Rate the DLC Unit Day #11: Celica

PKL

Provided you don't spend a million turns casually killing the weak enemies with bronze weapons, Kjelle's paralogue is pretty easy.

(Please note that as I rate child units I assume that the parents have been used up to this point)

Kjelle, due to her father range, has a very nice range of classes to choose from. Sully, being the awesome mother she is, passes some down nice stats, and is probably what's making Kjelle not terrislow. Her base knight class isn't the best due to her speed; so it's recommened to reclass her if you want to use her. Other than that, is competent in battle, can potentially inherit Aether, and isn't hard to get.

5.5/10. It's really just her speed that you need to worry about. If you manage to get that out of the way (although it's not the smallest if), she'll be fine.

6.5/10 if bias is involved. She seemed annoying at first to me, but when I saw the DLC supporting conversations she is like the nicest fucking person to the other future children ever that and she tries to 1v1 a waste Sorceror fite me irl fisticuffs gg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's one of the better children due to appearing in an easy paralogue and Sully is one of the best characters in the game which means she pass down good stats and good skills and usually she does good with almost any dad. Her reclass options are solid (lol knights) and she can catch up easily with the rest of your team with the right pair up. 5/10

Kjelle is entirely dependent on her father in order to stand out, having a similar class set to her mother, and no outstanding skills to inherit. Veteran from AvaDad is an obvious choice, as he's the only unit who can make Kjelle anything more than redundant. Even with increased experience gain under her belt, it's not likely she'll outperform the rest of the party any time soon, or any other child with an Avatar parent. Kjelle is a good unit, but nothing special.

6/10

"Chell", I think.

Wait seriously? Ive been calling her "Kai-yell". Hruurrr...

Variables, hooo.

A Chrom fathered Kjelle can be pretty cool what with Aether involved. Its really hard for me to rate the kids in general due to the variables in place. But im gonna default her at about a 6.5/10 simply because shes never ended up terribly stellar for me outside the one time i Chrom/Sully'd.

Kjelly and Owain's scores are now on the OP.

Day 34: Laurent

EDIT: Just in case, I copied Horace's vote as mine.

Edited by Peekayell

5.5/10.

A weaker Miriel that joins later. He does have access to Dark Flier support and Sorcerer, so he has the possibility to end up better than his mother. C Tomes are more flexible than what the other children get.

+1 bias because nobody ever gives this guy a chance, making 6.5/10. He's basically Colress from B2/W2.

Someone please make a rating using miriel speak

In a sense, Laurent is a reverse Owain, while Owain is a Physical Unit who has magical mom, Laurent is a magical unit who mostly has a Physical Father. Frederick can give Luna, and I think Stahl and Gregor is pretty decent for the job

Anyway give him a pair support with +SPD and +DEF and hes pretty gold. Otherwise, Trickster Gaius works decently although you need to face the consequences of lolweak DS.

C tomes is pretty cool for Nosferatu I guess(but nosferatu sucks PKL told me so)

4/10(mostly because IMO Miriel kinda sucks)

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Laurent's awesome.

Miriel's not too good, but Laurent's potential of course outshines her. C tomes is pretty sweet, and if need be, he can even instapromote and provide some nice utility using staves or make a pretty nice dark knight. His joining paralogue is also nice to him, because desert. Just pair him up with someone who gives SPD in Pair Ups and go to town.

5/10, +.5 bias because this guy is one of my favorites in the game. 5.5/10

Someone please make a rating using miriel speak

My pleasure.

The eugenics of this male specimen are what is necessary for him to radiate thusly. Depending on the male genetics, Laurent may or may not gain adequate skills for vanquishing his enemies. If his mother has coupled with a man such like Frederick, Laurent is capable of gaining a skill of the likes of Luna, which devastates his enemies without abandon. If memory serves, Laurent also has access to the Sorcerer class, which allows for excellent combat prowess in the vain of Nosferatu tomes and Tomebreaker. If Donnel couples with Miriel, Laurent can gain Aptitude which will invariably work in his favor.

6.5/10

7/10 out of favorable bias. Laurent is the shiznit.

