Fire Emblem Link Arena Discussion Topic

Espinosa

Things in the Fates meta that look bannable?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. (tick many) What looks bannable in the Fates meta?

• Dragon Ward (Hoshido Noble)
    • Life or Death (Master of Arms)
    • Counter (Oni Chieftain)
    • Darting Blow (Sky Knight)
    • Multiple Amaterasu (Kinshi Knight)
    • Wary Fighter (General)
    • Inspiration (Strategist)
    • Aggressor (Dread Fighter)
    • Galeforce (Dark Falcon)
    • Awakening (Great Lord)
    • Dancing Blade (Lodestar)
    • Ban ALL DLC/Amiibo skills.
    • Other (state what)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My teambuilding process was "start with Gerik and work from there". Gerik's support partners are mediocre at best, but they themselves have some powerful partners aside from Tethys.

My teambuilding process was "start with Gerik and work from there". Gerik's support partners are mediocre at best, but they themselves have some powerful partners aside from Tethys.

Everyone supports two people so it pays off. Some of your supports could probably be broken without too much effort (starting with Saleh and his 22 speed, then neutralising Marisa with Gilliam's enormous bulk and taking it from there), but Randa's team just happened to be too slow to support-break the weakest links ASAP.

[spoiler=Teams]

Randa's Team:

914i.pngq3wv.pngq02w.pngbsit.png7ybr.png

Berserker General General Great Knight Warrior

X-Naut's Team:

eqgk.png51oh.pngg67z.pngq0ik.pngwl7q.png

Hero Sage Great Lord Wyvern Knight Swordmaster

bsit.png vs g67z.png

X-Naut's Eirika (Rapier) attacks Randa's Franz (Audhulma)!

[24x2] dmg, 100 hit, 12 crit

(40 71 86)

Franz receives 24 damage! (2Hp) //Holy shit just like Saleh!

Franz counterattacks!

25 dmg, 52 hit, 0 crit

(8 23) //Franz getting blessed by landing crappy hits

Eirika receives 25 damage! (22Hp)

Eirika attacks again!

(50 77 98)

Franz receives 2 damage! (0Hp)

Franz got KO'd!

Randa's Team:

Dozla 0/59

Amelia 0/49

Gilliam 0/60

Franz 0/53

Garcia 0/59

X-Naut's Team:

Gerik 46/60

Saleh 0/40

Eirika 22/47

Tana 0/46

Marisa 0/53

X-Naut wins the match! Congratulations!

Well, that was a good one in spite of the brief interruption and it was cool to see some different characters used.

This is the last game that we began in this topic besides Dio and JSND's (which seems 1 or 2 turns away from being complete), and I think everyone agrees that the next matches should be taken outside the thread so that we have a very clear idea of the benefits of having a separate topic for each individual match. Since the moderator team hasn't got back to us yet on our requests, I say we start the new topics in the same section (General FE) for now, and then these threads can be moved elsewhere should it be chosen so - be it an entirely new subsection for Link Arena, the Draft subforum (where I recently opened a topic with a Draft + LA experimental idea) or whatever else may end up being deemed right.

When a stable section of the forum is given to us, I'm also planning to archive the matches we've already finished in a few topics, where they can be observed in continuity without several pages of unintentional interruption, commented on and discussed. Having games so easily viewable also simplifies getting new players into this, which is what a lot of people want to do (but having to look through 100+ pages intimidates many and rightfully so).

I'm trying to look through my backlogs, and I can already start the Uber Spear FE7 match between Randa and Quint whenever you guys please, X-naut can open a topic for PKL vs. BBM, and I'd like somebody to receive my and Quint's (am I right?) FE5 teams so that we can have another FE5 battle.

I want to have a workout right now, and I'll spend the night in the town drinking, but I should begin the game shortly afterwards. I want you two to agree on whether you'll be playing your game with 2x or 3x effective Mt before then (in addition to getting a confirmation from Randa that he's ready).

Edited by Espinosa

According to the site's FE7 Calculations:

Effective coefficient (English version): 2 if weapon is effective against enemy, 1 if not

Effective coefficient (Japanese version): 3 if weapon is effective against enemy (2 for dragon-slaying weapons, excluding Aureola), 1 if not

I'd like the Japanese Effective coefficient, just to maintain FE8's style. The only difference will be in Heavy Spear, Horseslayer, Longsword, Rapier, etc.

Nicolas, could you repost it as a new topic in the General FE section? Title it [FE8] Quintessence vs Refa or something.

Once Dio vs. JSND is done, we can keep this topic strictly for theoretical and organisational discussion (as well as all the resources in the OP).

Edited by Espinosa

Yeah, I only just now started telling people about it. We've been talking about the need of having a separate topic for a few days now but without actual experience of having separate topics, so such experience we will have.

Espinosa should we have our match soon?

Also since i forgot, we can use scrolls right?

Yeah, but Hawkeye is unavailable so we need to find a different host and then PM them our teams.

Hosting FE5 games is pretty easy actually, what with samey stats, no +stat bonuses (besides avo and hit) and most of the weapons having 70 hit, but you have to remember how many Charismas/supports each side has and not to mess that up because 1 RN makes that stuff really important.

Scrolls should be assumed to be on each character a priori IMHO, taking which into account everyone should have 7 slots for weapons (so far it looks like you barely ever need more than one weapon for the whole game).

