New Heroes: Ascended Ced & Rearmed Plumeria

Fire Emblem Fan

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I... don't get it?

Looking at it again, "nectar" is probably a more appropriate translation over "honey", being the fluid found in flowers to attract insects to assist in pollination.

It's used as a euphemism for female genitalia.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's a relief.

At this point, I believe we've reached 17/25 of the playable non-substitute Gen 2 units, only missing Lana, Oifey, Lester, Diarmuid, Iuchar, Iucharba, Coirpre, and Hannibal. Of these, I think Lana, Oifey, and Diarmuid are the strongest candidates for the next banner. I wouldn't be surprised if we start getting substitutes before Iuchar and Iucharba, if the game lasts that long.

7 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Looking at it again, "nectar" is probably a more appropriate translation over "honey", being the fluid found in flowers to attract insects to assist in pollination.

It's used as a euphemism for female genitalia.

Ah... yeah, I don't blame Nintendo US for changing that.

By the way, Arcane Euphoria is better for slower units, right? Would it be good for someone like Khadein Soren or would he rather wait for the speedy Arcane Blue Tome?

42 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Ah... yeah, I don't blame Nintendo US for changing that.

By the way, Arcane Euphoria is better for slower units, right? Would it be good for someone like Khadein Soren or would he rather wait for the speedy Arcane Blue Tome?

It's pretty good for fast or slow units. Offensive NFU would be better vs things that have followup denial AND defensive nfu(such as hardy fighter, arcane downfall with nfu etc) where a gfu is better vs things faster than you without defensive nfu or followup denial(think a lot of offensive units with only offensive nfu on their prfs).

That said, Khadein Soren is likely to be one of the best Euphoria users, especially since he has the statspread to use Plumeria's Ploy skill, and Plumeria's own skills map better to res focused mages rather than speed focused ones, even if the weapon itself works for both.

2 hours ago, Ether said:

gfu

What does this mean?

2 hours ago, Ether said:

That said, Khadein Soren is likely to be one of the best Euphoria users, especially since he has the statspread to use Plumeria's Ploy skill, and Plumeria's own skills map better to res focused mages rather than speed focused ones

That's what I thought too. It's pretty cool and if Def/Res Ploy really can be inherited off of regular Def or Res Ploy 3, that makes her incredibly inheritance friendly for any mage (and great for any dancer thanks to WoM4). Now if only she was an infantry unit to give Flare to...

P.S. I'm tempted to turn Soren into an Arena core unit if this weapon works well with him, since he earns the same score as my +10 Brave Eirika without D Duel Cav 4 and is easier to merge. Crazy, huh? Of course we have a new Blue GHB unit complete with Prf coming tomorrow too...

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

What does this mean?

That's what I thought too. It's pretty cool and if Def/Res Ploy really can be inherited off of regular Def or Res Ploy 3, that makes her incredibly inheritance friendly for any mage (and great for any dancer thanks to WoM4). Now if only she was an infantry unit to give Flare to...

P.S. I'm tempted to turn Soren into an Arena core unit if this weapon works well with him, since he earns the same score as my +10 Brave Eirika without D Duel Cav 4 and is easier to merge. Crazy, huh? Of course we have a new Blue GHB unit complete with Prf coming tomorrow too...

GFU stands for guaranteed follow-up. And the arena stuff makes sense, I don't really bother with arena scoring and just coast around t18-20 but I know that bst plays a big role, and as a newer unit in a heftier move type I'm not surprised Soren would get higher base stats.

Only noticed the colour sharing just now. >.> Don't know how it affects my plans, but then there's no point deciding now as I've only got around 50 orbs. If it were any earlier in the game's lifecycle I'd have considered replacing Legendary Azura long-term in my flier team but I just don't have any blue mages I care about to justify trying to pull multiple copies of Plummo.

Have not posted in a while since I got other stuff going on, but I still watch New Heroes videos and follow the meta a bit. Anyways, the Rearmed Hero is Plumeria: Rapturous Dream! She looks very pretty! Have not tried ecstasy yet, but I have tried dream nectar. Haha.

