"I just want to know one thing!" - FE13 Edition

Popo

I made a mistake earlier, it was Cherche using Staves as Troubadour (and having pitiful range), instead of Cordelia, but nevermind.

Is there an "official" optimal character build thread? I don't really see one on the first page of the forum, and after reading through the Pairing thread, it's about just that, the Pairings, and the kids from those Pairings.

My question is about building up Cherche. At lvl 20 Wyvern Rider, I reclassed her to Troubadour. My thoughts for this were that Res +2 from Troubadour would help her low Res, and that the eventual Dual Support+ from Valkyrie would make her a good Support unit. Dual Support+ can also be passed down to her son Gerome. (The Vaike is going to be her hubby.)

The classpath would be: Wyvern Rider - Troubadour - Valkyrie - Griffon Rider - Wyvern Lord (with Griffon Rider debatable)

Cherche just hit lvl 10 in Troubadour, and I was wondering whether it was worth it grinding her up to lvl 20 before Promoting to Valkyrie. It feels very slow to me, and since she can't attack, barely does anything (I eventually bought 2 Rescue Staves for her to wile away the time). Will I miss out on a lot of stats if I Promote her now, at level 10 Troubadour?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cordelia doesn't get Troubadour.

The Pairing Thread is the official thread. It's also over a year old, and the metagame changes a lot in a year for a game that's only been out for 2.5 years (1.5 in the US), so obviously the content is going to change as time passes- it's essentially now a Q&A/Rate My Team thread for anything that has to do with gameplay optimization. Don't try to read the whole thing, just post at the end.

Cherche likely will see benefit from staying in Troubadour, due to much higher Mag, Res and Spd growths. If you want to train staff users quickly, buy a pile of Rescue Staves (around 20 or 30), go to a map with an immobile boss (I prefer CoY3, but most of the main chapters also work), kill everything except for the boss, spam Rescue until at Lv.20, promote, and do it again if you're so inclined.

If you want to train staff users quickly, buy a pile of Rescue Staves (around 20 or 30), go to a map with an immobile boss (I prefer CoY3, but most of the main chapters also work), kill everything except for the boss, spam Rescue until at Lv.20, promote, and do it again if you're so inclined.

Alternatively, just spawn Mist's spotpass team, kill everyone but her, and then go ham on the Rescue Staves. It's what I do, for both Cleric grinding and Dance Grinding.

Mist! Man, she was a lifesaver. I wanted to grind my units up a bit at the very beginning, and I barely had any idea on how to play. Mist's team gave me much needed experience (both real life and in game). I actually recruited her (the only spotpass team I have battled), but she's still lvl 1.

EDIT: Why are some of the stats green on the info page of certain units? Did they hit their cap?

Edited by Mousse9

I may have stumbled onto one of the hardest to optimize pairings. On my run I paired Frederick with Maribelle. I've heard that Brady is great and nobody gimps him, but I may have found the exception. I've had to relegate him to support and this is my current build on him.

Frederick!Brady @

-Limit Breaker

-Galeforce

-Aggressor

-Deliverer

-Dual Guard+

Pass: Father: Dual Guard+ Mother:Galeforce

He's currently paired with Gaius!Noire who is built like this

Gaius!Noire @ Sniper/Sorcerer

-Limit Breaker

-Galeforce

-All Stats+2/Pass/Hit+20

-Bowfaire/Tomefaire

-Vengeance/Luna

Pass: Father: Pass Mother: Vengeance

Please tell me how I can fix or patch Brady.

Edited by Armanyte

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=42247

The best way to optimize that is to start over. When people say Brady is unbreakable, they're referring to his skills- he can still be given bad mods. Anyway, if you do want to use him, give him Luna and TF over Deliverer and DG+ and make him a Sage (standard Brady build, he'll just have to live with Fred's Mag and Spd).

Depends what you're going for. Postgame, the Brave Sword always wins due to its higher mt, but Eirika's Blade does have some use in being cheaper and easier to wield (and having a little bit of Crit). Generally you don't want to forge Eirika's Blades because it kind of defeats the point of using them.

That's his "canon" hair- it appears whenever the game tries to display a Morgan-M without proper parent data. If you want to see more of them, fight a Streetpass team using an Avatar-F, recruit her, load a file where you're using Avatar-M or have an unmarried Avatar-F, look at the Streetpass Avatar's card in the Logbook, and check her pairings. If Morgan was recruited and paired, he'll show up there with pink hair.

Note: I haven't done extensive testing and don't know if these are the exact steps to follow, but I've seen several by doing something similar.

I have a Morgan-F paired with Owain. I look at my own card in the logbook (on the same file of course), and at the MorganxOwain page, Morgan has pink hair. Any idea why it's doing that?

Also, I can't look at the pairings from other people's streetpass teams. I know that they have pairings because they have second gen characters on their team, and I'm pretty sure that there's no option to hide the pairings, so why is this?

I created a new MU with Speed+ Luck-. But upon further consideration, it seems like my old MU of Skill+/Luck- was more effective (Speed MU has his offenses lowered by vLuck and Speed doesn't counteract that like Skill does). Can I still be effective at postgame shit with this MU or would it be a better idea to 1) revert to the Skill+/Luck- MU or 2) pick a different flaw to better compliment Speed? (If so what would the best one be?)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by BANRYU

I created a new MU with Speed+ Luck-. But upon further consideration, it seems like my old MU of Skill+/Luck- was more effective (Speed MU has his offenses lowered by vLuck and Speed doesn't counteract that like Skill does). Can I still be effective at postgame shit with this MU or would it be a better idea to 1) revert to the Skill+/Luck- MU or 2) pick a different flaw to better compliment Speed? (If so what would the best one be?)

Thanks in advance.

Any Asset and Flaw are effective. Avatar and Morgan will be beasts no matter what.

That said, if you're planning to do Apotheosis, -Def is a common flaw because Def and Res are by far the least important stats there, with Luck being a close third. I haven't heard of using +Speed FeMU postgame, but I'm a noob so it could be I juat haven't heard of it. +Speed MaMU is a thing when it comes to optimization, because while it doesn't benefit MU much, it gives you a beast of a Sumia/Olivia!Lucina!Morgan or Lon'qu!Severa!Morgan. Airship_Canon advocates +Skill and +Speed as the best options when marrying Lucina--Skill benefits MU more, but doesn't get you the really fast Morgan. Again I don't know if +Skill is common for FeMU or not--I'm uaing it personally, but that's because my specific setup needs the 4 Skill to hit a threshold.

Optimal asset/flaw become a lot less clear-cut outside of Apo aince Def and Res matter.

Ooo nice. I will try to feed him some kills then...after I grind some more and come back. I am SO regretting picking hard mode.

Haha, that village girl is such a troll...he wants romance, she gives him items lol. Then again, items are more useful gameplay wise. 2nd gen normally doesn't get to breed. And preferably not with a random villager if he could xD