New Heroes: New Heroes & Ascended Elincia

Fire Emblem Fan

Again, the top three (four, if you include Lucia) most wanted Tellius characters all being red can only be described as WTF-ery. Even if Heroes decided to, for whatever reason, break away from themes and just give us the most wanted PoR/RD characters in a single banner you'd have to basically go with an all-red banner.

Unfortunately for me, unless IS decides to say Tormod counts for a Dawn Brigade banner because he was in part 1 he's probably looking at another two years if Edward and the DB get priority due to Edward being ranked higher up. And that's assuming that he doesn't get stuck with some seasonal this year or next year, which will drop him like a rock.

I'm still salty about Saleh

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, he is but it appears he did not get a Prf weapon (his weapon looks to be Defier's Axe+, aka same inheritable type that Cervantes got).

Ludveck's Meet the Hero page: https://guide.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/09002009000921-2/

I was slightly hoping they'd go creative with it and make Ludveck an Armoured Knife unit, since he has a throwing weapon.

23 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Honestly with how allergic IS is to adding armored GHBs (Ludveck is only the fourth one), I'm kinda surprised they picked Ludveck over Valtome. I guess they're saving this book's gimmick tome GHB slot to Griss or something.

I really hope they give Griss his Brave Tome Nova. We need another Brave Tome after, like, six years of just Reinhardt. But they won't give that on a Grand Hero Battle. It's not impossible we actually get a Four Hounds banner down the road though. On the other hand, Engage is completely devoid of minor boss characters, so if they're not using the hounds for Grand Hero Battles, they don't really have anyone else.

15 hours ago, Yexin said:

it genuinely surprises me to see Makalov and Almedha not being at the very bottom of this list

if only it didn't take another 1+ year to see them in FEH

I wonder how they'll handle Almedha. Canonically she can't turn into a dragon, but they're so few dragons in the series (and despite being a drgaon focused game, Engage actually didn't help with that, surprisingly) they might not be able to resist making her a dragon. Maybe we could see a younger version of her on a banner with a young Ashnard, as some kind of subversion of the child banners. Or they'll just have her fight with a dagger or a tome or something.

Edited by Jotari

10 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Kinda feel bad for Fire Emblem Fan. This banner was THE moment to add Brom. The early part of the rebellion is where he shines the most. 

I appreciate that, haha. This really would have been a fantastic spot to add Brom, for sure, more so than Bastian. If you're gonna use Bastian on a Radiant Dawn banner, he'd be better going along with a certain other character I won't name for spoiler reasons. But, what are ya gonna do? I just gotta keep hoping for the future! Plus, Brom can still go very well with other characters, like Meg and Heather. Or, if he's on a Path of Radiance banner, he can go with his jailbreak buddy Kieran and use a lance rather than an axe. There's still spots to use him!

3 hours ago, Othin said:

235. Caineghis

Caineghis is already in Heroes.

So "support effects" on Lucia's Queensblade is pretty much the Ally Support buffs granted by fighting adjacent or within 2 spaces of the support partner... So if Lucia has S Support with an ally and is adjacent to that ally during combat, she will not get the Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2 during combat.

I have no idea why I didn't consider this before... or I decided to check the japanese description.

12 hours ago, Jotari said:

I was slightly hoping they'd go creative with it and make Ludveck an Axe Knife unit, since he has a throwing weapon.

I really hope they give Griss his Brave Tome Nova. We need another Brave Tome after, like, six years of just Reinhardt. But they won't give that on a Grand Hero Battle. It's not impossible we actually get a Four Hounds banner down the road though. On the other hand, Engage is completely devoid of minor boss characters, so if they're not using the hounds for Grand Hero Battles, they don't really have anyone else.

I wonder how they'll handle Almedha. Canonically she can't turn into a dragon, but they're so few dragons in the series (and despite being a drgaon focused game, Engage actually didn't help with that, surprisingly) they might not be able to resist making her a dragon. Maybe we could see a younger version of her on a banner with a young Ashnard, as some kind of subversion of the child banners. Or they'll just have her fight with a dagger or a tome or something.

