Japanese Fire Emblem Twitter posts

Crubat

11 minutes ago, DivineDragon_Goddess said:

So will Alear only be able to use Swords and Body Arts in their promotion?
I was kind of hoping for a dragon transformation considering Corrin being a dragon barely had any plot relevancy to it and I thought Alear would be the rectifier to CorrinĀ 

In some preview videos we have seen Alear equipped with what seems to be an empty Emblem which has led to some theorising that Alear may gain access to a special emblem that allows them to transform. Of course this is all theory, but Alear being able to transform is not completely out of the equation

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering Sombron can transform both into a dragon and a human , and that he is the counterpart to Alear... It would be odd if there was no transformation of any kind. Especially since the game features no transforming playable characters to start with , when most games gave you at least a manakete.

I'm convinced the hidden emblem is Lumera's , she IS an ancient hero after all. The queen defeated Sombron 1000 years ago , so it would feel natural for her soul to enter a ring after her death to help Alear put an end to what she couldn't.

3 hours ago, Azz said:

I knew I wasn't imagining it when I saw that Citrinne had a type bonus with Celica. I wonder what this implies about other potential type bonuses with Emblems that haven't been shown thus far

For what it's worth, the Corrin and Byleth trailers made a point of having distinct type bonuses with each unit type, without listing the bonuses of any other types;Ā so I'd imagine this applies to any case where certain Emblems' Engage Skills/Attacks have bonuses for more than one unit type.

Ā 

After all we still don't know what the Mystical type bonus for Lodestar Rush is...

5lJ4oaU.png

...or when doing frame by frame stat comparisons in Ike's trailer, why Louis (who was anĀ Armored type) gets an extra +5 Def during the Supreme Aether state compared with TimerraĀ (who was a Backup type).

