"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

What are the best skills for Cynthia to learn from her parents? Sumia has Galeforce, Rally move, the two Pegasus knight skills, and is a level 3 Falcon Knight. Frederick has all of his great knight skills and is also a level 2 Paladin. Should I get other skills or take some from those?

GaleForce and Luna are excellent skills so save her some time and pass those down, unless you also want DG+ from GK. Other skills she should go for include Renewal, Pavise, Aegis, Defender, and Deliverer.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have stated before... using the Future of Despair/Future Past hair colors to map to "canon pairings" is... pointless... to say the least insulting word.

The only one with any semblance of a "hint" is Chrom x Sumia... which is disappointing. Oh well.

The point was that they didn't put any canon for anything because anyone with any given MU could marry any given character due to their preferences/gameplay min-maxing.

It seems they went with "we don't want to step on anyone's toes".

While I know of a bunch of fangirls that would be angry at Chrom x Sumia, the numbers of the guys who will be slightly upset by it due to marrying Sumia are lower in number... nevertheless there ARE still people with different preferences.

The only surefire way to upset EVERYONE is to make MaMU and FeMU whichever they pick to be celibate... or include both of them and pair them together.

Edited by shadowofchaos

VV=Vengeance+Vantage

I'd say Tactician > Myrmidon >Mercenary > Hero > Dark Flier > Sorcerer > Sage

It'll take some work to do this, but if you have EXPonential growth, the Entombeds will give enough exp to level up until you become sage, where it won't be necessary.

Welp, i already classed to Grandmaster, am i screwed?

Also everyone keeps talking about optimal pairings but there isn't really anything that breaks down the skills and the class paths you should take. Is there something like that?

Welp, i already classed to Grandmaster, am i screwed?

Also everyone keeps talking about optimal pairings but there isn't really anything that breaks down the skills and the class paths you should take. Is there something like that?

No, it will just take a bit longer. Besides, from grandmaster at any level you can automatically reclass down to myrmidon. This is only if you wnat VV.

For the second question, I would invite you to The Pairing Thread. All pairing questions are answered there.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=42247

Edited by Duck

VV Sage.

I'd say Virion has the closest hair color to Inigo's artwork since it's silvery. And if we're going based on hair color, I think Vaike's hair color is closer to Maribelle's and Libra's is closer to Lissa's.

EDIT: Wait, Gregor!Gerome! It's perfect.

Virion!Inigo works. Gregor!Gerome is good as well. Virion has the next blue hair to match Inigo's default. And Gregor hair has shades of red, which pink is a shade of. And I'll think I'll switch up Gaius and Ricken. Ricken's hair is actually quite close to Laurent.

For the other two, according to official art, both Owain and Brady actually have darker hair than their mothers. But Owain's hair is more golden, so I gave him Vaike. While Brady's hair is more pale, so I gave him Libra's pale hair.

So:

Gaius!Severa

Sumia!Lucina, which leads to

Chrom! Cynthia

The Vaike!Lissa

Libra!Maribelle

Lon'qu!Yarne

Ricken!Laurent

Kellam!Noire

Stahl!Kjelle

Say'ri!Morgan (F)

Bailio!Morgan (M)

Gregor!Gerome

Virion!Inigo

Shots in the Dark

Donnel!Nah (Looking it over, Nah's hair is darker and a greener than her mother's. So her husband should have darker hair)

Virion!Inigo works. Gregor!Gerome is good as well. Virion has the next blue hair to match Inigo's default. And Gregor hair has shades of red, which pink is a shade of. And I'll think I'll switch up Gaius and Ricken. Ricken's hair is actually quite close to Laurent.

For the other two, according to official art, both Owain and Brady actually have darker hair than their mothers. But Owain's hair is more golden, so I gave him Vaike. While Brady's hair is more pale, so I gave him Libra's pale hair.

