Rate the Unit, FINAL DAY: Syrene

Never saw a reason to use her. Tana and Cormag are much better fliers, and Vanessa has way more availability and should have similar stats at that time if you used her. her weapon ranks and 8 mov + flying are nice, and give her a little use in a couple chapters, but that's it. i feel like they just through her in the game to create a triangle attack and didn't think too much about it.

3/10

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6/10. Decent fighter, flight, high aid, great ranks. Only question is, can she blend?

... I mean, uh, that's factoring in a full bias point because I like her and also because she's getting really underrated here, a lot.

Before I actually used Syrene for my FE8 draft, I didn't think she was worth much. But ... that draft kind of proved me wrong, even if most of it was because my Syrene was blessed.

But anyway ... her base durability is kind of eh against wyverns in her joining chapter and long-distance attacking gorgons in her following chapter. Even if you do get her a few levels on her average her durability will never be great. Unfortunately, she doesn't have the dodging powers that some of your less durable chapters you got before her may have. However, she flies. Combining her flight with Vanessa, Tana, and Cormag, these guys can save a lot of turns, getting others over cliffs and lakes without having to stomp around the traveled path and they are always good for rescuing people in case of emergencies. I wouldn't depend on her combat unless I had absolutely no choice (she's kind of dependent on silver lance and other high-power, low-weight weapons), but flying always helps and she can have -- passable -- combat with stronger weapons.

5/10

My favorite flier in this game. . .is not her. She's not particularly durable, has okayish but not impressive Avoid, and I don't see the point of kicking someone else off my team just for her, unless Vanessa, Tana, and Cormag sucked. Last time I drafted her, I had to pray that she wasn't killed by the Gargoyles in Chapter 18, and that's not a good thing.

If she came in at the same time as Rennac, it would be excusable. . .but no.

3/10

Integ, can you have us rate the extra characters for giggles?

Edited by eclipse

Syrene. That hot pegknight that can get in Gilliam's armored shorts.

Pros:

Flier.

Good lance rank.

Makes for a pretty cool utility unit.

Decent supports.

Prepromote.

Cons:

Joins really late.

Low leveled.

Bases are pretty meh.

Syrene really isnt bad overall, but her bases kinda just...dueagh. Like, Vanessa is probably gonna trump her in strength. Her speed isnt as good as the others. (Tana has better base speed if i recall) I have seen a pretty amazing Syrene once when i was CCing it up. So her growths are decent. Its just...yer not getting to see them in the main game. Her utility as a flier is pretty handy. You can never have enough fliers around. Usually on my runs, shes going around rescuing and stuff like that.

5/10. Bias 6/10. I like peg knights a lot. :B

I want to do a rate the unit for FE9/10.

Edited by Florina

:Syrene:

She's a cool girl who is pretty much RNG-proof and can fly around and do shit. Only real problem is availability. And... and...

6.5/10

:KnollRoll: :KnollRoll: :KnollRoll: :KnollRoll: :KnollRoll: :KnollRoll: :KnollRoll:

Edited by Camtech

10/10 most availability in the game, tied with Kyle. Starts with a Silver Sword and owns everything with it. Absolutely destroys a map from any direction she wants to, flying utility throughout the game.

Flier. Auto silver and killers. Enough spd to double. Comes just in time to help in chapter 18 and 20 with her flight. Her durability and bases suck though. I give her a 6/10. Thats with a bias point bcuz peggy.

Integ, can you have us rate the extra characters for giggles?

Goddammit, fine. FINE.

you know I can't say no to you

10/10 most availability in the game, tied with Kyle. Starts with a Silver Sword and owns everything with it. Absolutely destroys a map from any direction she wants to, flying utility throughout the game.

this isn't RR mekkah you know better don't be a cunt

While Myrrh has the excuse of being a powerhouse for coming in late in the game, Syrene does not. By this point, you already have two Pegasi, and they should be much better if you've been using them. If not, why would you even bother with Syrene? Only thing she's really good for is the Triangle Attack. Her stats are OK, but being put this late in the game really hurts her score. 3.5/10.

Helios, Eclipse, and Rexaura all have votes that are just skirting the edge of what I'm willing to curse at. They're all *within* the parameters and I don't feel like making an issue of it (feel free to do it on my behalf) but I'll express my displeasure at least.

EDIT: Oh Christ, there are more posts on page 1 I didn't read. Add Onmi and Gunblader to that list. That's 5 votes that all involve "no because vanessa/tana" in some way. ;/

EDIT2: I'll put this to a vote: should I be DICKTATOR on the last real day of this one and make them all revise their shit out of spite or let it slide?

Edited by Integrity

Syrene day! :^_^:

:Syrene: gets a 10/10 from me because she is my favorite character in the game! ^^'

Honestly her biggest fault is her availability, she has decent bases to pair up with a scrub to kill foes. Her nice weapon ranks allow her to deal more damage, I like giving her killing edges or killer lances + she flies and is able to ferry (or silver so she can eventually use Vidofnir). She won't be useless unless you want her to be, and her high move allows her to contribute especially in Chapter 18, and 20. I give her a 6.5/10.

She's not a bad unit, but she is a little fragile and her availability is bad.

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

Helios, Eclipse, and Rexaura all have votes that are just skirting the edge of what I'm willing to curse at. They're all *within* the parameters and I don't feel like making an issue of it (feel free to do it on my behalf) but I'll express my displeasure at least.

EDIT: Oh Christ, there are more posts on page 1 I didn't read. Add Onmi and Gunblader to that list. That's 5 votes that all involve "no because vanessa/tana" in some way. ;/

EDIT2: I'll put this to a vote: should I be DICKTATOR on the last real day of this one and make them all revise their shit out of spite or let it slide?

Meh, do whatever you want. As long as you start an FE6 version of this thread. I won't take part, since I've never played FE6, but I'd love to hear what people have to say about various units. :P

I draft, and me having to hope and pray that Syrene isn't two-shotted by the northern Gargolyes doesn't help her rating. If I'd slow down enough so that she could get, like, five or six levels, it might be better, but. . .she's rather late for that.

She can use Killers out of the bat, which is more than most units can say. She's pretty weak statwise, but she does fly. And she is pretty useful for C18 with the eggs, especially if you've got Vanessa, Tana, and Cormag promoted and at good levels where they need to fly all over the place.

6.15/10

edit: I think she's a little more useful than 5.

Edited by Octavian

I draft, and me having to hope and pray that Syrene isn't two-shotted by the northern Gargolyes doesn't help her rating. If I'd slow down enough so that she could get, like, five or six levels, it might be better, but. . .she's rather late for that.

She did surprisingly well for me in my first (and only) FE8 draft. But that was because she got a few early strength/speed blessings that helped, and Vanessa was spectacularly screwed.

Edited by Boron