• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

God, this game is so fucking pretty, man.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Of course most Mothras appear as larvae and adults, so the number of Mothra designs is bigger than this list (especially with Leo and his six forms).

Yeah, when it comes to Mothra, I'll just be counting the adult forms. The larave forms are all very similar to each other, the MonsterVerse version being perhaps the most visually distinct on account of being done with CGI.

Hmmm, well, I'll see if there's any creative way to include the larvae. But it'd be easier to just have the adult forms.

Ah yes, the glorious option of arena abuse. OP everyone here I come. But is strengthening non-mounted units (like Azel) in the arena worth it since the mounted units will get the most action anyway? I've heard in videos about FE4 that it's essentially Horse Emblem for the most part.

Edited by twilitfalchion

10 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Ah yes, the glorious option of arena abuse. OP everyone here I come. But is strengthening non-mounted units (like Azel) in the arena worth it since the mounted units will get the most action anyway? I've heard in videos about FE4 that it's essentially Horse Emblem for the most part.

There is no reason to not arena with everyone anyways.
In FE4 you usually want to spread out units anyways in later maps, since there are multiple objectives going on at a time in later maps.
Send your horses at the main objective, and your foot units can do other helpful things. It's not that difficult and there's no reason to not.

1 minute ago, Caster said:

There is no reason to not arena with everyone anyways.
In FE4 you usually want to spread out units anyways in later maps, since there are multiple objectives going on at a time in later maps.
Send your horses at the main objective, and your foot units can do other helpful things. It's not that difficult and there's no reason to not.

Awesome. Thanks.

Because of the length of the following part of my DQV playthrough update, it has been placed within spoiler tags for your convenience.

Spoiler

There comes that time in the life of an adventurer when they start to reflex about the future. They have traveled lots. Seen many places. Met many people. Perhaps the goal they set out at the beginning has been fulfilled and a new one has replaced it, or they’re still working on it. Either way, the big question comes: Do they continue their journey, or perhaps it’s finally time to settle down, if only for a while?

For young Madason, the answer was easy. He knew his adventurer days were far from over. He still had to find his mother, the rest of the Zenithian Equipment, and the Legendary Hero. The fate of the world likely depended on it, at least when it came to the last two; but the first one was a very personal matter to ignore. How long has it been since he set off? Almost two years now? Already over that? In any case, such a consequence of being on the road for so long, was the craving of companionship. 

Sure, he had Saber, and his other monster friends; but he knew there was still something missing. Back when he set off, he had his best friend Harry at his side. They journeyed together for what was months. Until Harry’s longing for his old home, the Kingdom of Coburg, led to a big flurry of events that ended with Harry staying behind, having regained his title of Prince of Coburg, which had been taken from him years ago. All while Madason continued with his own journey, not alone but soon coming to miss the company of fellow humans.

Though when did that longing turned into a desire to find a wife? Was it when he heard Harry had married? When he once returned to Coburg and saw how happy he was with his wife? Was it when he finally found the Zenithian Shield, but its current owner, Rodrigo Briscoletti, would only give it away through a challenge that would also grant the privilege of marrying the man’s younger daughter, Nera? In any case, the idea had long gripped him; and as he fulfilled the challenged, it weighted on his mind that it might be something he may not have a choice about after all.

It was then that the fateful day had arrived. He had fulfilled Rodrigo’s challenge, and had returned to the man’s home of Mostroferrato. He knew that soon he’d have the Zenithian Shield... as well as Nera’s hand in marriage. Was it really going to be inevitable? The terms of the challenge were that the reward would be for both, and he wasn’t sure if to dare ask for otherwise, if it meant the shield would be out of his grasp too.