Yeah, I only just now started telling people about it. We've been talking about the need of having a separate topic for a few days now but without actual experience of having separate topics, so such experience we will have.

Yeah, but Hawkeye is unavailable so we need to find a different host and then PM them our teams.

Hosting FE5 games is pretty easy actually, what with samey stats, no +stat bonuses (besides avo and hit) and most of the weapons having 70 hit, but you have to remember how many Charismas/supports each side has and not to mess that up because 1 RN makes that stuff really important.

Scrolls should be assumed to be on each character a priori IMHO, taking which into account everyone should have 7 slots for weapons (so far it looks like you barely ever need more than one weapon for the whole game).

Yeah FE5 Arena looks really fun to play. Charisma/supports are gonna be Interesting

Yeah FE5 Arena looks really fun to play. Charisma/supports are gonna be Interesting

One problem with FE5 averages is that only around 8 or so characters are even close to being viable. We haven't really come up with a conclusion about FE5 max stats (and I personally have no idea how many boosters would be available in addition to getting max level-ups with all scrolls stacked at once each level-up... sounds hard to calculate too, but for nearly everyone it means 20 in each stats with varying HP stats).

Won´t bother reading 50 pages to look if this was suggested earlier: What if the players chose they team by drafting? You could avoid having limited teams, which all have the same units, that way.

We're about to hold the first Link Arena draft - check out the topic in the draft section if you're interested.

Who is hosting my game? I'm kinda lost.

You should PM your team to X-naut.

FE5 actually have a bunch of viable chars. its just its REALLY hard to think off a team Archetype that could tops Odo Duo or Finn Family.

I think the list of viable chars might be like this

Skilled Char with good stats/support list:

Leif - Continue, Leadership, and a bunch of support including Nanna

Othin - Wrath, high stats, lolsupports

Halvan - Vantage, high stats

Finn - Prayer, leadership, supports Nanna and Leif, highest evasion + hit rate

Nanna - Charisma with best support list, fragile

Delmud - Bulky Nanna with worse support

Mareeta - Best offense by far and 2 Awareness owner

Galzus - Mareeta with worse offense and much better defense and support list

Shiva - Defensive version of Mareeta

Trewd - Continue and Nihil

Brighton - Wrath

Manchua - Vantage + Brighton support

Eyrios - Sol, Prayer

Deam - Brave Vantage with Dragon Lance

Questionable characters:

Kein - Best stats in the game

Robert - Best Brave Bow user. But lolbow

Amalda - Leadership star, and solid stats. Have Continue. Sadly is fairly mediocre compared to the Top Tier, notably being outclassed by Leif aside from Magic

Wind Sword Xavier - Fixes that 13 Speed + Wrath. VERY high offense with charge. Glass Cannon(ironically)

Selphina - Terrible stats, but she have charge, which is pretty nice

Olwen - Kills Pony and can do a desperate sniping attempt with DT. Sadly her stats SUCKS. Hard. And her offense without DT and not against Pony sucked

Pahn - Vantage AND Sol. Terrible stats

Lara - Vantage and one the most bulky character in FE5 Averages Metagame. Her STR sucks

Miranda - Wrath, but its hard to find something that did not kill her in one shot

Sara - Miranda with Prayer. Except she is even less bulky

Sages - They have Continue and hits Res.... Thats about everything you can say about them

In a maximum stats/statsboosters Metagame, obviously those like Mareeta, Galzus, and Finn would still rule thanks to their superior ability or stats advantage, but the biggest change IMO would be Xavier. Wrath, Big Shield, and Charge seems really amazing on papers

Edited by JSND

FE5 actually have a bunch of viable chars. its just its REALLY hard to think off a team Archetype that could tops Odo Duo or Finn Family.

I think the list of viable chars might be like this

Skilled Char with good stats:

Leif - Continue, Leadership, and a bunch of support including Nanna

Othin - Wrath, kinda broken stats, lolsupports

Halvan - Vantage

Finn - Prayer, leadership, supports Nanna and Leif, highest evasion + hit rate

Nanna - Charisma with best support list, fragile

Delmud - Bulky Nanna with worse support

Mareeta - Best offense by far and 2 Awareness owner

Galzus - Mareeta with worse offense and much better defense and support list

Shiva - Defensive version of Mareeta

Trewd - Continue and Nihil

Brighton - Wrath

Manchua - Vantage + Brighton support

Eyrios - Sol, Prayer

Deam - Brave Vantage with Dragon Lance

Questionable characters:

Kein - Best stats in the game

Robert - Best Brave Bow user. But lolbow

Amalda - Leadership star, and solid stats. Have Continue. Sadly is fairly mediocre compared to the Top Tier, notably being outclassed by Leif aside from Magic

Wind Sword Xavier - Fixes that 13 Speed + Wrath. VERY high offense with charge. Glass Cannon(ironically)

Selphina - Terrible stats, but she have charge, which is pretty nice

Olwen - Kills Pony and can do a desperate sniping attempt with DT. Sadly her stats SUCKS. Hard. And her offense without DT and not against Pony sucked

Pahn - Vantage AND Sol. Terrible stats

Lara - Vantage and one the most bulky character in FE5 Averages Metagame. Her STR sucks

Miranda - Wrath, but its hard to find something that did not kill her in one shot

Sara - Miranda with Prayer. Except she is even less bulky

I would add Bromeros, since most of phisican units has low magic and he is something like most durable mage(not mk) in game.

Edited by Nicolas