Ā 

~~~

Ā 

I wonder if they'll commit to keeping the mystery of the (empty) Emblem that, or go all out in a final trailer. The current evidence definitely makes me suspicious for the missing Emblem being a transformation catalyst regardless.

1 hour ago, DivineDragon_Goddess said:

So will Alear only be able to use Swords and Body Arts in their promotion?
I was kind of hoping for a dragon transformation considering Corrin being a dragon barely had any plot relevancy to it and I thought Alear would be the rectifier to CorrinĀ 

We don't really know yet, but there has been multiple instances of Alear with a blank emblem gauge, hypothesized to be their dragon transformation gauge

No update again, Iā€™m kinda presuming this week is a write off then and weā€™ll get updates again come next week

2 minutes ago, Crubat said:

this marketing is legitimately one of the worst I've ever seen

I said that but yā€™all didnā€™t believe me.

I figured we would have gotten the first emblem trailer firstĀ but I guess not.

6 minutes ago, Crubat said:

huh?

As in the 'My First Fire Emblem' trailer that NoJ / NoHK have already posted.

Disappointing but really not unexpected from the NoA side, but I think there's enough dedicated personnel transalting / publicising the stuff from FE JP Twitter that any NoA stuff is a bonus (like the Mystical Type Bonus for Warp Ragnarok).

Disregarding the irregularity of the actual posting of content, the inconsistency of the post's content is actual comical on NoA's side like for all the other emblems we got screenshots of them being 'summoned' for a lack of a better word

Spoiler

Like this

Or we got in-game screenshots of them in action, but now they are just posting those same profile cards the official FE JPN account has been giving us (which also came alongside other content mind you). I've never actually seen marketing this poor I think, it's quite funny. It feels like they see all the Japanese stuff getting fan-translated and are just like 'we're good I guess'. Considering how well Three Houses sold and how FE has grown as a franchise, you'd think they would push the game more so that more than just the fanbase would be interested and some more casual players would decide to pick it up.

Edited by Azz

22 minutes ago, Crubat said:

this marketing is legitimately one of the worst I've ever seen

It's actually humorous how utterly pathetic it is. They didn't even bother doing something small like clipping Corrin's bit from the old trailer. Just a picture and a line of text.

Then again, this isn't anything new. Remember the time Japan got a massive, over six minute trailer covering the entirety of the hub, while the west got a horrible trailer that only had "there's day 1 DLC, go pay 30 bucks" to say?

The juxtaposition is even funnier than last time, honestly. Not because NA updates less, I think it's pretty close on that front, it's the tsunami that JP twitter hit us with that stands out. Still, to think I was optimistic at one point, geez...

At least this leaves plenty of room for a direct. Maybe.

51 minutes ago, Cysx said:

At least this leaves plenty of room for a direct. Maybe.

My thing is that they'd have to do a direct in japanese too if we get one, but they've already revealed a bunch of stuff at that side. I guess they could do a recap with everything but I don't see that happening considering the "my first fire emblem" trailer was basically that, I think I'd be satisfied with an official translation by NoA for that trailer though I wish they'd done more. It doesn't help that there's this impression of engage being "console feh" (which annoys the fuck out of me)Ā purely cause NoA has done so poorly in terms of marketing the game right.

1 minute ago, Crubat said:

My thing is that they'd have to do a direct in japanese too if we get one, but they've already revealed a bunch of stuff at that side. I guess they could do a recap with everything but I don't see that happening considering the "my first fire emblem" trailer was basically that, I think I'd be satisfied with an official translation by NoA for that trailer though I wish they'd done more. It doesn't help that there's this impression of engage being "console feh" (which annoys the fuck out of me)Ā purely cause NoA has done so poorly in terms of marketing the game right.

The console 'feh' thing and also I have a lot of people criticising the game for relying on old characters as a crutch to push the game, which is certainly the impression you'd get if you were to only be exposed to NoA's shitty promotion. It's just baffling to see how much NoA has completely dropped the ball with the game literally being 17 days from release now

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Then again, this isn't anything new. Remember the time Japan got a massive, over six minute trailer covering the entirety of the hub, while the west got a horrible trailer that only had "there's day 1 DLC, go pay 30 bucks" to say?

We did get that trailer in English though, it came out a few daysĀ after the Japanese version and both were after theĀ DLC trailerĀ 

Ā 

The twitter coverage NoA did for FE Engage has been strange , to say the least. I would have expected them to either do their own thing or simply translate the FE JP tweets , but instead it's a still picture with a line of text and random engage skills tidbits. I know that they're banking on these legacy characters bringing people in , but I saw people who still thought that the emblems wereĀ playable units.Ā They need to explain what they do in those tweets , even if they don't translate the full JP overviews.

Tbh , the only thing I'm expecting to be of any value from NoA's side is a launch trailer on youtube. By that the game will be out and most of it would be repeated info for us , but at least it would help the more casual audience get a better understanding on what this game is lol

42 minutes ago, Solaris998 said:

We did get that trailer in English though, it came out a few daysĀ after the Japanese version and both were after theĀ DLC trailerĀ 

Yeah but why didn't it get released at the same time? It could've helped with the people that legitimately thought the gacha was gonna ruin the game (among all the other things people try to bring up to hate on the game)

49 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So far the marketing towards the west seems really weird. They just do most updates in English and rely on fans to translate them for the west. They're kinda running out of time to properly market the game before release.

I can't emphasize this enough : They did basically the same thing for 3H. It was agonizing back then.

... although they are very much running out of time here. I think they started diving in a bit under a month before release last time.

3 hours ago, Crubat said:

Yeah but why didn't it get released at the same time? It could've helped with the people that legitimately thought the gacha was gonna ruin the game (among all the other things people try to bring up to hate on the game)

Oh don't get me wrong I'm not saying it shouldn't have been released at the same time or that the marketing hasn't been weird I'm just saying that specific premise is Wrong

8 hours ago, Cysx said:

I can't emphasize this enough : They did basically the same thing for 3H. It was agonizing back then.

... although they are very much running out of time here. I think they started diving in a bit under a month before release last time.

Didn't 3H marketing at least TRY to match the Japanese stuff to some degree? Engage's marketing is on a whole nother level of bad. At least NOA seemingly tried to show plenty of the main roster with 3 Houses.Ā All NOA has done is firmly push Emblem Rings and that's it. The wider audience is beginning to think this game has no identity due to themĀ only showing fucking Emblem Rings + Anna snippet. It's aggravating.Ā 

Just now, Seazas said:

Didn't 3H marketing at least TRY to match the Japanese stuff to some degree?

Not really, if I'm remembering correctly.Ā 

The Japanese stuff focused a lot of the characters, with the Japanese Nintendo Twitter account going over a character each Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I think.Ā 

NoA focused on gameplay and mechanics, if/when they did focus on anything.Ā 

I can't really remember if NoA was more active for 3H than they are for Engage, but IĀ doĀ know their focuses were very different.Ā 

Yeah IIRC, NoA did focus a lot on gameplay stuff for TH. They also did have the three intro trailers for each house which were released one at a time during the three weeks prior to the game dropping (which I think were also followed with short twitter intros as well). I think what also helped TH feel more advertised was the fact that it was announced in a direct, had a second trailer in a direct, had the massive timeskip reveal trailer at E3 and Treehouse also played some of TH at E3 as well so overall, TH felt a lot more pushed than Engage has been thus far.

10 hours ago, Seazas said:

Didn't 3H marketing at least TRY to match the Japanese stuff to some degree? Engage's marketing is on a whole nother level of bad. At least NOA seemingly tried to show plenty of the main roster with 3 Houses.Ā All NOA has done is firmly push Emblem Rings and that's it. The wider audience is beginning to think this game has no identity due to themĀ only showing fucking Emblem Rings + Anna snippet. It's aggravating.Ā 

Honestly it's been a minute, but I don't remember them doing much of anything at all. Judging from this thread, we didn't know what most characters sounded like in english 14 days before release:

... and to the contrary of Engage, 3H had a 2 years long pre-release period.

Edited by Cysx