Arcane Euphoria got Slaying, guaranteed follow-up, true damage, and damage reduction. To me, it feels like it is made for a Far Saver.

Cloying Dream is pretty busted and packed. The Assistee gets visible buffs, Charge, and Penalty Doubler. Closest foe gets visible debuffs.

Tier 4 Ploys are now super Ploys affecting three rows and columns centered on unit! Arvis and Saias got something fun to pair with their exclusive Weapons! Although they probably want to wait for a Spd/Def Ploy 3.

11 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Desert Soren would be too slow to reliably use a Null Follow-Up Arcane weapon regardless. I consider the Null Follow-Up Arcane weapons to really only be viable on units with base Spd stats in the 40's, and preferably in the mid 40's (neutral level 40, max Dragonflowers, no merges).

As far as actual fast units go (like Desert Byleth and Summer Tharja), a guaranteed follow-up is similar enough to offensive Null Follow-Up that it doesn't matter that much which one the weapon has. The other effects on the weapon are more important to consider.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Desert Soren would be too slow to reliably use a Null Follow-Up Arcane weapon regardless. I consider the Null Follow-Up Arcane weapons to really only be viable on units with base Spd stats in the 40's, and preferably in the mid 40's (neutral level 40, max Dragonflowers, no merges).

Oh, so Arcane Euphoria is the better choice for him over a speed oriented tome? Thanks for the information!
Also, Def/Res Ploy 3 CAN be inherited straight from either Res or Def Ploy 3 on their own, this isn't a Fort Def/ Res situation. Finally!

By the way, does K!Soren use her C Skill well too, if you inherit it alongside Still Water? Combine that with Mag NFU and Flare and he'd be a good unit, right? I wish I'd gotten a third copy of Brave Soren then, but at the same time that banner took so many Orbs from me as is...

I'm not surprised or disappointed we got a Genealogy banner over a Thracia banner, but Ascended Ced really, really should have been on a Thracia banner. That's where he actually has Forseti at base and not only from potential gameplay pairing. We also already have a Genealogy Ced so Thracia Ced being the Ascended is like a glove and a hand. Genealogy also has no end to units that could take up the Ascended mantle, while Thracia is a bit more limited and contrived in that regard given its cast is less made up of kings and great heroes and more a rag tag bunch of army remnants and shady folk.

Finally we got Ichval on one of its actual units though. Delighted Febail is here. To not give too much positivity though, I have to express my disappointment that they didn't make use of Staff Pegasus for Fee. I know she was destined to be the designated throw away unit, but we could have a throw away staff flier. That's at least an interesting throw away unit. Ah well, at least she's not another lance flier.

Who is the Grand Hero Battle?

Edited by Jotari

55 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

By the way, does K!Soren use her C Skill well too, if you inherit it alongside Still Water? Combine that with Mag NFU and Flare and he'd be a good unit, right? I wish I'd gotten a third copy of Brave Soren then, but at the same time that banner took so many Orbs from me as is...

Yes, Def/Res Ploy 3 is good.

If you're going for that build, Sabotage A/R 3 is better than Mag. Null Follow due to the massive in-combat stat debuffs that Sabotage A/R 3 inflicts.

Check out my reply to Zeo in the Q&A thread. There's a Still Water build there for Ilyana that works the same on Soren since their stat spreads are similar (with Soren being more min-maxed).

42 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Who is the Grand Hero Battle?

Arione.

On 9/14/2023 at 12:48 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Miasma Dagger is "毒煙の暗器" (dokuen no anki), "Poison Smoke Dagger". As usual, the name of the dagger weapon type, "暗器" (anki), literally translates as "hidden weapon".

Added Patty's weapon to the translation notes.

It has the same effect as Deen's Bone Carver.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

His art and his sprite show him with Gungnir.

He also doesn't have a Silver Lance in his source game, unlike Trabant, who does.

Alas, to Travant fans' eternal disappointment.

51 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Oddly

Spoiler

We also don't have a base Ichii-bal yet. Ulir's version is also prefixed.

