Event Calendar (Jan 2023 - Feb 2023)

Diovani Bressan

Remind me who will be returning in the Hall of Forms? I don't remember seeing who won the poll, or anyone discussing the results.

February should be the month of the Feh Anniversary, so there's a lot that hasn't been mentioned yet... exciting.

9 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Remind me who will be returning in the Hall of Forms? I don't remember seeing who won the poll, or anyone discussing the results.

February should be the month of the Feh Anniversary, so there's a lot that hasn't been mentioned yet... exciting.

HoF 14 with Laegjarn, Bride Fjorm, Ylgr and Bunny Veronica.

From memory this was the HoF where we first got F2P Formas.

So, four and a half days at most until we see what the hell the first Engage banner looks like. And Leif+Altina's remix is Saturday. I think I remember wanting someone on that banner, but I forget who, and with the Engage Cup and New Heroes banners coming up, I'll probably need to save my orbs.

Odd that the desert revivals are pushed back all the way to February. Desert Xane is currently my only missing 4* seasonal, I'm looking forward to picking him up.

Yeah, I'm very curious about what they'll do with the special unit types on any Engage banners, since a large part of the appeal of New Heroes banners is the Ascended and Rearmed Heroes on them (and occasionally a Mythic). Last month they dropped the Ascended Hero in favour of Seidr, which was a net negative for me. Will the Engage banner take it a step further and just have four regular heroes like the Fallen and CYL banners? Or perhaps they'll slot in an OC Rearmed hero like they did Ganglot to at least provide some sort of power bait in the banner.

I'm not actually sure what I want to have happen. Since I'm in a position to spark up to two banners over the course of the next four weeks: the Desert banner, the Valentine's Banner, the AHR banner (presumably), the Mythic banner, and the Anniversary Hero Fest banner, it might be in my interest to have an easily skippable New Heroes banner. But I really don't like the idea of them slowing down the release of Rearmed weapons since fixing up old units is one of my biggest areas of interest in the game currently. (Ascended Heroes are just a nice secondary target, but I'm sitting on seven Floretes at the moment so eh)

Okay, so the dates I have to look forward to are Jan 17th (more story), Jan 27 (to see the new mythic hero), Feb 3rd (I always love the Heroes Journey events), and, most importantly, Feb 7th for the new special heroes! I especially love the Valentine's Day focus on families, so this is going to be good. ^_^ I just have to remember that the kids day special heroes are in March, so I don't go overboard if I get my priority heroes in the Day of Devotion banner...

Everytime we get close to February's Special Heroes, I think: "Okay, who is the next dead dad we will make the banner about?"

• 2018: Hector
  • 2019: Greil
  • 2020: Rudolf
  • 2021: Gustav
  • 2022: Chrom (he is dead in Lucina's world)

Maybe it's Sigurd's time? It could be Jeralt or even Lambert (I would actually like this last one). A Duo Lambert & Dimitri would actually be great.

11 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Everytime we get close to February's Special Heroes, I think: "Okay, who is the next dead dad we will make the banner about?"

Maybe it's Sigurd's time? It could be Jeralt or even Lambert (I would actually like this last one). A Duo Lambert & Dimitri would actually be great.

Hmm. Thinking about it, Quan could be another option.

I'm 99.99% sure that the next New Heroes banner will be an Engage one...but now watch as that .01% kicks in and it's actually not Engage and they save it for February, hahaha.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Valentine's banner, I usually like that one. I'm curious which game they'll go for this year. If they go Genealogy, I wonder if they'll pull an Elibe and combine it with Thracia 776.

9 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I hope so! I keep wanting a Day of Devotion where Sigurd and Arvis awkwardly try to get along for Diedre's sake as her husbands. Also, Seliph and his younger half-siblings, with Seliph and Julia being all bright and sunny and trying to ignore the chaotic stormcloud surrounding their brother.

15 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I hope so! I keep wanting a Day of Devotion where Sigurd and Arvis awkwardly try to get along for Diedre's sake as her husbands. Also, Seliph and his younger half-siblings, with Seliph and Julia being all bright and sunny and trying to ignore the chaotic stormcloud surrounding their brother.

That would be hilarious. Which combination of (i assume) Sigurd, Deirdre and Arvis would be the Duo hero (or let's go big, a trio for maximum awkwardness)?

Edited by Kori

8 hours ago, Kori said:

That would be hilarious. Which combination of (i assume) Sigurd, Deirdre and Arvis would be the Duo hero (or let's go big, a trio for maximum awkwardness)?

Well, if we have a banner of 4 summonable units, and we have a TT+ unit, that means 5 units including 6 characters. So, one duo should be plenty.

So, we could have Valentine's Arvis+Sigurd (Sigurd being the backpack since he was the lead for Dancing Sigurd+Diedre), Valentine's Seliph, Valentine's Julia, and Valentine's Julius on the banner, and Valentine's Diedre as the freebie. Since all the others would be working together to get gifts for her (in the story in my head), it makes sense to have her be the one to take a step back. (Like IS would do that, though, having only 1 female on the banner and not even as the star.)

On 1/13/2023 at 3:45 AM, Mercakete said:

Well, if we have a banner of 4 summonable units, and we have a TT+ unit, that means 5 units including 6 characters. So, one duo should be plenty.