However, just as the eleventh hour struck, fate decided to throw a last second wrench to that plan. Or perhaps more accurate to say, two of them.

ml6swa5.png

That’s right, at that very moment what had been cut and dried became otherwise. Not only he was going to choose who would become his bride, but it was choice between who of three! A very confounding situation, that had left Madason speechless. Rodrigo, however, took it in stride and thus declared that Madason would be free to choose his spouse to be and still be rewarded with the shield as promised. Which for the poor boy, only exacerbated things further. It was clear now he definitely had no choice now but to get married. The quandary now was: Who? 

Would it be Nera still? Compassionate and soft-spoken, she had spent years preparing for this moment. Though even she was surprised at the prospect of the challenge. If it carried some other motive in light of what it conveyed, she didn’t know. She and Madason had only socialized a few times, in the times he had to pass through Mostroferrato as he did the challenge, but perhaps that had been enough for a spark to appear. Perhaps with time and the right opportunity said spark could ignite further.

The first of the two choices was Rodrigo’s other daughter, Deborah. Prideful and haughty, she was an almost complete opposite in demeanor from her sister. She was a woman who definitely liked to be in charge. She had practically forced her way into the situation, after all. Almost as if offended that she was not deemed a prize to win. Though perhaps under that outer layer was a hidden heart of gold? Which only needed the right situation to reveal itself. At the very least, choosing her would mean for interesting times ahead.

Finally, the last choice was Bianca, Madason’s childhood friend, whom he had not seen in over ten years. Kind and courageous, she had helped Madason with the last part of the challenge. Intrigued by the prospect of it, had accompanying him to Mostroferrato. Ironically, it had been Nera the one to point that maybe the childhood friends’ feelings for each other may be more than that. Was that really the case? At the very least, their friendship could indeed be the foundation for things yet to come.

This was to become one of the toughest and most important decisions Madason would do in his life. After all, a spouse is meant to be a lifelong partner. Someone with whom to share laughs and tears. To support as well as be supported by. Through prosperity and hardship. This situation was not how he would’ve liked to choose, but it was the one to be. As such, he would have to think thoroughly and carefully, weight in his options, and be prepared to commit. No doubt it would take a considerable amount of time…

……………

*0.68 seconds later*

u1MSKV7.png

I regret nothing.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Awesome. Thanks.

Spoiler

I know Shrimperor already sent you word guides, but these might help as well, if you need video guides as well.

1 minute ago, Caster said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I know Shrimperor already sent you word guides, but these might help as well, if you need video guides as well.

Thanks again, to you both.

1 hour ago, Caster said:

I wouldn't really call the game cruel for that... but that's just me, you have everything is avoid it... you just need to look in the options.
Maybe I'm just defensive, since this is my 2nd favorite game in the series, but, well, maybe.
The only thing I find about FE4's save feature that's annoying is you can't restart a chapter without having a save for it... but there are plenty of ways to avoid it... so I dunno.

Oh, I was just joking! Sorry, that sounded serious, didn't it? I enjoy FE4 alot as well. 

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

@DragonFlames @Shrimperor

I know the three of us aren't that excited for it (yet), just thought you guys would like to know that it's officially coming to the West.

Thanks for the info!

The hack 'n' slash bit sounds interesting. I heard Cyberdimension also has hack 'n' slash gameplay and that one's supposedly not very good.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The hack 'n' slash bit sounds interesting. I heard Cyberdimension also has hack 'n' slash gameplay and that one's supposedly not very good.

Going off the screenshots, it seems to be more like Action Unleased and MegaTagmension but whether or not it's actually another musou-like spin-off remains to be seen.

I wouldn't call those other two spin-offs I mentioned either good btw. I hope this new one is more traditional hack-and-slash.

Just now, Armagon said:

Going off the screenshots, it seems to be more like Action Unleased and MegaTagmension but whether or not it's actually another musou-like spin-off remains to be seen.

I wouldn't call those other two spin-offs I mentioned either good btw. I hope this new one is more traditional hack-and-slash.

If it was musou-like gameplay, then I wouldn't mind it. I actually like that gameplay style, as you may know.