At least for Ichii-bal, there's the excuse that we might eventually get Briggid with an unprefixed version. Gungnir makes less sense to make this one prefixed since the only character that uses it in Gen 1 is Trabant, and Gen 1 Trabant is very unlikely to be released in this game.

That said, we also still don't have an unprefixed Tomahawk in this game for some reason, as both Dorcas's and Murdock's are prefixed, and Murdock was logically the most likely character to have an unprefixed version. Legendary and Mythic Heroes often get prefixed weapons even if it's the first time the weapon was introduced to the game, but neither Dorcas nor Murdock is that special of a unit.

There is no rhyme or reason to the naming of these weapons.

It bothers me in the OCD sense that Seliph and Julia just have regular ol' Tyrfing and Naga, while Eldigan and Quan and Lewyn are the ones with unprefixed Mystletainn, Gae Bolg, and Forseti. Also to throw into the mess is base Ishtar with regular Mjolnir (which I guess is more understandable because I doubt Bloom or Raptor are getting in anytime soon). I know it's because they probably didn't have any consistency standards for Holy Weapon naming early on and stuff, but it still drives me nuts.

On 9/14/2023 at 12:48 AM, Ice Dragon said:

Heired Gungnir is "継承グングニル" (keishō gunguniru), "Inheritance Gungnir".

Added Areone's weapon to the translation notes.

It's pretty nuts. It grants +6 Atk/Def and Charge to himself and fliers within 2 spaces at the start of the turn, which gives him the same mobility support utility as Legendary Hinoka. In combat, it grants a pretty standard +5 to all stats, additional damage equal to 15% of his Def, and a guaranteed follow-up.

Areone's stats are also solid, at 41/45/36/46+/21-, which is a huge amount of Atk and Def and a decent enough Spd stat to actually use his default Wyvern Flight if you're too lazy to replace it with something better.

EDIT: I forgot to mention it also has Iote's Shield built in.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Well, uh ... I just finished watching all the Forging Bonds supports and I really don't like Patty.

I thought that after Larcei called her out on the whole Shannan thing it would lead to some self awareness. But nope, writers went the double down route and it is super obnoxious.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, uh ... I just finished watching all the Forging Bonds supports and I really don't like Patty.

I thought that after Larcei called her out on the whole Shannan thing it would lead to some self awareness. But nope, writers went the double down route and it is super obnoxious.

And it's not really what she's like in Genealogy. It's not entirely baseless, she does say she admires Shannan and is pretty star struck to meet him and, yes, even calls him her boy friend when talking to Seliph, but it's not framed like she had a delusional infatuation. When Seliph expresses doubt that she is Shannan's boyfriend she admits she was bullshiting right away and the rest of her conversation with Seliph is nothing to do with Shannon and is more about the morality of stealing from bad people. And her initial encounter with Shannan is actually quite confrontational where he demands Balmung back and she doesn't want to hand it over (her end game lover conversation with him also doesn't exactly go smoothly either). Overall Party's defining characteristic is being a righteous thief, not a Shannan groupie. Like, this is a girl who looks after orphans even though she's a child herself. Instead they gave the orphan stuff to Febail even though he doesn't even like kids.

Edited by Jotari

22 minutes ago, Jotari said:

And it's not really what she's like in Genealogy. It's not entirely baseless, she does say she admires Shannan and is pretty star struck to meet him and, yes, even calls him her boy friend when talking to Seliph, but it's not framed like she had a delusional infatuation. When Seliph expresses doubt that she is Shannan's boyfriend she admits she was bullshiting right away and the rest of her conversation with Seliph is nothing to do with Shannon and is more about the morality of stealing from bad people. And her initial encounter with Shannan is actually quite confrontational where he demands Balmung back and she doesn't want to hand it over (her end game lover conversation with him also doesn't exactly go smoothly either). Overall Party's defining characteristic is being a righteous thief, not a Shannan groupie. Like, this is a girl who looks after orphans even though she's a child herself. Instead they gave the orphan stuff to Febail even though he doesn't even like kids.

Throw her onto the pile of characters that Heroes has royally fucked up writing then