New Preview Videos Dropping

Azz

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God, the fuck the Alear in the GameInformer video is wearing throughout the Somniel? It's like he a pope, he's just missing the hat.

Also it seems like you can't have costumes show up in battle or supports. Guess we gotta wait for an update, just like 3H did.

About Rosado : It's possible that their supports might hint at a desire to change their identity , they did say that the supports really delve much deeper into those characters in general. 

What's interesting is that Paralogue units outside of Anna are unrevealed considering Jean was kept hidden. Iirc the character count before his inclusion was 31 , and it can't go over 40. So we probably have like 3-4 hidden characters , maybe a bit more if the Four Hounds ends up being playable in some manner (The sprite sticker sheet and the game's story being simpler overall could justify their inclusion imo , even if Marin and Griss could end up being a bit too chaotic to control lol)

So as revealed at the end of this N1-UP preview, we're getting a new vocal song which reminds me so much of the power rangers theme song it's actually comical

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Azz said:

So as revealed at the end of this N1-UP preview, we're getting a new vocal song which reminds me so much of the power rangers theme song it's actually comical

Hide contents

Hope I can have this song in Japanese if I select Japanese voices.

Looks like Engage meter fills after a battle, even on enemy phase too

And the hard mode enemy's stats really reassure me of the game's difficulty. I was scared that Emblems will trivialize the game completely.

The setting which shows atk and def stats over the unit could be neat

Edited by kienquocsi

Can't say much about this video since it is in Italian, however we see our first look of Sombron in battle in what seems to be the Premonition fight

Spoiler

Music-wise, it is confirmed that dynamic music returns, and that both Player Phase and Enemy Phase have their own tracks. It also brings back Three Houses'-styled boss track overrides, how starting a boss fight changes all music for the rest of the encounter.

I f*cking knew that optional outfits were only wearable in your home base and not in battles. That sucks, I wanted all my units to wear college jackets to battle in this "medieval" fantasy war game. Bummer.

Welp, guess my units have to fight in clown outfits.

2 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

This video has the conversation with Velye at the end

...Man I wonder how do all these people get to play the games early

Reputed/respected gaming news outlets and reviewers get sent the game early by Nintendo themselves in order to preview and review the games for marketing purposes before release

3 minutes ago, Solaris998 said:

Reputed/respected gaming news outlets and reviewers get sent the game early by Nintendo themselves in order to preview and review the games for marketing purposes before release

This is certainly true, but I've seen a lot of smaller news channels get early access which I always find weird (they also tend to have better less edited footage which is nice tho lol)

We also have a video from Digital Foundry regarding performance and the like 

interesting to note in this video at 5:16 it looks like the sword we've been calling Alear's personal weapon, Liberation, originally belonged to Lumera as she's seen wielding it here

2 hours ago, Loliko said:

Why hello there little guy ! Thank you for confirming that we have a few more playable characters. I think ???

Capture d'écran_20230105_165830.png

Jean kind of looks like he's from a Steam Punk type era World instead of a Fantasy Settings.

Also, I did saw the video that DigitallyDownloaded had uploaded, that cutscene of Alear fighting the Corruption in the Palace from the trailer.

Spoiler

It looks like it is taking place in the Present Time settings with the other characters in there and Marth mentioned this is their final battle. I'm guessing this might take place somewhere near the End of the Game or it could pull the twist that they're close to victory and somehow surprises the army that it's not their final battle that they are expecting.

I am beyond disappointed in the confirmation that outfits are only for Somniel. Like, why? It actually makes no sense. It really seemed like the removal of 2D portraits was done to accomodate character customization. They charge gold for outfits, too. If I can only see those outfits for like, one minute every game hour, I'm not gonna bother! That's a bummer. Maaaan Vandad dons a monocle in his cool black jacket too! Why why why not let me take that into battle...

Everything else looks amazing, though, so I'm honestly willing to take this as an affordable loss. I am also SUPER happy that more characters are confirmed. I was certain the only characters left would be plot-critical characters and that's why they weren't revealing them (the leaked character only seemed to serve as evidence of this), but Jean looks like a complete nobody, and that's a great thing. They let Jean's existence slip a couple times before, which is likely why they're fine with him being shown, but still. If he exists, what's keeping more randos from existing? Perhaps the 40 character roster dream is not dead after all.

Also, the Queen of Firene looks oddly like Jade, doesn't she? Could just be the same face syndrome, but the hair color and hairdo are identical too. I wonder if that's intentional.

Oh and Madlear struck a weak spot in me, I am now a "routes bad" detractor, I want a Madlear route

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 hours ago, Azz said:

Can't say much about this video since it is in Italian, however we see our first look of Sombron in battle in what seems to be the Premonition fight

Hide contents

i'm italian, so if you give me a bit of time and tell me what you specifically want to know, i can translate

Edited by Yexin

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I'm just noticing it for the first time. The four "main" royal siblings are all shown using Lyn, Ike, Lucina, and Roy as their Emblems...the four CYL 1 winners in Fire Emblem Heroes. And given Engage's similar premise to Heroes with the whole "summon heroes from other worlds" thing, I find that very interesting.

Anyway, as for the new vocal song we're getting...bleh. It's definitely worse than what we got for Fates, Echoes, and Three Houses, by a large degree.

Okay, I managed to watch the first GameXplain video, it looks like Rosado is definitely a guy we thought of and I also first heard Clanne talking that his voice sounded very familiar.

9 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Now that I saw some other footage of the twins, could Clanne be voiced by Justin Brinner? Deku's voice actor from My Hero?

I'm guessing that too. He does sound closely to Deku.

Also, does anyone think the landscape of each nations of Elyos in the map looked like Alola from Pokémon Sun and Moon?

Edited by King Marth 64

6 minutes ago, kienquocsi said:

image.png

Well hello there Queen of Solm

Oh damn she looks cool

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I'm just noticing it for the first time. The four "main" royal siblings are all shown using Lyn, Ike, Lucina, and Roy as their Emblems...the four CYL 1 winners in Fire Emblem Heroes. And given Engage's similar premise to Heroes with the whole "summon heroes from other worlds" thing, I find that very interesting.

Anyway, as for the new vocal song we're getting...bleh. It's definitely worse than what we got for Fates, Echoes, and Three Houses, by a large degree.

Now that you mention it... that is certainly a coincidence (probably most definitely not lol)

15 minutes ago, Yexin said:

i'm italian, so if you give me a bit of time and tell me what you specifically want to know, i can translate

I don't think there is anything in particular that I can't pick up from what we already know from other previews but thank you for the offer, I really appreciate it!