PKL, please make it so that Florina's vote is the only valid one :P:

On the upside, he gets (relatively) nice movement in his starting map. His growths tend to be on the mediocre end of things (Kjelle handily beats him, for one). Barbarian's a weird choice for a mage, but there's stranger things out there. Tomefaire + dark magic is always amusing, and I guess I could make some sort of gimmicky Wrath/Ruin/Vantage build (but that would require someone like Stahl/Gregor/Lon'qu/Gaius. . .well, Gaius gives him decent growths, at least).

4.5/10 (no bias)

Laurent is an interesting character. Because of miriel, he has access to most of the magic classes, making it so that it's best for you to get... physical classes for him? That's pretty much the concept, regarding his fathers, because on children you need the skills for them to be good. Magic-wise, it has to be Ricken/Libra, so I'll rate him under those circumstances.

Honestly, I'd say Laurent is incredibly similar to Miriel, regarding his stats and his class set. Laurent has to acquire skills from other classes to best her, but those are physical and will heavily affect his combat. He has Dark Mage, thankfully, so he already has access to Dark Magic, which is a hallelujah.

Apart from that, I find him rather plain, really. Nothing much else to say about him, other than the fact that his paralogue is another of the easy ones, barring reinforcements, so he shouldn't be hard to get.

5/10, though if it's with bias it's 6/10 because he's kind, cool, and actually shows emotions, unlike his robot mother.

He's usually too slow in the rare occasion I put up with Miriel to recruit him. His growths also seem very subpar. His paralogue is at least easy, but the most he can do for me is like instapromote to Dark Knight and be filler. Comes too late with too little to give back. 1.5/10

Edited by Peekayell

Miriel makes a good mother, hopefully passing down some good mag and speed down to Laurent. His durability won't be so hot, or it might be depending on the father, but he has access to Dark Mage no matter what, so nosferatu helps with the low durability thing. If nosferatanking doesn't suit your fancy, he can instapromote into Sage for okay staff usage though he will start with E staves, or dark knight for a horse. Good magic based fathers are in a surprisingly low quantity, so that kinda hurts him a little bit and they can't really provide any magic based classes that Laurent doesn't have access to anyway.

4/10, Miriel is an alright mother but the lack of magic daddies is not good for him

Laurent (based on Kellam, Gregor, Vaike)

+ Paralogue can be done fairly early

+ Inherits Sorcerer

- Since he's almost a copy of his mom he likely won't inherit any really great skills from her; most useful is maybe Tomefaire to go Dark Mage instantly

- Dependent on father for any good offensive skills (well ok he gets Vengeance from Miriel but that's only useful with Nosferatu or Vantage) but most won't help him too much stats-wise

5/10

I find the absence of Laurent supporters rather disconsolate.

Although Miriel is capable of bestowing a satisfactory amount of MAG, a primary complication seems to be the lack of potential progenitors of the male gender.

However, depending on the father, Laurent can conceivably become heir to several advantageous skills.

5/10

(+ 1 bias because he's my favorite character and his backstory makes me cry)

6/10

he'll have good magic and ok speed, but he misses out on a few of the the magic classes because he's a dude (like darkflier and valkyrie) and they're both pretty bro.

then there's the issue the Owain had, likely having a physical father fucks up his growths/bases, because miriel doesn't function well with most magical guys.

2/10 nobias

...yeah, a 2nd gen male magic user isn't exactly optimal in this game.

His stats are probably going to get messed up by his parent, Miriel isn't that good of a unit in the first place, and he misses out on a lot of magic classes. Not really worth using, unless you are intentionally making a good setup for him.

2/10 with -.5 bias for 1.5/10

Laurent got 3.96 unbiased and 4.23 biased.

Day 35: Cynthia

Zeem's waifu

She's one of the better kids imo. Pretty high bases and a good mother. She can have access to Galeforce in the main game. She depends on Severa and Owain's Paralogues being open or wait until Chapter 19 though. Her Paralogue isn't that easy, so it's safe to say she's getting recruited a bit later, if at all. This gives her an opportunity to get Galeforce, but also hinders what she can do when she's there because of her underleveledness, lack of A support and a C rank only. Having a C rank in lances is pretty cool, but not when you join halfway or almost at the end of the game.

