I think it's past due for an FE6 appreciation thread

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Jeorge would be particular bad for Spanish because of the whole J=H thing. It would sound like Huorge.

Exactly. Every time I see him my mind instinctively thinks of the sound of pushing phlegm to your mouth in order to spit. It's just awful. Much prefer multiple Georges over that.

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Question is, how does that hold up to stuff like the French or Greek Fire Emblem communities?

Hah! Fair point.

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No clunkiness though. A few typos and a funny rare glitch aside, the translation was super good, way higher effort than I would've expected anyone to dedicate to FE1. That was probably the funniest part, really. He even translated the manual! He took blurry ass pictures of his translated patch to imitate the original, similarly blurry pictures!

Ah. Thanks for correcting me - it seems like the IN AMERICA patch remains unchallenged as the memiest translation patch.

For a long time I've been known here as a hater of Binding Blade. I don't like the game as much as everyone here but I do have some good things to say about it.

Music is amazing. I think some of the songs are the best and are more dark toned than that of Blazing Blade.

Its the first game that's developed without the series creator Shouzuo Kaga. That is a positive because it means that IS can develop the games without its creator.

Ambush spawns and green unit AI in one chapter are the only two things I don't like about Binding Blade. Ambush spawns are a bit of a controversial topic; I don't think that they're good personally, but they're not a problem after the first playthrough either if you take care to memorize them.

The thing that really makes Binding Blade stand out in my opinion is the map design. Some people might complain that the maps are too big or that we have to ferry Roy to the throne constantly, but these are things that I find make the game more appealing. I have a soft spot for GBA emblem mechanics since I started with Blazing Bade, and in my opinion FE6 is the game that poses interesting problems for the player to solve most often out of the GBA games. Roy needs help, we often need to have other units off to get an item or recruitable unit, enemies are pretty strong, etc. The secret shop near the end of the game also adds to the game's complexity making every monetary decision matter. I'm sure others have mentioned some other things I like about the game, so I'll keep it at that.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

My favorite things about FE6 are as follows:

1. I really like the Secret Shop in Chapter 21 that sells Boots and all other stat-boosters. It really rewards you for managing your finances well and gives you an incentive to save money. I think that Gold management is something that FE6 in general does very well and the Boots shop is a great example of that. 

2. I like the fact that Javelins and Hand Axes are worse that in the other 2 GBA games. This way, the meta doesn't turn into Javelin/Hand Axe fest like in FE7 and 8. It takes more thought to clear out enemy formations in FE6 than in those two games(this is also in part due to higher enemy quality), and I like that.

3. I like the game's relatively high enemy quality; it really helps sell the villains as a serious threat. 

10 minutes ago, Cdijk16 said:

My favorite things about FE6 are as follows:

1. I really like the Secret Shop in Chapter 21 that sells Boots and all other stat-boosters. It really rewards you for managing your finances well and gives you an incentive to save money. I think that Gold management is something that FE6 in general does very well and the Boots shop is a great example of that.

I'm not sure it really does. I feel like it does the opposite, and just encourages you to hoard all your gold for the (already pretty easy) end game...still though, it is fun to get ridiculous move values with Boots, so I can't hate it entirely.