Fire Emblem - Fūin no Tsurugi (Remake)

Superluigi

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

"I apologize, Roy. I seem to be such a burden on you..."

I personally don't see how it doesn't fit. I'll be sure to take all of your suggestions into consideration, though I can't say that I haven't thought about how to allow Roy to promote earlier.

Yes add some more text. I felt FE6 felt too similar to the old FEs' dry story: Battle, sieze, small talk, repeat. I don't think giving Roy a promotion at the end Chapter 16 or 16x is a bad idea. Ike didn't promote when he got Ragnell, the majority were fine with the promotion time. And getting the Sword of Seals before facing Zephiel will be great anyway. Kinda like the whole, "Ike faces the Black Knight with Ragnell." Or my favorite CELICE vs Alvis! So back to FE6, growths are way to high for the Jeigans, I'm looking at you Zealot. And until the game is finished, supports don't need to be added just yet. Demo's should only give us a feel of the game before it is fully finished. Can't wait to play the full version :awesome:

The big problem is this:

As far as I know, we haven't figured out how to force promotions in FE7 yet. As a direct result of that, the only way would be to give him a Heaven Seal (or something of the sort) to make it a pseudo-forced promotion. The problem with that, however, is that it makes more sense to have Roy get one with the Sword of Seals, much like the way Eliwood/Hector got one when they got Durandal/Armads (story-wise, obviously the game didn't wait until the final).

Of course, you could always make a point of "oh Eliwood gives him one when he's promoted to general" or something, but honestly, if we ARE going with some Heaven Seal concept, then why would Eliwood have one lying around?

inb4itturnsoutweCANforcepromotions

The big problem is this:

As far as I know, we haven't figured out how to force promotions in FE7 yet. As a direct result of that, the only way would be to give him a Heaven Seal (or something of the sort) to make it a pseudo-forced promotion. The problem with that, however, is that it makes more sense to have Roy get one with the Sword of Seals, much like the way Eliwood/Hector got one when they got Durandal/Armads (story-wise, obviously the game didn't wait until the final).

Of course, you could always make a point of "oh Eliwood gives him one when he's promoted to general" or something, but honestly, if we ARE going with some Heaven Seal concept, then why would Eliwood have one lying around?

King Mordred could say "this is a seal of commanders given only to few brave warriores such as yourself, lead us to victory Roy." *recieved Heavan Seal* Or Guinevere's Fire Emblem could mysteriously react and promote Roy. :huh:

There is an ASM code that allows the Main Character to force promote, Cam.

Nintenlord made a Macro for it, last I remember.

...well fuck.

THERE GOES MY ARGUMENT OUT THE FUCKING WINDOW

lol. Since Roy's story begins in Eliwood mode and he IS on the Eliwood slot... that ASM event code will force "Eliwood" aka Roy to promote.

I wonder if I can modify that to force promotion to other people

lol. Since Roy's story begins in Eliwood mode and he IS on the Eliwood slot... that ASM event code will force "Eliwood" aka Roy to promote.

I wonder if I can modify that to force promotion to other people

One you do I can finally make a proper Lara Pahn recruitment event.

Isn't 21xp normally how much a staff gives in FE7? I realize it wasn't in FE6, but was this something Luigi added or that was already their that he left? Weapon stats should follow the FE7 style because it was way more balanced there.

Seriously the first person here to suggest that Axes get their accuracy bumped back down to FE6 stats is getting shot

Isn't 21xp normally how much a staff gives in FE7? I realize it wasn't in FE6, but was this something Luigi added or that was already their that he left? Weapon stats should follow the FE7 style because it was way more balanced there.

Nope. It's normally 11 xp.

Nope. It's normally 11 xp.

Right thanks for that, I really didn't want to get out a copy of FE7 and check myself. Then yeah it should go back to 11xp. You're STILL likely to have a good level so long as you heal obsessivly.

Edited by Onmi

See I'm an obsessive compulsive healer, I with no lie will rarely find a use for a Vulnerary or indeed ANY healing item of any sorts once I've gotten a healer, I love feeding them EXP for the most minor of things. So for me my healers are never NOT the first ones to hit 20

Yes, I also use my healers to heal scratches; I use Heal instead of Mend in order to get 2 heals on a wounded unit, etc. But when you're at 133 total turns after going through chapter 16, like I am, there's no way for a player like me to have a high leveled staff user. I have Clarine use a staff on approximately 60% of all turns that she's deployed, and she's not even at a promotion level nearly 2/3 of the way through the game.

Like I said: it really depends on the speed of the player.

Edited by dondon151

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to experience the poorly written stupidly hard demo shown in FEE3, then tuff luck...

But you can have this slightly easier version instead, aren't I just so kind...

Patch Download

You don't need the .sav file to play this demo.

Anyway, time for progress.

I have prepared a new map for chapter 3

[spoiler=Chapter 3 Map]chapter_3.png

A for design,

B- for difficulty curve. Size-wise, this map seems more of a Chapter 8, 9, or 10 than a Chapter 3.

I will say though that your design looks good. Damn good. There are so many opportunities the Thracia 776 staff would have to fuck their players over with. Like a Cleric with a Physic staff in the secluded top-right corner of the screen in the treasure room guarded by a level 5 General. Shading looks good, although this is coming from a mapn00b, so I'm sure everyone else here will prove to be more astute than I.

Don't let my critiques discourage you though, your map work is impressive. Are you going to make updates more regular now?

Anyway, time for progress.

There's no villages. How do we recruit Lugh?

As always, Superluigi makes an excellent map.

But this height disagreement keeps bothering me:

411c51bfcc971c6723d4309c1ea9bfb8.png

This hack looks really good though and I enjoyed the FEE3 segment on it. Good luck, SL.

Apart from that ^, I got this to point out:

82a354c69bf8abc7e964b6e31fd13f9b.png

You put shades there next to the stairs. That's incorrect since that side of the stairs doesn't extend higher than the floor does, so it wouldn't cast a shade on it.

And, this is probably your personal style, but you always stop shading the left sides of the floors at the top tile before the wall ends.

b30e526419f8d80d7fae1079bef2bbfc.png

Now, as I said, this may be your personal style (and I don't agree with it, but that's my problem), but if it is, you'll have to be consistent, since you don't implement this style on all walls (not even on this map). So either stick with the "normal" shading style, or have your shading across all your maps.

Edited by Feawr The Kitty

Great work man! I recently finished FE6 and am looking forward to this remake and the BS chapters. I'm new to the forum, but I've been following this topic for a while now. Now if I'm mistaken, isn't Bern's nation's color purple or is it just a sign of high rank? Because I'm suggesting that the enemy unit's in battle animation contain purple(or whatever that nation's color is) instead of red. Though, I don't know if that is possible. Same thing with Etruria, Bandits, etc.

• 2 weeks later...