Why do Girls Want This?

Helios

what if you're a concubine

i don't have all the answers bro

Is that sexual tension I am sensing?

I'm not sure what you mean--but I'm making a generalization about all bad relationships. Like, I'd hate to be in one where it's not really a relationship at all, just something that was did to be done (or to get something material from it).

I can't really say what it's like perfectly, since I don't really know what that's like. But I can imagine it would be bad.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what you mean--but I'm making a generalization about all bad relationships. Like, I'd hate to be in one where it's not really a relationship at all, just something that was did to be done (or to get something material from it).

I can't really say what it's like perfectly, since I don't really know what that's like. But I can imagine it would be bad.

It just sounded like you were being a little bit of a horn dog there.

All right, let's dissect this shit and reply with what I would do if a girl was expecting me to do this stuff:

"I want a boy bestfriend who will call me beautiful,"

Depends. Am I going to be truthful or will it be like tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies?

"and like my photos on facebook, commenting them saying things such as the fact he's proud to have me as a bestfriend."

I don't have Facebook, so tough luck there girl.

"One that I can call up, crying about other boys, and him saying he'll beat the shit out of them for me."

Don't be stupid, girl. Violence is only a last resort, when every other method has been totally exhausted. Also if you phone me while I'm asleep, I will not be happy with you.

"A boy bestfriend who will drive me around like he's my big brother,"

I don't have a car yet, but if I did, whether or not I give you a lift would depend on my own plans for the day. If it's a fair distance, I won't ask for petrol money, but it would be nice if you at least offer.

"and kiss me on my cheek/forehead when he knows I'm upset."

If you're upset, I'll talk to you, maybe hug you, but kiss you? What would your boyfriend say about that?

"One who becomes friends with my boyfriend"

Depends. I'm a nice guy, but I know a dick when I meet one. I can tolerate but I won't ever call him a friend. Unless of course he is a good guy, then I have no complaints.

"and one who calls me up to see what I'm doing."

Well, bear in mind I don't even phone my own family much when I'm away at uni.

"I want a boy best friend who will tell me when I'm wrong, and force me into fixing things and apologizing because he knows that it will make things better for me."

I will tell you when you are wrong and how you you could fix it, but don't expect me to make sure you follow it through. And apologise, why?

"I just want a perfect boy best friend,"

You may not think of me as perfect, but if you're worth it, I can be a good friend.

"who will love me and protect me from all the other boys."

I'm not going to get my head kicked in for your mistakes, girl.

After all is said and done, you don't get something for nothing. If you want all of this stuff from one guy, then expect the guy, in due time, to become rebellious if its all take and no give. Given that some people are more than willing to do everything for nothing, I personally am not willing to do everything for nothing. It would feel like I'm being used.

haha That was great.

I agree with you completely

This makes no sense to me as a guy. The guy she's describing is basically the perfect boyfriend so why wouldn't she want that?

right? why wouldn't she want that? i'm always thinking to myself, man, i've always wanted the perfect guy with a long mane like a pony that i can brush all day as i whisper "you are my valiant steed" in his ear all day. you know? like, every people ever want to date individuals they think are awesome. if you think this is a bad quality you are either a) a hypocrite or b) a sad mcsadface pessimist who must cry a lot about all the pessimism you just pessimisted all over yourself

Especially since she's one of those girls that is always talking about love and wanting a boyfriend and all. Instead, she wants to meet a great guy and FRIEND-ZONE him?

sometimes a girl wants a good guy friend who keeps his eyes off her knickers. what is this, a geneva convention violation? like, haven't you ever wanted to have an awesome friend before? what's so bad about that? boyfriends and friends are two separate things that someone can want at the same time. that is, like, that is a possible thing that you can do. weird huh

She'll have this guy around to basically complain about all the f*ck-ups that she dates instead, while he's sitting there wondering why she's so blind. It's silly to me.