Well, at the beginning of the game there are actually like 3 named bosses that appear before the Four Hounds are properly introduced which are definitely minor bosses (the armored girl from Chapter 3, Waluigi and Mitan), and we, of course have Morion and Hyacinth, but I guess they classify as non-so-minor bosses.

2 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Well, at the beginning of the game there are actually like 3 named bosses that appear before the Four Hounds are properly introduced which are definitely minor bosses (the armored girl from Chapter 3, Waluigi and Mitan), and we, of course have Morion and Hyacinth, but I guess they classify as non-so-minor bosses.

Aside from Luigi, those Elyusian generals have less character combined than O'Neil. Who is O'Neil? EXACTLY.

Morion I'm fully expecting to be in the Fallen Heroes line up for May. I even plan on making a thread about it closer to the date. It just feels like they have to put an Engage character in there and Engage gives a lot of potential Fallen Heroes, but most of them are kinda spoilery. Morion as a relatively early game plot point seems like he would be perfectly timed for this year's release. And he makes sense as a fallen unit a lot more than a GHB...course the same is true for Bertram and they even artistically designed him to look like a Fallen unit and then threw him on a random Tellius banner. So who knows what they'd do.

Tl;dr there aren't many great ghb characters in Engage so I fully expect the hounds to be tossed there even though I really want Griss to have a brave tome which he mkst certainly won't get as a ghb.

You're right that will surely see Hyacinth in that role though (maybe even twice!).

On 2/16/2023 at 5:36 PM, Fabulously Olivier said:

It only makes sense for Bastian, Lucia, and Geoffery to be the picks here. These are Elincia's inner circle.

Seems to me that an ideal banner for brom would be:

Ascended Nephenee

Brom

Meg

Kieran

GHB - Zihark

Yo! Kieran has got to be in Fire Emblem Heroes in the future! I mean, if Oscar is in it, why can't Kieran?

This Elincia might be the high speed staff unit I've been looking for that comes with Guard. Been meaning to replace Silque on my Røkkr Siege team but I'm saving for AHR so I might pull for her eventually since my Tellius roster can use a boost anyway.

They really should've never done only 1 Tellius game per year...seriously.  It's absurd that Boyd isn't in the game yet.  Staff Elincia is something that should've happened by Year 3 at the latest.  But boy am I happy to see Bastian here...didn't think he'd get in at this rate.  Hoping Kieran shows up in a year or whenever they decide to sit on their ass for another Tellius summon.

16 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Okay, I gotta say...Lucia's Forging Bonds conversations are some of my least favorites in a LONG time.

Agreed. I don't know why they introduced that group, it's just obnoxious every time.

How wow, Ludveck give free Vengeful Fighter.. That's not personally useful to me as I have plenty of Vengeful Fighter fodder saved up, but I hope it does mean they're making a shift towards former premium skills becoming more widely avilable.

40 minutes ago, Othin said:

Agreed. I don't know why they introduced that group, it's just obnoxious every time.

Yeah, the "Heavy Plate Corps" or whatever they call themselves is quite possibly one of my least favorite things Heroes has done. It's not good. I dislike it every single time it comes up in FB.

3 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Yeah, the "Heavy Plate Corps" or whatever they call themselves is quite possibly one of my least favorite things Heroes has done. It's not good. I dislike it every single time it comes up in FB.

Ilyana in particular was never a great character ... but Heroes somehow made her really, really bad. Whatever depth she may have had in her own games is now gone, it's like 100% about food now whereas maybe she was only 95% before (not that it's much of an improvement).

Is there some sort of weird fetish about girls who eat an abnormally large amount of food that Heroes is pandering to here?