So, we could have Valentine's Arvis+Sigurd (Sigurd being the backpack since he was the lead for Dancing Sigurd+Diedre), Valentine's Seliph, Valentine's Julia, and Valentine's Julius on the banner, and Valentine's Diedre as the freebie. Since all the others would be working together to get gifts for her (in the story in my head), it makes sense to have her be the one to take a step back. (Like IS would do that, though, having only 1 female on the banner and not even as the star.)

You're probably right that they wouldn't do it (not without switching Deirdre and Julius's places, or replacing Julius by Ishtar and pretending that as his girlfriend she fits on the banner), but they should, even with FEH's terribly limited writing we'd be bound to get some interesting (in any of the "funny", "touching", or "tragically ironic" senses) interactions from this set-up. 😄

16 hours ago, Kori said:

You're probably right that they wouldn't do it (not without switching Deirdre and Julius's places, or replacing Julius by Ishtar and pretending that as his girlfriend she fits on the banner), but they should, even with FEH's terribly limited writing we'd be bound to get some interesting (in any of the "funny", "touching", or "tragically ironic" senses) interactions from this set-up. 😄

Thanks! It would be one of the dream banners - that's for sure!

15 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I would like a FE4 Young Heroes... like Julius before Loptous maybe?

13 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

If FE4 gets a baby banner then it would probably be about Sigurd, Eldigan and Quan, sadly enough. Personally I'd want a baby banner with the other three amigos. Azelle, Tailtiu and Lex with Arvis as their babysitter. 

I wouldn't mind any of these! If they're written well, of course. But yeah, I'd love to see pre-Loptuos Julius! Hmm actually... Alm and Julius have some interesting parallels, come to think of it. Them as a (I always forget what this is called, but it's the duo heroes who come from different games) unit would be really neat. Basically, the one major difference in their backstories was that their respective cults got a hold of Julius, but didn't get a hold of Alm. That would make for some interesting musing between the two of them, I think...

No trailer tonight, so we should be getting it in 23 hours. Between Engage and all the questions about Ascended and Rearmed banner slots, I'm very curious to see what happens.

If we get Engage, I feel like the banner will have no Ascended or Rearmed Hero. The only exception would be if that hero was an OC from Heroes, like Rearmed Thrasir for example... But I am not expecting that. For Engage's first banner, I am expecting a 4 Normal Heroes banner.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Might it have a Mythic instead? I have no idea about the characters so I don't know if there'd be any Sothis-like candidates.

EDIT: Speaking of not knowing the characters, my sister and I just had a look at the list of playable characters, and we both agreed that Kagetsu was best girl. Oops.

Edited by Humanoid

2 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If we get Engage, I feel like the banner will have no Ascended or Rearmed Hero. The only exception would be if that hero was an OC from Heroes, like Rearmed Thrasir for example... But I am not expecting that. For Engage's first banner, I am expecting a 4 Normal Heroes banner.

Given that Engage includes lords from past games, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them gets an Ascended version. That would also fit a pattern of alternating between Ascended and Rearmed, if they want that to become the standard.

9 hours ago, Othin said:

Given that Engage includes lords from past games, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them gets an Ascended version. That would also fit a pattern of alternating between Ascended and Rearmed, if they want that to become the standard.

Now you made me scared or a possible Rearmed Marth being announced in less than 4 hours and I am not ready for that. lol

56 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Now you made me scared or a possible Rearmed Marth being announced in less than 4 hours and I am not ready for that. lol

Honestly, we should probably be more scared of the Emblems taking up at least half of the next Fallen banner (in their corrupted, red forms).

Bonus points if they use Celica, Ike and/or F!Corrin again for no (good) reason.

12 hours ago, Humanoid said:

EDIT: Speaking of not knowing the characters, my sister and I just had a look at the list of playable characters, and we both agreed that Kagetsu was best girl. Oops.

Did you guys mistake Rosado for a girl (because he isn’t one) too? I wouldn’t blame you for doing so.

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Honestly, we should probably be more scared of the Emblems taking up at least half of the next Fallen banner (in their corrupted, red forms).

Bonus points if they use Celica, Ike and/or F!Corrin again for no (good) reason.

Did you guys mistake Rosado for a girl (because he isn’t one) too? I wouldn’t blame you for doing so.

Oh, didn't even know that until you pointed out, I didn't actually open his character page. We did think that Merrin was a guy though.

As for a Rearmed lord, I suppose it's possible. Hopefully they pick a non-sword if that's the case though, which obviously is slim pickings. I suppose there was some recent chat about Lance Sigurd so maybe he would fit the bill? Though if news of a FE4 remake are true, perhaps he should be passed over. Someone with a bow or non-red tome then.

(I'd be very disappointed if they went to alternating Ascendants and Rearmed heroes though, it took both of them being on the same banner for me to value New Heroes banners as the most valuable thing to spend my orbs on. Looking at the New Heroes which only have Ascended units and I'd struggle to justify sparking more than a couple of them)

EDIT: Oh, uh, I obviously typed the above up before realising that the banner trailer was already up.

Edited by Humanoid