IF ONLY SHE COULD SEE BEHIND MY GENTLEMENLY EXTERIOR AND NOTICE THAT I TOO WANT TO GET IN HER PANTS JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER GUY EVER AAAAAHHH THE CRUELTYYYY

Great post, Raven.

sometimes a girl wants a good guy friend who keeps his eyes off her knickers. what is this, a geneva convention violation? like, haven't you ever wanted to have an awesome friend before? what's so bad about that? boyfriends and friends are two separate things that someone can want at the same time. that is, like, that is a possible thing that you can do. weird huh

If she wants a friend who's a dude(Assuming he isn't the sassy gay man she ultimately will find) and she's hot. He ain't keepin his eyes off her knickers.

right? why wouldn't she want that? i'm always thinking to myself, man, i've always wanted the perfect guy with a long mane like a pony that i can brush all day as i whisper "you are my valiant steed" in his ear all day. you know? like, every people ever want to date individuals they think are awesome. if you think this is a bad quality you are either a) a hypocrite or b) a sad mcsadface pessimist who must cry a lot about all the pessimism you just pessimisted all over yourself

IF ONLY SHE COULD SEE BEHIND MY GENTLEMENLY EXTERIOR AND NOTICE THAT I TOO WANT TO GET IN HER PANTS JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER GUY EVER AAAAAHHH THE CRUELTYYYY

Okay this is a matter of grave importance.

By "knickers" do you mean underwear or chest? Revan and I are in a heated debate about what you are referring to, he is using the definition of the word and I think it makes more sense if you were referring to the latter, because who stares at underwear?!

This is very important, our continued friendship depends on it. We are more or less about to kill eachother over this important matter, as you can see:

ZXValaRevan says (9:19 AM):

*I mean you can still do that about hermaphrodites but yeah

*it's definitely underwear they mean

Tangerine says (9:20 AM):

*wtf? you can't kill them because they were born different

*Anyway, are you sure?

*Who the f stares at underwear?

ZXValaRevan says (9:20 AM):

*no idea, but that's what knickers mean

*s

*are you sure they didn't just

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knickers

*use the word improperly?

*no

*Judas knows what he's doing

*he means underwear

*WHO STARES AT UNDERWEAR?! So creepy.

*trust me

ZXValaRevan says (9:21 AM):

*no idea

Absolutely heated.

Edited by Tangerine

Okay this is a matter of grave importance.

By "knickers" do you mean underwear or chest? Revan and I are in a heated debate about what you are referring to, he is using the definition of the word and I think it makes more sense if you were referring to the latter, because who stares at underwear?!

This is very important, our continued friendship depends on it. We are more or less about to kill eachother over this important matter.

As an English major (read: hungry vagabond with no future prospects that sincerely looks forward to living off of your tax money via welfare checks), sometimes I chemically alter turns of phrase in order to make stunning comments of razor-sharp wit. Here, in one of my favorite pieces, I decided to use the saying "eyes on the prize," and use that metaphorical, non-physical conception of "looking towards something," and change it to a woman's most private of garments. Therefore, knickers ain't knockers.

tldr panties

Who stares at panties?! Who do you know that does that?!

I thought you had to have meant something else because that is way too weird.

Hahaha, fuck you Tangerine, I was fucking right. That'll teach you to doubt me.

Hey shut up you >:O. You practice the art, it's not my fault you had more experience!

Edited by Tangerine

what are you talking about. staring at panties is an all-american pasttime and it is going to the primary way i bond with my future son

hey there sport how was your day at school whoa look at that slut's jimmies i'd love to smell those in a dark room while wearing a dress and cat ears

The way it was used, I was sure that by knickers he was referring to tits/breasts/boobs/melons/knockers/gozongas/etc

yeah... me too. This is just a fucking weird topic now. Putting way to many bad images in my head.

Whoa. A lot of shit happened when I'm asleep. I don't even know how to respond to all of this lol. But I shall try and defend myself because some people are misunderstanding what I meant by all this.