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Ilyana in particular was never a great character ... but Heroes somehow made her really, really bad. Whatever depth she may have had in her own games is now gone, it's like 100% about food now whereas maybe she was only 95% before (not that it's much of an improvement).

Is there some sort of weird fetish about girls who eat an abnormally large amount of food that Heroes is pandering to here?

There definitely is such a fetish, so I guess that's the best guess yet.

On 2/16/2023 at 2:40 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Defier's Axe is "守備逆用の斧" (shubi gyakuyō no ono), "Def Exploit Axe".

Nerthuz's epithet, "God of the Land", is "地の女神" (chi no megami), "Earth Goddess".

Horn of the Land is "地の女神の角" (chi no megami no tsuno), "Horns of the Earth Goddess".

Translation notes for Ludveck's weapon and Nerthuz's epithet and weapon. A bit late because I was busy with other things.

On 3/20/2022 at 10:01 PM, Ice Dragon said:

Mathematically, my 10:1 odds means the following: Out of the 7 remaining characters from the banner and Feh Channel plus Finn (Elincia, Tsubasa, Ninian, Deirdre, Sothe, Nanna, Itsuki, and Finn), no more than 1 of them will end up as an Ascended Hero.

Well Elincia has turned up as an ascended, so you're still on track for no more than 1. But with Celica as a precedent I wouldn't discount future possibilities of Ascended Ninian or Nanna in the future (Tsubasa and Itsuki I don't think will ever get any more alts at this point, given they haven't even shown up as seasonals yet).

6 hours ago, Jotari said:

But with Celica as a precedent I wouldn't discount future possibilities of Ascended Ninian or Nanna in the future

A release of Ascended Ninian or Ascended Nanna (or Ascended Deirdre) wouldn't change anything in regards to the prediction, though. (And Ascended Elincia technically doesn't, either.)

The prediction was made when the assumption was that characters that received Ascended versions would not receive Legendary versions in the future and vice versa. We now know that to not be true.

Since the prediction quoted is the explanation of what "10:1 odds of my Legendary Hero predictions being correct" meant with what we assumed at the time, it should now be revised with what we now know. Since we now know that being released as an Ascended Hero is not mutually exclusive with being released as a Legendary Hero, "10:1 odds of my Legendary Hero predictions being correct" now means "of the 8 mentioned characters, no more than 1 of them will end up exclusively as an Ascended Hero".

Hence, getting an Ascended version of Ninian, Nanna, or Deirdre now that they already have Legendary versions wouldn't change anything.

Ascended Elincia's release also technically doesn't change anything, though it does make it extremely unlikely that she'll get a Legendary version in the future, so I'm fine counting her as "will not get a Legendary version" even though she isn't actually disqualified.

Edited by Ice Dragon

36 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

A release of Ascended Ninian or Ascended Nanna (or Ascended Deirdre) wouldn't change anything in regards to the prediction, though. (And Ascended Elincia technically doesn't, either.)

The prediction was made when the assumption was that characters that received Ascended versions would not receive Legendary versions in the future and vice versa. We now know that to not be true.

Since the prediction quoted is the explanation of what "10:1 odds of my Legendary Hero predictions being correct" meant with what we assumed at the time, it should now be revised with what we now know. Since we now know that being released as an Ascended Hero is not mutually exclusive with being released as a Legendary Hero, "10:1 odds of my Legendary Hero predictions being correct" now means "of the 8 mentioned characters, no more than 1 of them will end up exclusively as an Ascended Hero".

Hence, getting an Ascended version of Ninian, Nanna, or Deirdre now that they already have Legendary versions wouldn't change anything.

Ascended Elincia's release also technically doesn't change anything, though it does make it extremely unlikely that she'll get a Legendary version in the future, so I'm fine counting her as "will not get a Legendary version" even though she isn't actually disqualified.

