from Boucheron, of all people. Combined with the fact that none of the rings thus far get more effective with backup units, I feel like this could be a tough game for infantry. 

2 hours ago, Seazas said:

We do. Not only because of leaks but the cutscenes already piece together a linear story. We have to meet Alfred at the temple and help him in a Firene scramble. Every single time Diamant + Brodia's shown its with Alfred and the Firene crew in our party. Including irreplaceable animated cutscenes. No real reason for Alear to choose either since Alfred's the first to come.

Sorry, I should have clarified. I know Alfred is coming first, but do we know about after Alfred? My guess was the game may be paced like: 

Intro Chapter(s)

Meet and Join Alfred

We choose which other nobles to pick up after that (with their respective battles/cutscenes)

11 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Don't know if anyone caught it but on Framme's promotion video there is a Sword/Axe Hero and Sword/Lance Hero.

This is all I need to know (I think?). Now I can make Goldmary a proper Hero with Sword/Axe, just need to get Axe aptitude/proficiency/whatever on her somehow, if understood the system correctly. After that I'll probably ignore the class system, except for maybe Jade and Louis if I end up leveling them.

Seems like Bond support convos are just one-liners, which isn't surprising if the Emblems really have them with every single unit. I think a separate transition to a cutscene instead of the characters just saying those lines on the support screen feels a bit unnecessary, though.