I'm not saying this applies to EVERY girl. Like I said, I'm friends with a lot of girls who are cool as hell and I'm happy to have them as friends. Now people are gonna be like "oh Helios you're just mad that a girl wants a good guy friend because you have nice guy syndrome and girls tend to overlook you for other better looking guys". The answer to that is hell no. I don't let that happen to me lol. I don't hate women, I'm not a pessimist who complains about everything, I don't think all women are idiots, etc etc. I'm not saying that every nice guy/good guy a girl meets she should immediately fall for him and do the bangbangskeetkeet. I'm well aware it doesn't quite work like that. What I'm saying is, a lot of girls my age really want boyfriends, really want to find "love", really want to find the "perfect guy". There is nothing wrong with being attracted to the guy you think is awesome. There is nothing wrong with having an awesome guy friend who doesn't stare at you're knickers or knockers (I enjoyed reading your post Judas lol). But if you're the type of girl that really wants a relationship, and you're going for these lowlife guys with no future? Is that what some girls think is awesome? If that's the case why do those girls complain about how horrible they were days later and go on a temporary penis embargo? And then repeat the process over and over again. A friend of mine (who is a girl) and doesn't understand this complex thinks it has something to do with low self-esteem, which I guess I can see. But idk, I'm not a girl. I guess the conclusion I'm coming up with based on careful observation is that girls my age just don't know what they want in a guy and can be fairly shallow.

Okay, I realize that sounds pretty harsh. Guys aren't perfect either. We can go on for days about how stupid a lot of guys are, and I will agree with you wholeheartedly. A lot of guys are shallower then a kiddie pool, and go for Ms. Blonde BigTits who is more of an airhead then the candy over a genuinely real sweet girl who is beautiful in her own right. This leaves the girls wondering why guys are so blind, and the guy talking about how all girls are fake. Defeatist Elitist was right, my OP was waaaaay two one-sided, and I didn't mean to come off as misogynistic. So I apologize to any girl that I accidentally offended. But pleaaaaase keep in mind that not all guys are perverts who want to stare at your panties, and not all your guy friends want to hook up with you unless you're really hot.

TL;DR: Both guys and girls have their faults when it comes to this stuff, both sexes can be very shallow, nothing wrong with having a great friend just don't complain when you can't find a good girl/guy when you're looking in the wrong place.

Perhaps this girl wants a guy friend who will be just that, a friend, instead of always assuming that since she's a girl they should date. At the very least, everything she has mentioned is the sort of stuff that most people would want their best friend to do. I can't really relate myself, since most all my friends are female. However, my sister has the problem. She has lots of guy friends and they always seem to want to date her when they're unattached. Even if she is already dating someone else. If she doesn't feel the same way as they do and so rejects their advances, regardless of whether she is single at the time or not, they become all bitchy and mess up the friendship. If she has a boyfriend, she often has to avoid even mentioning him in conversations, because they get all pissy and jealous about it. (She's had this happen when her guy friend actually asked specifically about how her and her boyfriend were doing. Then he accused her of talking about her boyfriend too much. Go figure.) There was also the time she became friends with a guy who she got along with very well due to some shared interests. As soon as he found out she was already dating, though, he stopped bothering to talk to her at all, even when she tried to initiate conversation.

As for the friend-zone thing, for every girl who "friend-zones" someone, there is a guy who rejects loads of girls by simply not bothering to see that they exist.

wtf kind of generalization is that, lol? What percentage of men are stupid then? And where are you getting these statistics to begin with?

That was actually just a joke. I'm not getting the statistics from anywhere, just my own generalizations. Plus ... it was like 2-3 in the morning and I was working on some project that's going to take me forever, so I was a little peeved when I was typing my response. Hope I didn't offend anyone.

Anyway ... I know that it's within the nature of some people to be protective. I can understand that. I hate it when people pick on my friends more than when they pick on me. What I hate is when people feel as if they have to protect women SIMPLY on the virtue of being women. And not anything else.

Who doesn't know that knickers is simply another word for female underwear/panties, etc.?

Jeebus move to the UK. Knickers is probably the most common word used here when referring to female underwear.