Well Tellius is certainly in no short supply for potential legendary units with all of its Laguz Royals and nation wielders. Hence, as I said back in the days of that Mareeta thread, the one from your list that I feel most likely to go Ascended over legendary would be Sothe. Especially if they choose to (finally) go for a Dawn Brigade banner for their next Tellius one. Though with Engage now in the rotation we probably won't see that until Autumn next year.

Finn I'm also not as confident will go Legendary as you are. Though he's in the running as Thracia doesn't have a tonne more potential for Legendaries (heh, maybe we'll see Legendary Mareeta next!).

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Well Tellius is certainly in no short supply for potential legendary units with all of its Laguz Royals and nation wielders. Hence, as I said back in the days of that Mareeta thread, the one from your list that I feel most likely to go Ascended over legendary would be Sothe. Especially if they choose to (finally) go for a Dawn Brigade banner for their next Tellius one. Though with Engage now in the rotation we probably won't see that until Autumn next year.

Finn I'm also not as confident will go Legendary as you are. Though he's in the running as Thracia doesn't have a tonne more potential for Legendaries (heh, maybe we'll see Legendary Mareeta next!).

I'm way more confident in Sothe than I am in Finn. Finn has always been the character I was least confident of in my list since he was in neither the Feh Channel nor the banner (due to being a Grail unit).

Tellius isn't getting another normal banner for a very long time because they just got this banner, so we aren't getting another Ascended Hero from Tellius until then, which leaves them plenty of time to add Sothe even with new characters coming into the candidate pool from Engage and the current Heroes Book. Sothe also comes with a weapon type that is pretty rare among Legendary and Mythic Hero candidates, seeing as Shez is the only dagger Legendary Hero and there are no dagger Mythic Heroes.

Finn is currently the next-most-important character from Thracia, and if we get another Legendary Hero from Jugdral, he's a pretty likely pick (watch it be Oifey instead). Plus, Finn canonically having a Brave weapon and Miracle makes it pretty easy to design a strong build for a Legendary version. It's still a tossup for whether he'll be a Legendary or Ascended Hero, but Thracia has more options for Ascended Heroes than Legendary Heroes at this point so it makes sense to make the most-Legendary option be a Legendary Hero.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm way more confident in Sothe than I am in Finn. Finn has always been the character I was least confident of in my list since he was in neither the Feh Channel nor the banner (due to being a Grail unit).

Tellius isn't getting another normal banner for a very long time because they just got this banner, so we aren't getting another Ascended Hero from Tellius until then, which leaves them plenty of time to add Sothe even with new characters coming into the candidate pool from Engage and the current Heroes Book. Sothe also comes with a weapon type that is pretty rare among Legendary and Mythic Hero candidates, seeing as Shez is the only dagger Legendary Hero and there are no dagger Mythic Heroes.

Finn is currently the next-most-important character from Thracia, and if we get another Legendary Hero from Jugdral, he's a pretty likely pick (watch it be Oifey instead). Plus, Finn canonically having a Brave weapon and Miracle makes it pretty easy to design a strong build for a Legendary version. It's still a tossup for whether he'll be a Legendary or Ascended Hero, but Thracia has more options for Ascended Heroes than Legendary Heroes at this point so it makes sense to make the most-Legendary option be a Legendary Hero.

Yeah, Sothe certainly has weapon in his advantage, but I also thoigh Elincia had that going for her as a staff flier. I get why they made staff Elincia an ascended though, becauae they could construct a banner around her. And maybe that's a better way to look at it since the waters between which can be which have been mudddied so much. 

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's an assumption many people made, but I questioned this logic during that same discussion:

On 2/18/2023 at 9:24 PM, WaterKirby1964 said:

Yo! Kieran has got to be in Fire Emblem Heroes in the future! I mean, if Oscar is in it, why can't Kieran?

My thoughts exactly. Oscar has been in Heroes for several years now, and his counterpart (who also happens to be one of my favorite Tellius characters) is not. This probably would’ve been a fitting banner to add Kieran in, although I otherwise like the choices on this banner.