30 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

If it was musou-like gameplay, then I wouldn't mind it. I actually like that gameplay style, as you may know.

Well the problem with these is that it lacks any of the objectives Musou games typically have. You get put in Musou-like map but you almost never have to leave the block you're in. 

I know Musou games do have an element of strategy to them but that is not found here.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Well the problem with these is that it lacks any of the objectives Musou games typically have. You get put in Musou-like map but you almost never have to leave the block you're in. 

I know Musou games do have an element of strategy to them but that is not found here.

Oof.
Yeah, I get your point.

With the exception of Super Neptunia RPG, I have so far stayed away from the spin-off games.
Mainly because I trusted yours and Shrimperor's accounts that they are... not exactly very good games.

Edited by DragonFlames

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

With the exception of Super Neptunia RPG, I have so far stayed away from the spin-off games.
Mainly because I trusted yours and Shrimperor's accounts that they are... not exactly very good games.

Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls is probably the best spin-off since it plays very similarly to the mainline series.

Unfortunately for you though, IF is the main lead and you've made no secret of your dislike for her. She's not the only lead at least, Hatsumi Sega is the other, and you'll probably like her way more.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Superdimension Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls is probably the best spin-off since it plays very similarly to the mainline series.

Unfortunately for you though, IF is the main lead and you've made no secret of your dislike for her. She's not the only lead at least, Hatsumi Sega is the other, and you'll probably like her way more.

That's the reason I've stayed away from it.
I'd rather not have another Mary Skelter 2 situation.

4 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Because of the length of the following part of my DQV playthrough update, it has been placed within spoiler tags for your convenience.

Reveal hidden contents

There comes that time in the life of an adventurer when they start to reflex about the future. They have traveled lots. Seen many places. Met many people. Perhaps the goal they set out at the beginning has been fulfilled and a new one has replaced it, or they’re still working on it. Either way, the big question comes: Do they continue their journey, or perhaps it’s finally time to settle down, if only for a while?

For young Madason, the answer was easy. He knew his adventurer days were far from over. He still had to find his mother, the rest of the Zenithian Equipment, and the Legendary Hero. The fate of the world likely depended on it, at least when it came to the last two; but the first one was a very personal matter to ignore. How long has it been since he set off? Almost two years now? Already over that? In any case, such a consequence of being on the road for so long, was the craving of companionship. 

Sure, he had Saber, and his other monster friends; but he knew there was still something missing. Back when he set off, he had his best friend Harry at his side. They journeyed together for what was months. Until Harry’s longing for his old home, the Kingdom of Coburg, led to a big flurry of events that ended with Harry staying behind, having regained his title of Prince of Coburg, which had been taken from him years ago. All while Madason continued with his own journey, not alone but soon coming to miss the company of fellow humans.

Though when did that longing turned into a desire to find a wife? Was it when he heard Harry had married? When he once returned to Coburg and saw how happy he was with his wife? Was it when he finally found the Zenithian Shield, but its current owner, Rodrigo Briscoletti, would only give it away through a challenge that would also grant the privilege of marrying the man’s younger daughter, Nera? In any case, the idea had long gripped him; and as he fulfilled the challenged, it weighted on his mind that it might be something he may not have a choice about after all.

It was then that the fateful day had arrived. He had fulfilled Rodrigo’s challenge, and had returned to the man’s home of Mostroferrato. He knew that soon he’d have the Zenithian Shield... as well as Nera’s hand in marriage. Was it really going to be inevitable? The terms of the challenge were that the reward would be for both, and he wasn’t sure if to dare ask for otherwise, if it meant the shield would be out of his grasp too.

However, just as the eleventh hour struck, fate decided to throw a last second wrench to that plan. Or perhaps more accurate to say, two of them.

ml6swa5.png

That’s right, at that very moment what had been cut and dried became otherwise. Not only he was going to choose who would become his bride, but it was choice between who of three! A very confounding situation, that had left Madason speechless. Rodrigo, however, took it in stride and thus declared that Madason would be free to choose his spouse to be and still be rewarded with the shield as promised. Which for the poor boy, only exacerbated things further. It was clear now he definitely had no choice now but to get married. The quandary now was: Who? 