So:

Gaius!Severa

Sumia!Lucina, which leads to

Chrom! Cynthia

The Vaike!Lissa

Libra!Maribelle

Lon'qu!Yarne

Ricken!Laurent

Kellam!Noire

Stahl!Kjelle

Say'ri!Morgan (F)

Bailio!Morgan (M)

Gregor!Gerome

Virion!Inigo

Shots in the Dark

Donnel!Nah (Looking it over, Nah's hair is darker and a greener than her mother's. So her husband should have darker hair)

Alright, but how about Frederick!Yarne and Lon'qu!Noire? Or maybe Lon'qu!Kjelle and Stahl!Noire?

EDIT: Ironically, enough, I didn't even notice Kellam. Then I'd say maybe Stahl!Nah for greenish hair? Maybe?

Edited by Duck

No, it will just take a bit longer. Besides, from grandmaster at any level you can automatically reclass down to myrmidon. This is only if you wnat VV.

For the second question, I would invite you to The Pairing Thread. All pairing questions are answered there.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=42247

That question specifically doesn't even make sense for the pairing thread; also, there isn't even any sort of rule that pairing questions HAVE to be answered there. You're coming off as just plugging your own topic instead of answering questions, and I personally am finding that grating.

Too my knowledge, there is no such guide. Optimal is usually used to refer to maximizing the distribution of Galeforce and Luna, (and Armsthrift and Vantage-Vengeance are also popular) while having mods that work well for the unit in question.

If you have a specific question(s), then go ahead and ask in the thread Duck mentioned. You could probably ask about optimization in general there, or you could make a new topic, since it sounds like you're asking what it means rather than for advice.

Edited by Euklyd

That question specifically doesn't even make sense for the pairing thread; also, there isn't even any sort of rule that pairing questions HAVE to be answered there. You're coming off as just plugging your own topic instead of answering questions, and I personally am finding that grating.

Too my knowledge, there is no such guide. Optimal is usually used to refer to maximizing the distribution of Galeforce and Luna, (and Armsthrift and Vantage-Vengeance are also popular) while having mods that work well for the unit in question.

If you have a specific question(s), then go ahead and ask in the thread Duck mentioned. You could probably ask about optimization in general there, or you could make a new topic, since it sounds like you're asking what it means rather than for advice.

Okay then. I really don't see it as my topic, but I'm sorry you feel that way.

@UberJumper I'd say follow this:

Lucina- Olivia, Sumia, Maribelle

Owain- Ricken, Henry, Libra

Inigo- Chrom, frederick, Libra

Brady- Lon'qu, Gregor, Henry

Kjelle- Donny, Vaike, Gaius

Cynthia- Henry, Chrom, Gaius

Severa- Stahl, Vaike, Lon'qu

Gerome- Frederick, Gregor, Vaike/Henry

Yarne- Stahl, Gregor, Frederick

Laurent- Gregor, Lon'qu, Ricken

Noire- Gaius, Donnel, Lon'qu

Nah- Gaius, Vaike, Donnel

Priority should be Galeforce access > No galeforce access. For Kjelle, Noire, and Nah, Noire needs GF the most, Nah needs it the least. Also, this guide doesn't have the MaMU in it, so one of Kjelle, Noire, or Nah won't get GF. In that case, I'd say give GF to Noire and Kjelle, since Nah can do just as well with the Vaike as her father. Gaius and Donnel pass down the pegasus knight class to daughters, so Kjelle and Noire should have them as their fathers to maximize galeforce.

Edited by Duck

Alright, but how about Frederick!Yarne and Lon'qu!Noire? Or maybe Lon'qu!Kjelle and Stahl!Noire?

EDIT: Ironically, enough, I didn't even notice Kellam. Then I'd say maybe Stahl!Nah for greenish hair? Maybe?

It seems that all the black haired individuals are rather interchangeable. I for some reason see Lon'qu looking like Yarne so I usually pair them up. Same with Stahl and Yarne. Stahl and Nah is perfect! That would leave it as Frederick!Kjelle.

