Fire Emblem - Fūin no Tsurugi (Remake)

Superluigi

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The western isles were becoming a bit of a bore to hack, so yeah I jumped ahead to chapter 19A, since that chapter rocks. Oh and BTW this time around in chapter 19A you'll need to protect Lilina for a super spoiler reason....

So now back to chapter 10B, and enter Scollan...

fesos-scrns_10b_teaser_3.png

You played along with it. My good sir, you are awesome.

And don't you mean Migal?

I've seriously gotta catch up XD My videos are all the way back at chapter 5.

Also, did you fix that glitch in the videos where chapter 3 wouldn't load? Does it now?

This is an exceptional project, SuperLuigi! Sword of Seals is the best GBA Fire Emblem, and it's great to see it updated. ^_^

I just have a couple questions. Will you be working on a Hard Mode like the original FE6? Also, is there a possibility of a 'vanilla' remake, with all the characters' original classes and stats intact? Regardless, keep up the good work and good luck. ^_^

What would be the point of a 'vanilla' remake? You could just go play the original and have almost the same experience.

Edited by Optimus OVERTROLL

It shouldn't be too much work for him to make an addendum patch to raw character stats, unless he's going through manually. The stat data is most likely set in a large range--he could compare his edits with the original and make a patch. If he's just editing currently-existing--

oh wait, asking for original stats means essentially the same amount of work that goes into making the new ones, since this isn't an edit of the original, but a remake on a different game. At least for reverting your own characters' stats and classes, you could always edit your ROM personally after patching, or use some codebreaker codes to get the same affect. Enemy stats would be a bit of mundane labor hours though.

Great job on the work.

I'm sorry to bother but I can't seem to patch the file. I tried with tsukuyomi and with the NUPS and it's still not working.

Edited by UberLughFTW

Use FE7 (U) #1235 ROM that is unhacked/clean/untouched and use NUPS, not Tsukiyomi, Tsukiyomi is obsolete.

Lol. I've been using the FE6 one all this time. It works now.

EDIT

I can't seem to seize the gate in the Prolouge. I tried it with unit and the seize command won't show up when they are at the Gates. The chapter goals says "seize the gate of the ger." I'm not sure what to do.

Edited by UberLughFTW

Sorry about the slow stream of updates recently, life can be busy chapter 10B is basically finished and then I can finally continue work on chapter 19A the rest of the Western Isles Arc.

fesos-scrns_10b_teaser_4.png

Chapter 10B has some very complex conversation events, so I've got some great condition and event manipulation experience behind my belt now.

Chapter 10B should be finished by Monday.

@UberLughFTW: Do you have the most recent patch, because in the most recent patch you should get thrown into the very early stages of 'To Free the World' if you use Lyn's mode, not the glitchy chapter 1?

Edited by Superluigi

You have to use a save file that beat lyn mode if I remember correctly...

Yeah

But I haven't really started in any mode yet. This is my first time playing the patch.

@UberLughFTW: Do you have the most recent patch, because in the most recent patch you should get thrown into the very early stages of 'To Free the World' if you use Lyn's mode, not the glitchy chapter 1?

I believe I do. I checked the posts you made about the patch and I found that the last patch you made on the 6th of October and I saw that your OP was edited on the same date, so I just assumed that they were the same patch. And yes, it did lead me to that chapter. It's the one with Brunya, Pereth, and a generic Sowrdmaster along with Mage and Nomadic Trooper NPCs, right? I'm not sure someone has mentioned this but in the opening scene, there's a NPC King next to Brunya but Roy is the one that does the talking and his lines are the same. Also, is Rath suppose to appear in that chapter? I saw one of the screenshots and the map design looks very similar. If he is suppose to be there, he never appeared.

Edited by UberLughFTW

Just been catching up on this thread and I'm liking what I'm seeing, with one exception.

You should reaaaallly change Wendy back to a Knight, her entire character is how devoted and proud she is that she's the first and currently only female armour knight and how she wanted to be strong like Bors.

It just makes no sense for her to be a cavalier, at all.

You should reaaaallly change Wendy back to a Knight, her entire character is how devoted and proud she is that she's the first and currently only female armour knight and how she wanted to be strong like Bors.

It just makes no sense for her to be a cavalier, at all.

FE3 - Sheema

FE8 - Amelia

FE10 - Meg

FE12- Sheema

I think he meant only female Armor knight in FE6's setting, which would be Elibe.

I guess. Still he wasn't specific

Which is actually pretty great for character potential. Probably better than whatever the social knight switch could bring up.

True. The only issue with her was in Hard more she required much spoiling in order to get stronger. Would be better if she came in an extra 3-5 lvs higher.

Edited by JosefLior

...then I can finally continue work on chapter 19A the rest of the Western Isles Arc.

Gwahahahahahahahahahaha

I still commend you for that. Your awesomeness is equal to that of the Optimus OVERTROLL himself.