Secret Santa?

Popo

Hmmm. . .

Let's say you give me, uh, Marth x Caeda. I tend to write silliness, so I write something about how Caeda's pegasus ate Marth's cape for lunch, and this is not what the receiver had in mind. To avoid hurt feelings, a little something indicating what kind of story they're looking for would help.

It looks like most people attempted to specify what they want, and if they didn't, that's on them. Again though, you guys might just have to roll with the punches a little. At this rate, I'm not going to have everyone rewrite their lists. >o<

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another update, everyone!

First, just so we're clear, when you get your assignment, you only pick one prompt, not all three!

Second, please reply to the PM you sent me, stating whether you are a writer, spriter, or artist. :3 (Provided that you haven't already done so.)

Edited by Popo

• 2 weeks later...

Do we PM it to our Santa on the 24th/25th~? Or....?

Good question! Post it here (in additional to any posts you might make in your own thread), and send a link to the person you drew/wrote for. :3

Uh, okay. I'm posting this now before I change something else. I'm sorry if it isn't as awesome as the others.

[spoiler=Yo IRIS!]The dying rays of the sun set the sky afire. I barely remembered the last time I saw the sun set like this. The last couple of years had been a view of the exact same thing - four walls, four other people, and--

"Whatcha doin'?" A girl I'd never seen before held a bowl of food out towards me. I gingerly accepted her offering and nodded my thanks. The bowl contained a simple rabbit stew. She stood next to me, unmoving.

"Well, how is it?" She was waiting for me to try it? I took a hesitant taste. Unlike the meals I had been getting, this one didn't seem moldy, old, burnt, or otherwise inedible. When she saw me take another bite, she beamed.

"Norne, where did you--HEY, my dinner!" The girl (Norne?) stuck her tongue out at the newcomer.

"He looked like he needed a good meal, an' I couldn't find you, so I gave him yours. There's more where that came from, lazy bones!" Rather than get himself a serving, he walked over to a nearby rock and sat down.

"You're uh, one of the guys that was in prison? I'm Gordin, and that rude girl over there is Norne. Nice to meet you." Norne stuck her tongue out at Gordin again. I found myself smiling at both of them. They were obviously comfortable with each other!

"I'm Tomas. Nice to meet you." Norne sat down between me and Gordin, a big grin on her face. I decided to concentrate on the stew I was given, which had cooled down enough for me to eat comfortably.

"So, uh, is it edible?" Gordin's question nearly caused me to drop the bowl I was holding. The flavors were simple, and the meat was a bit tough, but it was far better than anything I had eaten in a while!

"Of COURSE it's edible! Since when is my cooking NOT edible?!" I winced as her voice went shrill.

"Well, there was that time when you accidentally left the pot on the fire too long, and everything was burnt. You also got your roots mixed up, and--OWWW!" Gordin rubbed his head, where Norne had playfully swatted him.

"It's, uh, good," I said quietly, and somewhat awkwardly. Did I belong here?

"The guy's been in prison for a while. Give him a break, will ya?" Gordin turned towards me, a surprisingly solemn expression on his face.

"Gee, sorry. I--uh. . .excuse me." Norne stood up and left. Gordin opened his mouth, and closed it again. What was I supposed to say? It had been a while since I'd had a chance to talk to others besides my cell mates. Norne's playful personality was--

"Man, I need to apologize to her. I guess I pushed her a little too hard?" He stood up to leave, but then changed his mind and sat down again.

"I can talk to her later. Y-you look kinda lonely." I smiled. Perhaps I was too free with my nonverbal language? Gordin looked at the horizon. It would be dark soon.

"When. . .when Marth first escaped Altea, he found me in a prison, dressed up in a Gra uniform, and my mouth stuffed with a gag. At first, he pointed his sword at me, but then, he stopped. I thought I was gonna die!" The abrupt shift in subject threw me off guard. I thought back to the last moments in that cell. Would I be able to talk somewhat normally about it after a few years? Would sharing them help to dispel some of the nightmares I had, where the arrows were more accurate? I took a deep breath.

"When I heard that we were to be executed, I felt my heart sink. I didn't think I'd be sitting outside, talking to someone who's been through what I have. . ." He shook his head.

"I wasn't in prison for long, but I don't ever want to go back. I was bored out of my mind. I can't imagine how bad it must've been for you, being in prison for two years!" It was my turn to shake my head.

"I had others with me. You. . .all alone. . .even for a week, I'm not sure if I could survive." We fell silent, as the first stars began to twinkle. The sound of footsteps broke the silence.

"I. . .uh, I'm sorry?" Norne had returned, with someone else in tow.

"I was about to tell you boys to come back, but I see there's no need." Even if it had been two years, I could easily recognize the voice of Archanea's best sniper.

"We, uhhh. . ." I couldn't see if Gordin was blushing, but he sure sounded like he was!

"That's okay," Jeorge said evenly. "Tonight will be clear. I feel like watching the stars."

"C'mon Norne! It's gonna be really pretty! Didn't you say you liked stars?" Gordin asked enthusiastically.

"Yeah, but about earlier. . ." she started.

"I don't mind," I half-mumbled.

"Well, uh, okay." Something warm brushed my arm. Her, most likely.

We didn't need to say anything, as the last light of the sun surrendered to darkness. The stars slowly faded into view, until they filled the sky. It was a beautiful night to be free.

*death glare*

Hey shota, that better be "appreciating it with respect and elegance", you here?

*saves image*

Hey that's my gift >=I

XD But hey it's christmas, a time of giving and sharing~ Oh I'm so cheesy =3

Edited by Freohr Datia