4/10

It's near-impossible to mess up Cynthia's Speed growth. Sumia's lack of husbands is frustrating, but Cynthia manages somehow. Her biggest weakness is that Sumia has a say in her base stats, and that usually means "frail" and "hits a little bit harder than Owain, but not by much". Her class sets will always be a tad disappointing, and that is Sumia's fault (seriously, what CAN be done with PK, Knight, and Cleric?).

5/10 (no bias)

6.5/10.

Flight and has a good mother to back her up(Great Knight, Falcoknight and Dark Flier are all good options to fall on). Honestly one of the better children, but can't really go above a 8 because of certain factors that obviously hinder all children(Chapter 13 join at earliest, just alright bases, C weapon rank, no supports built up).

Best children base stats ftw, and her main fathers happen to be w1n in term of skill inheritance.

Her class sets is also w1n because non footies is overrated in HM, and she has 2/5 chance to get jackpot as a Cavs. Sumia can reasonably gets early Galeforce, around chapter 16 - 18, and handled her paralogue 7 so Cynthia can start with it.

Otherwise, Steals Misha rating because why not

6.5/10

7.5/10 bias for

PEGALEFORCE

PONY

PRINCESS

and playlog

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

inb4 ZM 11/10

Lack of decent fathers really hurts Cynthia's potential in postgame. Her options suck and she comes way too late in the main story to make a difference there.

1-1 bias = 0/10

Zeem's waifu

<3

Haha, here we go...

Cynthia, Cynthia, Cynthia. What an amazing unit...for postgame potential, mainly. She really would be an amazing unit (she is to me, but hush) during the main game if a few problems didn't lay in her way.

She has a great mother who appears very early on, and she can easily manage to get paired by Chapter 13 if you didn't stick Sumia with Henry and probably Gaius. Because of that, Cynthia's bases will be pretty sweet. Her SPD will pretty much always be high, so you don't have to worry about her getting doubled. Her paralogue can be a bit tough, but I find it manageable to get her a kill or two. Pair Ups help her out in that regard, and hopefully her STR won't blow too much. After that, she has other kids' paralogues (if available) to rake up some kills in, like in Laurent's or Morgan's. Her maingame potential's pretty good, for the most part.

But, when there's good, there's bad.

Sumia's marriage options are horribly limited (which is stupid), so Cynthia's variety isn't really that great compared to the other kids (Huh, she doesn't really need the variety because her base class is one of the best unpromoted ones in the game, so it's not really a negative on her part. And she already has access to good skills like Galeforce and Luna, so whatever.). Also, the location for her paralogue kind of blows. To get her before the end of Chapter 18, one of Cordelia or Lissa need to be paired. But, you won't always get a chance to pair one of them, so that kinda limits Cynthia's availablity if something were to happen. And appearing after Chapter 18...not so good. Enemies will be pretty damn strong by that time, and Cynthia probably won't find a place to fit on your team. Yeah. I think having her ASAP (after Chapter 13) is the preferred option.

All in all, her maingame potential is pretty great if all things add up. If it doesn't, well...she's not so good. Pretty rad unit, but her usefulness is so easy to butcher.

6.5/10, +1 bias because she's my pretty heroine. 7.5/10

...11/10 in my heart. *sniff*

Edited by Zeem

Oh oh, that "kawaii musume" girl! I dunno what to rate her with though. :V

I think Cynthia is, at the very least, a decent child unit. Her personality and (Japanese) voice is adorable, although I don't know if her personality in the Japanese version is the same... like, everything of her is adorable. And as a unit, she performed decently/good for me... though I can't say it was something like, FeMU!Lucina or Chrom!Morgan but those kids are just game-breaking with my pairings. But I agree that her paralogue location is a bad location... especially if you don't use Lissa.

As for her parents, I guess I can see where people are coming from saying the limitations on Sumia's pairings is frustrating but I think Cynthia can do well with any father. Or maybe that's just me/my game files. Maybe if they gave Stahl as a potential father for her, her defence would do much better.

Let's see... I still have to give a rating, huh... umm... I'm gonna go with... 7/10? 8/10 with bias? >_>