Edited by Viewtiful_J

It is about a hundred times better to go to a more specific topic for a complicated question (which might be followed by people who care) than to stack up too much stuff here, in this thread that's better suited for quick-hits that can be repeated frequently. The Lunatic Club is a good example of such a thread.

Fair enough. There was no reason not to answer the initial question (which was really just a yes/no question), though, and just mention that any additional questions belong in the specialized thread.

Regardless, I still overreacted.

(And although this doesn't have any bearing on general cases, I'm gonna point out the UberJumper hasn't asked any additional questions in either topic, at least not yet.)

So.. some characters have a special outfit according to their class..

For example, Sumia & Cordelia have special outfits for Pegasus Knight & Falcoknight.

Is Cynthia's Pegaus/Falcon Knight outfit generic?

Because, I've noticed Severa also wears the same Falcon Knight thing.

This is also the same thing for Lon'qu, right?

For example, Sumia & Cordelia have special outfits for Pegasus Knight & Falcoknight.

Do they? I could have sworn they wear the same thing...

Usually the first class outfit is different while the second class is generic with a changed Victory Pose.

A good example is Gaius and Henry's Trickster victory poses. Gaius does the backflip while Henry just laughs.

Edited by Sorin

There was a topic about that a while back, actually. It should have what you're looking for.

Okay then. I really don't see it as my topic, but I'm sorry you feel that way.

@UberJumper I'd say follow this:

Lucina- Olivia, Sumia, Maribelle

Owain- Ricken, Henry, Libra

Inigo- Chrom, frederick, Libra

Brady- Lon'qu, Gregor, Henry

Kjelle- Donny, Vaike, Gaius

Cynthia- Henry, Chrom, Gaius

Severa- Stahl, Vaike, Lon'qu

Gerome- Frederick, Gregor, Vaike/Henry

Yarne- Stahl, Gregor, Frederick

Laurent- Gregor, Lon'qu, Ricken

Noire- Gaius, Donnel, Lon'qu

Nah- Gaius, Vaike, Donnel

Priority should be Galeforce access > No galeforce access. For Kjelle, Noire, and Nah, Noire needs GF the most, Nah needs it the least. Also, this guide doesn't have the MaMU in it, so one of Kjelle, Noire, or Nah won't get GF. In that case, I'd say give GF to Noire and Kjelle, since Nah can do just as well with the Vaike as her father. Gaius and Donnel pass down the pegasus knight class to daughters, so Kjelle and Noire should have them as their fathers to maximize galeforce.

Thank you, i have more or less been following the pairings you have in your signature. However that list is a huge help.

Honestly the biggest question i keep having is "What am i supposed to do with this character ". For certain characthers i generally have a rough idea (i.e. get galeforce), but for others i have no real idea what to do with them, and even then the better path to Galeforce is not always obvious, and after i get Galeforce what then? I never would have thought to turn my FeMU into a Sage (As duck suggested) yet it has made her so much more useful. However for other charactersi am puzzled with what i am supposed to do with them and what their class progression should be. Yet their class progression plays a huge amount.

For example i never ever thought to reclass Kellam->Thief->Assassin->General (this was mentioned in a thread i saw here awhile ago), yet doing this suddenly turned Kellam into something useful. Honestly there is hundreds and hundreds of guides that argue who is the better people for marriage (which is completely valid, and also extremely important), but there really isn't anything that suggests class progressions for the different characthers. I understand getting key skills such as Galeforce is critical, but what am i supposed to do with them once i get it.

p.s. Thank you Duck for being awesome.

Edited by UberJumper

Is there anyway to farm Tiki's Tears (other than making her cry, I don't want that). I used my entire stock (I had like eight) on my first run through of Apoteosis. I now realize how foolish that was since the secret path is the real challenge of the game and it is totally kicking my ass. Having all my units plus 2 on every stat and five HP would be really useful.