Why is there so much hate for Awakening?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know, why is there so much love for awakening? i just don't see the need to praise it with every word.

there's nothing wrong with pointing out FE13's flaws, which it possesses in abundance.

I don't see people praising everything about it with their every post.

And yeah, it has a lot of flaws. People just take pointing them out to another level. But, I suppose you're right.

Some people like it some people dont. Its more abundant popularity just gets it more praise and hate then the rest because its more known. Make sense?

I havent played the game yet(just bought a 3ds online yesterday hooray for shipping!) but the only thing thats irked me so far is the lack of air battles between two aerial units and the replacement of the halberdier class other than that I dont see a lot of bashing on it or worshiping it

Well it's quite popular, it has attracted some pretty annoying fans, and it has a rather lackluster plot.

Though to be honest I think the story perhaps gets a bit too much hate. Yeah it's a mess but as far as bad stories go it's far from the bottom of the barrel, even within the Fire Emblem series.

I enjoy the gameplay because I don't particularly care that it's imbalance since I play on Normal mode anyway. I had loads of fun with the gameplay. But the story is terrible and so are the characters.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

It's certainly not a bad game, one of the best currently in the 3DS library, but it's not the best Fire Emblem in my opinion. I don't hate it, I hate certain things about it, but I like a lot of things about it too.

It's the Final Fantasy 7 of Fire Emblem.

I always thought that was FE4, but with how much hate it seems to garner recently, I wonder just how accurate that'd be now...

I always thought that was FE4, but with how much hate it seems to garner recently, I wonder just how accurate that'd be now...

FE4 is the FE8 of Fire Emblem.

Well it's quite popular, it has attracted some pretty annoying fans, and it has a rather lackluster plot.

Though to be honest I think the story perhaps gets a bit too much hate. Yeah it's a mess but as far as bad stories go it's far from the bottom of the barrel, even within the Fire Emblem series

the story is just way too cliche and overused

I miss the old GBA stories Dx

Bashing? Haven't seen it

Praising? Saw it aplenty with emphasis on its new features, often times being shit that existed in some older FE game.

Mention of the game's flaws now and then? You look for a game you can find that has not a single flaw and you'll die before you can find it.

Because if sonething exists there will be people hating it be their reasons good or bad, that's just how things are, and in the Internet it just seems even worse than it is.

As for the story, it is not THAT bad but it was poorly delivered, something about Grima's return happen and people look like they just forgot about it for 6 chapters or so. And let's not forget about those Spotpass Paralogues that simply murder every little good part about the story.

Accuracy rating for you:

FE4=FF7

FE13=FF13 Take this however you wish it

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

Someone explain it?

They both do a lot of things that deviate from the standard formula of their respective series, and a lot of people didn't actually like that!

Strange, I see Awakening getting way more love than hate. But those who do dislike it seem to dislike it for the story and characters. I agree that the story isn't the most amazing thing ever, but I enjoyed just about everything else about it, characters included.

FE8 is Metroid Fusion of the series.

FE5 is Super Metroid of the series.

FE7 is Metroid: Zero Mission of the series.

FE6 is Metroid 2 of the series (quite good, but has some issues).

Edited by Nicolas