Would it be Nera still? Compassionate and soft-spoken, she had spent years preparing for this moment. Though even she was surprised at the prospect of the challenge. If it carried some other motive in light of what it conveyed, she didn’t know. She and Madason had only socialized a few times, in the times he had to pass through Mostroferrato as he did the challenge, but perhaps that had been enough for a spark to appear. Perhaps with time and the right opportunity said spark could ignite further.

The first of the two choices was Rodrigo’s other daughter, Deborah. Prideful and haughty, she was an almost complete opposite in demeanor from her sister. She was a woman who definitely liked to be in charge. She had practically forced her way into the situation, after all. Almost as if offended that she was not deemed a prize to win. Though perhaps under that outer layer was a hidden heart of gold? Which only needed the right situation to reveal itself. At the very least, choosing her would mean for interesting times ahead.

Finally, the last choice was Bianca, Madason’s childhood friend, whom he had not seen in over ten years. Kind and courageous, she had helped Madason with the last part of the challenge. Intrigued by the prospect of it, had accompanying him to Mostroferrato. Ironically, it had been Nera the one to point that maybe the childhood friends’ feelings for each other may be more than that. Was that really the case? At the very least, their friendship could indeed be the foundation for things yet to come.

This was to become one of the toughest and most important decisions Madason would do in his life. After all, a spouse is meant to be a lifelong partner. Someone with whom to share laughs and tears. To support as well as be supported by. Through prosperity and hardship. This situation was not how he would’ve liked to choose, but it was the one to be. As such, he would have to think thoroughly and carefully, weight in his options, and be prepared to commit. No doubt it would take a considerable amount of time…

……………

*0.68 seconds later*

u1MSKV7.png

I regret nothing.

I missed this.
Good choice.

Well, two and a half hours later, Genealogy Chapter 1 is done. I've got to admit, the story's got me hooked. The prologue felt kind of boring and was a poor first impression for me personally, but Chapter 1 kicked things up enough to keep me going. The gameplay is...uh, very dated. But it's still fun in its own way. Except for that crappy forest before fighting the dark mage at the end of Ch. 1. That took me about fifteen turns just to get out of.

I now see why others have said that it's the easiest FE game. If you know what you're doing and how things work, it's not difficult. But if you go in semi-blind like I did when I started, then being confused can make things more difficult than they need to be. I'm definitely looking forward to playing further.

Oh, and maybe Sigurd should've listened to the old man when he warned him about pursuing Deirdre.

Old man: Alas, sir, for it cannot be so. The folk of the Spirit Forest staunchly refuse to partake in the world beyond their woods. Furthermore, that girl and members of her clan are forbidden from ever liaising with men. Village lore dictates that should this ever happen, calamity would befall the world. You have no choice, sir. Resign yourself of that girl.

Maybe if Sigurd had left Deirdre alone, he and his friends wouldn't have become noble barbeque later.

Edited by twilitfalchion

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Oh, and maybe Sigurd should've listened to the old man when he warned him about pursuing Deirdre.

Old man: Alas, sir, for it cannot be so. The folk of the Spirit Forest staunchly refuse to partake in the world beyond their woods. Furthermore, that girl and members of her clan are forbidden from ever liaising with men. Village lore dictates that should this ever happen, calamity would befall the world. You have no choice, sir. Resign yourself of that girl.

Maybe if Sigurd had left Deirdre alone, he and his friends wouldn't have become noble barbeque later.

Actually, that wouldn't have changed, or it would've made things worse.

53 minutes ago, Caster said:

I missed this.
Good choice.

Heh, yeah. Even before I started playing it I already knew what would be my choice.